• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
The Comet Observatory could have been used just like it was in Galaxy, and it could be implemented through a mini-cutscene like Mega Man and Captain Falcon's Final Smash. Maybe have Rosalina conjure up a black hole from Galaxy, and if it hits, it activates the move.

They even have an actual cutscene to use as reference in this case.
I was with you until you said "blackhole." The problem with blackholes and Rosalina is that the blackhole is an opposing force. Something that stops Mario on his mission. If anything, I would think Rosalina would want nothing to do with blackholes.

Though, the cutscene thing does sound like a good idea, just not with a blackhole. Plus, that would make three blackhole final smashes. >.>

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
The Comet Observatory could have been used just like it was in Galaxy, and it could be implemented through a mini-cutscene like Mega Man and Captain Falcon's Final Smash. Maybe have Rosalina conjure up a black hole from Galaxy, and if it hits, it activates the move.

They even have an actual cutscene to use as reference in this case.
I'm still sticking with my previous idea of a Final Smash for her. I thought Rosalina's Final Smash could have been based off of Super Mario Galaxy's ending:

She summons a small Black Hole above her (or Luma transforms into a black hole above her); Lumas start going into the Black Hole, making it bigger, and the Lumas going into the Black Hole act as damaging obstacles; opponents get pulled in; anyone caught in it takes damage, like the Flower damage the Lipstick item does but at a very fast rate; and then the Black Hole explodes, sending everyone flying or anyone around the explosion.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm still sticking with my previous idea of a Final Smash for her. I thought Rosalina's Final Smash could have been based off of Super Mario Galaxy's ending:

She summons a small Black Hole above her (or Luma transforms into a black hole above her); Lumas start going into the Black Hole, making it bigger, and the Lumas going into the Black Hole act as damaging obstacles; opponents get pulled in; anyone caught in it takes damage, like the Flower damage the Lipstick item does but at a very fast rate; and then the Black Hole explodes, sending everyone flying or anyone around the explosion.
I'd reckon that'd be a BIT morbid for Smash. That scene in Galaxy was considered a tear jerker as it was. And it entails the Lumas willingly sacrificing themselves en masse so Rosalina can win a scrap. :V

I was with you until you said "blackhole." The problem with blackholes and Rosalina is that the blackhole is an opposing force. Something that stops Mario on his mission. If anything, I would think Rosalina would want nothing to do with blackholes.

Though, the cutscene thing does sound like a good idea, just not with a blackhole. Plus, that would make three blackhole final smashes. >.>
Well she's fighting Mario here, ain't she? :p

I always thought those mini-black holes were natural, though.

But even if not a black hole specifiaclly, the animation could be similar these little cosmic portal things she has in her Side Smash:

EDIT: I'm looking at those new scans and...

PICTURE NUMBER 1 HAS ALL OF MY D'AAAAAWWWWS <3

Also it kinda looks like she's got a happy expression in that shot where Samus is hitting her. :p

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Biker Rosie is most of the reason I'm still playing that game if I'm seriously honest.

It's not like the online experience is the best it could be. :V

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'd reckon that'd be a BIT morbid for Smash. That scene in Galaxy was considered a tear jerker as it was. And it entails the Lumas willingly sacrificing themselves en masse so Rosalina can win a scrap. :V

But even if not a black hole specifiaclly, the animation could be similar these little cosmic portal things she has in her Side Smash:

Also it kinda looks like she's got a happy expression in that shot where Samus is hitting her. :p
What magazine is this from?
And some of the pictures are new!

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED

That one picture to the right of the Samus one where she's bending around like Zant.

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I only dislike that it isn't as useful as it could be.

It fits her perfectly with that said. Power stars were an important thing for Rosalina and Mario Galaxy in general.
I kind of wish it was a Grand Star, but that's an aesthetic issue.

(Turns out someone already said this. That's what I get for not reading the entire thread.)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was looking at some footage and:

That face is priceless. She just does not care. At all. This girl is holding back to make things fair. :p

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I was looking at some footage and:

That face is priceless. She just does not care. At all. This girl is holding back to make things fair. :p
Probably because the it is just a demo, most of the details may not function well.
And I so want to use Mario and smash Little Mac away.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Pretty sure he only got Luma, and Rosa is just dodging out of the Star Punch.
Nope, I was watching the video that came from (hence the screenshot), and she was the one hit. Went flying afterwards.

Sakurai did make a PotD specifically about Rosalina's "damage" expressions, so it doesn't surprise me she's like this. I just really find it funny (and kinda hot honestly, like...she just don't care! :p)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Nope, I was watching the video that came from (hence the screenshot), and she was the one hit. Went flying afterwards.

Sakurai did make a PotD specifically about Rosalina's "damage" expressions, so it doesn't surprise me she's like this. I just really find it funny (and kinda hot honestly, like...she just don't care! :p)
Because she is going to take Little Mac down sooner or later.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Pressed the HOME Button while playing World Tour at just the right moment, and accidentally created Sassalina. Now what was originally just gonna be a boring old avatar of Rosalina with a space background is now amazingly awesome meme potential. Kinda looks like one of her taunts, actually.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Pressed the HOME Button while playing World Tour at just the right moment, and accidentally created Sassalina. Now what was originally just gonna be a boring old avatar of Rosalina with a space background is now amazingly awesome meme potential. Kinda looks like one of her taunts, actually.
So you basically caught her with her eyes half-closed.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Finally got to making a Rosalina and Luma Perler Bead Project. She is MASSIVE, I used four peg boards. I am super happy with the outcome!
DSC_0546 (800x530).jpg
(Made it a thumbnail cause the image is kinda big)

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Now that we're able to edit the highlight reels that other players have posted, that could surely give you more Rosalina shots to take.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
I can't believe we're getting Cat Peach in Mario Kart 8 when Cat Rosalina isn't in the game yet. Get your priorities straight, Nintendo!

Is anybody hoping for the return of Rosalina's Ice World as DLC? Or a new Rosalina-based track, perhaps? Either would be fine by me. Maybe we can get a kart or bike based on Luma or something, I'd be down for it.

Regarding else of MK8, earning VR under this new system is brutal. I was hoping to reach 9,999 soon (I currently sit around 7,500), but the maximum was increased to 99,999 apparently. No way I'll be reaching that in this lifetime, so I'm still aiming for 10,000. Geez though, I'm earning a few negative points for 5th place now, and minus about 20 points when the game feels particularly nasty towards me and forces 11th or 12th place, which I wish I could say is an uncommon occurrence.

Last edited:

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Imagine if we got a Comet Observatory track for DLC... I WOULD EXPLODE. Would also be nice to have a Kart/Bike that fits Rosalina's personality...as I don't think any of the current vehicles in the game kinda bode with Rosalina.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can't believe we're getting Cat Peach in Mario Kart 8 when Cat Rosalina isn't in the game yet. Get your priorities straight, Nintendo!

Is anybody hoping for the return of Rosalina's Ice World as DLC? Or a new Rosalina-based track, perhaps? Either would be fine by me. Maybe we can get a kart or bike based on Luma or something, I'd be down for it.

Regarding else of MK8, earning VR under this new system is brutal. I was hoping to reach 9,999 soon (I currently sit around 7,500), but the maximum was increased to 99,999 apparently. No way I'll be reaching that in this lifetime, so I'm still aiming for 10,000. Geez though, I'm earning a few negative points for 5th place now, and minus about 20 points when the game feels particularly nasty towards me and forces 11th or 12th place, which I wish I could say is an uncommon occurrence.
Yeah, Cat Rosalina is way better (though kinda by default of being Rosalina :p). And it makes more sense seeing as it seems people play Rosalina WAY more than any other character in the game, so I think more people would prefer Cat Rosalina. They should have had Kitsune Luigi too, too even out the variants of the main male and female characters of Mario. ANYTHING to prevent a fourth Mario and Peach variant. >.>

But yeah I'd love to see Rosalina's Ice World. The music arrangement would be amazing.

And I noticed the huge spike in the VR balancing too. What makes it worse is that it's so difficult getting into matches with people who have in or around the same VR as me or higher. You get more if your opponents also have lots of VR. But I keep ending up in matches where people have a lot less, and getting 2nd place gets me 0 VR. Anything lower decreases it by a ton. >_>

------------------

I was taking a lot of screenshots in MK8 today, and most of them ended up as Rosalina, of course. Got lots of gems. :p

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I ran into another Rosalina drawing today.

Notice: The following image is very big, so it's inside a spoiler tag.

She is so pretty. <3

And all this Mario Kart 8 talk is really getting me excited to get it for my birthday coming up! Especially the DLC. Can't wait to play Rosalina in it. <3
View attachment 23225
Gonna start using the GLA with Rosalina. A soccer mom car to match with the mother of the cosmos. :p
>.> <.<

Is it bad that I actually like how those DLC cars look?

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I thought this would have been uploaded by now.

And it seems I'm not receiving notifications from this thread even though it's in my watch list. Anyone know what's up with that?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
^I uploaded that but the link broke.

As for you not receiving notifications, that happens to me with a lot other topics, sometimes this one. I don't know whether it's a glitch or if you automatically stop getting notifications after the topic is inactive for a while. I think it's a glitch though, as there is no consistent time frame for this. Sometimes I post in a topic, and then don't get notified of replies that come only a moment later.

--------

If there is any proof that Rosalina looks distinct from Peach, it's when people edit the colours on Peach's face and use Roslaina's hair to make "Sports Rosalina" pictures:

It's so obviously still Peach.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Have we seen if when Rosalina pummels her opponent, Luma does so as well? Similar to Ice Climbers? I'm not sure if I asked this question before, but if I have I probably forgot.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
I'm rather fond of the new GLA Wheels. They look great with the Sports Coupe, which Rosalina herself is marvelous inside.

They have the same stats as the Standard Wheels, and I've made the switch.

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
I'm pretty sure someone has already said this but I was really hoping her fanfare was the get star music in her into video. :/ Anyways,

I drew this on Miiverse when Sakurai said "it has been said that the cosmos is beneathe her gown" xD

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm pretty sure someone has already said this but I was really hoping her fanfare was the get star music in her into video.
You mean her victory theme? If so, it actually is. You can here it in the various Treehouse Streams and what not.

Also nice artwork!

--------

You guys probably know about the new 3DS models that have been announced, and how you can change the themes of the the 3DS main menu using cover plates. Well, one of the themes is Rosalina-focused! Has new official artwork of her too! I'll post an image of it soon once the Japanese Direct that came out is replayable.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
In the Japanese trailer, I finally get to see Rosalina's dress animated. It was better than getting static screenshots of her dress in still form.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom