• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What I want to know is Rosalina's Smash + B move. We know that Luma's is the Star Bit thingy but what will Rosalina do when she executes this move if she doesn't have a Luma around?
From what we've seen, Rosalina doesn't do the attacking with her side special. Much like with Olimar and his Pikmin Throw, Rosalina has to have a Luma present to use the side special.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Do we know if Luma will work like nana though?? What if when Luma gets KOed it simply doesn't comeback until the next stock...:confused:
No, Luma is not an equal to Rosalina, like how Nana is and equal to Popo. Luma is obviously a fair bit weaker than Rosalina. At the beginning of her trailer, she jumps around on her own for a bit, and then summons Luma, which implies that you just can re-summon it at will.

Jackson

Smash Lord
No, Luma is not an equal to Rosalina, like how Nana is and equal to Popo. Luma is obviously a fair bit weaker than Rosalina. At the beginning of her trailer, she jumps around on her own for a bit, and then summons Luma, which implies that you just can re-summon it at will.
That's pretty awesome. Looks like Luma can take hits with no repercussions.

MaPow

Smash Apprentice
That's pretty awesome. Looks like Luma can take hits with no repercussions.
oh yess, this is great. Her spacing game will be outstanding at all times, but I still fear for her when she losses stage control and is getting comboed. I feel she will be like melee marth in a way, dominating when in control but not having a good way to get out of combos and such.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
How good Rosalina is at escaping combos depends on her horizontal aerial speed. Which seems average/solid enough from what I can tell. She also has the Launch Star handy, which she likely will not have used unless she is recovering.

So I think she will be solid enough at escaping combos. Not the best, but certainly not the worst.

While I know people are worried that Rosalina will be as easy to hit as Mewtwo, I don't think there is as much to worry about. She definitely falls a BIT faster than Mewtwo, at least, and she is a lot thinner than Mewtwo, despite being tall.

Jackson

Smash Lord
oh yess, this is great. Her spacing game will be outstanding at all times, but I still fear for her when she losses stage control and is getting comboed. I feel she will be like melee marth in a way, dominating when in control but not having a good way to get out of combos and such.
Yeah. Getting juggled without Luma seems tough.

SuperCosmicSmash

Smash Cadet
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but in the trailer it seemed Rosalina had a float ability? This means autocanceled aerials will be at Rosalina's disposal. As for being juggled we can just move away from the stage while in the air, and use up special to throw ourselves at the ledge/stage.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Considering how long-ranged Rosalina's down aerial seems to be, she may be able to escape certain combos more easily. Of course, this may come down to if her adversary's reach is manageable or not, since anyone who lacks a good reach may not be able to combo Rosalina without risking any punishment from her.

SuperCosmicSmash

Smash Cadet
It's going to be hard to reach a character with a long range, who controls another character who shoots projectiles, not to mention she can send Luma out to play keep away. I think her dair will have Zelda range.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I love how Rosalina

- Practically all of her moves have disjointed hitboxes Even some of the ariels have a disjointed hitbox although her legs are kind of close to the hitboxes to make a huge difference.
- What looks like she has better air mobility than peach
- The range on her Gravitational pull is freaking rediculous
- Her roll is amazing

But I honestly hope there is a way to control luma do go out further instead of it returning to rosalina all the time. IDK yet. I'll just have to wait for the 3ds version :)

Jackson

Smash Lord
Do you think Rosalina can control
I love how Rosalina

- Practically all of her moves have disjointed hitboxes Even some of the ariels have a disjointed hitbox although her legs are kind of close to the hitboxes to make a huge difference.
- What looks like she has better air mobility than peach
- The range on her Gravitational pull is freaking rediculous
- Her roll is amazing

But I honestly hope there is a way to control luma do go out further instead of it returning to rosalina all the time. IDK yet. I'll just have to wait for the 3ds version :)
Yeah, the roll is amazing.

Do you think Rosalina can control her Luma while being juggled?

EDIT: sorry for the double post. I think it messed up and posted part of my message above. My bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Do you think Rosalina can control her Luma while being juggled?
That could be possible, but that's something that we still need answers on. If the Luma is right next to Rosalina, the player might still be able to give it attack commands, but I don't know about if the Luma is far away from Rosalina in that dilemma.

Still, if one is to use Rosalina right, he/she will need to learn how to use the Luma Shot effectively.

Jackson

Smash Lord
That could be possible, but that's something that we still need answers on. If the Luma is right next to Rosalina, the player might still be able to give it attack commands, but I don't know about if the Luma is far away from Rosalina in that dilemma.

Still, if one is to use Rosalina right, he/she will need to learn how to use the Luma Shot effectively.
Agreed. It's gonna be a big part of racking up percent for sure.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina doesn't roll, she disappears from physical existance for a brief second.

Sonic may have an amazing roll, but Rosie is just too fab.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Also, don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but the arrangement of Rosalina's Comet Observatory that we heard when they showcased Rosalina in the Direct was AMAZIIIING. It sounds like something you'd hear at a parade!

Everything about Rosalina is just AUGH.

B!ggad

Smash Apprentice
I wonder how Lumas behave offstage or if they might even randomly wander offstage, killing themselves (unlikely, but I can't come up with anything that would be in line with what we've seen). That's still a huge question mark.

Also now that we know that Lumas wander around, they really need to differentiate them based on what color you pick before the match.

It still doesn't seem to work like that, though. Imagine Rosalina FFAs with 4 identical Lumas jumping all over the place, I can't imagine Sakurai being okay with that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I look forward to Rosalina FFAs. I imagine they'll be some of the clumsiest looking matches ever.

Then again, I suppose Rosalina players who end up against each other could just go head first towards each other, rather than using Luma. The balance would be even.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Seeing Rosalinas battle each other may be like two Wobbuffets; it'll end up being a stalemate until one of the Rosalinas start to attack head-on.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
After using Luma Shot, Lumas will sort of slowly wander back to Rosalina, by the looks of it. They seem to slowly bounce back to her in a playful manner.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Something has really be troubling me lately, and it's the situation where the Luma gets KO'd. I'd hate to think that you can't summon a new Luma to replace the one who got KO'd.

Maybe I'm just very paranoid about some of the inputs that I'm seeing.

Rose alumna

Smash Journeyman
yah we now know all of rosalinas moves but not lumas or up smash and n-air can anyone fall off mario galaxy stage like is there an edge

Last edited:

B!ggad

Smash Apprentice
Something has really be troubling me lately, and it's the situation where the Luma gets KO'd. I'd hate to think that you can't summon a new Luma to replace the one who got KO'd.

Maybe I'm just very paranoid about some of the inputs that I'm seeing.
Yep, having the same thoughts lately. The assumed neutral b where she fiddles the wand, supposedly to summon a Luma, seems fishy.

It just appears right in the middle of the the animation, and then there's the scene where she does the exact same "move" and nothing happens, which of course might just be because there's already a summoned Luma somewhere, but maybe it doesn't work the way we are lead to believe.

And I don't remember the Direct clearing that up.

Rose alumna

Smash Journeyman
Yep, having the same thoughts lately. The assumed neutral b where she fiddles the wand, supposedly to summon a Luma, seems fishy.

It just appears right in the middle of the the animation, and then there's the scene where she does the exact same "move" and nothing happens, which of course might just be because there's already a summoned Luma somewhere, but maybe it doesn't work the way we are lead to believe.

i wish some one would touch my luma i will go ultimate form

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Yeah the Luma story never did get cleared up in the Smash Bros. Direct. One theory could be that if a Luma isn't present, Luma Shot would summon a new Luma for Rosalina to use in her battle options.

It would have to be possible to replace any Lumas who are KO'd, as they're pretty vital for some of Rosalina's attack commands, especially the Star Bits.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I got to say this, I love Rosalina. Between both her and the wii fit trainers, I don't know who I want as a secondary, (because no one will ever replace Pikachu as my main).

Even then, I'd probably both use them so much. Looking at all her gameplay, she just seems like so much fun. <3
I also like the fact that Lumas are also part of her. Way back when Super Mario Galaxy came out and still thought girls were icky, lumas were there to fill the adorableness void while I shunned Rosalina.

Lumas helps fill my cuteness needs I have for Smash games. While Rosalina fills the sexy ones.

I also actually like her Final Smash as an idea. It is very pretty and power stars were very important in the galaxy games. I just need to see how we are able to use it and how it ends.

All and all, Rosalina is one my most looked forward to characters in smash. :D <3

Rose alumna

Smash Journeyman

I think it entirely depends on how much damage Luma can take.
Yeah the Luma story never did get cleared up in the Smash Bros. Direct. One theory could be that if a Luma isn't present, Luma Shot would summon a new Luma for Rosalina to use in her battle options. :rosalina::starman:

It would have to be possible to replace any Lumas who are KO'd, as they're pretty vital for some of Rosalina's attack commands, especially the Star Bits.
i think that when a luma dies u might need a spicific amount of time to get another one because in the video u did not see the blast when one died so obviously u can make a new one just hold off they were intriduced with different move sets so if one luma dies aww i cant use it any more so idont think the game creator would want to do that since theres many more lumas so if u were saying if one died i cannot get any more just like saying i cant get any more pikmen there sums it up

Last edited:

B!ggad

Smash Apprentice
Yeah it might be a matter of time, where after, let's say 30 seconds after a Luma's death, it reappears on its own.

There's definitely not a limited amount of them or something. I'm just not entirely sold on the fiddling thing yet.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@ Rose alumna Rose alumna : Regarding your input on Rosalina being Jigglypuff light, that would be quite weird, considering that the top 5 lightest fighters in the Super Smash Bros. series are never taller than the Mario Bros..

Rose alumna

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it might be a matter of time, where after, let's say 30 seconds after a Luma's death, it reappears on its own.

There's definitely not a limited amount of them or something. I'm just not entirely sold on the fiddling thing yet.
i really think rose can handdle her own

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

We just need some more evidence on how new Lumas can be summoned, since it would end up being very inconvenient if we don't have the option to summon a new Luma ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom