• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
@#HBC | Bunzy Congratulations on your victory in the Nintendo National tournament and for making all us Rosalina & Luma mains proud. :D <3

Those were some great matches, have a lot to learn from them.

Laniv

Smash Champion
So, Rosalina just won that National Open Tournament.

So what I'm getting from this and talk about her is that she has little to no weaknesses.

When I Smash for Wii U I know who I'm maining. Even I find the hideously broken characters really boring to play.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
shoutouts to Dabuz for not even ever getting down to his last stock

and shoutouts to Xaltis for being the closest to actually beating him LOL

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh yeah, forgot to mention this, and it's unrelated to Smash, but:

I was talking about Rosalina with a friend earlier today, and we ended up discussing her origins in Galaxy.

And my friend, having passively studied astronomy, brought up a scientific fact that gave me a shocking realisation about Rosalina's character, and Galaxy's story as a whole, and we talked about it for a bit, and let's just say that if we were on Game Theory, you'd have an amazing episode coming your way.

Instead, I'll just post about it tomorrow, though, since I am not on Game Theory...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

So much salt coming from people who don't like Rosalina though.
I feel like that comment warrants the following drawing to be used again...

I never saw the tournament, but if Peach and Zelda were involved, they'd sure have to be very jealous right now. As for Rosalina, she stays humble.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
How exactly did we take away "THEIR FREEDOM"?
Rosalina faced off against American Mario in the grand finals. Also, Dabuz got an American smash robe.

In other news, I seem to be off my game today. I'm making mistakes I don't usually make.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Taken from Reddit, but I'd like to propose the "Conga Line" or the "Conga Combo" or something similar as a name for this. Because I think it sounds amusing.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Oh yeah, forgot to mention this, and it's unrelated to Smash, but:

I was talking about Rosalina with a friend earlier today, and we ended up discussing her origins in Galaxy.

And my friend, having passively studied astronomy, brought up a scientific fact that gave me a shocking realisation about Rosalina's character, and Galaxy's story as a whole, and we talked about it for a bit, and let's just say that if we were on Game Theory, you'd have an amazing episode coming your way.

Instead, I'll just post about it tomorrow, though, since I am not on Game Theory...
Can wait to see it. Matt from Game Theory should see it.

So much salt coming from people who don't like Rosalina though.
What a pervert......
So, Rosalina just won that National Open Tournament.

So what I'm getting from this and talk about her is that she has little to no weaknesses.

When I Smash for Wii U I know who I'm maining. Even I find the hideously broken characters really boring to play.
I was quite surprised to see three Rosalina in the bracklet. Bill also used Rosalina to fight Shiek.
Bowser dominated the 3DS tournament in SDCC, now it's Rosalina.
Seeing Yoshi VS Rosalina match 1 gives you an acknowledge of her weakness to high pace characters. Match 2's Rosalina however did a very very good job!
Did you guys saw @Xaltis always have a Luma doll on her side? How neat!

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
A "male" Luma calming down a "female" Luma. It's so adorable...

@#HBC | Bunzy Congratulations on your victory in the Nintendo National tournament and for making all us Rosalina & Luma mains proud. :D <3

Those were some great matches, have a lot to learn from them.
SOMEONE LINK ME TO THE VIDEO!!! I NEED TO SEE THIS!!!
:rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina and Bowser's Magnificent Date (also Rosalina is Bowser's dentist):

Also, I discovered something....odd, about the cosmos beneath her gown:

Might be a glitchy texture or something...

Kirby and Luma's Day Out:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's a shame that you can't really stage any screenshots all that well while playing Smash 3DS alone. At least Smash Wii U will likely resolve that matter for us.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah, screenshots are one of my favourite things about Smash, and a lot of recent Nintendo games. Can't wait for HD screenshots, I will be obsessively taking Rosalina screenshots in Smash Wii U.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298

I know what this is. It's not a glitch with the texture, but it's rather an animation thing. When the dress gets to close in on itself, the outside can appear on the inside. I've encountered this when I looked at 3D animations from games that use certain animation techniques. This stuff happens all the time in Mario Party with Peach's dress.

This won't happen in the Wii U version since it'll be animated differently. Plus, Rosalina's hair and dress will have physics too (just like the other female characters).

By the way, so I assume we've seen this?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I thought about it being her gown caving in but I don't think that happens in that particular animation. The cosmic effect might be screwing the perception of it though.

Anyway, this IS MY NEW HEADCANON:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I thought about it being her gown caving in but I don't think that happens in that particular animation. The cosmic effect might be screwing the perception of it though.
But it is the dress caving in on itself. You can see it in detail for yourself by recreating the instance and looking closer. Here you can see the line at where the dress starts caving in on itself (it's inside the very thin blue outline, very difficult to see, so do it in-game to see it better).

You can even see it happening in slow motion. Just do b-air into the ground, pause at the same angle in the last picture above, then quit so you'll see it in slow motion. If you'd like, I can take a better picture so you can see it clearer.

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
But it is the dress caving in on itself. You can see it in detail for yourself by recreating the instance and looking closer. Here you can see the line at where the dress starts caving in on itself (it's inside the very thin blue outline, very difficult to see, so do it in-game to see it better).

You can even see it happening in slow motion. Just do b-air into the ground, pause at the same angle in the last picture above, then quit so you'll see it in slow motion. If you'd like, I can take a better picture so you can see it clearer.
What are you doing, Luma!? That's your mother!! :T

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Now this is an awkward scene.
Rosalina and Bowser's Magnificent Date (also Rosalina is Bowser's dentist):

Kirby and Luma's Day Out:

Hm..............never seen that before.
A "male" Luma calming down a "female" Luma. It's so adorable...

SOMEONE LINK ME TO THE VIDEO!!! I NEED TO SEE THIS!!!
:rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina:
Rosalina rocks in the tournament!!!!!!!!!!!

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Rosalina loves to slide!
"Hmm..."

"Wee!"

"Yeaaah!"

"Woooo!!"

"With this bunny hood, we'll go even faster!! Yaahoo!!"

"I think that's enough sliding for today. Let's do this again some other time Luma!"

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina loves to slide!
"Hmm..."

"Wee!"

"Yeaaah!"

"Woooo!!"

"With this bunny hood, we'll go even faster!! Yaahoo!!"

"I think that's enough sliding for today. Let's do this again some other time Luma!"
Hm... did you got these picture right out from your 3DS? Getting these pictures from the game to the web takes a lot of time.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Anyway, this IS MY NEW HEADCANON:

Rosalina: Relax, I'm here for you.

Hm... did you got these picture right out from your 3DS? Getting these pictures from the game to the web takes a lot of time.
Since you can't use Miiverse to show your screenshots (unless you own the New Nintendo 3DS), that's pretty much the only option that you have.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Ok, been playing some more for glory. Switched out Jigglypuff with Bowser Jr as my other main...I have to say, Bowser Jr, is the perfect other main for me. All the problems I can't get past with Rosalina, Bowser Jr seems to get past with ease. I have trouble fighting Zero Suit with Rosalina? Switch to Bowser Jr and destroy ZSS. Having problems with Ness using Bowser Jr, switch to Rosalina and pretty much disable Ness.

It's a nice balance for me. It's probably not fool proof, but it helps out a lot. I especially love having my two favorite Mario characters as my mains now. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom