• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm sigging this.

EDIT: It seems I can't sig it but I'm spreading it on tumblr. :p

-------------------

In regards to Rosalina headcanons, I have tons. Like, I could literally do an AMA on the matter if I wanted, since I can come up with headcanons for her at a moment's notice. I did make a topic in these boards for people to post their Rosalina headcanons.

For a simple one, Rosalina enjoys engineering as a past time. We know for a fact she is talented in engineering and architecture, as it was her who designed the Comet Observatory's overall structure and decor, and she did so when she was only a little girl, which is EXTREMELY impressive. She also fixed the ship that belonged to her first Luma friend all by herself, and she does have a garage on the Observatory.

So she definitely has the skills for it. In terms of why she does it, it helps her keep in touch with her humanity. She really doesn't need to engineer anything, at least not for herself, but she likes to not let her powers go to her head. And of course, she loves racing as a hobby too, and makes all of her own vehicles, and will drive only the biggest, baddest, and fastest bikes. She also makes various toys and gadgets for the Lumas to play with, and often visits the Gizmos in Toy Time Galaxy and Battlerock Galaxy for materials and help for bigger projects.

However, it isn't strictly just a hobby - she helps various civilisations around the cosmos advance their technological infrastructure, and will even make sure planets have defense systems in place in case anything threatens them.
I'd think that Rosalina would be more affiliated with child-like or innocent-looking vehicles. Of course, the CPU tends to not treat Rosalina that way, as a CPU Rosalina never uses the Biddybuggy or Yoshi Bike in Mario Kart 8, and she's often seen using the Monster wheels with her combos. At least in Mario Kart 7, a CPU Rosalina might use the Birthday Girl kart body.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well, this picture sexualized? Hm..a little, but just don't post a pic that is too NSFW. You know what I mean
The pic is awesome. I meant the others on the internet, the more "extreme" ones.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I prefer characters who develop to be something great as opposed to being instantly gratified with greatness. So I prefer Rosalina to Palutena quite a bit, even though I still like Palutena.
Me too.
I figured they would have explained that at this point if that was the case. As far as I'm concerned, she's always been a goddess.

To headcanon a little, I imagine she was inhibited a while by her parents. They held back the growth of her powers until she was mature enough to use them for good.

But in reality, Kid Icarus doesn't really care for that stuff. Being a goddess in and of itself ain't anything special in that universe.
Indeed, Kid Icarus gods are based on Greek mythology. Rosalina is really a new twist in Super Mario Galaxy.
I'm sigging this.

EDIT: It seems I can't sig it but I'm spreading it on tumblr. :p

-------------------

In regards to Rosalina headcanons, I have tons. Like, I could literally do an AMA on the matter if I wanted, since I can come up with headcanons for her at a moment's notice. I did make a topic in these boards for people to post their Rosalina headcanons.

For a simple one, Rosalina enjoys engineering as a past time. We know for a fact she is talented in engineering and architecture, as it was her who designed the Comet Observatory's overall structure and decor, and she did so when she was only a little girl, which is EXTREMELY impressive. She also fixed the ship that belonged to her first Luma friend all by herself, and she does have a garage on the Observatory.

So she definitely has the skills for it. In terms of why she does it, it helps her keep in touch with her humanity. She really doesn't need to engineer anything, at least not for herself, but she likes to not let her powers go to her head. And of course, she loves racing as a hobby too, and makes all of her own vehicles, and will drive only the biggest, baddest, and fastest bikes. She also makes various toys and gadgets for the Lumas to play with, and often visits the Gizmos in Toy Time Galaxy and Battlerock Galaxy for materials and help for bigger projects.

However, it isn't strictly just a hobby - she helps various civilisations around the cosmos advance their technological infrastructure, and will even make sure planets have defense systems in place in case anything threatens them.
She got all the furniture from the comet, and build it with a Luma. Indeed she got to be excel at engineering, but she might repair it with her magic sometimes.
The pic is awesome. I meant the others on the internet, the more "extreme" ones.
Oh......... the "extreme" ones........:rolleyes:

Last edited:

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Wait I just realized something. Isn't Rosalina in the heavy character class for some/all of the MK games she's playable in (my knowledge of recent MKs isn't good), yet she's 4th/5th lightest character in smash 4?

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Wait I just realized something. Isn't Rosalina in the heavy character class for some/all of the MK games she's playable in (my knowledge of recent MKs isn't good), yet she's 4th/5th lightest character in smash 4?
Mario Kart usually does classes based off of the SIZE of the character, not their literal weight, or otherwise King Boo would be in the lightweights with the Babies and Koopa and such. Don't blame Rosa for using weight-shifting powers, blame her genes for making her a 7-to-8 ft. giant. :p

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina should still be pretty heavy regardless (those hips don't lie), but they are justifying her lightweight with an "anti-gravity effect". Not necessarily something I like but it'll be fine.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina should still be pretty heavy regardless (those hips don't lie), but they are justifying her lightweight with an "anti-gravity effect". Not necessarily something I like but it'll be fine.
Considering that Mewtwo floated itself in Melee, this really isn't all that surprising once you think it over.

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
Considering that Mewtwo floated itself in Melee, this really isn't all that surprising once you think it over.
And from a gameplay aspect...if she was rather heavy along with a shield (luma) that is worth 50% of damage (last number I heard) she'd be rather over powered....the light weight balances her out a little.

Besides, if I had space powers I'd lighten my weight as much as I could so I could float around too (though I'm already pretty light.)

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I haven't seen anyone post it on here. :p

And yea Omega stages can be very very boring to watch after a while. I enjoy the game for what it is.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Friendly reminder that Rosalina is canonically ever so slightly taller than this guy:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Just another Rosalina screenshot from Mario Kart 8...

The Mii which is at the 12th place looks a bit creepy......
Friendly reminder that Rosalina is canonically ever so slightly taller than this guy:

Whoa, she is?! You mean she is slightly taller than Ghiraham and even Ganondorf? If you compare them, it actually seems that Rosalina looks.... bigger actually.
Mario Kart usually does classes based off of the SIZE of the character, not their literal weight, or otherwise King Boo would be in the lightweights with the Babies and Koopa and such. Don't blame Rosa for using weight-shifting powers, blame her genes for making her a 7-to-8 ft. giant. :p
Yep, Mario Kart based on the size of the characters, how ever there are really just some people like to make fun of her
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2...y_weight_by_mrgardenart-d808iz0.png[/spoiler]

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Ganondorf is stated to be 7'6" in Hyrule Historia (specifically OoT Ganondorf, which is the one I took a screen of - however, they all seem to be the same size, with the exception of Wind Waker Ganondorf).

Rosalina is 7'8" normally.

Also that Rosalina picture is cute but hot. I love MrGardenArt's style for her.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Ganondorf is stated to be 7'6" in Hyrule Historia (specifically OoT Ganondorf, which is the one I took a screen of - however, they all seem to be the same size, with the exception of Wind Waker Ganondorf).

Rosalina is 7'8" normally.

Also that Rosalina picture is cute but hot. I love MrGardenArt's style for her.
Could be taller because of her crown, I really wonder is Rosalina that heavy? I mean on Earth?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The 7'8" measurement does not account for Rosalina's crown.
Oh, but really if you compare Rosalina with other characters, sometimes she really just looks bigger rather than taller, I really wonder why Nintendo let Rosalina have a huge figure?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
A user that I ran into the other day did not agree with the size issue involving Ganondorf, stating that he's really taller than Rosalina.

I find that INCREDIBLY inaccurate for Twilight Princess. There's absolutely, positively, no way Link is a ****** in Twilight Princess. There's no way Link can be 3'10'' tall in Twilight Princess.

425 × 238 - neogaf.com
Umm...yeah...umm...uh...
Link is about 5'5''-5'7'' in Twilight Princess, and around that same height in Ocarina of Time. And...Ganondorf is about twice the size of Link in Twilight Princess, so Ganondorf being shorter than Rosalina is definitely not something you should say. Ganondorf looks like he's well around 9 ft. tall, at least. He beats Rosalina's height indefinitely thanks to this chart. If we were to compare him and Rosalina side-by-side, her head would only go to his bottom chest.

Let me point out that Hyrule Historia is horribly inaccurate on varying things, and especially Ganondorf's height.

However, here's his height IN BRAWL, where they have most likely made the mistake:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was referring to OoT Ganondorf, though. He's 7'6". Literally says it outright in Hyrule Historia. Most incarnations of Ganondorf seem to adhere closely to it though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The producer of Hyrule Warriors said he wants to work with a spinoff of Mario or Smash Bros. Imagine Rosalina in either of those...

Thanks for being on-topic with me. :p
If that happens, Goomba has to be playable and Rosalina would be the best to use

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think I saw it once. Is that the weird one where Daisy cuts her arm off and the artist appeared to have drawn Rosalina naked before drawing the dress (:glare:)?
What are you talking about? Daisy just slightly make a deep cut on her arm and her thighs, and of course you have to draw the body before draw the clothes.
I'm afraid that the comic that krakelak has been working on is incomplete right now.
I know, I thought the artist said he/she want to complete the story before the release of the game, but now well..............still waiting. Bowser is quite funny in this comic too.

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
What are you talking about? Daisy just slightly make a deep cut on her arm and her thighs, and of course you have to draw the body before draw the clothes.

I know, I thought the artist said he/she want to complete the story before the release of the game, but now well..............still waiting. Bowser is quite funny in this comic too.
:T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom