• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't get everyone's beef with MP10 anyway.

It's a solid game in it's own right and I actually had fun with it even as single player for a while.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't get everyone's beef with MP10 anyway.

It's a solid game in it's own right and I actually had fun with it even as single player for a while.
People don't think it's as good as the first 5(or 6 depending on who you are)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was never too picky about Mario Party games anyway.

I know people go on about how the originals had more strategy, but to be honest I think that isn't saying much. The originals were still quite luck based, and they were always supposed to be simple, fun, carefree games to play with some friends. Not some seriously competitive game.

It'd be nice if Amiibo Party in MP10 had different board layouts, and it is the one game where I was a little miffed on how Rosalina was portrayed (and some other characters), but otherwise I can't find much to fault.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
MP10 is easily better than what Ultra Smash is shaping up to be. At least that game has actual content.
Opinion, friend. That still won't stop me from getting Ultra Smash for Christmas.
I was never too picky about Mario Party games anyway.

I know people go on about how the originals had more strategy, but to be honest I think that isn't saying much. The originals were still quite luck based, and they were always supposed to be simple, fun, carefree games to play with some friends. Not some seriously competitive game.

It'd be nice if Amiibo Party in MP10 had different board layouts, and it is the one game where I was a little miffed on how Rosalina was portrayed (and some other characters), but otherwise I can't find much to fault.
Probadly because most people grew up with them and don't like 10 being luck based. I think that the new mechanic is ok on 9 and 10, but I prefer the old one where you're by yourself.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
MP10 is easily better than what Ultra Smash is shaping up to be. At least that game has actual content.
Mario Party 10 still falls a bit short when compared to Mario Party 9 though. Mario Party 9 has as many as 7 boards, and there are more Bowser Jr. minigames than what Mario Party 10 offered. And while it does lack 2 vs. 2 minigames, Mario Party 9 has more minigames than Mario Party 10; 82 vs. 75.

Yes, Mario Party 10 does have Bowser Party, but that game mode can potentially kill your GamePad's touch screen with some of the Bowser Battle minigames. And you can't really play amiibo Party if you don't own the proper amiibo figures.

Basically, outside of Bowser Party and amiibo Party, Mario Party 10 is nothing more than a Mario Party 9 clone that brings back Donkey Kong and Toadette, and introduces Rosalina and Spike, but it kicks out Birdo, Koopa Troopa, Shy Guy, and Magikoopa (Kamek for the PAL owners) along the way.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Exactly , while the formula used in 10 is horrible like in 9 , the latter still has more content worth the price.

Amiibo mode is trash and Bowser Mode is limited , unbalanced and gets boring fast.

Meanwhile MP9 problem is the Battle Royale gameplay as literally everything else is alright.

MP10 being terrible , because it truly is , is the common conception and even comparing it to Ultra Smash is kinda pointless since 1 doesn't really feel more complete than the other , both are barebones.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
User was warned for this post
My headcanon became canon:

*Image removed*

No panties.

Moderator Edit: Please do not post those kinds of images here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Oh, brother! I hope that no one gets the game, just to get screenshots of that.

This is why I heavily questioned Rosalina's tennis outfit people...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't think people got the game just to take those screenshots, more that they got the game and it happened.

The replay cameras are just like that in the game. Same thing was the case in MK8.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Same will happen to Peach as well. At least Daisy is wearing shorts so that's good for her.
Peach wears panties (as per usual with the sports outfit) though.

Rosalina just straight up isn't. Yeah she has pantyhose, but most women actually still wear panties under pantyhose.

Either Camelot are awesome, or this is yet another sign of how the game was rushed. XP

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Peach wears panties (as per usual with the sports outfit) though.

Rosalina just straight up isn't. Yeah she has pantyhose, but most women actually still wear panties under pantyhose.

Either Camelot are awesome, or this is yet another sign of how the game was rushed. XP
Either way, she's not a object. Its like they did it on purpose or something.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I personally don't see it as bad, I just find it surprising that they got away with it.

You really aren't going to see it too often, only if you get lucky/unlucky (depending on your outlook) with the replay camera.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
I personally don't see it as bad, I just find it surprising that they got away with it.

You really aren't going to see it too often, only if you get lucky/unlucky (depending on your outlook) with the replay camera.
They might pull the update and blacken up under Rosalina's skirt like they did on Smash 4.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Then again to include it with her Pantyhose or whatever would also be sign of Dead or Alive level of detail , which would be out of place. You can change the underwear of females in those games , it's really funny since it's so ridiculous.

The only thing that's left for Tecmo to do is literally to create a sex doll simulator giving how ridiculous those games are.

There's no sign of nudity here though , and doesn't look so bad unless you are perverted enough to take alot of those screenshots.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33

*Image removed*

No panties.
I wasn't here back then, but I remember you guys were arguing about Peach/Rosalina as a sexualized character. And is it becoming Melee/Brawl all over again? What would happen if the ESRB saw this, or other panties shots? Ask Melee and Brawl raters what would happen, if this was more revealing then I guess it would go up to T for teens. And I guess Rosalina has officially become a sexualized character thanks to fan service. That giantess fetish is acttracting the audience though.

They might pull the update and blacken up under Rosalina's skirt like they did on Smash 4.
And what next? Back to incomplete feets? It would just be a little weird to do that especially if they don't do it to Peach as well. The way she wears her pantyhose is similiar to the way Zelda wore hers:

Even with the update for Rosalina or Peach, it might have a similiar glitch to this:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655

*Image removed*

No panties.
Something makes me feel like Camelot has something to tell us. They seem to have made quite a number of implications considering Rosalina is basically the only redeeming quality of this game. I feel like if Rosalina wasn't in this game, the sales would be way lower. Still planning on getting the game at some point within the next couple months maybe, but I hope for some kind of discount. Despite having Rosalina, this game certainly isn't worth $50.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Something makes me feel like Camelot has something to tell us. They seem to have made quite a number of implications considering Rosalina is basically the only redeeming quality of this game. I feel like if Rosalina wasn't in this game, the sales would be way lower. Still planning on getting the game at some point within the next couple months maybe, but I hope for some kind of discount. Despite having Rosalina, this game certainly isn't worth $50.
I also notice Mario Tennis Ultra Smash's reviews and reception isn't that well, but it's still a good game for playing with friends and family.

MaJoR MuCuS

Smash Apprentice
User was warned for this post
More Rosalina Panyhose shots from Ultra Smash. NSFW.
*Link removed*

Moderator Edit: Please do not post links to NSFW materials.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Are we seriously infracting people for screenshots of a 3+ game?

I wouldn't mind only my post is a day old. And I was simply noting it.

This is the only board that is such a stick in the mud about it too.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just to be clear to everyone here, do "not" post anything that's NSFW here. This especially includes the underskirt screenshots from Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash. I've already removed all signs of those images, and issued warnings and infractions to the offenders.

If you continue to post these kinds of materials, infractions will be implemented, if deemed necessary.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Are we seriously infracting people for screenshots of a 3+ game?

I wouldn't mind only my post is a day old. And I was simply noting it.

This is the only board that is such a stick in the mud about it too.
Those images were clearly of her below skirt and the focus of the images was clear. We've infracted images that crop similar private parts from even Smash itself. The source is irrelevant, the focus was clear. And the reason this board is a stick in the mud about it is because we only have these kind of issues here usually, there's no reason TO post stuff like that.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
1 character doesn't sell the game tbh.

They didn't even put emphasis in Rosalina's inclusion into this game , as she is one of the characters that lacks a reveal trailer despite being a newcomer , argueably the best one.

I'm hearing that the Power characters suck a lot , like usual , so i guess i won't be playing as Rosalina as much if i ever pick the game since i'm very picky with these play styles in these sport games.

I hate Power characters due to their lack of decent speed and technique.

Also , to be fair , there was already an update to this game. Probably future updates will remove the not intended camera angles , or maybe not , doesn't matter.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Pantyhose confirmed 2lewd4me.

Might as well remove every image of Rosalina for her bare shoulders while we are at it.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Last time i checked , showing bare shoulders is acceptable and women wear dresses like that and etc.

Panty shots are a way to sexualize a character , it's clearly aiming for that as opposed to the above case.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There's a difference between posting this

and posting images that are looking at her up skirt.
But you act as if the model details her nether regions to a tee, when it doesn't. It's literally blank and textureless everywhere from her ankle to her crotch.

They don't even properly model the area beneath her skirt as its flat and featureless when other games have detailed that same area in the past, like MK8 due to her wearing a body suit.

It's pretty much an inevitability that it will be seen so they decided not detail it to begin with.

Also that previous statement about how "this is the only board that does it" is either ignorance or a lie.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
But you act as if the model details her nether regions to a tee, when it doesn't. It's literally blank and textureless everywhere from her ankle to her crotch.

They don't even properly model the area beneath her skirt as its flat and featureless when other games have detailed that same area in the past, like MK8 due to her wearing a body suit.

It's pretty much an inevitably that it will be seen so they decided not detail it to begin with.

Also that previous statement about how "this is the only board that does it" is either ignorance or a lie.
What the model depicts isn't the issue, as I said, it's the focus on the image that matters.

EX. I want to use a character with a skirt and bicycle shorts as an avi. If I framed it in such a way where the focus is clearly on the below skirt part, I'd very likely be asked to change it, even though it's not showing anything. It's about the implied message though.

The way those shots are being framed are done in a way that sexualizes the character. Just because she has nothing there doesn't just mean it's ok.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
To change the subject, today is the 1st anniversary of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U's official release. Boy, time sure does fly.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
What the model depicts isn't the issue, as I said, it's the focus on the image that matters.

EX. I want to use a character with a skirt and bicycle shorts as an avi. If I framed it in such a way where the focus is clearly on the below skirt part, I'd very likely be asked to change it, even though it's not showing anything. It's about the implied message though.

The way those shots are being framed are done in a way that sexualizes the character. Just because she has nothing there doesn't just mean it's ok.
In terms of the one I posted, it was extremely far away so I can't really agree. And my comment wasn't saying anything to sexualise the character.

And once again, I posted it yesterday and only now got infracted (keep in mind M&SG was the first person to comment on it after my post too, and he's the one who only just infracted me). That alone raises my eyebrows and makes me think there is a bit more going on here.

But I digress. Plastic, featureless manakin legs are inappropriate. Got it.

-----------

One of those screenshots that was removed did have an interesting note in it. Rosalina can serve the ball at upwards of 150mph. The world record for fastest serve by a woman is 131mph IRL if I'm not mistaken. So that's a pretty interesting little tidbit. She is the stronk.

The fastest by a man IRL is around 160mph, so I wonder if you can beat that with her.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If you would like to continue to discuss this with the staff, please make a thread in Forum Support.

Any further discussion about this topic in this thread will result in infractions, as this is not the place to be talking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom