• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'll have another image of Rosalina posted soon. It has to do with Bikini Week at Miiverse.
...Bikini Week on Miiverse?

...That, plus Rosalina can only mean...

Not sure if this picture is made in relation to Bikini Week, but this is pretty awesome.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
I think I still have 2000 something VR.

...Bikini Week on Miiverse?

...That, plus Rosalina can only mean...

Not sure if this picture is made in relation to Bikini Week, but this is pretty awesome.

Even ancient protectors of the universe need to keep up with how the kids look these dayz. :p

...Rosalina would never get tattoos. :p

...And the crown kills the mood. :p

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Not really, since she can be beautiful and badass at the same time and actually pull off such a look.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Not really, since she can be beautiful and badass at the same time and actually pull off such a look.
I just see the picture for what it is. An attractive woman with temporary looking tattoos and a slick bike with a nice paint job. The colors look good and simplistic which really matches with Rosalina's overall tone. Two thumbs up.

EDIT: Okay, two things. First, looking at this picture, do you think the top portion would be the back of the 3DS cover? Second, will Rosalina's pictures exclude Luma? It seems like it for most, if not all of the pictures of her.

Here's the source:

"With the Japanese Super Smash Bros. 3DS coming closer, some of the game’s packaging is already starting to appear. There’s not too much to see in the shot above, though it does reveal the game’s file size. It takes up 2.1GB of space on an SD card, which is about 17,300 blocks."

http://nintendoeverything.com/a-look-at-the-japanese-smash-bros-3ds-packaging-file-size-revealed/

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Luma is with Rosalina on the Wii U CSS of the Wii U version:

Also, now HERE'S a nice bikini Rosalina:

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
To be fair, I don't like the idea of seeing Rosalina that way. Daisy fits the bad*** style a lot better.

With Rosalina, I like to think of her as just being the very gentle, innocent, and caring individual, who has no bad demeanor in any way. She does maintain some childish traits as well (this is most noticeable in the Mario Kart titles), thanks to her interactions with the Lumas.

The following image is just another example of the way that I tend to portray Rosalina.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Actually, Rosalina's chest looks a fair bit smaller than it actually is in most games.

The gown she's wearing clasps her breasts in pretty tightly. It's not very noticeable in most games - but in 3D World, they look really "squished up" (it's also noticeable in Smash but not as much due to the shiny texture of the gown in Smash). There is a very defined cleavage, but it looks like her breasts are being pulled up pretty tightly.

I'd reckon if she let them totally loose, they would be between a C Cup:

Or a D Cup:

She would not be spot on either end, but probably closer to a D Cup.

It should also be noted that this is assuming she is her size from 3D World (a pretty standard female size). When her regular 7'8" size is being used, they are scaled to be even bigger. Technically, they are actually really huge, even bigger than Samus'. However, in relation to the rest of her body, they are a high-moderate size.

....I actually wrote-up a piece about a pet peeve of mine - where people like to draw Peach with a high-moderate size (if not bigger), but Rosalina with a flat chest. It's actually the other way around in the Mario games (but Peach has a size more similar to Rosalina's standard in Smash Bros, maybe even slightly bigger if you scale the two ladies to be the same height as each other). I don't dislike this because I want Rosalina to be hotter or something (she automatically is to me anyway, and in NSFW art, proportions of all characters tend to be all over the place anyway because people care more about having wildly diverse body shapes and satisfying kinks/fetishes, than they do with representing characters with their canon proportions), it's because that's not how things actually are (meaning it bothers me in SFW art as opposed to NSFW, where I don't mind). Peach has more petite features and it's done that way for a reason - because she's sweet, juvenile and innocent in her personality. Rosalina, on the other hand, isn't a completely innocent figure considering she's protector of the universe and has that tragic past where part of it is her fault, and in general, has much more adult qualities, like being reserved, a maternal figure, etc. Therefore, her various "assets" are more adult in proportion, while Peach barely looks legal outside of Smash.

/characterdesigncorrections

Last edited:

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
This got kinda weird when we started talking about chest....Anyways my waifu is in Smash and that's all I need!!!!
:rosalina:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
This got kinda weird when we started talking about chest....Anyways my waifu is in Smash and that's all I need!!!!
People are always claiming Rosalina as their waifu or as waifu material, but Luma is the best waifu of all. We've seen that Lumas can transform into anything, like planets, stars, and even animals, yet people don't consider the fact that they can transform into a human (or a furry, if you're into that sort of thing) simply because it hasn't been shown or thought of. I think a properly aged Luma, like Polari (though he is old, yet wise), can be someone's waifu / husbando.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
People are always claiming Rosalina as their waifu or as waifu material, but Luma is the best waifu of all. We've seen that Lumas can transform into anything, like planets, stars, and even animals, yet people don't consider the fact that they can transform into a human (or a furry, if you're into that sort of thing) simply because it hasn't been shown or thought of. I think a properly aged Luma, like Polari (though he is old, yet wise), can be someone's waifu / husbando.
No just Rosalina............:rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina:

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Alright then, you can be with Rosalina, and I'll be with a Luma. By the way, I laughed more than I should have when I saw all the Rosalina faces in your comment. :)

It'd be nice if there were a Luma icon available.
Honestly 2 minutes after posting that I fell on the floor laughing so yea. If there was a Luma pic in there I wouldn't even care.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
But I'm in this relationship for the long haul, I'm not just in it for Rosalina's bod- *shot*

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
All joking aside, I just really like Rosalina a lot in every aspect. Aesthetic appeal, sexual appeal, emotional appeal, her personality, her backstory, her mystery, the fact that she does have some realistic flaws as a character, her potential for the future, her ability to be the best character gameplay wise in pretty much any game she appears in, etc....she really has everything, and I just freakin' love her for that! Sometimes, it's overwhelming, since I can find it difficult to pinpoint her best qualities, since everything about her is wonderfully done, to me.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
All joking aside, I just really like Rosalina a lot in every aspect. Aesthetic appeal, sexual appeal, emotional appeal, her personality, her backstory, her mystery, the fact that she does have some realistic flaws as a character, her potential for the future, her ability to be the best character gameplay wise in pretty much any game she appears in, etc....she really has everything, and I just freakin' love her for that! Sometimes, it's overwhelming, since I can find it difficult to pinpoint her best qualities, since everything about her is wonderfully done, to me.
This just about sums up my life perfectly. Rosalina is amazing.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
That Reminds me ^^Played as Rosalina a whole bunch on Mario Kart 8 today, and I earned tons of VR. What's everyone's favorite combo with Rosalina on Mario Kart 8? Mine is the Duke with slick tires and the Flower glider.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Soooo talking about breast is weird but talking about waifus isn't? ok then .....

Anyway , i always use Rosalina in the sports bike/Normal tires/Gold Glider.
Or Pipe Frame with varios combinations after that.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Soooo talking about breast is werid but talking about waifus isn't? ok then .....

Anyway , i always use Rosalina in the sports bike/Normal tires/Gold Glider.
Or Pipe Frame with varios combinations after that.
My combos:

With Frantic Items:

With Regular Items:

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
That Reminds me ^^Played as Rosalina a whole bunch on Mario Kart 8 today, and I earned tons of VR. What's everyone's favorite combo with Rosalina on Mario Kart 8? Mine is the Duke with slick tires and the Flower glider.
Recently I've been using Peach with the Standard Bike, Slick Tires and Peach Parasol but if I feel like using a kart i simply swap the Prancer with Wooden Tires in.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Actually, Rosalina's chest looks a fair bit smaller than it actually is in most games.

The gown she's wearing clasps her breasts in pretty tightly. It's not very noticeable in most games - but in 3D World, they look really "squished up" (it's also noticeable in Smash but not as much due to the shiny texture of the gown in Smash). There is a very defined cleavage, but it looks like her breasts are being pulled up pretty tightly.

I'd reckon if she let them totally loose, they would be between a C Cup:

Or a D Cup:

She would not be spot on either end, but probably closer to a D Cup.

It should also be noted that this is assuming she is her size from 3D World (a pretty standard female size). When her regular 7'8" size is being used, they are scaled to be even bigger. Technically, they are actually really huge, even bigger than Samus'. However, in relation to the rest of her body, they are a high-moderate size.

....I actually wrote-up a piece about a pet peeve of mine - where people like to draw Peach with a high-moderate size (if not bigger), but Rosalina with a flat chest. It's actually the other way around in the Mario games (but Peach has a size more similar to Rosalina's standard in Smash Bros, maybe even slightly bigger if you scale the two ladies to be the same height as each other). I don't dislike this because I want Rosalina to be hotter or something (she automatically is to me anyway, and in NSFW art, proportions of all characters tend to be all over the place anyway because people care more about having wildly diverse body shapes and satisfying kinks/fetishes, than they do with representing characters with their canon proportions), it's because that's not how things actually are (meaning it bothers me in SFW art as opposed to NSFW, where I don't mind). Peach has more petite features and it's done that way for a reason - because she's sweet, juvenile and innocent in her personality. Rosalina, on the other hand, isn't a completely innocent figure considering she's protector of the universe and has that tragic past where part of it is her fault, and in general, has much more adult qualities, like being reserved, a maternal figure, etc. Therefore, her various "assets" are more adult in proportion, while Peach barely looks legal outside of Smash.

/characterdesigncorrections
Uh... ok, now we are talking about Rosalina's breast, which is little bit awkward.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Biddybuggy makes Rosalina feel like a child again, and the Azure Roller wheels reference her dress color during the process.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The Biddybuggy makes Rosalina feel like a child again, and the Azure Roller wheels reference her dress color during the process.

I guess that I might be the only one in this forum who still haven't got a Wii U and Mario Kart 8, I hope I can get the console soon and play Mario Kart 8 with Rosalina, she's an awesome character to use.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Rosalina + Gold Standard + Slick + Cloud Glider, almost always.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina + Gold Standard + Slick + Cloud Glider, almost always.
Gold standard kart parts looks so shiny in Mario Kart 8, I don't really know how well it's mechanic is but still it looks so shiny.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
So I've been wondering about stages that benefit Rosalina. Looking at Final Destination, it benefits Rosalina & Luma well because setups between them would be pretty easy compared to stages with platforms. Luma doesn't have to move up and down that much, and Luma can always be on the opponents ground level. However, stages like battlefield serve Rosalina maybe a little bit better than Luma because she can attack and easily reach from under, and get high up with her high jumps. Although, like I said before, it doesn't seem like Luma can go under passable platforms unless he's tied to Rosalina, making setups possibly more difficult.

By the way, where would Rosalina and Luma be classified by type? Would they fall under a defense / tank character? Or maybe a pressuring character? Or even a large ranged attack type of character? Basically, what kind of fighter type or types would they be? We obviously know they're a puppeteer character, but what else?

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd probably say that Rosalina is a mix of all of the above; she's defensive, can deliver pressure, and has some long range options.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina & Luma seem like the kind of character that could excel at virtually any facet of the game, but due to how complicated they are, most players will choose a primary focus for their playstyle, be it defensive strategies involving outliving their opponent, be it a combo oriented game, be it focusing on attacking players with Luma primarily and keeping Rosalina completely out of the way, etc. However, each kind has their weaknesses, but true masters of the two who can exploit the creative potential the pairing offers, will probably be top of the class as Smash 4 players, being able to handle any situation with Rosalina & Luma.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina & Luma seem like the kind of character that could excel at virtually any facet of the game, but due to how complicated they are, most players will choose a primary focus for their playstyle, be it defensive strategies involving outliving their opponent, be it a combo oriented game, be it focusing on attacking players with Luma primarily and keeping Rosalina completely out of the way, etc. However, each kind has their weaknesses, but true masters of the two who can exploit the creative potential the pairing offers, will probably be top of the class as Smash 4 players, being able to handle any situation with Rosalina & Luma.
Yeah, but still by comparing her with other team fighters like Olimar and the Ice Climers, she doesn't have much strong attacks that can easily lauch opponets away, just like Mario back in Brawl, and she is weak agaist some heavy characters like Bowser and fast paced characters like Little Mac,Sonic and Greninja. So in my opinion, Rosalina is suitable for pros who are really good at doing combos.
Every characters all have weakness indeed, and how you overcome it is what makes you become a Smash pro.

NashRiskin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nashriskin
3DS FC
3497-1265-2606
Yeah, but still by comparing her with other team fighters like Olimar and the Ice Climers, she doesn't have much strong attacks that can easily lauch opponets away, just like Mario back in Brawl, and she is weak agaist some heavy characters like Bowser and fast paced characters like Little Mac,Sonic and Greninja. So in my opinion, Rosalina is suitable for pros who are really good at doing combos.
Every characters all have weakness indeed, and how you overcome it is what makes you become a Smash pro.
If you are talking about Rosalina alone then yes she doesn't have strong attack aside from up smash. But with Luma she has plenty of hard hitting attacks. I totally disagree that she is weak against heavy characters, in fact she seems to excel against Boswer since she can negate his bowser bomb and down air with her saturn ring. The same saturn ring also lets her juggle heavies for days. She can easily handle Little mac with a plethora of edge guarding techniques after one throw off the edge, she can also trade her Luma for one good hit or grab against Little Mac to get him off the edge and then he is toast.

Sonic I'll give you, that is a toughest match up I faced when I played at Comic Con as Rosa, and I'm not sure how the Greninja match up would play. She really doesn't play like Olimar at all and only compares to IC in and of there are two of them but Rosalina and Luma have completely different movesets and SoRo isn't at nearly as much a disadvantage as SoPo. Her biggest weakness seems to also be one of her biggest strengths at the same time, being able to track all of the information happening between Rosalina and Luma is difficult but and the ability to creatively adapt to situations and use them gives her a crazy high ceiling. How well you can handle these things determines your success with her. If you haven't read it, check out my breakdown I wrote up on her that I posted above. Seems like you may have played with her as well and would love to see if your thoughts line up with mine!

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If you are talking about Rosalina alone then yes she doesn't have strong attack aside from up smash. But with Luma she has plenty of hard hitting attacks. I totally disagree that she is weak against heavy characters, in fact she seems to excel against Boswer since she can negate his bowser bomb and down air with her saturn ring. The same saturn ring also lets her juggle heavies for days. She can easily handle Little mac with a plethora of edge guarding techniques after one throw off the edge, she can also trade her Luma for one good hit or grab against Little Mac to get him off the edge and then he is toast.

Sonic I'll give you, that is a toughest match up I faced when I played at Comic Con as Rosa, and I'm not sure how the Greninja match up would play. She really doesn't play like Olimar at all and only compares to IC in and of there are two of them but Rosalina and Luma have completely different movesets and SoRo isn't at nearly as much a disadvantage as SoPo. Her biggest weakness seems to also be one of her biggest strengths at the same time, being able to track all of the information happening between Rosalina and Luma is difficult but and the ability to creatively adapt to situations and use them gives her a crazy high ceiling. How well you can handle these things determines your success with her. If you haven't read it, check out my breakdown I wrote up on her that I posted above. Seems like you may have played with her as well and would love to see if your thoughts line up with mine!
Uh...........heh heh, to be honest here, I am a Taiwanese, not a US resident so I didn't play the demo, I just watch every Rosalina's gameplay video on Youtube. So what I my analysis are just what I watched, not played,probably I thought that Rosalina is weak against Bowser is because that I watch Bill from Nintendo Tree House using Rosalina fighting with Bowser at SDCC, probably he sucks using her so I have this thought. It seems that Bill don't know how to use her advantage. And another one with Greninja, MAN Rosalina even got a hilarious screen KO!
You had played the demo so you have more legitment than me and I bow down to you, I can not deny your analysis so of course you are right!I'm with you!

Last edited:

NashRiskin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nashriskin
3DS FC
3497-1265-2606
Uh...........heh heh, to be honest here, I am a Taiwanese, not a US resident so I didn't play the demo, I just watch every Rosalina's gameplay video on Youtube. So what I my analysis are just what I watched, not played,probably I thought that Rosalina is weak against Bowser is because that I watch Bill from Nintendo Tree House using Rosalina fighting with Bowser at SDCC, probably he sucks using her so I have this thought. It seems that Bill don't know how to use her advantage. And another one with Greninja, MAN Rosalina even got a hilarious screen KO!
You had played the demo so you have more legitment than me and I bow down to you, I can not deny your analysis so of course you are right!I'm with you!
Hahaha no worries man, in due time we will all play and have our own opinions. Hard pressed to say Bill "sucks" as Rosalina but just because he lost doesn't mean she's weak to those guys.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Hahaha no worries man, in due time we will all play and have our own opinions. Hard pressed to say Bill "sucks" as Rosalina but just because he lost doesn't mean she's weak to those guys.
It will be very interesting to see how all the other players can handle Rosalina. She'll obviously be one of the more advanced fighters if the Luma is the key to wiping out the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom