• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
How good do you guys think Gravitational Pull is? In particular, are there any characters whose projectile game isn't shut down completely? The only ones I have in mind are Link/Toon Link (I have heard the move is bad for bombs) and possibly ROB due to the speed of his laser and that it passes straight through Lumas hitbox.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yup, we sure are! It is just odd that there are so many Super Mario characters this time.
Mario just wanted more people cause he had no new Mario characters in Brawl, that and he's the boss

Moderator Edit: Fixed the quote tag.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Not really what I meant. Rosalina and Palutena are both good people, so you'd think that they'd interact in a positive manner.
Though I think Palutena has a more mischievous side of her, while Rosalina has a fun, exited (maybe child-like) side to her we don't see often. Maybe mischievous isn't the word, but maybe overconfident? (I don't know). Just look at Paluena's Revolting Dinner and you might get a sense of what I mean.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
How good do you guys think Gravitational Pull is? In particular, are there any characters whose projectile game isn't shut down completely? The only ones I have in mind are Link/Toon Link (I have heard the move is bad for bombs) and possibly ROB due to the speed of his laser and that it passes straight through Lumas hitbox.
It's good but situational depending on the matchup. I've shut down Links and Robs stuff with it but Yoshi's eggs have too little cooldown and he's too mobile, it's likely youll get punished

it just depending on the matchup. I can say with confidence at least at the moment, it does a hurts bowser jr pretty significantly. and is amazing for saving your teammate from aura speheres and charge shots and other projectiles in teams

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
It's good but situational depending on the matchup. I've shut down Links and Robs stuff with it but Yoshi's eggs have too little cooldown and he's too mobile, it's likely youll get punished

it just depending on the matchup. I can say with confidence at least at the moment, it does a hurts bowser jr pretty significantly. and is amazing for saving your teammate from aura speheres and charge shots and other projectiles in teams
Does it definitely stop the bombs with Link then? This was the main issue I had read regarding fighting Link/Toon Link - that the pull just pulled the bombs towards her where they then exploded. Expected R.O.B. to have issues but thought it might be more plausible due to the Lasers priority stopping Luma from blocking it. Can Gyro and Laser be fired quickly enough in succession to beat GP?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Not really what I meant. Rosalina and Palutena are both good people, so you'd think that they'd interact in a positive manner.
Yeah, but, I prefer she and Zero Suit Samus. Just look at this picture

Though I think Palutena has a more mischievous side of her, while Rosalina has a fun, exited (maybe child-like) side to her we don't see often. Maybe mischievous isn't the word, but maybe overconfident? (I don't know). Just look at Paluena's Revolting Dinner and you might get a sense of what I mean.
Just she and Palutena, who is the toughest?

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Yeah, but, I prefer she and Zero Suit Samus. Just look at this picture
Samus is the orig blue space girl. :p

Well, Palutena's snarky, sarcastic attitude would contrast with Rosalina's mature, proper ways.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, Palutena's snarky, sarcastic attitude would contrast with Rosalina's mature, proper ways.
I guess in a way, Palutena is much less mature than Rosalina. She's willing to put Pit in danger, which isn't something that Rosalina would allow the Lumas to do if they're not mature enough to live on their own.

On an additional note, Palutena isn't immune to being controlled, while Rosalina is probably way too powerful to be controlled by any entities. Likewise, Palutena has been treated as a damsel, which is something that Rosalina has never been a victim of.

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
So, I went to a thread about what series SSB4 should revive, and a lot of people suggested Rosalina getting her own series. imagine Sakurai doing it. I wonder what it'd be like. :T

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I guess in a way, Palutena is much less mature than Rosalina. She's willing to put Pit in danger, which isn't something that Rosalina would allow the Lumas to do if they're not mature enough to live on their own.

On an additional note, Palutena isn't immune to being controlled, while Rosalina is probably way too powerful to be controlled by any entities. Likewise, Palutena has been treated as a damsel, which is something that Rosalina has never been a victim of.
Well she did gave Mario a Luma to help him, right? And let them suffer all the way through the galaxy LOL.
I think you said that a bit too early,we just might have not seen her got controlled yet, well, of course,since Super Mario is a E rated game, I don't think Rosalina will get controlled or even become a bad guy, it will just ruin the reputation of Rosalina. Who knows? We might see that soon.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I guess the only time where Rosalina is partially a victim is when Bowser sneakily stole the Power Stars from her Comet Observatory. She wasn't helpless like Palutena was in KI:U (certain scenarios), but she was handicapped until Mario helped her out.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I guess the only time where Rosalina is partially a victim is when Bowser sneakily stole the Power Stars from her Comet Observatory. She wasn't helpless like Palutena was in KI:U (certain scenarios), but she was handicapped until Mario helped her out.
Or she might just want to have fun while helping Mario, she could just use her cosmic power and destroy Bowser. Or use her Super Smash Bros ability to KO him(Just my imagination)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well she did gave Mario a Luma to help him, right? And let them suffer all the way through the galaxy LOL.
To be fair, Rosalina didn't allow her Luma to roam off all alone, and it does spend most of its time hiding inside Mario's hat.

It is important to keep note that Bowser's attack was indirect. Bowser could not just take the Power Stars and Grand Stars from the Comet Observatory by force, as it's very likely that Rosalina would be way too powerful for him to beat.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
To be fair, Rosalina didn't allow her Luma to roam off all alone, and it does spend most of its time hiding inside Mario's hat.

It is important to keep note that Bowser's attack was indirect. Bowser could not just take the Power Stars and Grand Stars from the Comet Observatory by force, as it's very likely that Rosalina would be way too powerful for him to beat.
Sure enough, but hey, didn't she left that one at the secret ending. That scene I was totally touched but then I noticed that she left a Luma at the Gateway Galaxy!

Yup, if Bowser wants to vs Rosalina, especially in Smash Bros, he doesn't stand a chance. Unless he has his son come to help.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sure enough, but hey, didn't she left that one at the secret ending. That scene I was totally touched but then I noticed that she left a Luma at the Gateway Galaxy!
Rosalina probably didn't realize that her Luma was still alive when she left the Gateway Galaxy. Either that, or she was pretty sure that her Luma was mature enough to fend for itself; the Luma did try to stop a black hole without any supervision after all.

Of course, Rosalina apparently sent letters to her matured Luma to let it know that they'll see each other again, which does come to pass at the end of Super Mario Galaxy 2.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina probably didn't realize that her Luma was still alive when she left the Gateway Galaxy. Either that, or she was pretty sure that her Luma was mature enough to fend for itself; the Luma did try to stop a black hole without any supervision after all.

Of course, Rosalina apparently sent letters to her matured Luma to let it know that they'll see each other again, which does come to pass at the end of Super Mario Galaxy 2.
Yup, but it is still a mystery between her Lubba's true relationship.
And isn't SMG2 an another story rather than a sequel?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yup, but it is still a mystery between her Lubba's true relationship.
And isn't SMG2 an another story rather than a sequel?
Mario games typically focus more on the gameplay than the story. It could be implied that Rosalina met Lubba during her travels, but "when" they first met is a complete mystery.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Mario games typically focus more on the gameplay than the story. It could be implied that Rosalina met Lubba during her travels, but "when" they first met is a complete mystery.
Yeah, and the Luma in SMG2 was said to be a baby Luma. Nintendo got to have a third installment of SMG sooner or later.
They all wear in blue (sort of), both strong, who will win?
And what's OTP?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
^u^ This thread is lovely! Just like Rosalina! I wanted to said that for a while now. And I also love the pics from MK8 of her I have seen in here! these are good references for me since I'm learning to draw her better.

jaguar_15

Smash Rookie
Double Post
Rosalina HD! :)

Rosalina has amazing powers!!!!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Like this maybe?

Looks like my reply didn't work. Oh well.... Never mind, fixed it.
This and maybe Rosalina is the only person who can make Samus express her emotions never seen, and she'd be her knight in shining armor (or skin tight suit)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This and maybe Rosalina is the only person who can make Samus express her emotions never seen, and she'd be her knight in shining armor (or skin tight suit)
Hmm.they sure fit to each other.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
We apparently get Grab Release Fair on Wario and are tall enough to force air release from grounded grab.

Last edited:

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
It'd be funny if we have that though.

Also just something random, we can't GP Pacman's hydrant if it hits us when thrown down. I noticed that yesterday while playing and noticed it again in Rain vs Abadango just now.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Rosalina: "Well, anything a plumber can do, a goddess can do better!"

...I wonder how goddesses unclog toilets.
Oh, dear goddess... That quote... Let me go excuse myself... Damn gutter-mind! But one question: Where'd you get that quote?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It'd be funny if we have that though.

Also just something random, we can't GP Pacman's hydrant if it hits us when thrown down. I noticed that yesterday while playing and noticed it again in Rain vs Abadango just now.
Do you mean that you can't use Gravitational Pull on the hydrant "after" it hits Rosalina? Or do you mean that the hydrant is unaffected by Gravitational Pull, even before hitting her?

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Do you mean that you can't use Gravitational Pull on the hydrant "after" it hits Rosalina? Or do you mean that the hydrant is unaffected by Gravitational Pull, even before hitting her?
If the hydrant hits you when thrown down then it will be unaffected by GP from what I've seen. But, if the hydrant is thrown down and doesn't hit you then you're able to GP it at any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom