• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I like the way Rosalina looks with her sports dress! I can't, however, look at her as the special character she once was. She became yet another spin-off character like the rest, while still being main, unlike Daisy or Waluigi.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I like the way Rosalina looks with her sports dress! I can't, however, look at her as the special character she once was. She became yet another spin-off character like the rest, while still being main, unlike Daisy or Waluigi.
As long as she keeps appearing in main games and doesn't get stuck in Spin off games then she would be ok.

Nothing wrong with being a ''spin off character'' though , since those games are the best Mario offerings aside from linear ''Main'' games with the same objetives.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
How is she any less special than before?

She was actively sabotaged by Miyamoto yet Koizumi still managed to wrestle her into the game (not perfectly as things could have went better), she's a newer character that has more modern tastes in mind, was introduced as a one-off but became super popular because she was so good, and has been made the second female member of the main Mario cast, and is also the first character to be playable in a main series title outside of the original 4 from SMB2 (not counting SM64DS since that's a remake and not an original concept). She's also received top billing in games like MK8 and Smash (and honestly so far, she seems to be selling a lot of pre-orders for Ultra Smash). She is also the only non-villain Mario female that hasn't been a damsel in distress and is consistently shown to be tough and strong (both in portrayal and in literal game stats - she's always one of the best characters in the game's she's playable in, performance wise). Not to mention that she is STILL the only main series character to have a fleshed out backstory of any description.

Oh and she's the only character in 3D World besides Mario to get a unique power-up colour (Mario usually gets the "original design" for each suit, while Luigi, Peach, and Toad just get their signature colours smothered over the suit. Rosalina's Cat Suit is black, instead of her signature blue).

I'd say she's getting more and more special as time goes on. Being in spin-offs doesn't take away from that. In all honesty, Rosalina has become a mandatory part of spin-offs at this stage, since she's a main cast member. But in general, everyone and their mother has been in the spin-offs anyway.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Rosalina has certainly proven herself and earned her way to the top where she is a well respected character (in general) and each spin-off appearance is just some nice extra fanservice to add on top of the massive foundation her character was built upon. We have nothing to worry about with her appearing in more spin-offs. While they're not the ideal games to show Rosalina in her prime the way Galaxy did, it shows that she will remain a significant Mario character and things for her will keep getting better (I hope).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If anything, spin-off appearances benefit Rosalina. Games like Mario Party, Mario Tennis, and Mario Golf have always done the best job of portraying the Mario characters and giving them personality. Rosalina in the Galaxy games and 3D World was the exception to the rule of Mario characters being totally bland and forgettable in the main series titles. However, putting Rosalina in the hands of people like the dev team at Camelot, does wonders for her - they're already great at giving personality to otherwise cookie cutter characters, so giving them a character that already has a fleshed out personality and backstory is making their job easier. The results so far have been wonderful. They really nailed her warm, motherly side in Mario Golf, as the Lumas were present in most of her animations and she interacted with them in some cute ways. In Mario Tennis, they seem to be emphasising more of her serious, tough, battle ready side (think the cutscene where she starts charging the Observatory into Bowser's Galaxy Reactor in SMG1). And in both cases, they have just been embracing her godly powers and going all out with that (which is probably my favourite part of Camelot's work with Rosalina - means people can't deny her awesome powers anymore, and Mario Tennis proves that her wand isn't the source of her power...though Smash kinda proved it already anyway, it was just less obvious since she had the wand in hand). And they've also been giving her a nice balance between sass and modesty (the way I interpret it, Rosalina gets "into the zone" when competing, making her act sassier and more cheeky than normal, but when she realises everyone is watching her, she kinda shies up a little bit).

Honestly, the only times I have had anything to criticise about Rosalina's portrayals outside of Galaxy, are certain voice clips from Kerri Kane in MK7 and Mario Golf, and certain voice clips from Laura Faye Smith in Mario Party 10. Also I wish they'd give Laura the echo, there's no reason not to (I can kinda see why they did it in 3D World but otherwise there is no reason). Oh, and I wish she had a different Final Smash in Smash Bros, but it's not a big deal since the game portrays her so well otherwise.

I guess I also am not a huge fan of them downplaying her size in certain games, Smash included, but I can forgive that one as it's a necessary compromise to get her playable in some games. She seems shorter than usual in Mario Tennis too, but once again, I can see why - if she was her canon height and also floated, she'd have way too long a reach and would be obviously broken. So it was either keep her canon size but don't have her float, or size her down and make her float. They went with the latter as it brings out more of her unique traits. When floating in this size, she is only just short of raising to something similar to her canon size while standing, so she still works out as looking a bit bigger than most other characters on the roster.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I finally got my Retro three pack, I haven't open it yet, cuz I don't know where to out it in my dorm for now.
P_20151025_115054.jpg

UH...
P_20151025_115106.jpg

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I finally got my Retro three pack, I haven't open it yet, cuz I don't know where to out it in my dorm for now.
View attachment 79816
When I first looked at the back of the box, I thought, "Of course Game & Watch would be keying my mains..." And it just so happens to be my two mains that get the most **** in the Smash 4 competitive scene. Although there was one point in my Melee/Brawl days where I almost considered him to be one of my mains.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
When I first looked at the back of the box, I thought, "Of course Game & Watch would be keying my mains..." And it just so happens to be my two mains that get the most **** in the Smash 4 competitive scene. Although there was one point in my Melee/Brawl days where I almost considered him to be one of my mains.
I also got a Famicom controller powerbank.
P_20151025_123609.jpg

Looks classy.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
If anything, spin-off appearances benefit Rosalina. Games like Mario Party, Mario Tennis, and Mario Golf have always done the best job of portraying the Mario characters and giving them personality. Rosalina in the Galaxy games and 3D World was the exception to the rule of Mario characters being totally bland and forgettable in the main series titles. However, putting Rosalina in the hands of people like the dev team at Camelot, does wonders for her - they're already great at giving personality to otherwise cookie cutter characters, so giving them a character that already has a fleshed out personality and backstory is making their job easier. The results so far have been wonderful. They really nailed her warm, motherly side in Mario Golf, as the Lumas were present in most of her animations and she interacted with them in some cute ways. In Mario Tennis, they seem to be emphasising more of her serious, tough, battle ready side (think the cutscene where she starts charging the Observatory into Bowser's Galaxy Reactor in SMG1). And in both cases, they have just been embracing her godly powers and going all out with that (which is probably my favourite part of Camelot's work with Rosalina - means people can't deny her awesome powers anymore, and Mario Tennis proves that her wand isn't the source of her power...though Smash kinda proved it already anyway, it was just less obvious since she had the wand in hand). And they've also been giving her a nice balance between sass and modesty (the way I interpret it, Rosalina gets "into the zone" when competing, making her act sassier and more cheeky than normal, but when she realises everyone is watching her, she kinda shies up a little bit).

Honestly, the only times I have had anything to criticise about Rosalina's portrayals outside of Galaxy, are certain voice clips from Kerri Kane in MK7 and Mario Golf, and certain voice clips from Laura Faye Smith in Mario Party 10. Also I wish they'd give Laura the echo, there's no reason not to (I can kinda see why they did it in 3D World but otherwise there is no reason). Oh, and I wish she had a different Final Smash in Smash Bros, but it's not a big deal since the game portrays her so well otherwise.

I guess I also am not a huge fan of them downplaying her size in certain games, Smash included, but I can forgive that one as it's a necessary compromise to get her playable in some games. She seems shorter than usual in Mario Tennis too, but once again, I can see why - if she was her canon height and also floated, she'd have way too long a reach and would be obviously broken. So it was either keep her canon size but don't have her float, or size her down and make her float. They went with the latter as it brings out more of her unique traits. When floating in this size, she is only just short of raising to something similar to her canon size while standing, so she still works out as looking a bit bigger than most other characters on the roster.
Well, from what's seeable, the voices of the characters get echo when they get Mega Mushrooms. I think she doesn't have echo in her normal form to avoid the confusion when she gets one.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, from what's seeable, the voices of the characters get echo when they get Mega Mushrooms. I think she doesn't have echo in her normal form to avoid the confusion when she gets one.
That's a good point. Never thought of that. That could be applied to 3D World too.

Still, in regards to MK8 and MP10, she should have had the echo.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
They don't just get echo, their voice also gets more deeper.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
They don't just get echo, their voice also gets more deeper.
Yeah! I noticed! Deeper voice with echo, it reminded me Mercedes Rose so much, even if Laura isn't doing a bad job with the new clips.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Christopher Niosi did a "Did You Know Voice Acting" video for Smash, and there is mention of Rosalina in it. He gets bonus points for not calling her a princess, and calling her "Galactic Goddess" (even though that's still technically incorrect, but I know he did that for the playful alliteration).

However, I think he made a mistake. He said that Kerri Kane was brought in to record new lines for Smash, but I'm pretty sure that isn't the case. Rosalina has new and recycled voice clips in Smash from Kerri Kane, same with Mario Golf. But wasn't it confirmed that she simply did one voice acting session for Mario Kart 7, that simply had a bunch of voice clips that went unused in MK7, but they decided to use in Mario Golf and Smash?

In any case, here is the video.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
She sounds way better with a deeper voice than with the echo.

Super Mario 3D world , in comparison to Mario Kart 8 , sounds a lot different when it comes to Rosalina's behavior. Laura had tons of clips in the first game , and most of them have a very calm and sometimes with a bit deeper voice.

In MK8 however , she went all ''Weeeee!'' and such and it literally takes away credit from her since it's noticeably higher pitched and girlier than her 3D World performance.

I honestly , while not bothered by the set they used in Mario Tennis , would have prefered the 3D World voice clips , not only because they fit sooooo well since there are just so many , but also because they are just better.

In the end , if you compare a 3D world voice clip with one of MK8 for Rosalina , you would tell it's the same actress but the attitude and pitch is different. Her ''classy'' behavior is replaced with a girly behavior and i guess she tried to make up for it by saying some lines like she is whispering instead of screaming , like when Rosalina hits a character she would say ''Aha..'' but sounds so whispery , almost unnoticeable.

In this game , all the characters get a Mega Mushroom , but to me , Rosalina is the one that sounds different with it. You can still hear Daisy's pitch when she gets a Mega Mushroom but Rosalina's completely changes.

The echo in that case is irrelevant , at the end , that's not what makes her sound just right since that's just a filter that doesn't even affect the pitch of your voice. Hence why Mercedes Rose is nothing but Praised by her performance as Rosalina , she got a natural and beautiful deep voice for her ; Interestingly enough , Laura can do better if she lowers her voice , but somehow she doesn't do it so often. Echo is never needed when you lower your voice , that'll do the trick.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Laura sounded mostly fine in MK8. If you want to talk class, she literally says "Ta-Ta" when she passes opponents sometimes. She also says that in 3D World when she leaves a multiplayer party. I don't think Laura sounded too girly in MK8, she just sounded more energetic, which is fine because MK8 is a more energetic game, and Rosalina IS a gearhead, so she gets a kick out of racing in fast vehicles.

Mercedes actually had quite a few high pitched or "girly" voice clips in both Galaxy and MKWii.

In fact, the very first voice clip from Rosalina in Galaxy, is probably the highest pitched clip she has ever had (it's this really drawn out "ooooooooooh..." and it, quite frankly, sounds like a sexual moan - I actually think Mercedes Rose had a few voice clips that went into that "unintentionally sexual" territory). She also has a little giggle in Galaxy sometimes that sounds like it's coming from a five year old. Not to mention "Go Luigi!" in the Luigi playthrough. And she had plenty of weee's and wooo's in MKWii.

In actuality, ALL of Rosalina's voice actresses are terribly inconsistent, I could give you both amazing and bad voice clips from all of them. None of them are better than the other (though they all have a slightly different flavour, so it's fine if you have a favourite), as they are all inconsistent. They all sound really off when they do badly (Mercedes sounds like she's having sex or she's a five year old when she performs badly, Kerri Kane sounds like a smoker or an obvious ****** when she performs badly, and Laura sounds far too girly and preppy when she performs badly). But they all nail the character on their better clips, while still giving her a unique flair that helps you tell them apart (Mercedes makes her a bit more beautiful and wise than the other two, Kerri makes her a bit cuter and sweeter than the other two without sounding too girly, and Laura sounds a little tougher and tastefully sexier and sassier than the other two).

I want Laura to be kept for a while though, if only because I think she will develop a more consistent portrayal for her, something Mercedes and Kerri never got to do. Most of the other Mario characters have had the same voice actors for years, which has led to them having a really consistent portrayal that rarely sounds off, if ever. They always sound exactly as you would expect. With Rosalina though, none of her voice actresses have been able to get a handle on her for more than a session or two, meaning none of them have gotten a chance to really perfect their performance (and I know I'll get hate for saying Mercedes is flawed, but seriously, she isn't as great as people make her out to be). There's also the fact Nintendo has been going from Kerri to Laura and back to Kerri and back to Laura lately, which is just really confusing for people. Not to mention that instance of them crediting Kerri Kane in Mario Party 10, when it was Laura who did the voice.

It's because of this that I don't really have a favourite of the three anymore (MAYBE Laura by virtue of the fact she's the most consistent IMO - I only have a problem with her in MP10, and it's not all of her voice clips). I think they all need some work. My favourite performances for the three though, are Galaxy 2 for Mercedes, Smash for Kerri, and 3D World for Laura.

And I'm only posting this since my opinion on the three has changed quite a bit since last time I talked about it. Not looking for an argument, since I know most people here are set in their ways on what they think of the three anyway, and won't change their already existing impressions.

EDIT: So Rosalina once again features on the main menu for a game. She's on the icon for the main Amiibo mode in this game.

Just a random ditty. Always nice to see the bae on the front page of the game menu. :p

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Christopher Niosi did a "Did You Know Voice Acting" video for Smash, and there is mention of Rosalina in it. He gets bonus points for not calling her a princess, and calling her "Galactic Goddess" (even though that's still technically incorrect, but I know he did that for the playful alliteration).

However, I think he made a mistake. He said that Kerri Kane was brought in to record new lines for Smash, but I'm pretty sure that isn't the case. Rosalina has new and recycled voice clips in Smash from Kerri Kane, same with Mario Golf. But wasn't it confirmed that she simply did one voice acting session for Mario Kart 7, that simply had a bunch of voice clips that went unused in MK7, but they decided to use in Mario Golf and Smash?

In any case, here is the video.

I was going to share this video here, but I share it on the Smash4 Social thread instead...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I find it rather sad that Rosalina is a starter again, since I would think that for Mario Tennis, she'd be an unlockable character. Also, Rosalina would've felt even more special if she was the defending champion of a tournament cup, and you actually had to win against her to win the tournament.

In other words, in tournaments, you'd never go up against Rosalina under normal conditions; she'd only appear as a tournament's defending champion, such as the Final Cup or Planet Cup.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't think Rosalina needs to be an unlockable character anymore unless it's for a mainline game like 3D World. She is part of the main cast so she is like a mandatory addition to spin-offs now, everyone knows to expect her.

As for her being a cup champion or something, I'm not sure they even have anything like that in this game. Seems completely focused on multiplayer, online, and Amiibos, unless they have more to show. Which is another problem in and of itself...

...I mean honestly, Amiibo functionality and online are cool and all, but I'd be lying if I said that Rosalina's sexy new outfit and fantastic portrayal wasn't the main reason I want this game at this right now. It seems lacking in content so far, so I wouldn't even give it a passing thought if I didn't love what they did with Rosalina so much.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I find it rather sad that Rosalina is a starter again, since I would think that for Mario Tennis, she'd be an unlockable character. Also, Rosalina would've felt even more special if she was the defending champion of a tournament cup, and you actually had to win against her to win the tournament.

In other words, in tournaments, you'd never go up against Rosalina under normal conditions; she'd only appear as a tournament's defending champion, such as the Final Cup or Planet Cup.
Do you realise that Tournaments a probably absent this time around since the Main menu has been shown already , right?

Then again , Rosalina in Mario Kart Wii had the echo filter and Mega Mushroom also appeared in that game affecting every character voice.

So there's pretty much no excuse for it to be absent. In this game , it's obviously absent since they are copy/pasting Mario Kart 8 voices.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Do you realise that Tournaments a probably absent this time around since the Main menu has been shown already , right?
I'm probably guessing that Classic Tennis is this game's tournament mode, unless I'm mistaken. I don't see an exhibition mode anywhere, so something must be up.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

Then again , Rosalina in Mario Kart Wii had the echo filter and Mega Mushroom also appeared in that game affecting every character voice.

So there's pretty much no excuse for it to be absent. In this game , it's obviously absent since they are copy/pasting Mario Kart 8 voices.
Err, yes but in MKWii, you don't hear the voices of the characters at the same time, and it's like you don't even hear the voices of the characters except the one you're playing. In Ultra Smash, you hear constantly the voices of 2/4 characters on the court, that's why it could have lead to confusion.

I'm probably guessing that Classic Tennis is this game's tournament mode, unless I'm mistaken. I don't see an exhibition mode anywhere, so something must be up.
This is perhaps a submenu we have there, well, I HOPE this is a submenu1. By the way, what is "Knockout challenge"? First, I thought this was exhibition mode because that's where you'd train with your amiibos...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't think Rosalina needs to be an unlockable character anymore unless it's for a mainline game like 3D World. She is part of the main cast so she is like a mandatory addition to spin-offs now, everyone knows to expect her.
Too bad that characters like Bowser Jr. are still treated as unlockables on various occasions. Ironically, Bowser Jr. is a starter in Mario Power Tennis and Mario Tennis Open.

In a similar dilemma, Wario was treated as an unlockable character in Mario Kart 7, despite typically being a starting character in the Mario Kart series, and while Wario was a starter in Brawl, he ended up getting the unlockable treatment in Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U for no good reason.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Classic Tennis is just Tennis without the Mega Mushrooms. You even have an option to turn off Chance Shots, making the game just like Mario Tennis on the N64. It isn't a cup mode or anything. It's basically just this game's equivalent to Standard Smash mode in Smash Bros.

Err, yes but in MKWii, you don't hear the voices of the characters at the same time, and it's like you don't even hear the voices of the characters except the one you're playing. In Ultra Smash, you hear constantly the voices of 2/4 characters on the court, that's why it could have lead to confusion.

This is perhaps a submenu we have there, well, I HOPE this is a submenu1. By the way, what is "Knockout challenge"? First, I thought this was exhibition mode because that's where you'd train with your amiibos...
Knockout Challenge is basically a ladder mode. Dunno if it's endless or not though. In fact, it might be the main singleplayer mode, just you can bring an Amiibo if you want.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Without a tournament mode though, there will have to be a different way to unlock the unlockable characters. I know that Mario Tennis Open's unlockables involved clearing the minigames at their highest difficulty.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
???

Then i have to assume you are deaf then?

That has nothing to do with what i said though, If you play as Rosalina and get a Mega mushroom you can clearly still hear her echo and her voice is just a tad deeper and doesn't mess up.

No excuse other than these are clearly reused voices for Mario Kart 8 , a game where Rosalina loses her echo filter.

Too bad that characters like Bowser Jr. are still treated as unlockables on various occasions. Ironically, Bowser Jr. is a starter in Mario Power Tennis and Mario Tennis Open.

In a similar dilemma, Wario was treated as an unlockable character in Mario Kart 7, despite typically being a starting character in the Mario Kart series, and while Wario was a starter in Brawl, he ended up getting the unlockable treatment in Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U for no good reason.
Don't see how that's bad at all.

Bowser Jr. is still a Unlockable in Mario Golf ToadsTool tour.

Is irrelevant if that status changes as long as he is playable

As for Wario , i think people need to remember the constant references to the first 2 Mario Kart Games in MK7.

Like the starting Roster being taken from Super Mario Kart with DK replacing DK jr and Koopa taking back the place that Wario stole to him in 64.

Then Wario is unlockeable . And so is Daisy who is always a starter.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Well, here are my two cents I guess:
Rosalina's voices: I don't really have any strong opinions on the three as I don't have much of a preference for any specific voice actress. They get the job done, sometimes they have their better moments, and I just enjoy Rosalina's voice in general. Like sonicbrawler said, because her VAs keep changing, they don't have as good of an opportunity to improve on their performances like for the other characters.

Mario Tennis: I like having her as a starter. Her addition was pretty much to be expected, and I believe she's the only newcomer that you get from the start in this game. Nintendo does indeed have odd ways of making characters unlockable like with Wario for instance. I hope the game turns out to be excellent and has more features to drag us in. Hoping to pick the game up when I can afford it. Loving the way they've done Rosalina in this game so far with her unique abilities (and that tennis outfit tho), I'm hoping there's more in store to incentivise me to get the game at least by January.

Also I played some more Mario Kart 8, and guess who the VERY LAST character I unlocked was?

Aaaaaaw yeah, saving the best for last!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina's voices: I don't really have any strong opinions on the three as I don't have much of a preference for any specific voice actress. They get the job done, sometimes they have their better moments, and I just enjoy Rosalina's voice in general. Like sonicbrawler said, because her VAs keep changing, they don't have as good of an opportunity to improve on their performances like for the other characters.

Mario Tennis: I like having her as a starter. Her addition was pretty much to be expected, and I believe she's the only newcomer that you get from the start in this game. Nintendo does indeed have odd ways of making characters unlockable like with Wario for instance. I hope the game turns out to be excellent and has more features to drag us in. Hoping to pick the game up when I can afford it. Loving the way they've done Rosalina in this game so far with her unique abilities (and that tennis outfit tho), I'm hoping there's more in store to incentivise me to get the game at least by January.

Also I played some more Mario Kart 8, and guess who the VERY LAST character I unlocked was?

I think Rosalina was the last or second last character I unlocked in MK8 too, while Baby Rosalina was one of the first.

Crazy, right?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yikes, sorry for putting up unrelated post, but my laptop had just detected a harm file, which was from the discord program file...

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Rosalina's 3D World's voice sounded the best imo, tied with MKW's.
Yeah , even more because she had so many clips , like her actions were totally developed with each clip.

It's so funny though , that the first voice actress is always honored as the best when she , basically , portrayed Rosalina briefly and didn't get to talk that much , unlike Laura Faye Smith does.

But one think i understood , is that Mercedes was the only one that could totally pull an exciting voice without sounding annoying or irritating or out of character. Basically the only one that didn't just ''got the work done'' or was just ''decent'' , she was spot on.

Is it so hard to say ''Yahooo'' correctly? Apparently.

Perfection

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0P17mvxVz5g

Failure (rip my ears)

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1aXOXQ7Bi4C

The only one who made Rosalina ''cool'' , in it's prime and definition of what ''cool'' means , was Mercedes Rose to be honest.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47

I'm not sure who I got last on Mario Kart 8, but I did manage to unlock Rosalina, super early along with Metal Mario. Two Rosalina voice actresses that I like the most are Laura and Kerri. They're both very good; 1st place goes to Kerri while Laura is close in my book.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Yeah , even more because she had so many clips , like her actions were totally developed with each clip.

It's so funny though , that the first voice actress is always honored as the best when she , basically , portrayed Rosalina briefly and didn't get to talk that much , unlike Laura Faye Smith does.

But one think i understood , is that Mercedes was the only one that could totally pull an exciting voice without sounding annoying or irritating or out of character. Basically the only one that didn't just ''got the work done'' or was just ''decent'' , she was spot on.

Is it so hard to say ''Yahooo'' correctly? Apparently.

Perfection

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0P17mvxVz5g

Failure (rip my ears)

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1aXOXQ7Bi4C

The only one who made Rosalina ''cool'' , in it's prime and definition of what ''cool'' means , was Mercedes Rose to be honest.
I love her "Yaaaay/Yeeeee" Long Jump clip from SM3DW.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Looks like Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash has become even less appealing with the following information...

- No Tournament mode
- No Ring Shot mode
- No options menu (WTF?)
- No gimmick courts or unlockable courts
- The renders on the character select screen are final
- Not only does the game not have an opening CGI cutscene, but it doesn't have an opening period; it just abruptly starts

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Looks like Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash has become even less appealing with the following information...
Where is that info coming from? And if it's from a good source, has it been absolutely confirmed that the build being played is the release build?

Just curious. Wanna make sure I don't be stupid and buy a mediocre game at full price just because Rosalina looks perfect in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom