• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
This thread has certainly been busy while I was sleeping.

Rosalina confirmed for Mario Tennis was the best thing I've heard from Nintendo in quite a while. I must say she looks great in that short dress (even though they look somewhat similar to Peach's) and white leggings. However, despite her confirmation, I'm still not that hyped for the game.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
This thread has certainly been busy while I was sleeping.

Rosalina confirmed for Mario Tennis was the best thing I've heard from Nintendo in quite a while. I must say she looks great in that short dress (even though they look somewhat similar to Peach's) and white leggings. However, despite her confirmation, I'm still not that hyped for the game.
Understandable. Actually, despite the roster, nothing is really great about the game.
Ah, yeah, the graphics... But that's it. I mean, people have only been happy when they learnt one could turn off Tennis Open's technics.
Personally, I never played Tennis Open. Is that a really a bad game? I mean, I've played the Gamecube version a lot and I don't see the "differences" in the gameplays. If we take Ultra Smash and use the Tennis Open's technics annihilator, what are the differences between Power Tennis and Ultra Smash?
The lack of special shots?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Understandable. Actually, despite the roster, nothing is really great about the game.
Ah, yeah, the graphics... But that's it. I mean, people have only been happy when they learnt one could turn off Tennis Open's technics.
Personally, I never played Tennis Open. Is that a really a bad game? I mean, I've played the Gamecube version a lot and I don't see the "differences" in the gameplays. If we take Ultra Smash and use the Tennis Open's technics annihilator, what are the differences between Power Tennis and Ultra Smash?
The lack of special shots?
I got no opinion on Mario Power Tennis because I've never played it (never had a GameCube, actually). Mario Tennis Open was a meh to me compared to Mario Tennis: Power Tour, which I have enjoyed a lot mainly because of the story mode it had. I really don't see any differences with games like these honestly.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I actually think the Amiibo functionality is really cool.

Also they have basically given you the option to make the rules like any of the previous games.

Also I feel like there will be more reveals for modes and stuff.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Aside from the Dry Bowser reference , Birdo's reference is also a thing apparently.

For those who don't know , Birdo's japanese name is CATHERINE and that Banner totally belongs to her.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So you train it just like in Smash Bros.? Sounds like fun although I don't believe I'll be using the amiibo feature for the game.
You can use it as a doubles partner and it will level up and improve over time. And you can bring it online too (I would assume there is a specific mode for it).

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I'm guessing this subliminally confirms once again that the Super Mario lineup will indeed get more amiibo. So wave 2 will surely have Donkey Kong, Wario, Rosalina, Daisy, Waluigi, and maybe Boo or something.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't think it's a guarantee, but I do hope there is a Wave 2. I'd buy Wario and Rosalina.

And if they make an Amiibo of her sports outfit, well, I think I'd have a heart attack.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If there is gonna be a Super Mario amiibo wave 2 line, I'd definitely would buy the Rosalina one. That's it.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Luma would be cool to have in Tennis. I like Lumas as characters and they were fun to use in Open.

I'm predicting Bowser Jr, Birdo, Diddy, and maybe Luma.

As for amiibo support it is certainly interesting. If we are getting a wave two of the Mario figures, I'll probably won't get the other Rosalina figure. If it uses the Mario Party 10 amiibo party model, then it doesn't interest me much.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
For the unlockables, I hope Baby Mario is one of them

I also expect Nabbit as a possibilty.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Xenoblade Chronicles X right? Love that game.
Yes and no.
Yes in that is one of the games. No in that it isn't the only game. There is also Fates, SmtxFE, and Bravely Second. Still, I'm also thinking of getting something like Wooly World so I can use my Rosalina amiibo for something.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sorry to bust everyone's bubble, but it seems that the remaining four characters have been revealed to us in silhouette form...

• Toadette
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Dry Bowser
  • Green Sprixie Princess
And yes, the character select screen ONLY has 16 characters in it, since all the unlockable characters are already present on the character select screen, but they're in silhouette form to notify the player that they haven't been unlocked yet.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Just found this. Hasn't really happened to me, though.

Kinda odd to see the last four contain a second Bowser. Interesting to see a Sprixie return from 3D World and make it into a sports title.
Sorry to bust everyone's bubble, but it seems that the remaining four characters have been revealed to us in silhouette form...

• Toadette
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Dry Bowser
  • Green Sprixie Princess
And yes, the character select screen ONLY has 16 characters in it, since all the unlockable characters are already present on the character select screen, but they're in silhouette form to notify the player that they haven't been unlocked yet.
Due to the way Rosalina animates when she moves on the court, when taking short steps side to side, I find it unintentionally adorable how she kinda dances left and right. Rosalina's looking to be a great addition which is to be expected.

Last edited:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
I'm back.

I'm not surprise that Rosalina since I knew that she'll be in the game, but I'm glad that she got a sport outfit and she's look great in it. Similar to Peach and Daisy and their shoes, but good enough for me along with her floating. Not sure why her skirt is even alittle shorter than Peach's, but it may be just me, I guess.
Amiibo is looking good so far like Smash bros 4. I'll get to train them, play with them, and can't wait to see how they turn out when I get the game on Winter season.
Hopefully, online turns out well where you can also play with friends as well. I don't want to just play random people, online and I rather not, either.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Final characters revealed , Toadette , Bowser Jr , Dry Bowser and Sprixie

Nintendo always has that one random mario character in all there spin offs. I wish they kept some of them though.
(I miss Dry Bones. ;_; )
Kinda odd to see the last four contain a second Bowser. Interesting to see a Sprixie return from 3D World and make it into a sports title.
To be fair, Dry Bowser is a popular character in the spin offs.

I think the most important matter is...

...Rosalina is Power? Huh? You think a character who floats would be a tricky character.

Maybe. Just maybe. They are finally embracing the idea that Rosalina has god like powers.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Nintendo always has that one random mario character in all there spin offs. I wish they kept some of them though.
(I miss Dry Bones. ;_; )

To be fair, Dry Bowser is a popular character in the spin offs.

...Rosalina is Power? Huh? You think a character who floats would be a tricky character.

Maybe. Just maybe. They are finally embracing the idea that Rosalina has god like powers.
It should be noted that in Mario Golf: World Tour, Rosalina is one of the strongest characters, losing only to Bowser. I think her classification as a power character might be a reference to how strong her golf swings are.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47

Maybe because of her height like in the Mario Kart series.

Just found this. Hasn't really happened to me, though.
And that's for glory for you XD She ready to taste your sait.

Hasn't happened to me, either before I quit and move on to Ladder.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Maybe because of her height like in the Mario Kart series.
If that were the case, then Waluigi would've been treated as a power character as well. Rosalina obviously has powers that can make her shots much stronger, which is something that Waluigi hasn't really offered.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I just feel that a character who can control space would make more sense as a tricky character. Since space control could allow the ball to move in weird ways.

Though, I get what they are going for. Rosalina is like a wise sage who has unimaginable power but doesn't really want to use it.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Not Surprising that Rosalina is power (don't know why we didnt even noted it before when discussing the classes lol)

Since as Mario & Sonic guy said , in Mario Golf World Tour Rosalina is pretty powerful , i think it has to do with her powers.

I believe that something that's unique to Rosalina's presence is that unlike other females , she is really strong physically and that's unique.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
If that were the case, then Waluigi would've been treated as a power character as well. Rosalina obviously has powers that can make her shots much stronger, which is something that Waluigi hasn't really offered.
Makes sense. Haven't played Mario golf world tour and not planning to get the game, but since I watch a couple of videos and searched on wiki, its clear to me, now. Sucks for him to be outclassed by her with power.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yes and no.
Yes in that is one of the games. No in that it isn't the only game. There is also Fates, SmtxFE, and Bravely Second. Still, I'm also thinking of getting something like Wooly World so I can use my Rosalina amiibo for something.
I know there are other RPGs coming. I thought you were only referring to the Wii U...
My brother had already finishing playing Fates main story and DLC chapters. Bravely Second recently grabs my attention too. Can't wait to get those games.
And I forgot to mention that your avatar looks great, is there Marie?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I knew Rosalina was gonna be a Power type. Suits her perfectly. Even in Tennis, she exudes a godly presence. That serving animation is too good.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I think I'll get Ultra Smash, although the only tennis I've played is 64.

My biggest hope for this game is that those super unique tournament victories from Power and 64 return. Those were hilarious.

Toadette was honestly expected, she's becoming as prominent as Rosalina in the series. Bowser Jr is fine. Dry Bowser is boring and redundant. Sprixie Princess is alright, I remember a lot of people thought she would be the character from 3D World to be in Mario Kart.

Still wish there was Baby Mario :( And surpised by the lack of Birdo and Nabbit

So I guess the pairings will likely be

Mario Luigi
Peach Daisy
Wario Waluigi
Bowser Bowser Jr
Boo Dry Bowser
Toad Toadette

And I guess that leaves Rosalina and Sprixie with Yoshi and Donkey Kong?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't think there are really official partners this time, but if there can only be one pairing for each character, Sprixie would have to be Rosalina's.

I hope they add Luma as DLC though so he can be her partner.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Checkout this New 3DS Super Mario Maker faceplate, Rosalina is on the bottom:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Checkout this New 3DS Super Mario Maker faceplate, Rosalina is on the bottom:
I NEED THIS!!

Too bad I have the XL, I love how big R.O.B. is and how he has his Famicom colours. I wish he had that colour in my game. Stupid japanese exclusive costumes.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Ah, Rosalina in power. That's something I expected during her announcement. She served the ball at 91 mph if I remember well, and Wario did something similar, with the ball as charged as when she did it. Still, Rosalina floating and levitating the ball in a sport suit with white leggings and in the power team...
I like it.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Too bad I have the XL, I love how big R.O.B. is and how he has his Famicom colours. I wish he had that colour in my game. Stupid japanese exclusive costumes.
I can get Japanese import amiibos easily, but I still had order the retro three pack, I want to get NES ROB.

And you can buy New 3DS and import face plates right?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I can get Japanese import amiibos easily, but I still had order the retro three pack, I want to get NES ROB.

And you can buy New 3DS and import face plates right?
I could but there are other things in Life that I need more. And I have no money.

On a side note, I only have one exam left before I'm finished with School. Its make TAFE Exam, and because of all the hassle involved, I'm not 100% sure what exactly its named. I studied Gaming and App development, but they changed it to Non Atar so we had it learn Information Technology and stuff for trials along with other stuff such as Animation.

I think its called Digital Animation, doesn't matter much since the Trial had alot of General Knowledge stuff and I do know the time and place, its just a lot of Information Technology exams are held at this time for tafe students.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom