• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
IIRC, the Aura Sphere didn't have an after explosion effect in terms of damage. It only hurt if it physically hit your character. So there is no reason to believe Rosalina would have a problem against it. Then again, I'm not sure if Gravitational Pull redirects ALL projectiles. So we'll have to see.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If the Star Barrier can redirect water, it should be able to redirect energy-based projectiles. If anything, the only projectiles that the Star Barrier probably can't defend against are the Final Smash type of projectiles, such as the Mario Finale.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Yeah I'm aware it redirects, but I was wondering if it would redirect the Large Slow Aura sphere fast enough. It appears it doesn't quicken or slow the pace of projectile but keeps them at the same pace while redirecting.

->->->O->->->
I'm afraid with the size of the aura sphere and slowness of a fully charged one that the animation may stop around the 3'oclock. With the animation stopping, our protective shield is gone and we have a giant sphere still within our hit box. It's been a while since I've played Brawl and not sure if Smash4 will have a slower full aura sphere, so I could be just imagining things super wrong.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have become very intrigued by Rosaluma.

Someone tell me the lowdown on Rosalina & Luma.
Rosalina simply utilizes the Luma like a puppet character, enabling her to add some diversity to her attack options. Unlike Olimar, however, Rosalina is able to hold her own without the Luma if it ever gets knocked out.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Browsing the Rosalina tag on tumblr just became an awful lot sexier since I found this:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hey, Rosalina fans! I'm working on a project that you might have heard of called Project: Thank You Sakurai! (If you haven't heard of it, you should check it out.) and I'm currently doing a poll to determine which characters should be on the virtual card that we're making for him. I would appreciate it if you guys would check it out here and vote for who you like. The characters from the Mario universe that are on the poll include any that were in Brawl previously or which are newcomers to Smash 4 (Rosalina is okay, Dr. Mario is not). The locks for the (extended) Mario universe so far are Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, and Yoshi. Peach, Bowser, Diddy Kong, Wario, and Rosalina all need some more support before they can break into the area of "locks" (Rosalina herself is really close, but not quite there). I would be really, really grateful if you'd take a little time out of your day to do this short poll.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I did the survey just now, but a page asking me to create an account popped up. However, it said "this advertisement is optional". Have my answers been accounted for?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
For those who are interested, this week's week in review has an article on Rosalina that you can read; I composed the article myself. Of course, it's just the first half of the article, as the second half will be for next week.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just read the whole thing. Very interesting analysis, but in the story section, I noticed one mistake. You said that Bowser "invaded" the Observatory and stole the Power Stars, but that didn't actually happen.

Rosalina's actual description of the situation in-game was:

"A strange force had latched onto our ship, pulling away Star Bits and our power source, Power Stars. Our ship had lost power, so it entered a deep hibernation state where it could not move. Those who took your special one picked up the Power Stars..."

So while Bowser did pick up the stars, he didn't physically invade the Observatory to retrieve them (which is also evidenced by the fact that the Observatory shows no signs of being damaged by Bowser's fleet or anything of the sort). This wouldn't make a lot of sense, as the Observatory moves way too fast to just be invaded a la Peach's Castle. He used some kind of metaphorical "star magnet" to drag away stars from the Observatory as it passed by the Mushroom Kingdom, and that sucked away it's power source, leaving it at a standstill. Which would explain why Rosalina mentions Star Bits being taken, yet Bowser only ever set out to retrieve the Power Stars and never mentions the Star Bits (the Star Bits would be useless to him, they were probably just discarded or ignored. Or he used them to create minions, hence you can retrieve Star Bits by killing enemies with a spin).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh, well there was no need to quote me, but thanks regardless! Again, a very impressive article, and I'm looking forward to Part 2!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I also quite enjoyed the article. Will you be doing more besides Rosalina?
I don't really know right now, since Rosalina is the only confirmed newcomer that I really wanted to do an article for; I'll let someone else cover the Wii Fit Trainer and Little Mac.

Depending on what the next set of newcomers are though, that could change.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I don't really know right now, since Rosalina is the only confirmed newcomer that I really wanted to do an article for; I'll let someone else cover the Wii Fit Trainer and Little Mac.

Depending on what the next set of newcomers are though, that could change.
What kind of character would interest you? One that you have personal memories with, one that's just really interesting, or what?

Jackson

Smash Lord
Okay, this is a cool thread, but some of the moveset(listed on page 1) is wrong, I think. Here's what I know / speculate:

Neutral B will probably be star bit blast, but it could also be side b.

Up b , I believe, is the recovery that shoots her into the air via the shooting star.

Up tilt "creates Saturnian rings" according to sakurai, and shoots the luma powerfully high.

Side tilt, I assume because sakurai referred to it as a strong side attack, is the luma powerfully shooting to the side.

Finally, sakurai confirmed down b is gravitational pull. It sucks in items from around rosalina. I assume that this will help the diddy matchup.

That's all I know.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Rosalina

Special: Creates a Luma.
Side Special: Luma Shot
Down Special: Gravitational Pull
Up Special: Launch Star

Jab: jabs/swats with her wand
Up Tilt: Saturn Rings

Forward OR Up Air: That 'universe is under her clothes move'.
Down Air: Saturn Rings

Forward Smash: Leans forward and sends a 'blast', looks a Little like Zelda's.
Down Smash: also similar to Zelda's.

That's all we know so far, me things. That Star Bits attack is most likely a normal attack for the Luma.

Jackson

Smash Lord
Rosalina

Special: Creates a Luma.
Side Special: Luma Shot
Down Special: Gravitational Pull
Up Special: Launch Star

Jab: jabs/swats with her wand
Up Tilt: Saturn Rings

Forward OR Up Air: That 'universe is under her clothes move'.
Down Air: Saturn Rings

Forward Smash: Leans forward and sends a 'blast', looks a Little like Zelda's.
Down Smash: also similar to Zelda's.

That's all we know so far, me things. That Star Bits attack is most likely a normal attack for the Luma.
Sounds good. I think the forward air you mentioned could be a back air.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Sounds good. I think the forward air you mentioned could be a back air.
Looks like her Forward Aerial to me, but it's kinda hard to say. :/ It would look like she actually turns around mid-air right Before using her attack, but if you look closely in other footage, she does a Little spin in her first jump, making it almost look like her Back Air here. ^^

So I'd say it has to be her forward, OR her Up.

Jackson

Smash Lord
Looks like her Forward Aerial to me, but it's kinda hard to say. :/ It would look like she actually turns around mid-air right Before using her attack, but if you look closely in other footage, she does a Little spin in her first jump, making it almost look like her Back Air here. ^^

So I'd say it has to be her forward, OR her Up.
Oh my bad, I didn't see the footage, I just saw a screenshot so I couldn't really tell. Looks like you're right. Sorry. Either way, I'm pretty hyped to try this character, even if I'm maining Chrom(assuming he makes it). Thanks for the gif.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Oh my bad, I didn't see the footage, I just saw a screenshot so I couldn't really tell. Looks like you're right. Sorry. Either way, I'm pretty hyped to try this character, even if I'm maining Chrom(assuming he makes it). Thanks for the gif.
No reason to apologize. ^^ But yeah, Rosalina is one of my 4 most wanted, so I will totally main her. And make her lie down on the ground in different poses a lot.

Hey, if it's ok for Sakurai to do so, it's ok for me! ;p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I didn't really see anything suggestive about Rosalina lying down. It's not like a Purple Pikmin was on her, begging for a piggy-back ride (which was the case with Zelda).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was hoping for a Year of Luigi send-off...but I got a Rosalina themed turn on, which I'm OK with! :V

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I didn't really see anything suggestive about Rosalina lying down. It's not like a Purple Pikmin was on her, begging for a piggy-back ride (which was the case with Zelda).
Well it's not really suggestive, but you gotta admit, Sakurai totally did this to show her off, just like with Wii-Fit Trainer's bottom. ^^

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Are you referring to the emphasis on her chest? Haha
No, her face, combined with her whole lower body being cut off by the camera, leave a lot to the imagination... :p

EDIT: I've cut Rosalina out of the picture. Feel free to use it for whatever you want!

Last edited:

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
I thought of something. What if there are Multiple Rosalinas on one match? I meaning with the different colored Lumas that Rosalina can spawn, wouldn't detecting which Luma is yours be confusing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom