• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm thinking about switching to the Wii U Pro controller to play Smash instead of the GameCube controller.
Just like my brother, he seems to prefer the Wii U pro controller than GC controller. And to my surprise, he plays great.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Just leaving this there.

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/666692545360080896

I realized in the answers section that some people didn't know Rosalina could float.
I mean, yeah people certainly discovered her more in Mario Kart, games she never floats in (except MKWii by winning with her dress), but c'mon... It's so basic for her. I wonder how much people misunderstand her ("a lot" not being an answer to this).

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Does anybody have your internet lagging your matches in a row(sorta) and sometimes mess up your input and gameplay?

On Smash Ladder, first I went Pikachu, then Rosalina against Lucario. The matches aren't bad until it was laggy and the internet keeps messing up my inputs and I couldn't play and punish correctly. After that, it end up costing me up some matches.
In relation to that topic, does anyone know why when you play multiplayer with friends/family, the Wii U console turns off? It happens to me, and it frustrates me. It works perfectly fine when I play myself but with multiplayer, it just turns off... And some problems with my 3DS, the R button does not function as it should. And there is no calibrate option for it. It's like my game consoles is messing with me. To the point where I am willing to throw them out the window, it's like they're showing signs of dissing me. If anyone can tell me of anyway to fix this, I am more than thankful. I truly am concerned about my consoles...

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33

Everyone is cheating on each other for Rosalina.
Wow, did you know that The Ankle Destroyer made Rosalina as a new model for SM64? I'd like to download this mod except I don't know what platform it is being played on... I only have SM64 for my Wii mode. Imagine if Nintendo actually make Rosalina playable as an official SM64 character. Might as well look like this:

In relation to that topic, does anyone know why when you play multiplayer with friends/family, the Wii U console turns off? It happens to me, and it frustrates me. It works perfectly fine when I play myself but with multiplayer, it just turns off... And some problems with my 3DS, the R button does not function as it should. And there is no calibrate option for it. It's like my game consoles is messing with me. To the point where I am willing to throw them out the window, it's like they're showing signs of dissing me. If anyone can tell me of anyway to fix this, I am more than thankful. I truly am concerned about my consoles...
And I still need help with this, just putting it here to not let it go obscure.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wow, did you know that The Ankle Destroyer made Rosalina as a new model for SM64? I'd like to download this mod except I don't know what platform it is being played on... I only have SM64 for my Wii mode. Imagine if Nintendo actually make Rosalina playable as an official SM64 character. Might as well look like this:

And I still need help with this, just putting it here to not let it go obscure.
That looks more like a blow up doll than the real deal. :V

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I did actually read a Porteguese article (using Google Translate) about Rosalina replacing Peach that went up recently.

http://www.nintendoblast.com.br/2015/11/ascensao-rosalina-ameaca-protagonismo-peach.html

I don't think Rosalina will replace Peach, and I don't really want her too. As far as I'm concerned, she has a far better role than Peach does, so I don't want them to make her a princess or even make her be kidnapped or in distress in general.

If we're just talking in terms of "the main female of the series" and not in terms of her literal role in relation to Mario, then I actually DO think she could rise up over Peach. I mean she definitely has been promoted more heavily than Peach has been as of late, without question, and in some cases, even more so than Mario himself. If Rosalina gets her own series or even game (assuming it's something fairly big) then she instantly becomes the most promo-table Nintendo female there and then.

In terms of popularity, I'm pretty sure she already has surpassed Peach since a while ago. Though that isn't hard to do. Peach never was super popular, she was just well known (and still is, more so than Rosalina, but being around for 30 years kinda does that).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I was exhausted and fed up and it was quite laggy and I was being a bit sloppy too but I feel I did pretty well in this match against a Villager regardless.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I got curious and attempted to translate the Japanese Palutena's Guidance for Rosalina using that method I used for that 30th Anniversary Mario Encyclopedia.

The online translators give me a load of gibberish mostly, so I couldn't even understand half of it. But I was able to make sense of a few things:

-Palutena definitely calls Rosalina "the witch of the Comet Observatory"

-Viridi definitely replies with something along the lines of "Hey, hey! If she's a witch, that'd make you a witch too!"

-Pit appears to wonder what the small star thing with her is. Palutena tells him it's called a Luma. Viridi then references the storybook, saying that Rosalina once traveled the universe just to help a Luma find it's mother.

-I think Pit then comments on Luma looking weak or something. Viridi replies calling him an idiot (she says "Baka!" which I know is Japanese for "idiot", that's something you can clearly hear), and says something about Luma. Pit then replies with some kind of shocked expression, which is interesting as it isn't used in the English version of the conversation (you can notice throughout that the order of speaking and what not is different to the English version):

-I can't really make sense of it past that, but I think Palutena mentions that Rosalina can summon as many Lumas as she wants or something like that, at one point. Also something about the Lumas always being willing to fight by Rosalina's side, like the English version.

Here's the Japanese text if anyone wants to use it (it's a little off from the images in some cases I think, though):

Palutena: ぁれはーまラき星の天文台ーこ住む魔女
ロせ `y タ ですね。

Viridi: L丶ゃL丶ゃ、 ロせ`yタが魔女だと言うなら
ぜ丿レダもそなたも廣女でぁろう!

Pit: 星の子のような生き物が
つL丶て回ってL丶ますープど。

Palutena: ぁれーさチコです。

Viridi: ロせ`yターさチコたちのママがわりとなって
宇宙を旅してあるそうじゃ。

Pit: それだープ闔くとL丶Lゝ丿丶ナシですーナと
戦禮慧B寺のチコの扱L丶、 なヵ丶なカ丶手荒ですね。

Viridi: まぁたくさんおるようじゃし、 ちょっとぐらLゝ
L丶なくなっても佇n守題なL丶のじゃろう。

Pit: なL丶のカ丶`y!?

Palutena: チコーさ囗ぜ`ジタを守るためーこ全カを尽〈 してきます。

Palutena: ェヌ撃カーさ低L丶ーナと
,3丶っとーまし力ーさ結纉あるヵ丶ら要董主慧ですね。

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So I got curious and attempted to translate the Japanese Palutena's Guidance for Rosalina using that method I used for that 30th Anniversary Mario Encyclopedia.

The online translators give me a load of gibberish mostly, so I couldn't even understand half of it. But I was able to make sense of a few things:

-Palutena definitely calls Rosalina "the witch of the Comet Observatory"

-Viridi definitely replies with something along the lines of "Hey, hey! If she's a witch, that'd make you a witch too!"

-Pit appears to wonder what the small star thing with her is. Palutena tells him it's called a Luma. Viridi then references the storybook, saying that Rosalina once traveled the universe just to help a Luma find it's mother.

-I think Pit then comments on Luma looking weak or something. Viridi replies calling him an idiot (she says "Baka!" which I know is Japanese for "idiot", that's something you can clearly hear), and says something about Luma. Pit then replies with some kind of shocked expression, which is interesting as it isn't used in the English version of the conversation (you can notice throughout that the order of speaking and what not is different to the English version):

-I can't really make sense of it past that, but I think Palutena mentions that Rosalina can summon as many Lumas as she wants or something like that, at one point. Also something about the Lumas always being willing to fight by Rosalina's side, like the English version.

Here's the Japanese text if anyone wants to use it:
I find this better than Pittoo's english guidance

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I wish I've had my head phones to hear it. Its been a while since I watch Super Mario 64 videos like those and I stop on Super Mario atonement, I think.
I think only Peach's voice actor suits the best, and Toad... gosh, how can you say all those **** to Rosalina. I think this video's creator is on the right point, Rosalina has no affection to anyone, she's a mother afterall.

Last edited:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
I think only Peach's voice actor suits the best, and Toad... gosh, how can you say all those **** to Rosalina. I think this video's creator is on the right point, Rosalina has no affection to anyone, she's a mother afterall.
I'm not sure about Mario & Luigi's voice on that video, but if you ever saw Mario vs Evil Santa 3, Christmas in July, then you might see different voice actors on Mario & Luigi. Especially Luigi's, because I think the guy named Megaman765, did a great job on him.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
It means they're closed. People can't post in them anymore.
Oh, I see:

Every night in my dreams
I see you, I feel you
That is how I know you go on

Far across the distance
And spaces between us
You have come to show you go on

Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart
And my heart will go on and on

Love can touch us one time
And last for a lifetime
And never let go till we're gone
Love was when I loved you
One true time I hold to
In my life we'll always go on

You're here, there's nothing I fear
And I know that my heart will go on
We'll stay forever this way
You are safe in my heart
And my heart will go on and on.
-Céline Dion

(Just cause...)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Oh, I see:

Every night in my dreams
I see you, I feel you
That is how I know you go on

Far across the distance
And spaces between us
You have come to show you go on

Love can touch us one time
And last for a lifetime
And never let go till we're gone
Love was when I loved you
One true time I hold to
In my life we'll always go on

You're here, there's nothing I fear
And I know that my heart will go on
We'll stay forever this way
You are safe in my heart
And my heart will go on and on.
-Céline Dion

(Just cause...)
Now I have that sudden urge to watch Titanic again after reading the lyrics...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom