• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Rosalina seems to be a character that can really control the battle if the player knows how to. She does have her flaws, but she seems to be super solid. Especially with Luma.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hahaha no worries man, in due time we will all play and have our own opinions. Hard pressed to say Bill "sucks" as Rosalina but just because he lost doesn't mean she's weak to those guys.
It will be very interesting to see how all the other players can handle Rosalina. She'll obviously be one of the more advanced fighters if the Luma is the key to wiping out the competition.
I really admire of you guys, just like I said I am an Asian, so I had never played the demo, only watch youtube videos if I have the time, school work is hard here in Taiwan too. So I don't much time playing smash bros when school starts.But will keep on track of all the Smash Bros news I can get.
We will see a Rosalina pro in the future, just wait and see.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Okay, so in MK8 I've been trying to get a good screenshot of Rosalina and Baby Rosalina going head-to-head together, like in the picture below:

...but I'm not having any luck doing so because I barely run into people, and when I do I'm usually not Rosalina, or Baby Rosalina isn't there. I'm going online today to see if I can get it to happen. I gotta keep my 51 followers "entertained" somehow.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Okay, so in MK8 I've been trying to get a good screenshot of Rosalina and Baby Rosalina going head-to-head together, like in the picture below:

...but I'm not having any luck doing so because I barely run into people, and when I do I'm usually not Rosalina, or Baby Rosalina isn't there. I'm going online today to see if I can get it to happen. I gotta keep my 51 followers "entertained" somehow.
Don't know whether or not I'm late for this particular one, but if you want me to join lobbies with you for the purpose of getting a specific screenshot or anything, feel free to contact me, I'd love to help.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Wow! I looks really nice! Go take more Rosalina's Mario Kart 8 screenshots, and maybe do the Smash Bros Wii U in the future.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

I may not have a drawing, but I did take a screenshot of the interaction over a week ago.

I recently got a well-timed screenshot that I just have to show...

Edit: Another nice screenshot for the road...

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Some ridiculous and kinda funny video saw recently. Rosalina is in it and her personality WAY off, but funny. Her voice is super weird, just like all the other characters. I skipped ahead to where she is.
It has some mild to strong language here and there but it's fine overall.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Some ridiculous and kinda funny video saw recently. Rosalina is in it and her personality WAY off, but funny. Her voice is super weird, just like all the other characters. I skipped ahead to where she is.
It has some mild to strong language here and there but it's fine overall.
WHAT GOING ON IN THE MUSHROOM KINGDOM?!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Someone has been doing their best to edit out/quieten sound effects in the Smash 4 songs we've heard so far, and they just put up Rosalina's Comet Observatory. I'm LOOOOOVING this arrangement:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Someone has been doing their best to edit out/quieten sound effects in the Smash 4 songs we've heard so far, and they just put up Rosalina's Comet Observatory. I'm LOOOOOVING this arrangement:

We will have more when the game is released.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
So looking at the Rosalina & Luma Image Gallery , it appears this moveset isn't in the game, or someone hasn't figured out how to do it yet.

Has this 3-hit jab / combo been taken out? This was from her reveal trailer and everything back then wasn't finalized.

Last edited:

NashRiskin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nashriskin
3DS FC
3497-1265-2606
So looking at the Rosalina & Luma Image Gallery , it appears this moveset isn't in the game, or someone hasn't figured out how to do it yet.

Has this 3-hit jab / combo been taken out? This was from her reveal trailer and everything back then wasn't finalized.
This is the jab combo, if held a bit longer Luma would start spinning around. The was a literal jab hit 3 times. Had it been held Luma would spin for a bit and then have a finisher.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
Is anyone here getting a jp 3ds for some early smash action? I'll be getting one and would love a fellow rosa player to spar with / share new tech as we find it with :D

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Is anyone here getting a jp 3ds for some early smash action? I'll be getting one and would love a fellow rosa player to spar with / share new tech as we find it with :D
I won't be doing that, since I don't read Japanese and I'm poor, but if 3DS homebrew comes soon, which it will, then I'll get the JP ver. of SSB without the trouble of region-lock.

Also, @ mario123007 mario123007 , I don't think I'll be playing online right away with you for two reasons:
1. Online will be a mess with everybody trying to connect all at once on launch day
2. If Rosalina & Luma are an unlockable, which I doubt, then give me some time to unlock them.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I won't be getting the Japanese version, unless Homebrew comes out in time (I am looking to buy the Limited Edition Smash Bros 3DS XL so if I can, I will use that as a legal 3DS and my old one for mods and hacks and what not).

And I'm not sure I'll be online all that much at first. I tend to want to get a good chunk of single-player stuff done first before I head online. Maybe after I unlock all of the characters and set up some satisfying moveset/equipment customisations for Sonic, Mega Man, Rosalina, and Mii, at the very least.

NashRiskin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nashriskin
3DS FC
3497-1265-2606
I won't be getting the Japanese version, unless Homebrew comes out in time (I am looking to buy the Limited Edition Smash Bros 3DS XL so if I can, I will use that as a legal 3DS and my old one for mods and hacks and what not).

And I'm not sure I'll be online all that much at first. I tend to want to get a good chunk of single-player stuff done first before I head online. Maybe after I unlock all of the characters and set up some satisfying moveset/equipment customisations for Sonic, Mega Man, Rosalina, and Mii, at the very least.
Gotta get those custom moves! However those are only available in friend matches...

NashRiskin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nashriskin
3DS FC
3497-1265-2606
True nuff son. I'll be sure to challenge you once the game comes out!

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
It's gonna be really epic and fun to fight Master Hand as Rosalina as the universe is about to end in the background of the Wii U version's FD. Really makes you appreciate her job. :p

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I won't be doing that, since I don't read Japanese and I'm poor, but if 3DS homebrew comes soon, which it will, then I'll get the JP ver. of SSB without the trouble of region-lock.

Also, @ mario123007 mario123007 , I don't think I'll be playing online right away with you for two reasons:
1. Online will be a mess with everybody trying to connect all at once on launch day
2. If Rosalina & Luma are an unlockable, which I doubt, then give me some time to unlock them.
1. I actually might not get the game during the lauch since I don't have money right now.
2. I also doubt Rosalina will be unlockable too, and since this is me using her for the first time, I might need some time to get used to her.
3.FYI, my brother is going to get the Japanese version, so I might already know everything before the US lauch.(Yes I own US 3DS).
4.Don't worry, I will not connect to the Internet immediately at the first day it launches, but I am trying to get some 3ds FCs via Smashboards. Hope you are too.
5.I don't know Japanese too, but my brother does, a little.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Something I think I might have noticed about Rosie's D-Air:

A lot of people said that they have trouble getting the spike to work in her D-Air, but I think I know why - they were trying to connect the hit at the middle, which is generally how most spikes work. However, in this shot, Rosie's hitting Link with the right side of it, and the spike is working full force. This makes me think her spike only takes effect if you hit using the ring itself. Hitting at the center just works like a normal aerial.

Also, the release of the Multi-Man Smash theme made me think about the mode and I realised that Rosalina & Luma might be the new ideal/"cheese" characters for that mode. You can easily set them up at a specific distance, and just use Smash attacks all day. Maybe set the two up to face each other and make both their Side Smashes or Down Smashes meet. And even without that, having two characters that can move pretty independently will be a huge boon for that mode.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

A lot of people said that they have trouble getting the spike to work in her D-Air, but I think I know why - they were trying to connect the hit at the middle, which is generally how most spikes work. However, in this shot, Rosie's hitting Link with the right side of it, and the spike is working full force. This makes me think her spike only takes effect if you hit using the ring itself. Hitting at the center just works like a normal aerial.

Also, the release of the Multi-Man Smash theme made me think about the mode and I realised that Rosalina & Luma might be the new ideal/"cheese" characters for that mode. You can easily set them up at a specific distance, and just use Smash attacks all day. Maybe set the two up to face each other and make both their Side Smashes or Down Smashes meet. And even without that, having two characters that can move pretty independently will be a huge boon for that mode.
Good find and certainly an incredibly interesting way to spike. I'm most certainly going to have to get used to it.

And I don't know about that Multi man thing. Donkey Kong is probably still good...

Though, the addition with mii gunners could be an issue...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I only found Donkey Kong handy for it in the first two games, in Brawl, I had to legitimately do it since the AI was smarter. But Rosalina & Luma are a smart pair up and I don't think the AI will be smart enough to deal.

Even better if you do co-op and both players use Rosalina & Luma. :p

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav

Wow! Great find and thanks for pointing it out!!

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Rosalina & Luma keep getting better and better the more info I hear of them. <3

I'm going to go replay Galaxy now. Maybe 3d world after that. <3

Kay kay

Just take the time to admire my signature
I love Rosalina and Luma's Taunt.

And I love the Gravitational Pull move.

I love Luma in general.

Is their anything about them that I shouldn't love?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I only dislike that it isn't as useful as it could be.

It fits her perfectly with that said. Power stars were an important thing for Rosalina and Mario Galaxy in general.
I disagree. It should have at least been a Grand Star. Power Stars are a generic item that have been in every Mario game ever, and are even an item in Smash. Power Stars are not specifically associated with Rosalina, but Grand Stars are, since she always has them as an emblem in Mario Kart, and even in 3D World. Making a Power Star really big really, really made no sense to me, and just made her Final Smash seem like an after thought.

Still would much rather this though, either way, since it's much more fitting to her than anything else:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I disagree. It should have at least been a Grand Star. Power Stars are a generic item that have been in every Mario game ever, and are even an item in Smash. Power Stars are not specifically associated with Rosalina, but Grand Stars are, since she always has them as an emblem in Mario Kart, and even in 3D World. Making a Power Star really big really, really made no sense to me, and just made her Final Smash seem like an after thought.

Still would much rather this though, either way, since it's much more fitting to her than anything else:

Maybe the grand star. The power stars still work though seeing how they are in Mario Galaxy.

As for the Comet observatory, my problem with it is that it requires too many questions.

For one thing, it's massive size. How are you suppose to shrink it to a reasonable final smash size without it being too ridiculous?

Then what is it suppose to do? All the things I can envision her to do require her Observatory to be too small, or require's it to just crash into the battlefield. Which really wouldn't make too much sense. >.>

Even if it "fits" it still doesn't seem like it could work. I have the same exact problem with making Skull kid use the moon. >.>

Opinions though. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Maybe the grand star. The power stars still work though seeing how they are in Mario Galaxy.

As for the Comet observatory, my problem with it is that it requires too many questions.

For one thing, it's massive size. How are you suppose to shrink it to a reasonable final smash size without it being too ridiculous?

Then what is it suppose to do? All the things I can envision her to do require her Observatory to be too small, or require's it to just crash into the battlefield. Which really wouldn't make too much sense. >.>

Even if it "fits" it still doesn't seem like it could work. I have the same exact problem with making Skull kid use the moon. >.>

Opinions though. :p
The Comet Observatory could have been used just like it was in Galaxy, and it could be implemented through a mini-cutscene like Mega Man and Captain Falcon's Final Smash. Maybe have Rosalina conjure up a black hole from Galaxy, and if it hits, it activates the move.

They even have an actual cutscene to use as reference in this case.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I think her final smash should have been basically Dragoon but with the Comet Observatory and going above the stage and picere downward instead of going through the stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom