• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So here's that Rosalina discovery I forgot to post about:

Just to give the short of it - Rosalina is pretty much objectively the strongest Nintendo character and one of the strongest characters I know in general (if not the most powerful). Why? Because I discovered that in Super Mario Galaxy, Rosalina controls and is responsible for the real life scientific process of "conservation of mass" (or something similar, like a fictional variation of it), on a universal scale.

I knew Galaxy's ending was connected to SOMETHING real, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

The process/theory of conservation of mass is, in short, the fact that matter (as in, atoms, the particles that make up pretty much everything in the universe), is never created or destroyed. Instead, it is rearranged to form new things, even if the previous objects these atoms formed are destroyed. When objects are destroyed (this includes the death of living things), the atoms simply scatter, and at some point, will form something new. All of us are likely made up of atoms that are millions of years old. This should not be confused with "reincarnation", which is a spiritual belief. Conservation of mass is a scientific process, and has been proven to happen naturally. Humans already have control over the process, but only on a smaller scale (it's used in chemistry, for example, for mixing the atoms of different chemicals to create new materials).

So what has this got to do with Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy's ending?

Take the following dialogue from Rosalina to Mario while the universe was being reborn:

"Do you hear the baby stars? These newborns will grow up to become galaxies someday.
When stars die, they turn to stardust and scatter across the cosmos.
Eventually, that stardust reforms to create a new star... And so the cycle of life continues.

But the cycle never repeats itself in quite the same way..."

...Doesn't that sound AWFULLY familiar?

Maybe a "TEENY" bit like conservation of mass?

But hey - it's like her detractors might say - "it was only to do with the Lumas. This had nothing to do with anyone or anything else".

...Right?

Actually, no. While Rosalina does describe it in the context of Lumas in that instance, she later (right before Mario shouts out "Welcome! Welcome, New Galaxy!") goes on to say:

"Yes....All new life carries the essence of stars...even all of you...."

So everything in the universe "carries the essence of stars". And "the essence of stars", is stardust. And from Rosalina's description of what stardust is and how it functions, it's essentially atoms (I reckon they just use the term "stardust" so as to keep a sense of fantastical charm to the whole idea, as opposed to confusing younger audiences by using actual scientific terms).

As for how Rosalina is in control of all of this, well, think - why isn't she any different between the original universe in Galaxy 1, and the new one? Why isn't everything that's specifically associated with her any different (her original home, the Observatory, Mario's gang whom she now values as dear friends, etc)?

The only explanation is that she has control over all of it. Heck, Rosalina and Mario are clearly shown to be perfectly in tact during the process. And of course, Rosalina understands the whole thing really well, and seems to be speaking from experience rather than citing a legend, or a theory (it explains her age being beyond comprehension).

Plus it ties in well with her motherly role for the Lumas - she raises them specifically so they can be reborn as whatever they most want to be (which is basically how any good mother should be). She raises them, allows them to die, and allows them to be reborn as whatever it is they wish.

When Lumas transform, they are also doing their own version of conservation of mass, but you'll notice when Lumas form a new galaxy, they are always very spontaneous and not inhabitable by the average creature. They have no real structure and are just a big mess.

Rosalina, however, has very deliberate control. She keeps some things totally the same in her universal redistribution of atoms, and also forms new things from the old atoms.

This is an awesome detail the developers put in, and gives a realistic, yet fantastical explanation as to what exactly Rosalina does.
WOW, the way you see Super Mario Galaxy makes my head spinning!
Seeing your explanation of Rosalina's role. I don't know what to say, I can't say it is wrong.....it is just feels so complicated. I feels like you mix the reality of cosmic theories into Rosalina's quotes and the reason of her taking care of the Lumas.
Nintendo will be surprised to see this. I don't think that they had even thinked that far. The developers would be amusing to see your stories.
At whole, this is still just a scintific and realistic way of you seeing Rosalina. I don't say this is a bad thing. Give yourself a time imagining her past without these science stuff. It always makes you feel relaxed. And Rosalina is always the female character that we all wanted to know about.

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
WOW, the way you see Super Mario Galaxy makes my head spinning!
Seeing your explanation of Rosalina's role. I don't know what to say, I can't say it is wrong.....it is just feels so complicated. I feels like you mix the reality of cosmic theories into Rosalina's quotes and the reason of her taking care of the Lumas.
Nintendo will be surprised to see this. I don't think that they had even thinked that far. The developers would be amusing to see your stories.
At whole, this is still just a scintific and realistic way of you seeing Rosalina. I don't say this is a bad thing. Give yourself a time imagining her past without these science stuff. It always makes you feel relaxed. And Rosalina is always the female character that we all wanted to know about.
but that's the thing.....mario galaxy IS way more complicated than mario games are used to. I think he has hit the nail right on the head with this. Scientific theory fits with her character very well.

Simplistic ways of examining her won't hold very logical headcanons, in my opinion. Rosalina must be approached with utmost care as there are many things about her that aren't as simplistic as many mario universe characters are.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In essence, I didn't do any complicated theorising here - a friend brought up the theory of conservation of mass, while we happened to be talking about Rosalina. I asked him to explain it a bit (it was familiar as a concept to me, but my memory was fuzzy on it), and right away, I noticed the scarily concrete parallel between it, Rosalina's words, and Rosalina's actions.

Another cool element to this is that it raises a great question with real life parallels - if Rosalina creates everything numerous times, what created her and her family, and everything that was around them?

This is much like the question many people ask about real life gods in religion - if God created us, what created God?

Which helps drive home how Rosalina's power is indeed, god-like.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
but that's the thing.....mario galaxy IS way more complicated than mario games are used to. I think he has hit the nail right on the head with this. Scientific theory fits with her character very well.

Simplistic ways of examining her won't hold very logical headcanons, in my opinion. Rosalina must be approached with utmost care as there are many things about her that aren't as simplistic as many mario universe characters are.
Perhaps we will know soon. You are right, Rosalina is not just complicated to know about, she is still a character that we still haven't yet to discover, it feels so elegant of her in this way.

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
In essence, I didn't do any complicated theorising here - a friend brought up the theory of conservation of mass, while we happened to be talking about Rosalina. I asked him to explain it a bit (it was familiar as a concept to me, but my memory was fuzzy on it), and right away, I noticed the scarily concrete parallel between it, Rosalina's words, and Rosalina's actions.

Another cool element to this is that it raises a great question with real life parallels - if Rosalina creates everything numerous times, what created her and her family, and everything that was around them?

This is much like the question many people ask about real life gods in religion - if God created us, what created God?

In a way....she seems kind of like jesus. She was placed inside the virgin Peach and was banished into the cosmos for our sins.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Your friend must be a genius.
Yes, her actions, her words, always gives us a profound reference to our lives.
Rosalina is like a god indeed. Just how did she got her powers? What kind of tragedy did she been through that even Nintendo doesn't want us to know? So many unexplianations about her still exists even to this day. Which is just like our life, we never know what will happen in our future, left it for us to explore.
I'm not a Christian though, but in Chinese religion, a well know ancient teacher Confucious once said: " How should you know death, if you don't even know where life came from?"

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So here's that Rosalina discovery I forgot to post about:

Just to give the short of it - Rosalina is pretty much objectively the strongest Nintendo character and one of the strongest characters I know in general (if not the most powerful). Why? Because I discovered that in Super Mario Galaxy, Rosalina controls and is responsible for the real life scientific process of "conservation of mass" (or something similar, like a fictional variation of it), on a universal scale.

I knew Galaxy's ending was connected to SOMETHING real, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

The process/theory of conservation of mass is, in short, the fact that matter (as in, atoms, the particles that make up pretty much everything in the universe), is never created or destroyed. Instead, it is rearranged to form new things, even if the previous objects these atoms formed are destroyed. When objects are destroyed (this includes the death of living things), the atoms simply scatter, and at some point, will form something new. All of us are likely made up of atoms that are millions of years old. This should not be confused with "reincarnation", which is a spiritual belief. Conservation of mass is a scientific process, and has been proven to happen naturally. Humans already have control over the process, but only on a smaller scale (it's used in chemistry, for example, for mixing the atoms of different chemicals to create new materials).

So what has this got to do with Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy's ending?

Take the following dialogue from Rosalina to Mario while the universe was being reborn:

"Do you hear the baby stars? These newborns will grow up to become galaxies someday.
When stars die, they turn to stardust and scatter across the cosmos.
Eventually, that stardust reforms to create a new star... And so the cycle of life continues.

But the cycle never repeats itself in quite the same way..."

...Doesn't that sound AWFULLY familiar?

Maybe a "TEENY" bit like conservation of mass?

But hey - it's like her detractors might say - "it was only to do with the Lumas. This had nothing to do with anyone or anything else".

...Right?

Actually, no. While Rosalina does describe it in the context of Lumas in that instance, she later (right before Mario shouts out "Welcome! Welcome, New Galaxy!") goes on to say:

"Yes....All new life carries the essence of stars...even all of you...."

So everything in the universe "carries the essence of stars". And "the essence of stars", is stardust. And from Rosalina's description of what stardust is and how it functions, it's essentially atoms (I reckon they just use the term "stardust" so as to keep a sense of fantastical charm to the whole idea, as opposed to confusing younger audiences by using actual scientific terms).

As for how Rosalina is in control of all of this, well, think - why isn't she any different between the original universe in Galaxy 1, and the new one? Why isn't everything that's specifically associated with her any different (her original home, the Observatory, Mario's gang whom she now values as dear friends, etc)?

The only explanation is that she has control over all of it. Heck, Rosalina and Mario are clearly shown to be perfectly in tact during the process. And of course, Rosalina understands the whole thing really well, and seems to be speaking from experience rather than citing a legend, or a theory (it explains her age being beyond comprehension).

Plus it ties in well with her motherly role for the Lumas - she raises them specifically so they can be reborn as whatever they most want to be (which is basically how any good mother should be). She raises them, allows them to die, and allows them to be reborn as whatever it is they wish.

When Lumas transform, they are also doing their own version of conservation of mass, but you'll notice when Lumas form a new galaxy, they are always very spontaneous and not inhabitable by the average creature. They have no real structure and are just a big mess, usually representing a central idea (e.g. Sweet Sweet Galaxy representing the Lumas' child-like sweet tooth, which has always been apparent, since they eat Star Bits, which are supposed to be very sweet).

Rosalina, however, has very deliberate control. She keeps some things totally the same in her universal redistribution of atoms, and also forms new things from the old atoms.

This is an awesome detail the developers put in, and gives a realistic, yet fantastical explanation as to what exactly Rosalina does.

It's even referenced in Smash Bros, in how when you lose Luma, a new one is born seconds later. And in her trailer for Smash, they set up an animation of her creating a Luma in-game, using her down taunt.

I just thought this was really cool and wanted to share it here, since it is relevant. People like scientific connections for the things characters do, as it helps us relate to and understand their power. And I've finally figured it out in Rosalina's case.
Either that, Or Rosalina is an ordinary human who happpens to be Peachs daughter:troll:

In all seriousness, its a good theory, but the thing with Rosalina is that we don't really know her full power.

And she wasn't the one who reset the universe (Or at least wasn't the one who started the process), After the star Power that was fuelling the star was taken, it collapsed on it self and created an actual black hole.

The Lumas then jumped into to black hole in order to stop it, that much is actual fact. What we don't know is what happened from there.

Rosalina could have been the one who then shaped the universe, we just know she wasn't affected by it. I think its more likely she simply watched over the universe recreate itself naturally, only interfering in case something goes wrong.

Thats the beauty of Rosalina, we don't know her full power, it lets us speculate on just her true power.

I don't she can reset the universe willy nilly, but I do think she has the power to shape the cosmos, create mini black holes, maybe create the giant ones and then have the Lumas jump in and then cause another big bang.

But it was the Lumas who started the process, otherwise they wouldn't have jumped in.

Also, Rosalina's home in gateway Galaxy is a bit different, it has the starshroom shaped plantation where a new luma is born.

Just my input

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
And she wasn't the one who reset the universe (Or at least wasn't the one who started the process), After the star Power that was fuelling the star was taken, it collapsed on it self and created an actual black hole.

The Lumas then jumped into to black hole in order to stop it, that much is actual fact. What we don't know is what happened from there.
This isn't true, this is a misled assumption that has been circulated on sites like Mario Wiki (who are infamous for this), much like the "Rosalina and her Observatory were actually under Bowser's captivity in Galaxy 2" nonsense.

At no point, does anyone, including Rosalina and the Lumas, mention that the Lumas jumped in to stop the black hole.

It's simply them "jumping ship" (i.e. they were prepared to die, as they felt it was inevitable), but their essence was probably used as part of Rosalina's process. However, Lumas were not the only thing recycled, as everything else was sucked into the black hole too.

The Lumas were simply getting on with the inevitable, but they have no conscious part in what's going on. They are never shown to.

This is why Young Master Luma simply waves goodbye to Mario, because it was supposed to be their final farewell in his eyes.

Also, Rosalina's home in gateway Galaxy is a bit different, it has the starshroom shaped plantation where a new luma is born.
That's not a new plantation, that's just the wrecked remains of a Toad Brigade ship, all covered in moss. You can see the metallic texture on it.

Also, the Luma is Young Master Luma, not a new one. The Luma that follows Mario in Galaxy 1 is the same as the one in Galaxy 2, where he is referred to as "Young Master Luma". In Galaxy 2, he suffered from amnesia, as it was stated that he was "confused" in the opening of Galaxy 2, and he doesn't seem to explicitly remember Mario, but he takes a shine to Mario due to him being vaguely familiar. The noteable proof that this Luma is the same one from Galaxy 1, is that he goes the whole game without speaking (as he is a baby). It isn't until the very end of Galaxy 2 that he finally is able to speak. Rosalina also states that this baby Luma is especially important to her in Galaxy 1, and says the same in Galaxy 2.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina truly is one very mysterious girl, and her trophy pretty much points that out.
Yup, and I hope Nintendo better leave like this way,for a moment, for us to discover.
This isn't true, this is a misled assumption that has been circulated on sites like Mario Wiki (who are infamous for this), much like the "Rosalina and her Observatory were actually under Bowser's captivity in Galaxy 2" nonsense.

At no point, does anyone, including Rosalina and the Lumas, mention that the Lumas jumped in to stop the black hole.

It's simply them "jumping ship" (i.e. they were prepared to die, as they felt it was inevitable), but their essence was probably used as part of Rosalina's process. However, Lumas were not the only thing recycled, as everything else was sucked into the black hole too.

The Lumas were simply getting on with the inevitable, but they have no conscious part in what's going on. They are never shown to.

This is why Young Master Luma simply waves goodbye to Mario, because it was supposed to be their final farewell in his eyes.

That's not a new plantation, that's just the wrecked remains of a Toad Brigade ship, all covered in moss. You can see the metallic texture on it.

Also, the Luma is Young Master Luma, not a new one. The Luma that follows Mario in Galaxy 1 is the same as the one in Galaxy 2, where he is referred to as "Young Master Luma". In Galaxy 2, he suffered from amnesia, as it was stated that he was "confused" in the opening of Galaxy 2, and he doesn't seem to explicitly remember Mario, but he takes a shine to Mario due to him being vaguely familiar. The noteable proof that this Luma is the same one from Galaxy 1, is that he goes the whole game without speaking (as he is a baby). It isn't until the very end of Galaxy 2 that he finally is able to speak. Rosalina also states that this baby Luma is especially important to her in Galaxy 1, and says the same in Galaxy 2.
Looking at the ending of SMG always makes me touched for some how.
So is SMG2 really a sequel? Or just aother story?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
SMG2 is quite clearly a sequel. It may not have much story, but Rosalina clearly knows Mario and co, and says that everyones strong bonds with her is what allowed her to meet them again, that these bonds are stronger than space and time itself.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just as a pointer for anyone who's facing Zelda with Rosalina, Nayru's Love can reflect Luma Shot right back at Rosalina, so think twice before using Luma Shot against Zelda.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
this happens with Palutena's reflector too. Has anybody tried this against Mario, dr, fox, falco, pit, or dark pit?
It works with all of the listed characters.

A nice trick though, is to charge it just enough so it stops before it hits their reflector. Then, you can punish them with one of Luma's attacks, and even KO then if they have high damage

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Luma shot will also activate Marth, Lucina, Ike, Shulk, Lucario, Palutena, Lil Mac, Greninja counters. So just be mindful of that too.
I might have forgot some other characters with counters....man so many people have counters in this game. lol

Last edited:

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
Luma shot will also activate Marth, Lucina, Ike, Shulk, Lucario, Palutena, Lil Mac, Greninja counters. So just be mindful of that too.
I might have forgot some other characters with counters....man so many people have counters in this game. lol
almost all attacks activate counters though :/

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
Rosalina & Luma are SO FUN, it's ridiculous. This comment is coming slightly late after well over a week with the game, but I seriously cannot get enough.

I went into this game with slight fear I would end up just forcing myself into this character, and end up rubbish with her. The reason is I'm not usually one for lightweights; I've tend to stuck to the heavier and stronger characters in the past. I've also never found the Ice Climbers or Olimar to be very captivating (forgive me for making that comparison), although I did give an honest try to Olimar in Brawl at one point some time ago. However, Rosalina just feels right.

Absolutely everything is marvelous, especially the moves. Gravitational Pull is perhaps the greatest one of all, the amount of Pikachu, Duck Hunt Duo, Robin and Ness players I've simply denied with this move alone is staggering. Mirror matches with Rosalina are the most interesting and intense I've come across, I never tire of them. Throw custom moves and equipment into the mix and you've got yourself guaranteed excitement.

On top of it all, I can never decide which colour scheme to use. This character, I swear, THIS CHARACTER.

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
Rosalina & Luma are SO FUN, it's ridiculous. This comment is coming slightly late after well over a week with the game, but I seriously cannot get enough.

I went into this game with slight fear I would end up just forcing myself into this character, and end up rubbish with her. The reason is I'm not usually one for lightweights; I've tend to stuck to the heavier and stronger characters in the past. I've also never found the Ice Climbers or Olimar to be very captivating (forgive me for making that comparison), although I did give an honest try to Olimar in Brawl at one point some time ago. However, Rosalina just feels right.

Absolutely everything is marvelous, especially the moves. Gravitational Pull is perhaps the greatest one of all, the amount of Pikachu, Duck Hunt Duo, Robin and Ness players I've simply denied with this move alone is staggering. Mirror matches with Rosalina are the most interesting and intense I've come across, I never tire of them. Throw custom moves and equipment into the mix and you've got yourself guaranteed excitement.

On top of it all, I can never decide which colour scheme to use. This character, I swear, THIS CHARACTER.
Purple gown is my go to.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

You can't beat the red dress. It's been my main color for Rosalina ever since I've started playing as her. White comes in second place.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just use default.

IDK any other gown colour just feels wrong at this point, I've always loved her colours.

I'm boring, I know. ._.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Black colour for me. I guess I just have a thing for black coloured costumes.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I hope we at least get Cat Rosalina as a trophy, same with Biker Rosalina.

So disappointed MK8 is getting Cat Peach instead of Cat Rosalina. :c

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

My biggest main now of course is Mario, but I often use Sonic more than Mario in Smash Run, Rosalina......"hesitated"...I haven't used her much, I didn't complete her story mode yet. I seldom use her in Smash too, when I got the game I use her in Target blast and breaked all the red targets, and use her in multi man. Because she is dear to me, can't stand of see her being hit. But I will try to use her more in the future.

About online mode, it seemsthat everytime in a laggy battle, I always win, is it because I can see their move better? Who knows, it is still annoying to fight like this.

You can't beat the red dress. It's been my main color for Rosalina ever since I've started playing as her. White comes in second place.
Hey! Me too! LOL!
I really hope they have Red Rosalina and fire Mario color amiibo figures, although not likely...
By the way @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy , about your signature, what happened to Peach?
Only the ones that can be blocked though. The Polar Bear's earthquakes can't be countered at all, as they're unblockable.
The polar bears are constructs of pure evil, though.
Yes, they are.
BUT I found a way to deal of this with Link, as you see, Link has a bouncy d air, so I just keep stabbing the Polar Bear by using d air, taking him down easily and avoiding the earthquake, but it turns out the Polar Bear dosen't have much powers after defeated though. Please understand Polar Bear lovers, this is just a game.

I'll just leave this here.
That's the most bizzarest yarn ball I've ever seen.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@ mario123007 mario123007 : I removed Peach, since she was never really someone who I would be using much in Smash 4 (3DS and Wii U).

At this point in time, Rosalina is my most used fighter, followed by Mario, and Yoshi comes in 3rd place. In fact, I've actually used Rosalina way more than anyone else in Smash mode and Smash Run; almost 9 hours with Rosalina, while I haven't even reached the 2 hour mark with Mario yet.

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
@ mario123007 mario123007 : I removed Peach, since she was never really someone who I would be using much in Smash 4 (3DS and Wii U).

At this point in time, Rosalina is my most used fighter, followed by Mario, and Yoshi comes in 3rd place. In fact, I've actually used Rosalina way more than anyone else in Smash mode and Smash Run; almost 9 hours with Rosalina, while I haven't even reached the 2 hour mark with Mario yet.
Ah, no mother daughter smash fests?

In seriousness I am pretty much the same. Rosalina is my most used smasher by a large margin followed by ness and followed by palutena and 4th is tied with Toon link and peach (from what my records say)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Coincidentally, the first three characters that I used to clear Classic Mode and All-Star Mode were Mario, Yoshi, and Rosalina, in that very order. However, I cleared All-Star Mode with Mario before unlocking everyone.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I love to jump up off ledges while using Luma Shot for a quick Luma punish while Rosalina gets distance. I also sometimes use the luma shot to go for a more high risk but high reward follow up after down throw. You'd think people would see these things coming, but its actually worked most of the time. I don't think Luma Shot is always used to its full potential.
How do you guys play Rosalina?
Most of the time I'll forget Star Bits and Gravitational Pull exist after the opponent finally approaches Rosalina (not Luma), because I'll start a match immediately with a barely charged Luma Shot and people will usually stop shielding right after they don't get hit by Luma- the perfect time for Star Bits and the only time I really use it. Someimes they'll try to go for a projecile before n approach even after that depending on the character so I'll use Gravitaional Pull, but after that, not so much.
I never really tried punishing rolls or approaches with Down Smash->Down Tilt, but after that nintendo tournament that looks awesome so I'll try it for sure.
I don't think I'll ever even try to use her infinite online. Only against CPUs.
I love using nair and fair, they move so weird... it's confusing and I love it
uair, dair, and bair are all very solid too. She doesn't have a bad aerial imo.
I never use her up tilt, I want to try using that more.
Forward Smash has so much range.
I try to use jab as much a possible. I dash grab a lot. When I throw I usually go for down and back throw.
I don't roll much, or spot dodge. I usually just shield b/c her shield feels a lot safer when Luma can punish both someone grabbing Rosalina and breaking her shield unlike any other character in this game. Although since she does disappear I'll probably learn to do that more, especially if Palutena continues to be my 2nd favorite
And that's mainly how I use Rosaluma so far. She has a lot of different options, so she's definitely great.

Again, how do you all use Rosalina?
I used Rosalina to break at the red targets in all two turns in Target Blast, she is the only character that I can do so.
And you should know that Rosalina is the Champ of the Smash Bros 3DS National Tournament right? I actually thought there will be many Bowsers again like SDCC, but I was surprised to see three Rosalinas in the bracklet!
Bill from Nintendo Tree House go quite well with Rosalina this time, hope he does well in the Wii U version. Hm....I wonder why he chose Rosalina as his main, did he requested Sakuai for this character?Nah, probably not.
Rosalina sure does have a good Star bit projectile, if you can customize her, most pros like to use the fast wide range star bits.
Her front smash is wide range too, only with Luma aside.

Coincidentally, the first three characters that I used to clear Classic Mode and All-Star Mode were Mario, Yoshi, and Rosalina, in that very order. However, I cleared All-Star Mode with Mario before unlocking everyone.
I haven't used Rosalina much yet, but I still like her. She reminds me of Ice Climbers and she is elegant. However, probably because she is too elegant than Ice Climbers(They are adorable!)so I don't use her much. I never use her in Online, I use my most confident character Mario.
Rosalina is a bit like Ice Climbers, different is that I don't really need to care much about where should Nana be in battle, but now Rosalina I need to care.
All-star mode eh? I only completed Mario narmal mode for now, and bizzarely, I lost three times on easy mode but I did well in normal mode.
Had you set any records with Rosalina yet? I did in Target Blast using her.
My most used for now are Mario(Red,or USA), Link(Red,always),Sonic(Mostly in Smash run, standard),Toon Link(Red),and Mr.G&W(standard or Red)
I can't play the game that much since I am an asian student, you know Asia, hard schoolwork here. However, if you are online @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy , can you make room in the friends section more often? Hoping to play with you.
I hope we at least get Cat Rosalina as a trophy, same with Biker Rosalina.

So disappointed MK8 is getting Cat Peach instead of Cat Rosalina. :c
You mean the Wii U version right? I think this is highly possible. I will love the biker Rosalina trophy.
And do you guys know that you can sent screenshots to Miiverse ONLY with the New 3DS?

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I haven't used Rosalina much yet, but I still like her. She reminds me of Ice Climbers and she is elegant. However, probably because she is too elegant than Ice Climbers(They are adorable!)so I don't use her much. I never use her in Online, I use my most confident character Mario.
Rosalina is a bit like Ice Climbers, different is that I don't really need to care much about where should Nana be in battle, but now Rosalina I need to care.
All-star mode eh? I only completed Mario narmal mode for now, and bizzarely, I lost three times on easy mode but I did well in normal mode.
Had you set any records with Rosalina yet? I did in Target Blast using her.
My most used for now are Mario(Red,or USA), Link(Red,always),Sonic(Mostly in Smash run, standard),Toon Link(Red),and Mr.G&W(standard or Red)
Ironically, the Ice Climbers were never really my top picks in Melee, nor Brawl.

Anyway, in terms of solo records, I did break all the red targets with Rosalina in Target Blast. However, my best score was with Greninja, and the odd part is that I never got all the red targets with it.

I did finish 10-Man Smash the fastest with Rosalina though. In fact, most of my best scores in Multi-Man Smash were made with Rosalina, which even includes scoring 200+ KOs in Endless Smash. The only exception is Cruel Smash, where I had to resort to using Kirby to complete all the Cruel Smash challenges.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Ironically, the Ice Climbers were never really my top picks in Melee, nor Brawl.

Anyway, in terms of solo records, I did break all the red targets with Rosalina in Target Blast. However, my best score was with Greninja, and the odd part is that I never got all the red targets with it.

I did finish 10-Man Smash the fastest with Rosalina though. In fact, most of my best scores in Multi-Man Smash were made with Rosalina, which even includes scoring 200+ KOs in Endless Smash. The only exception is Cruel Smash, where I had to resort to using Kirby to complete all the Cruel Smash challenges.
Still trying to get to 200+ in Endless Multi man Smash, I got 185 with Mario, I actually bomb up myself at the end by using B bomb..
About playing with you as I mentioned before, I know that you won't be that stupid to make a room and wait for your friends,but that doesn't mean you can't play with your friends, so I ask you, do you often play For Fun or For Glory?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Still trying to get to 200+ in Endless Multi man Smash, I got 185 with Mario, I actually bomb up myself at the end by using B bomb..
About playing with you as I mentioned before, I know that you won't be that stupid to make a room and wait for your friends,but that doesn't mean you can't play with your friends, so I ask you, do you often play For Fun or For Glory?
No online play at all at this time. If I wanted to though, I'd likely play "For Fun".

Odds are though, I probably won't do much, if any online games with Smash 3DS. It'll likely be a different story for Smash Wii U though.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
No online play at all at this time. If I wanted to though, I'd likely play "For Fun".

Odds are though, I probably won't do much, if any online games with Smash 3DS. It'll likely be a different story for Smash Wii U though.
Wii U, won't happen for me here. Can't even get that console until next year, if my pocket is deep enough, I might get both Wii U and New 3DS, if they have it to the US.
I bet the Online mode for Wii U won't be laggy this time.

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
Yeah what really turns me away from Smash 3DS online play is the lag reports.
I haven't gotten many super laggy matches, but I have had some lag in local wireless matches.....one match was lagger than any of the online matches I have had...and that was really weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom