• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't intend to continue discussing it, hence the closing line and move away to discuss something else. I already know the drill.

----------------------------------------

Here's a silly little picture I took while I was taking some other silly little pictures.

Looks like Falco is the prey this time. :o

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
What the model depicts isn't the issue, as I said, it's the focus on the image that matters.

EX. I want to use a character with a skirt and bicycle shorts as an avi. If I framed it in such a way where the focus is clearly on the below skirt part, I'd very likely be asked to change it, even though it's not showing anything. It's about the implied message though.

The way those shots are being framed are done in a way that sexualizes the character. Just because she has nothing there doesn't just mean it's ok.
As long as it doesn't really focus on a certain part and of course, not NSFW I'm fine.
To change the subject, today is the 1st anniversary of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U's official release. Boy, time sure does fly.
It's even more longer if you count Smash 3DS Japanese release.
If you would like to continue to discuss this with the staff, please make a thread in Forum Support.

Any further discussion about this topic in this thread will result in infractions, as this is not the place to be talking about it.
Okay... two administrators are coming to this thread and talk about this issue, is it that big of a deal? I agree that we should have to the forum support to discuss this, but I doubt if forum support can really be that helpful...
I don't intend to continue discussing it, hence the closing line and move away to discuss something else. I already know the drill.
So have you ever discuss this in the forum support before?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So have you ever discuss this in the forum support before?
Yes, but it doesn't result in much of a discussion, simply being told stuff you should have been told in the first place.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
So... about that 1 year anniversary of Smash Wii U. Who would've thought we'd see a game like this with all the DLC and balance patches even post release? Also, today is the 1 year anniversary of amiibo. Thankfully, we are far away from the dark days of amiibo hunting regarding the majority of them. And love the changes to the game or hate them, the game sure has come a long way. With the Smash Broadcast being on the way next month, who knows what Daddy Sakurai will do next?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Also, today is the 1 year anniversary of amiibo.
Which is bewildering for me to think about, considering I have every Smash Amiibo including Fami-R.O.B, some duplicates, and some non-Smash Amiibo.

I've easily spent more than €1,000 on these things.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So... about that 1 year anniversary of Smash Wii U. Who would've thought we'd see a game like this with all the DLC and balance patches even post release? Also, today is the 1 year anniversary of amiibo. Thankfully, we are far away from the dark days of amiibo hunting regarding the majority of them. And love the changes to the game or hate them, the game sure has come a long way. With the Smash Broadcast being on the way next month, who knows what Daddy Sakurai will do next?
Noone would've expected alot of the thinges Smash 4 has done

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Which is bewildering for me to think about, considering I have every Smash Amiibo including Fami-R.O.B, some duplicates, and some non-Smash Amiibo.

I've easily spent more than €1,000 on these things.
Oh man, I really hope I can make enough money to buy amiibos, at least that's my future plan.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm happy with the ones I have now. Getting the ones I don't really want, such as the commons, is a waste of my hard working money.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm happy with the ones I have now. Getting the ones I don't really want, such as the commons, is a waste of my hard working money.
The rare amiibos are the best ones

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The rare amiibos are the best ones
I don't really just buy the rare ones, I buy the rare ones that I like first, such as :rosalina::4darkpit::4shulk::4myfriends:and :4marth: which my brother bought it. I was planning to buy either :4villager: or :4palutena: (I also consider buying :4miibrawl: and :4tlink:), but due to money shortage, I'm not gonna buy any amiibo this month. Afterall, I already got :4gaw::4duckhunt::4rob:(Retro three pack) and Classic 8-bit :4mario:.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Pit, Rosalina, Captain Falcon, Megaman, amiibos like these are the best ones. Can't think of any other rare amiibos, to many.
The 30th Anniversary Mario amiibo can be quite rare if you're looking for the modern color. The classic color is a tad more common to find at retail stores, but you'll probably never get the modern color without doing some online shopping at Amazon.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The 30th Anniversary Mario amiibo can be quite rare if you're looking for the modern color. The classic color is a tad more common to find at retail stores, but you'll probably never get the modern color without doing some online shopping at Amazon.
I did saw the modern one near my local store.

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
I only have 8 amiibo at the moment, don't really plan on getting more (except maybe Cloud =D)

Rosalina - Andromeda
Bowser - Gojira
Luigi - Ghostbustr
Greninja - TasteBuddy
Lucario - Anubis
Ganondorf - Disrespect
Zero Suit Samus - Bombshell
Little Mac - Ippo

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I did say "probably", so there can be some exceptions, depending on your location.
Well, you are right, you can pretty much find those amiibos that are consider rare in the western countries, but I had heard many rare amiibos are being restocked so I'm sure modern 8 bit Mario will be easy to get soon.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That one to. Not sure if this is true, but I heard that amiibos in general are becoming less rare everyday now.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That one to. Not sure if this is true, but I heard that amiibos in general are becoming less rare everyday now.
Some of them will probably never see the light of day outside of online shopping though. The Rosalina amiibo is an obvious example, since it's a Target-exclusive product in North America, and that store has stopped distributing them; it's not even advertised at Target stores anymore.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Some of them will probably never see the light of day outside of online shopping though. The Rosalina amiibo is an obvious example, since it's a Target-exclusive product in North America, and that store has stopped distributing them; it's not even advertised at Target stores anymore.
Well there's always the internet

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
With the Smash Broadcast being on the way next month, who knows what Daddy Sakurai will do next?
If empathy wasn't a thing I'd probably say the billion of things coming in my mind, but actually I just hope that he gets the rest he deserved for so long, he has just done way more what he had to.
And for some reason there are people who think that the DLC he does should be free, but that's another story.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If empathy wasn't a thing I'd probably say the billion of things coming in my mind, but actually I just hope that he gets the rest he deserved for so long, he has just done way more what he had to.
And for some reason there are people who think that the DLC he does should be free, but that's another story.
It would depend on what the dlc is

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If the DLC is free, it wouldn't even count as DLC at all. The Miiverse stage is part of the 1.0.8 update for Smash Wii U after all.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If the DLC is free, it wouldn't even count as DLC at all. The Miiverse stage is part of the 1.0.8 update for Smash Wii U after all.
You can still have free DLC listings on the eShop, actually. For example, the Yoshi and Zelda levels in Sonic Lost World.

-----------

Some pages of the 30th Anniversary Mario Enyclopedia came out and Rosalina is on the character one.

000.jpg.jpg

A translation of her little info thing beside her would be cool, if anyone is capable of it.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
So far, I got 12 amiibos and there are :4luigi:,:4mario:,:4kirby:,:4pikachu:,:rosalina:,:4palutena:,:4link:,:4tlink:,:4sonic:,:4peach:,:4zelda:,and:4bowser:.

I can't get other amiibos that I want from online such as :4lucina:,:4robinf:,:4falcon:,:4myfriends:,:4jigglypuff:,:4ness:,:4metaknight:,and:4shulk: because I have a job now, I want to get Ultra Smash and maybe another game, and I need to save money for christmas so I can only get :4drmario:and:4zss: which I'll get first, then maybe :4yoshi: and :4lucas:.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I tried translating that thing using a tool that extracts text from images and this is what I got:

"Rose~tsu 5
Travel the universe
The mystery of miscellaneous Ma
'丿OR Koc Metropolitan Government and
Today this ' Obororu
Kotomoaru ."

The first little bit sounds familiar enough, but the rest of it...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So far, I got 12 amiibos and there are :4luigi:,:4mario:,:4kirby:,:4pikachu:,:rosalina:,:4palutena:,:4link:,:4tlink:,:4sonic:,:4peach:,:4zelda:,and:4bowser:.

I can't get other amiibos that I want from online such as :4lucina:,:4robinf:,:4falcon:,:4myfriends:,:4jigglypuff:,:4ness:,:4metaknight:,and:4shulk: because I have a job now, I want to get Ultra Smash and maybe another game, and I need to save money for christmas so I can only get :4drmario:and:4zss: which I'll get first, then maybe :4yoshi: and :4lucas:.
I can't wait for the :4ryu: amiibo. That one will sadly sellout though

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The amiibo collections I have now and their names are:

:4link: (Peter)
:rosalina: (Sabrina)
:4megaman: (Riley)
:4myfriends: (Leroy)
:4shulk: (Donald)
:4lucina: (Taylor)
:4robinf: (Chelsea)
:4fox: (Wilson)
:4falco: (Joseph)

Out of the amiibos currently out now, the only one I have missing is :4littlemac:, which I would name him "Oscar" if only I could find him somewhere other than eBay. From the DLCs, I'm probably gonna get :4feroy:, :4ryu:, :4cloud: and hopefully, if he's confirmed, :wolf:.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
All the amiibos I have are

:4pit:-Pitty Pat
Leonardo
Donatello
Raphael
Michelangelo

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
The amiibo collections I have now and their names are:

:4link: (Peter)
:rosalina: (Sabrina)
:4megaman: (Riley)
:4myfriends: (Leroy)
:4shulk: (Donald)
:4lucina: (Taylor)
:4robinf: (Chelsea)
:4fox: (Wilson)
:4falco: (Joseph)

Out of the amiibos currently out now, the only one I have missing is :4littlemac:, which I would name him "Oscar" if only I could find him somewhere other than eBay. From the DLCs, I'm probably gonna get :4feroy:, :4ryu:, :4cloud: and hopefully, if he's confirmed, :wolf:.
Nice names; My amiibos' names are.
:4luigi:: Ghost
:4mario:: Wolverine
:4kirby:: LL cool jr
:4pikachu:: Sabretooth
:rosalina:: Jenny
:4link:: Stringer
:4tlink:: Sam
:4sonic:: The flash
:4peach:: Katherine
:4zelda:: White White

Once I get :4drmario:, my Mario bros collection will be complete and his name will be the "Boss" with purple color.

I can't wait for the :4ryu: amiibo. That one will sadly sellout though
Probadly will because of his population. I hope Lucas won't be hard to get as well when he come out.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I haven't even named half of my Amiibos, haha.

I'll just say my Rosalina is called "Rosie&Jim".

EDIT: Game Grumps are doing a Mario Party 10 playthrough and they set Peach and Rosalina as the CPUs, with Peach on Very Hard and Rosalina on Easy.

...aaaaand best girl has still been in the lead since the start. :p

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You can still have free DLC listings on the eShop, actually. For example, the Yoshi and Zelda levels in Sonic Lost World.
True, but in most cases, free DLC doesn't exist, as the new contents are usually part of a software update, which is the case with Mario Kart 8's 200cc, and Smash Wii U's Miiverse stage.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
True, but in most cases, free DLC doesn't exist, as the new contents are usually part of a software update, which is the case with Mario Kart 8's 200cc, and Smash Wii U's Miiverse stage.
It really just depends on the game. I've seen tons of games put free DLC on their respective digital stores. There is no real rule for it, some developers will put free content on the store and you still have to manually download it, others simply release a patch that comes with the free content anyway.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nice names; My amiibos' names are.
:4luigi:: Ghost
:4mario:: Wolverine
:4kirby:: LL cool jr
:4pikachu:: Sabretooth
:rosalina:: Jenny
:4link:: Stringer
:4tlink:: Sam
:4sonic:: The flash
:4peach:: Katherine
:4zelda:: White White

Once I get :4drmario:, my Mario bros collection will be complete and his name will be the "Boss" with purple color.

Probadly will because of his population. I hope Lucas won't be hard to get as well when he come out.
You might've jinxed it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom