• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Think anyone can top this "Cute Rosalina"? I honestly believe that Peach is supposed to be the "cute" one but, Rosalina is more of the wise and sophisticated type to me. This is fantastic and her Ponytail is kind of like Shantae's.

Sorry, please don't give me an infraction but I don't know how to put it in the spoilers box... (Never mind, now I know.)
Rosalina almost feels like an ocean queen with that outfit.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That's kinda untrue. Rosalina struggles against both of them.
:4sheik:: Sheik has a slighty advantage on Rosalina because of superior frame data, tools like f-air and needles to get rid of Luma quick, can exploit Rosalina's recovery more than the goddess, combo food for Sheik due to tall hurtbox, less punishable, can pressure and rushdown Rosalina, and can juggle her too. The only things that Rosalina has is range, combing Sheik due to her falling speed, and better kill potential.

:4zss:: While the mu isn't bad for Rosalina, it s not good for her either. ZZS's tools can get rid of Luma quick; Rosalina's aerials and air game are outclassed by ZZS because of n-air, z-air, neutral-b, and back-air. Plus, Rosalina is combo food, has a hard time escaping pressure, her up-airs combos & to boost kick and being rushed down. Plus, she gets juggled hard and ZZS can give her a hard time landing since she's quick on foot and Rosalina's floaty. Again, ZZS can exploit her recovery more than Rosalina can. While Rosalina can kill better, ZZS can get early kills as well since they're both light. You're gonna have to keep Luma while zoning ZZS out and getting the damage in. ZZS's advantage is bigger against Rosalina than Sheik. If you watch tournament videos on Nario vs Dabuz, then you'll see more depth on the mu in competitive play.
...You've pretty much just demonstrated that you personally don't know how to handle either of those MUs, not that they are actually bad. No offense.

In fact all you really did here was list Sheik and ZSS's generic strengths (Sheik has superior frame data to everyone in the game but that on it's own isn't everything, for example) and assume that Rosalina can't handle them, rather than actually give any particular reason why Rosalina would struggle against them.

Rosalina can actually rival Sheik's frame data because Lunar Landing aerials is a thing and those can immediately be followed up on by Rosalina, especially if Sheik actually goes to hit Luma, and most of Rosalina's (and some of Luma's) moves literally go right through Sheik's anyway. In particular, throwing out N-air for days works wonders, since that move has very little landing lag and covers Rosalina from all sides with Luma around. Also needles are not effective against Rosalina, Luma can wall them out, they can be GP'd, and they actually have quite a bit of end lag so she can't follow up on Rosalina GP'ing if she's too far, and Rosalina can actually punish Sheik for using needles if she is close and lets Luma sponge the needles. So Sheik's zoning game (actually one of her biggest assets, it's largely what helps her get in at characters), is pretty much useless in the MU. Against a character that outranges her and can rival her frame data with various tricks, and a character she has to really work to get in at, it's difficult to say Sheik can have the advantage here. It could be considered even but if any character has the slight advantage here, it's easily Rosalina. Rosalina just has all of the defensive tools she needs to deal with a Sheik onslaught, and half of the time that doesn't matter as Sheik has trouble getting in at Rosalina to begin with, due to Rosalina outranging her and always having the ability to have a hitbox out that beats any of Sheik's. And of course, being able to KO Sheik way earlier and easier than Sheik can KO Rosalina, is a big plus for Rosalina too. It's not an easy MU for Rosalina per se, and I can understand why people might have trouble her as Rosalina, but if you know what you're doing, Rosalina really has the upper hand here.

ZSS is more or less the same deal only she has even less going for her. ZSS's paralysis shots can not only be GP'd, but their hitbox actually remains active and then switches ownership to Rosalina. This means that once again, ZSS's projectile is useless and in this case, can actually backfire if she goes in for a punish in a lot of cases, and it actually paralyses her. ZSS also has no truly effective means of shield pressure, and her grab is easy to read and punish. ZSS's Down B is perfectly countered by Rosalina shielding and U-tilting too, especially with Luma. I also find it's easy to mess ZSS up by separating Luma often and quickly and intelligently maneuvering him about so he can punish her and be ready for combos, since she's going to attempt to space you out a lot, especially with Z-air. And in general, a well spaced Luma will do way more for Rosalina than any of ZSS's tools will for her.

I could go way more in-depth, especially on ZSS, but in general MU discussions aren't my thing anymore since I know how the players on the Rosalina boards play way too similarly to each other with a limited play style (thus they don't play with he kind of play style I do), and in general the attitude of non-Rosalina mains always saying their character is an underdog against her being a prevalent one. This is also the social thread, so...

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
I would be friends with all of them in this order from least to greatest: :4drmario::4falcon::4pikachu::4palutena::4myfriends::4luigi::rosalina:
Dr. Mario could be the geek friend type where we hang out and do nerd stuff. Captain Falcon would be a great buddy to work out with and we can help each other become stronger. Pikachu would be like a cute little pet to snuggle with and comes with convenient perks like being my own generator essentially to make my life easier. Palutena would be a great playful friend who is a very caring person and also has good humor. She'd probably also tease me from time to time, not that I'm complaining. Ike would be a great part of my team where whatever we do, we do it for our friends. And together, we ride. Luigi is one of the best kinds of friends to have. We would always be awesome and number one. I'd surely be best of the best friends with Rosalina absolutely. She'd be such a special friend who's kind, loving, and with a nurturing personality. Absolutely every moment spent with Rosalina would be the best.
If you go to medical school, he'll help you ace your school faster than the speed of light.
:4falcon:, if master by him, then I get to Falcon punch somebody in the face.
:4villager:: Be careful being to be friends with him because he'll sent you to the shadow realm.
:rosalina:: Yup, good and kind loving friend. Luigi too, but not that kind of way.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
On the "Smash friends" thing:

:4sonic:Best buddy
:4yoshi:Would be like a pet dog
:4mewtwo:We could talk about profound topics of the existential nature together
:4kirby:He is a bundle of happiness so anyone can be his friend
:4pacman:Similar to Kirby
:4fox::4falco:Tech homies
:4luigi:We can be awkward together
:rosalina:*implying I would want to be just friends with Rosalina if she were real ;)*

EDIT:

Wow, it's like Rosalina is the only main series character being left out of this game.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Who were we talking about?

Hulk Hogan
Sounds about right.
More Smash friends for the rest of my mains:
:4falco:We have different personalities, but we'd still be homies.
:4yoshi:Fun times adventuring and I'd never ditch him.
:4diddy:Chillin' out, getting funky, usual monkey business.
:popo:
Always sticking together, being there for comfort.
:4ness:Remembering what it's like to be a kid and have the nostalgia factor and just have fun.
:4mewtwo:Kitty.
:4megaman:Mastering the power, getting all the skills, saving the world.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
...You've pretty much just demonstrated that you personally don't know how to handle either of those MUs, not that they are actually bad. No offense.

In fact all you really did here was list Sheik and ZSS's generic strengths (Sheik has superior frame data to everyone in the game but that on it's own isn't everything, for example) and assume that Rosalina can't handle them, rather than actually give any particular reason why Rosalina would struggle against them.

Rosalina can actually rival Sheik's frame data because Lunar Landing aerials is a thing and those can immediately be followed up on by Rosalina, especially if Sheik actually goes to hit Luma, and most of Rosalina's (and some of Luma's) moves literally go right through Sheik's anyway. In particular, throwing out N-air for days works wonders, since that move has very little landing lag and covers Rosalina from all sides with Luma around. Also needles are not effective against Rosalina, Luma can wall them out, they can be GP'd, and they actually have quite a bit of end lag so she can't follow up on Rosalina GP'ing if she's too far, and Rosalina can actually punish Sheik for using needles if she is close and lets Luma sponge the needles. So Sheik's zoning game (actually one of her biggest assets, it's largely what helps her get in at characters), is pretty much useless in the MU. Against a character that outranges her and can rival her frame data with various tricks, and a character she has to really work to get in at, it's difficult to say Sheik can have the advantage here. It could be considered even but if any character has the slight advantage here, it's easily Rosalina. Rosalina just has all of the defensive tools she needs to deal with a Sheik onslaught, and half of the time that doesn't matter as Sheik has trouble getting in at Rosalina to begin with, due to Rosalina outranging her and always having the ability to have a hitbox out that beats any of Sheik's. And of course, being able to KO Sheik way earlier and easier than Sheik can KO Rosalina, is a big plus for Rosalina too. It's not an easy MU for Rosalina per se, and I can understand why people might have trouble her as Rosalina, but if you know what you're doing, Rosalina really has the upper hand here.

ZSS is more or less the same deal only she has even less going for her. ZSS's paralysis shots can not only be GP'd, but their hitbox actually remains active and then switches ownership to Rosalina. This means that once again, ZSS's projectile is useless and in this case, can actually backfire if she goes in for a punish in a lot of cases, and it actually paralyses her. ZSS also has no truly effective means of shield pressure, and her grab is easy to read and punish. ZSS's Down B is perfectly countered by Rosalina shielding and U-tilting too, especially with Luma. I also find it's easy to mess ZSS up by separating Luma often and quickly and intelligently maneuvering him about so he can punish her and be ready for combos, since she's going to attempt to space you out a lot, especially with Z-air. And in general, a well spaced Luma will do way more for Rosalina than any of ZSS's tools will for her.

I could go way more in-depth, especially on ZSS, but in general MU discussions aren't my thing anymore since I know how the players on the Rosalina boards play way too similarly to each other with a limited play style (thus they don't play with he kind of play style I do), and in general the attitude of non-Rosalina mains always saying their character is an underdog against her being a prevalent one. This is also the social thread, so...
I'll post my response more tomorrow or Friday, but on your profile to avoid a warning and I respect your post and insight; Plus, I'm not trying to argue, but I think she still has a disadvantage against Sheik and ZZS. Plus, I played the match-ups against good Sheik and alittle against ZZSamus players and watch Dabuz vs Nario videos.
Go to the Rosalina & ZZS mu thread on Rosalina forum if you want more because I saw a post where a tournament ZZS player put his insight on the mu. Rosalina can go toe to toe, but ZZS can still give her trouble if you're facing a good ZZS player who knows the mu, their character, and tools to get rid of Luma.

Rosalina can't wall out Sheik easily like she can with other characters, but as long as you're unpredictable with fox-trots, mixing up approaches, jabbing, and using aerials, then yeah you'll be fine. Rosalina is still a larget and floaty target for Sheik's combos and f-airs along with her pressure gane, and the BF can knock away Luma even if you PS. Plus, n-air can be punished if read or overused and you're easier to punish than Sheik.

GP is something that you don't want to do always, especially against ZZS because she's fast and can use a uncharge shot, depending on distance to bait and punish you with a grab or something. Flip-jump if used correctly and unpredictable can help her get away combos and juggles.

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999

:rosalina:*implying I would want to be just friends with Rosalina if she were real ;)*

EDIT:

Wow, it's like Rosalina is the only main series character being left out of this game.
The Koopalings are in this game!?!??!

YES!! Now all we need is Dimentio and Fawful and it'll be basically perfect!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

EDIT:

She'll overshadow all the supporting characters(besides Bowser Jr. that is)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'll post my response more tomorrow or Friday, but on your profile to avoid a warning and I respect your post and insight; Plus, I'm not trying to argue, but I think she still has a disadvantage against Sheik and ZZS. Plus, I played the match-ups against good Sheik and alittle against ZZSamus players and watch Dabuz vs Nario videos.
Go to the Rosalina & ZZS mu thread on Rosalina forum if you want more because I saw a post where a tournament ZZS player put his insight on the mu. Rosalina can go toe to toe, but ZZS can still give her trouble if you're facing a good ZZS player who knows the mu, their character, and tools to get rid of Luma.

GP is something that you don't want to do always, especially against ZZS because she's fast and can use a uncharge shot, depending on distance to bait and punish you with a grab or something. Flip-jump if used correctly and unpredictable can help her get away combos and juggles.
A good player of any character can give Rosalina trouble if the Rosalina player isn't playing up to snuff. And there isn't really any character that's especially good at getting rid of Luma, Luma is easy to get rid of for ANY character by default, but you yourself have to make it hard for the opponent to do that, and there are many ways to do so.

Also Nairo VS Dabuz isn't a good reference. As a player, Nairo far outclasses Dabuz, even on a fundamental level. Dabuz may be the "best" Rosalina player but Nairo and ZeRo are out of his league right now to begin with anyway. Dabuz could be playing Rosalina with some custom equipment boosts and Nairo and ZeRo would still probably beat him. It's also worth nothing that, despite ZeRo always beating Dabuz, he has never been on the side of "Sheik beats Rosalina". IIRC, he was the first to say Rosalina has the advantage in the MU. So Rosalina players losing to ZeRo and Nairo isn't representative of the character MUs. ZeRo and Nairo are simply fundamentally the best players in the game right now, and there aren't any Rosalina players that are as good as them on a fundamental level, unfortunately.

And of course GP isn't something you will always do, I'm just noting it has a pretty cool use in the ZSS MU.

The Koopalings are in this game!?!??!

YES!! Now all we need is Dimentio and Fawful and it'll be basically perfect!
It can never be perfect without Rosalina. :c

tbh though, the game doesn't look that great period. It's a similar case to Ultra Smash.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm not into the Mario & Luigi games anyways so I really don't care if Rosalina is in the next game or not. She would be perfect for a Paper Mario game, though.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
A good player of any character can give Rosalina trouble if the Rosalina player isn't playing up to snuff. And there isn't really any character that's especially good at getting rid of Luma, Luma is easy to get rid of for ANY character by default, but you yourself have to make it hard for the opponent to do that, and there are many ways to do so.

Also Nairo VS Dabuz isn't a good reference. As a player, Nairo far outclasses Dabuz, even on a fundamental level. Dabuz may be the "best" Rosalina player but Nairo and ZeRo are out of his league right now to begin with anyway. Dabuz could be playing Rosalina with some custom equipment boosts and Nairo and ZeRo would still probably beat him. It's also worth nothing that, despite ZeRo always beating Dabuz, he has never been on the side of "Sheik beats Rosalina". IIRC, he was the first to say Rosalina has the advantage in the MU. So Rosalina players losing to ZeRo and Nairo isn't representative of the character MUs. ZeRo and Nairo are simply fundamentally the best players in the game right now, and there aren't any Rosalina players that are as good as them on a fundamental level, unfortunately.

And of course GP isn't something you will always do, I'm just noting it has a pretty cool use in the ZSS MU.

It can never be perfect without Rosalina. :c

tbh though, the game doesn't look that great period. It's a similar case to Ultra Smash.
I didn't say the mus are hopeless for Rosalina or trying to discourage and I get what you'll saying and having to outplay them, but Rosalina isn't really good at the mus; Even the players are even, their options outclass her and she can't handle their mobility if you face good players. Like I said, ask other Rosalina players or ZZS & Sheik, but competitive players who know the match up and their characters well.

Pikachu does and especially if you face a good one with enough mu knowledge and knowing their character. And Meta Knight, too but not badly as the MK player make the mu out to be.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I didn't say the mus are hopeless for Rosalina or trying to discourage and I get what you'll saying and having to outplay them, but Rosalina isn't really good at the mus; Even the players are even, their options outclass her and she can't handle their mobility if you face good players. Like I said, ask other Rosalina players or ZZS & Sheik, but competitive players who know the match up and their characters well.

Pikachu does and especially if you face a good one with enough mu knowledge and knowing their character. And Meta Knight, too but not badly as the MK player make the mu out to be.
Like I said, I don't play like other Rosalina mains, so my opinions differ. I'm actually quite capable of keeping up with Sheik even without Luma, so...

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33

EDIT:

Don't say that! Rosalina can be included in Mario & Luigi for the first time and Nintendo can say it's their first time meeting her...
I mean, have you seen her fan base and her countless inclusion? I'm sure that Rosalina will be included in this game, so Nintendo, do us a favor!
If she can make it into the Olympic and Smash, she can make it in here too. Maybe she isn't shown in the trailer. Don't give up! Believe that she will make it. I am wondering how *Not-to-speak-of* will react if she did make it in.

List of people that would make an inclusion:
1.:4mario:

2.:4luigi:

3.:4peach:

4.:4bowser:

5.:4yoshi:

6.:4larry:

7.:4roy:

8.:4wendy:

9.:4iggy:

10.:4morton:

11.:4lemmy:

12.:4ludwig:

13.:bomb:

And my wishlist character inclusion:

Last edited:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Like I said, I don't play like other Rosalina mains, so my opinions differ. I'm actually quite capable of keeping up with Sheik even without Luma, so...
I'm talking about asking for their insight on ZZS and Sheik. Have you played against a good Sheik that's not on FG or at least competitve?

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Hey , John kun was dumb enough to follow people he doesn't like to include them in one of his videos.

Nice.

He impersonated me wrong though , i don't talk like that T_T

hahahaha.

The cosplay thing made me laught though , he is crazy.

Last edited:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Hey , John kun was dumb enough to follow people he doesn't like to include them in one of his videos.

Nice.

He impersonated me wrong though , i don't talk like that T_T

hahahaha.

The cosplay thing made me laught though , he is crazy.
Who's John kun?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Tino Tino

Here's some progress on that drawing, just to show I'm working on it:

The left arm and leg are still really rough and sketchy and will be touched up, but other than that, I've pretty much got her figure down. After that, it's the details of the suit, and then after that, I colour her and then I might do a background.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Tino Tino

The left arm and leg are still really rough and sketchy and will be touched up, but other than that, I've pretty much got her figure down. After that, it's the details of the suit, and then after that, I colour her and then I might do a background.
Looks pretty good so far. Can't wait to see how it'll turn out. :)

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

All in all, there is no very skillful Rosalina appear, yet. Rosalina is definitely not a braindead character, just like what Omni had mention before when talking about Dabuz's Rosalina. So far Dabuz is one of the best Rosalina players in the world, Mew2King had once main her, but he isn't really Smash4 player though.
And even some Rosa vs Sheik MUs that aren't ZeRo nor Nairo I still found Sheik won often...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I was talking about something with a friend earlier, and I was wondering what you guys would think:

If Nintendo made a "Nintendo Cinematic Universe" similar to the Marvel Cinematic Universe (and they've already hinted at doing it), do you think Rosalina should be incorporated, and if so, how should she be made a part of it (i.e. major character, supporting character, cameo, etc)?

I'm actually of the opinion that she probably shouldn't and therefore, wouldn't be incorporated.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
So I was talking about something with a friend earlier, and I was wondering what you guys would think:

If Nintendo made a "Nintendo Cinematic Universe" similar to the Marvel Cinematic Universe (and they've already hinted at doing it), do you think Rosalina should be incorporated, and if so, how should she be made a part of it (i.e. major character, supporting character, cameo, etc)?

I'm actually of the opinion that she probably shouldn't and therefore, wouldn't be incorporated.
I'm not sure what the Marvel Cinematic Universe is, but I might check in out later or tomorrow when I have time.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Tino Tino

Is she wearing Snake's suit like she does with her biker suit skin tight or is it geared up? Oh, and perhaps add Luma too? Erm... It's your choice. I like her high heels because it's actually accurate that Snake could wear shoes like that because during the 16th century, European royalty started wearing high-heeled shoes to make them look taller or larger than life, such as Catherine de Medici or Mary I of England. By 1580, men also wore them, and a person with authority or wealth was often referred to as "well-heeled". And I think her cleavage is a little too wide up, and yes, I know that your character is supposed to be busty. And one last thing, in my opinion, I believe that her uniform should have like a starry pattern and she could possible shoot cosmos, starbits, or even Lumas depending on her weapons, and the background should be a normal galaxy called "Metal Solid Star Galaxy" unless there is a better title. Aside from all that, this is a nice cosplay, and keep up the good work!

Pretty similiar to this:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is she wearing Snake's suit like she does with her biker suit skin tight or is it geared up? Oh, and perhaps add Luma too? Erm... It's your choice. I like her high heels because it's actually accurate that Snake could wear shoes like that because during the 16th century, European royalty started wearing high-heeled shoes to make them look taller or larger than life, such as Catherine de Medici or Mary I of England. By 1580, men also wore them, and a person with authority or wealth was often referred to as "well-heeled". And I think her cleavage is a little too wide up, and yes, I know that your character is supposed to be busty. And one last thing, in my opinion, I believe that her uniform should have like a starry pattern and she could possible shoot cosmos, starbits, or even Lumas depending on her weapons, and the background should be a normal galaxy called "Metal Solid Star Galaxy" unless there is a better title. Aside from all that, this is a nice cosplay, and keep up the good work!

Pretty similiar to this:
Err, well that's just the basic frame so far.

I was actually going to add Polari and make him look like Otacon, but Rosalina is going to have the same suit as Snake.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Pretty similiar to this:
That middle pic makes her look a lot like EVA.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Remember when Nintendo credited wrongly ''Kerry Kane'' (as in Kerri Kane , Rosalina's second voice actress) in Mario Party 10 for Rosalina's voice , when in reality it's Laura Faye Smith?
Welp , they did it again.

I don't know if this is funny or just plain unfair to Laura Faye Smith.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Remember when Nintendo credited wrongly ''Kerry Kane'' (as in Kerri Kane , Rosalina's second voice actress) in Mario Party 10 for Rosalina's voice , when in reality it's Laura Faye Smith?
Welp , they did it again.

I don't know if this is funny or just plain unfair to Laura Faye Smith.
I'm surprised at this point that they have something that resembles an ending cutscene to be honest.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
The only thing relevant to Mario Tennis US , is that gif-able stuff and some screenshots to come.

Aside from that , it's just a waste in the end.

Holding my avatar since i edited it myself , not because i support this game , ew.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
The only thing relevant to Mario Tennis US , is that gif-able stuff and some screenshots to come.

Aside from that , it's just a waste in the end.

Holding my avatar since i edited it myself , not because i support this game , ew.
At least it will be better than Mario Party 10. I give that game a 5 out of 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom