• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm not saying I wouldn't have preferred "Young Rosalina" from the storybook. I definitely would have.
Let's hope she can make it to the next Mario Kart then.
I just don't see the problem with Baby Rosalina either. She's a completely inoffensive addition.
I that case, I hope she only appears in Mario Kart and other spin -off title, just like most other baby characters...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I hope not. The way I see it, Baby Rosalina's existence ruined who Rosalina really is as a character. I don't care if it's only for spin-offs nor do I care what anyone says, I'm hoping they don't use her again.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
I never understood the pure hate for Baby Rosalina. At least she is a different model and not just a texture swap like Pink Gold Peach and Metal Mario.

She's inconsistent with the past and lore of Rosalina, but it's Mario Kart, so who cares? The story is kinda irrelevant there. Heck, Rosalina doesn't even use her powers in Mario Kart anymore. She can just be a kid that happens to look like Rosalina.

Plus, I love her facial expressions. She totally looks like she's ready to cut someone.

People got problems, that's why.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm not saying I wouldn't have preferred "Young Rosalina" from the storybook. I definitely would have.

I just don't see the problem with Baby Rosalina either. She's a completely inoffensive addition.
Maybe it's because people don't want more baby characters, and especially those who aren't cannon(Daisy idk)...but I could be wrong

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
She is inconsistent with the lore since why would she have platinum blonde hair with a big bang over her eye as a baby, then have apricot hair and a different hairstyle as a kid, and go back to the platinum blonde hair and bangs as an adult?

The bangs can be explained as a style change but the hair colour changing like that wouldn't make any sense.
Perhaps her "Storybook" look was when she had grown into a young girl and she can have a white nightgown & crown. Her baby look was when she was still undercare and her parents decides how she should look. Keep in mind that her family is of royalty and she can have gems as a baby. Her hair went through mutations as she grew up. "Her father has red hair. This means he has two copies of the recessive gene. Her mother doesn't have red hair. She has two copies of the "normal" MC1R gene. Rosalina is their daughter, and inherits one gene from each. The non-redhead dominant version drowns out the redhead version, and so River has non-red hair." is my guess at birth. So she was platinum blonde at birth. At childhood, it went through some mutation as she hits puberty. As she reach adulthood, she reverts back to her style like when she was a baby.

Or something real simple. Hair dye + New clothes + Haircut/Hairgrownth + Magical transformation = Baby Rosalina - Child Rosalina - Rosalina
I bet you wouldn't be confused about Rosalina's evolution if you were Rosalina herself. And I don't understand why Nintendo doesn't bother explaining it either.

Oh, and here is a picture predicting Rosalina's near future in Rio, it's an artwork made by Derochi. I like how the artist would make actual official picture for Rosalina at any new/upcoming games so I can see and examine Rosalina's new feature that she hasn't have before. It's quite interesting that she's getting accustom to her home planet, and I feel like the Lumas are a little left out. I hope Rio has a story so Rosalina could play a role, like the other character does in "Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games". Because let's be honest, how long has it been since Rosalina was in a story? Sm4sh or 3D World doesn't count because they're fighting (Where Rosalina only has a trailer) and platformers (Where she is just an unlockable). Stories are what first made me like Rosalina, and I wish it could still happen. Well, here's the Pic:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just highly doubt Rosalina used hair dye as a child, or even that such grounded concepts existed on her planet.

I just don't think the hair colour change would make sense. I can explain how Rosalina's hair went from apricot to platinum blonde, but it being platinum blonde as a baby seems off to me. I don't think it's supposed to make sense though. Baby Rosalina is non-canon right now and I kinda don't think she is Rosalina anyway.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I just highly doubt Rosalina used hair dye as a child, or even that such grounded concepts existed on her planet.

I just don't think the hair colour change would make sense. I can explain how Rosalina's hair went from apricot to platinum blonde, but it being platinum blonde as a baby seems off to me. I don't think it's supposed to make sense though. Baby Rosalina is non-canon right now and I kinda don't think she is Rosalina anyway.
And this image seems to agree with you:

May our past and future selves collide and save the universe, tis a "Partner in Time" reference...

Last edited:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47

I found this about once a man in green and the mother of stars, swapping colors together. She uses her magic and switch their favorite colors to the other to see what they look like in the other.
The father, weird. The mother, ok.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Did Baby Rosalina grow up drastically?! She looks quite big on that image.
I guess the babies counterpart are considered to be cute with big features such as eyes, hats, and things like that. Well, it doesn't make any sense if it were to be real/realistic. You don't suppose how Baby Rosalina grew up into Rosalina's feminine figure in such a way do you?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I guess the babies counterpart are considered to be cute with big features such as eyes, hats, and things like that. Well, it doesn't make any sense if it were to be real/realistic. You don't suppose how Baby Rosalina grew up into Rosalina's feminine figure in such a way do you?
You could probably ask that same question for all the baby characters, including Baby Mario and Baby Luigi.

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles

I found this about once a man in green and the mother of stars, swapping colors together. She uses her magic and switch their favorite colors to the other to see what they look like in the other.
The father, weird. The mother, ok.
You wouldn't think it at first, but Rosie looks pretty good as a brunette.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Regarding Baby Rosalina canon-wise, I'm not quite bothered by it as much as I should be because I feel that my Xenocide theory covers it quite succinctly.

http://smashboards.com/threads/moth...l-social-thread.324285/page-286#post-20039842

What I am more bothered by is why Bowser's Castle from Paper Mario appears in Mario Kart Super Circuit "Rainbow Road" when that is clearly not in the paper dimension, but I digress.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Or something real simple. Hair dye + New clothes + Haircut/Hairgrownth + Magical transformation = Baby Rosalina - Child Rosalina - Rosalina
I don't think any parent will dye their baby's hair...
I hope not. The way I see it, Baby Rosalina's existence ruined who Rosalina really is as a character. I don't care if it's only for spin-offs nor do I care what anyone says, I'm hoping they don't use her again.
I can't agreed with you much more. I hope they won't have her in every Mario spin-off titles.
Maybe it's because people don't want more baby characters, and especially those who aren't cannon(Daisy idk)...but I could be wrong
That's one of the reason.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Uh, I just think that she got platinum blonde hairs after accepting to become a mother, in fact the third-to-last image of the storybook

She has light hairs, less faded dress and I think lighter eyes, compared to the rest of the book

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't think any parent will dye their baby's hair...

I can't agreed with you much more. I hope they won't have her in every Mario spin-off titles.

That's one of the reason.
A made up guess ends up as one of the answers...awesome

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
i enjoyed how they slammed Baby Rosalina in that other video.

She is literally the worst character in Mario Kart 8. Pink Gold Peach is terrible, but looking that MM returned , it was only fair for them to add a ''partner'' to him , and because Nintendo clearly got lazy when it came to the final 2 characters in the final roster of the base game.

Baby Rosalina is horrible , because:

1) The pure idea of another baby is really stupid

2) Clearly shows that they didn't even care about Rosalina's roots .

3) Baby Peach copycat , just like Baby Daisy. They already had that bad idea in MKWii , and now they did it again in MK8.

Other stuff that go along with the statement , is that she is a lightweight , a weight class at disadvantage in the game.

They even confused it even more with her having a slightly filtered voice , while Rosalina does not. How is that even possible?

She is horrible , worst than any other baby. Even Baby DK would have been better as he is unique.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Hey guys! I've never posted here before but I lurked so much on this thread. Rosalina's my main and I loved her sincethe first SMG. I hope I will have a good stay here :D

Oh, and I have this awesome screenshot of Rosalina going Berserk:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Hey guys! I've never posted here before but I lurked so much on this thread. Rosalina's my main and I loved her sincethe first SMG. I hope I will have a good stay here :D

Welcome and enjoy! This is certainly a fun place to be.

Ooh, a new Mario Galaxy remix video just got made by a very underrated YouTuber. He does really cool mashups of games and remixes a lot of the sounds and dialogue.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Make yourself at home. :)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Welcome young one

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47

I another one with the sisters switching colors, together XD
Big blonde with the pink, I say ok and good with the pink on her dress and while the little one looks good.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Anyone who watches wrestling remember this totally completely safe and normal moment in WCW?

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
So Game Grumps finally beat Super Mario Galaxy after 84 episodes and lots of deaths and then backing out on completing the game again. And they NEVER read Rosalina's storybook! That by far was the biggest injustice in that playthrough.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Welcome to Rosalina thread!

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Thanks guys for your welcome! :)

Welcome and enjoy! This is certainly a fun place to be.

Ooh, a new Mario Galaxy remix video just got made by a very underrated YouTuber. He does really cool mashups of games and remixes a lot of the sounds and dialogue.
This remix is sooooo awesome!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In another thread, we were doing MVC style win quotes for Smash characters, and I did some for Rosalina.

:4mario:: "You shine as brightly as ever, like a Super Star!"
:4luigi:: "You don't need to live in your brothers shadow. You are your own star..."
:4peach:: "The special ruler of the Mushroom Kingdom...as adoring as ever, I see!"
:4bowser:: "I've let you have your fun for quite a while, but now it's time for a lesson from someone who has experience looking after entire universes."
:4bowserjr:: "I know you're a good child who just wants to do his father proud...but he has set you on a wary path."
:4yoshi:: "I must admit, a ride with you would be quite a thrill!"
:4drmario:: "Do you have any medicine for sick Lumas?"
:4link:: "Your adamant will...it feels...familiar, somehow...
:4zelda:: "You hold great wisdom, Princess of Hyrule, but there is still so much you are unaware of in the vast cosmos..."
:4sheik:: "Maybe if I took off my gown I could move around like you do! I need to use my legs more..."
:4ganondorf:: "Power without a purpose will only destroy you..."
:4tlink:: "So determined to protect what is important...yet such an adorable little child!"
:4kirby:: "You're the Lumas' favourite playmate, you know!"
:4metaknight:: "I have watched your efforts for a long time, Star Warrior, and I commend them. It is an honour for my children to spar with you."
:4dedede:: "...Luma, his belly isn't a trampoline!"
:4mewtwo:: "I sense a great sadness within you...please, if you ever need someone to talk to, come to my Observatory. Constant aggression will only make your pain run deeper..."
:4myfriends:: "I feel a radiance within you that's as powerful as the largest sun in all the cosmos..."
:4lucina:: "I completely understand why you want to change the fate of your special ones, but sometimes it's best to just accept what has happened for what it is...don't make the same mistake I once did..."
:4feroy:: "I feel a fiery passion within you, fierce as a burning star..."
:4gaw:: "...I get the impression you don't quite belong in this dimension. Would you like me to help you get home?"
:4olimar:: "You work your tiny companions too hard and rely on them too much. I hope you can come to a better understanding of them someday."
:4samus:: "I've heard of your great deeds of justice within many a galaxy, and I thank you for being a fellow protector of the cosmos..."
:4zss:: "...oh, so THAT'S why some people mistake me for you!"
:4fox:: "The Lylat System shouldn't need me to protect it with you around!"
:4falco:: "You've had your rebellious moments, but I am still happy you fight for a good cause in the end..."
:4pit:: "Do you serve your goddess out of compassion, or fear?"
:4palutena:: "You know, I'd be willing to lend you a hand if the other gods prove troublesome for you...the offer has been there for centuries..."
:4darkpit:: "Did Pit make contact with a Prankster Comet, I wonder?"
:4wiifit:: "Are you still taking lessons? Mario has invited me to compete in a tennis tournament and an Olympic tournament, you see, and I hear you're a fantastic trainer..."
:4megaman:: "A cold robot on the surface, but I sense a warm heart and a child-like innocence inside of you..."
:4sonic:: "Watching you spin through the air is like watching the shooting stars!"
:4pacman:: "In my eternity of travelling the cosmos, I've...never seen a Luma quite like this before..."
:4ryu:: "Legends of you inspire fighters throughout the cosmos...I can see now with certainty, that you are more than just a legend."
:4lucas:: "Please don't be scared, child...I will take care of you, as I do the Lumas..."
:4cloud:: "You seem just like you did in a previous cycle of the cosmos..."
:rosalina:: "I've never run into a clone of myself from a Prankster Comet before...how peculiar that this is the first time!"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
In another thread, we were doing MVC style win quotes for Smash characters, and I did some for Rosalina.

:4mario:: "You shine as brightly as ever, like a Super Star!"
:4luigi:: "You don't need to live in your brothers shadow. You are your own star..."
:4peach:: "The special ruler of the Mushroom Kingdom...as adoring as ever, I see!"
:4bowser:: "I've let you have your fun for quite a while, but now it's time for a lesson from someone who has experience looking after entire universes."
:4bowserjr:: "I know you're a good child who just wants to do his father proud...but he has set you on a wary path."
:4yoshi:: "I must admit, a ride with you would be quite a thrill!"
:4drmario:: "Do you have any medicine for sick Lumas?"
:4link:: "Your adamant will...it feels...familiar, somehow...
:4zelda:: "You hold great wisdom, Princess of Hyrule, but there is still so much you are unaware of in the vast cosmos..."
:4sheik:: "Maybe if I took off my gown I could move around like you do! I need to use my legs more..."
:4ganondorf:: "Power without a purpose will only destroy you..."
:4tlink:: "So determined to protect what is important...yet such an adorable little child!"
:4kirby:: "You're the Lumas' favourite playmate, you know!"
:4metaknight:: "I have watched your efforts for a long time, Star Warrior, and I commend them. It is an honour for my children to spar with you."
:4dedede:: "...Luma, his belly isn't a trampoline!"
:4mewtwo:: "I sense a great sadness within you...please, if you ever need someone to talk to, come to my Observatory. Constant aggression will only make your pain run deeper..."
:4myfriends:: "I feel a radiance within you that's as powerful as the largest sun in all the cosmos..."
:4lucina:: "I completely understand why you want to change the fate of your special ones, but sometimes it's best to just accept what has happened for what it is...don't make the same mistake I once did..."
:4feroy:: "I feel a fiery passion within you, fierce as a burning star..."
:4gaw:: "...I get the impression you don't quite belong in this dimension. Would you like me to help you get home?"
:4olimar:: "You work your tiny companions too hard and rely on them too much. I hope you can come to a better understanding of them someday."
:4samus:: "I've heard of your great deeds of justice within many a galaxy, and I thank you for being a fellow protector of the cosmos..."
:4zss:: "...oh, so THAT'S why some people mistake me for you!"
:4fox:: "The Lylat System shouldn't need me to protect it with you around!"
:4falco:: "You've had your rebellious moments, but I am still happy you fight for a good cause in the end..."
:4pit:: "Do you serve your goddess out of compassion, or fear?"
:4palutena:: "You know, I'd be willing to lend you a hand if the other gods prove troublesome for you...the offer has been there for centuries..."
:4darkpit:: "Did Pit make contact with a Prankster Comet, I wonder?"
:4wiifit:: "Are you still taking lessons? Mario has invited me to compete in a tennis tournament and an Olympic tournament, you see, and I hear you're a fantastic trainer..."
:4megaman:: "A cold robot on the surface, but I sense a warm heart and a child-like innocence inside of you..."
:4sonic:: "Watching you spin through the air is like watching the shooting stars!"
:4pacman:: "In my eternity of travelling the cosmos, I've...never seen a Luma quite like this before..."
:4ryu:: "Legends of you inspire fighters throughout the cosmos...I can see now with certainty, that you are more than just a legend."
:4lucas:: "Please don't be scared, child...I will take care of you, as I do the Lumas..."
:4cloud:: "You seem just like you did in a previous cycle of the cosmos..."
:rosalina:: "I've never run into a clone of myself from a Prankster Comet before...how peculiar that this is the first time!"
Pit needs to do some explaning
Pittoo just got owned

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33

Greetings, I have hope you haven't forgotten me, ruler of Ice/Snow and Cosmos, guardian of the coldest side of the galaxy. I am Elsalina, and what honor can I do you for visiting this thread? I hope you have a good time here, and that you will make new conversations. Don't worry, no one ever bullies here or use excessive cursing (Much) here. It's an appropriate website for people who simply enjoy game or want to talk. I would recommend reading the rules before applying anything else. And that is all I have to say, and I wish you good luck on your journey. *WHOOSH*

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Greetings, I have hope you haven't forgotten me, ruler of Ice/Snow and Cosmos, guardian of the coldest side of the galaxy. I am Elsalina, and what honor can I do you for visiting this thread? I hope you have a good time here, and that you will make new conversations. Don't worry, no one ever bullies here or use excessive cursing (Much) here. It's an appropriate website for people who simplly enjoy game or want to talk. I would recommend reading the rules before applying anything else. And that is all I have to say, and I wish you good luck on your journey. *WHOOSH*
You don't lead us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom