• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
The Rosalina 3DS theme has the generic Super Mario Bros. Overworld theme. I don't know about you, but that's a dealbreaker for me. That theme is overused and has gotten old. Doesn't fit Rosalina at all, and it isn't even a good remix. :/
Where did you hear about this?

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The Rosalina 3DS theme has the generic Super Mario Bros. Overworld theme. I don't know about you, but that's a dealbreaker for me. That theme is overused and has gotten old. Doesn't fit Rosalina at all, and it isn't even a good remix. :/
You mean the victory theme? I think it is a bit unfair only some characters have different victory theme, more characters deserve to have one. I think her theme is not bad, and I actually had a thought that Rosalina might have a different victory theme compare to other Mario characters, imagine it will be bold for Rosalina to have a original Super Mario Bros theme.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
You mean the victory theme? I think it is a bit unfair only some characters have different victory theme, more characters deserve to have one. I think her theme is not bad, and I actually had a thought that Rosalina might have a different victory theme compare to other Mario characters, imagine it will be bold for Rosalina to have a original Super Mario Bros theme.
No, he mean the 3ds home menu song. All the themes have unique home menu song, and apparntly Rosalina's is the Mario bro Overworld theme.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
No, he mean the 3ds home menu song. All the themes have unique home menu song, and apparntly Rosalina's is the Mario bro Overworld theme.
Never heard it yet. I think you can say the 3DS theme for Rosalina is not completely her own theme. It still has some Super Mario Bros element in it. I hope they have her very own Super Mario Galaxy style 3DS theme.
I will want a Smash Bros theme too.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In terms of music for Rosalina in the Wii U game, I'd love a medley of the Storybook themes, with "Family" also being thrown in there. Bonus points if they make an ethereal, divine, choral arrangement.

Some people may see it as unfitting, but we had Midna's Lament in Brawl...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So, I'm sure you've all heard the rumor of Rosalina being an AT in Brawl. What do you think she could have done?

Yes, but I don't feel like linking it ATM. :troll:
The rumour was that she was an AT in Brawl, but was replaced by Gardevoir, who was an AT in demo builds, but came from a Pokéball in the final game.

And I can see it, since the two have a similar shape, and putting up barriers of light is an ability of Rosalina's.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
The rumour was that she was an AT in Brawl, but was replaced by Gardevoir, who was an AT in demo builds, but came from a Pokéball in the final game.

And I can see it, since the two have a similar shape, and putting up barriers of light is an ability of Rosalina's.
I can see it now...

...Gardevoir was never one of my favorites. No one was dumb enough to shoot a projectile at it.

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
So I played soccer with a Lucina earlier tonight. Got her stuck in-between me and Luma, had a weak f-smash put her in hitstun, and then me and Luma tilted her back and forth. It was pretty beautiful, racked up 34% damage altogether (and I probably could've kept it going longer if I knew what I was doing).

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Just did Classic Mode 9.0 with Rosie. Finished at 4.0, and made up a decent story along the way. Now she and I are gonna relax in Mario Kart 8 online now that the Master Core is destroyed and all the universes are at peace once again. :p

Last edited:

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
Just. Looking through this thread makes me so happy. Rosalina mains: coolest mains to chat with.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did do a couple 3 stock, 1-on-1 matches against some level 7 CPUs with one of my custom Rosalinas. The level 7s included Ganondorf, Bowser Jr., Lucina, Little Mac, Captain Falcon, Villager, Mega Man, and Sonic.

All matches were on the Omega Form stages, and it seemed that I had the most issues with Mega Man, followed by Little Mac. Everyone else, however, I've been able to handle without too much difficulty.

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
I did do a couple 3 stock, 1-on-1 matches against some level 7 CPUs with one of my custom Rosalinas. The level 7s included Ganondorf, Bowser Jr., Lucina, Little Mac, Captain Falcon, Villager, Mega Man, and Sonic.

All matches were on the Omega Form stages, and it seemed that I had the most issues with Mega Man, followed by Little Mac. Everyone else, however, I've been able to handle without too much difficulty.
Oh? Mega man players don't give me much trouble at all.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Human players are one thing, but based on what I dealt with, a level 7 Mega Man is one tricky fellow. I was fortunate that my customized Rosalina got a clean sweep on him; I never got KO'd even once in all of the matches.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Human players are one thing, but based on what I dealt with, a level 7 Mega Man is one tricky fellow. I was fortunate that my customized Rosalina got a clean sweep on him; I never got KO'd even once in all of the matches.
Yeah, CPUs can be brutal in this game. Take Mario for example. A normal person wouldn't use the cape so often, but the CPU Mario knows EXACTLY when to use the cape. This cause some pretty bad situations, and that isn't even including how the CPU is generally amazing at punishing.

This is all Lvl 7-8 btw.

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
Yeah, CPUs can be brutal in this game. Take Mario for example. A normal person wouldn't use the cape so often, but the CPU Mario knows EXACTLY when to use the cape. This cause some pretty bad situations, and that isn't even including how the CPU is generally amazing at punishing.

This is all Lvl 7-8 btw.
CPUs can either be hardcore hard or hardcore stupid.

a friend had a lvl 9 cpu jiggly kill herself twice with roll out :/

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The most amusing level 7 that I fought was Bowser Jr.. I easily countered most of his cannonballs and Mecha-Koopas with Gravitational Pull, and I used the Shooting Star Bit to build up his damage. Of course, I did take some hits, but for the most part, I 3-stocked him multiple times without too much trouble.

Similarly, level 7 Villager wasn't too tough for my Rosalina custom either.

As for level 7 Lucina, I just played a defensive game, and took advantage of any mistakes that Lucina makes. Oddly, not too much Counter issues, which was a problem that I had when I tried to unlock her with Kirby.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Tricky characters for Rosalina are Sonic, Little Mac on ground, Shiek, Greninja,and Robin. Mostly fast characters

This is all Lvl 7-8 btw.
Lvl 7-8 Marios are nearly no match to me.
I am always fine battling with Lvl 8 cpus.
The most amusing level 7 that I fought was Bowser Jr.. I easily countered most of his cannonballs and Mecha-Koopas with Gravitational Pull, and I used the Shooting Star Bit to build up his damage. Of course, I did take some hits, but for the most part, I 3-stocked him multiple times without too much trouble.

Similarly, level 7 Villager wasn't too tough for my Rosalina custom either.

As for level 7 Lucina, I just played a defensive game, and took advantage of any mistakes that Lucina makes. Oddly, not too much Counter issues, which was a problem that I had when I tried to unlock her with Kirby.
I remember one time facing Lvl 9 Bower Jr in Sudden Death, I just use Luma Shot and he's gone

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Tricky characters for Rosalina are Sonic, Little Mac on ground, Shiek, Greninja,and Robin. Mostly fast characters

Lvl 7-8 Marios are nearly no match to me.
I am always fine battling with Lvl 8 cpus.

I remember one time facing Lvl 9 Bower Jr in Sudden Death, I just use Luma Shot and he's gone
Can you please explain to me why fast characters are an issue for Rosalina? Because I wholeheartedly disagree. She doesn't have specific trouble against them, from my experience.

Also Robin is terrible against Rosalina, as she can use all of his best projectiles against him with ease.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Can you please explain to me why fast characters are an issue for Rosalina? Because I wholeheartedly disagree. She doesn't have specific trouble against them, from my experience.

Also Robin is terrible against Rosalina, as she can use all of his best projectiles against him with ease.
I say fast characters do have advantage against Rosalina but course it depends on your strategy, Sonic can just keep dashing and keep stunning Rosalina, Robin has a lot of annoying projectiles, facing a cpu is not a problem but facing a Robin pro like my brother was a tough match.
You will agreed that Shiek is good against Rosalina right? Shiek is just super tough, especially a pro.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sonic isn't a problem for Rosalina, as he lacks range. Once you get used to how fast Sonic is, you can time your attacks to counter him with ease, as Rosalina's attacks outclass his by far when it comes to range, making them pretty safe to use against him. Also, Luma Shot will go right through his spinning.

Robin is terrible against Rosalina as his projectiles are incredibly easy for Rosalina to exploit, and outside of that, Robin is very, very slow and lacks much range on his melee attacks. Not to mention that his tomes and Levin Sword are limited, and Rosalina can make him waste his resources by using Luma as bait.

Sheik VS Rosalina is an even match up, neither of them are better against the other, it just depends on the skill level of players. I just ran into an evenly matched Sheik, and I won two of the three matches.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Sonic isn't a problem for Rosalina, as he lacks range. Once you get used to how fast Sonic is, you can time your attacks to counter him with ease, as Rosalina's attacks outclass his by far when it comes to range, making them pretty safe to use against him. Also, Luma Shot will go right through his spinning.

Robin is terrible against Rosalina as his projectiles are incredibly easy for Rosalina to exploit, and outside of that, Robin is very, very slow and lacks much range on his melee attacks. Not to mention that his tomes and Levin Sword are limited, and Rosalina can make him waste his resources by using Luma as bait.

Sheik VS Rosalina is an even match up, neither of them are better against the other, it just depends on the skill level of players. I just ran into an evenly matched Sheik, and I won two of the three matches.
I haven't met a powerful Sonic yet so I am not sure, I am a Sonic main and you too. Sonic has a good combo potential, but unfortunately I have trouble punishing opponents. And tips?
Well, guess that you are really getting the hang of Rosalina. I have to admit Rosalina can have a good advantage against Robins projectiles, but I just can punish my brother's Robin. He keeps dodging and dodging, I don't if is he is good at dodging or he is just trying to be a coward. I think I need to train with Rosalina more. Thanks for giving me some tips!

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I was JUST going to post this.
Are we sure that this is an actual infinite, or did the Sheik just decide to not do anything?
Hit boxes are quite small in Sm4sh, I believe Shiek can do something when it got jabbed.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
>watches that video

I now love this character even more.

I had a feeling Jab was her best move (aside from the obvious Luma Shot and it's variants), but this just cements it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've been trying it, and it's difficult to K.O with. Might be character dependent, or just that I'm tired and my timing is not consistent (I AM pretty tired...).

However, you can rack up a lot of damage with it, upwards of 30% is easy. I did this against Level 9 CPUs, who do instantly react to things.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I had less trouble against level 7 Sonic than with level 7 Little Mac. Sonic isn't exactly a heavy-hitting threat after all.

In fact, Rosalina truly does feel like a fighter who prefers to fight defensively, waiting for her adversary to come to her, and taking advantage of any mistakes that the adversary makes. That's basically what I did while facing some of the level 7 CPUs today.

That's what I like about the Luma Shot. It travels far, can potentially make KOs, and the Luma recovers quickly enough that it'll return to Rosalina upon being called back. Luma Warp isn't all that reliable, while Power Luma Shot is just too slow, and leaves Rosalina incapable of using the Luma until its attack ends.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I had less trouble against level 7 Sonic than with level 7 Little Mac. Sonic isn't exactly a heavy-hitting threat after all.

In fact, Rosalina truly does feel like a fighter who prefers to fight defensively, waiting for her adversary to come to her, and taking advantage of any mistakes that the adversary makes. That's basically what I did while facing some of the level 7 CPUs today.

That's what I like about the Luma Shot. It travels far, can potentially make KOs, and the Luma recovers quickly enough that it'll return to Rosalina upon being called back. Luma Warp isn't all that reliable, while Power Luma Shot is just too slow, and leaves Rosalina incapable of using the Luma until its attack ends.
(Watching the National tournament.)
Bill used Rosalina's Luma shot to ko Shiek, just like I did, he got better with Rosalina now than E3 2014 and SDCC.
Rosalina VS Yoshi 1
This is a example that Rosalina has a hard time against fast pro fighters.
Rosalina VS Zelda
awesome Rosalina combo
Rosalina VS Yoshi 2
That Rosalina user was incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom