• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
Call back your Luma. Problem solved.
Ah yes, I forgot about the scene with DK. Of course!

Personally, I think Rosalina should just stick to one color per palette for each Luma. For example; Main Rosalina should have the Yellow Luma, Green Rosalina should have the Green Luma etc. I highly doubt that different colored Lumas will grant different abilities. Even though Olimar has a his different Pikmin but he has three different types at once while Rosalina only limited to one.

But how do I know. Don't think Sakurai gave any information about the different Lumas. Maybe in the future?

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Hey Pro-Rosalina fans!!!
The Rate Their Chances Thread is currently rating your most and least hyped moment!
I'm pretty sure Rosalina is currently in the lead for both most AND least...
Or tied for both.
So, if you really like her, support Sakurai's decision of making her playable!
Vote her for teh hype!

Rosalina commands you to!

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
I suggest we add this GIF to the OP.

626.gif

And since she's talking in it, we could put a quote under or over her in big light blue letters. I suggest "May the stars shine down on you."! :)

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Courtesy of me, here's some new information, regarding Rosalina's moves.

Luma Shot: This is Rosalina's standard special move. If Rosalina has a Luma present, she can send it away from her with this move. She can also call the Luma back to her with it.

Rosalina can apparently charge this move, and the longer she charges it, the further the Luma will travel.

The Luma will return to Rosalina almost immediately when the Luma Shot is used again.

While it's alone, the Luma can attack independently, but Rosalina can still command its attacks, even when they're apart.

Although unconfirmed, this move may also be used to summon a new Luma if needed.

3-hit Combo: When performing the 3-hit combo, one of Rosalina's attacks include waving her wand forward to deliver multiple hits to her adversary. The Luma will spin around during the process.

Back Aerial: Rosalina uses her feet to attack her opponents from behind. The attack apparently creates a galaxy that can deal some damage.

Down Standard Attack: Rosalina does a low sweep to damage opponents. Knockback seems to be horizontal.

Reverse Rolling Dodge: Rosalina simply teleports from one location to another to avoid attacks.

Star Bits: This is Rosalina's side special move. While the Luma is present, it'll fire Star Bits to damage opponents. Rosalina simply commands the Luma to attack, so she's not the one attacking with this move.

Rosalina can have the Luma perform this move, even when they're not together.

Launch Star: Much like what was shown on the trailer, the Launch Star is a long distance recovery move, but it's still unclear if Rosalina receives super armor frames while using it. It's her up special move.

Gravitational Pull: This down special move is able to attract items to Rosalina, and repel certain projectiles. However, it's also shown to be able to render almost any projectile attack ineffective, as Lucario's Aura Sphere was neutralized by the move.

However, it seems that this special move isn't one that can be held up like Fox's Reflector, so timing may be everything if one wants to use it properly.

Power Star: As her Final Smash, Rosalina summons a Power Star, which will fire stars at opponents to deal damage.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Besides the disappointing Final Smash (especially compared to Mega Man's, my god), Rosalina is definitely the newcomer that looks most intriguing to me, more than ever.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
One thing I'm concerned about is the fact that luma seemed like it was acting like nana where it just follows rosalina and returns to her.

I would like to control the luma somehow and be able to put it to cover a certain area where my opponent could land. That would be difficult if the luma is just gonna come back to me.

Regardless, I love rosalina and luma and I'm going to main them with peach

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
it slowly comes back to Rosalina which IMO is great because IMAGINE the cross up options! She's looking so exciting and makes me even more sure about my choice to main her

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The more I see of Rosalina, the more astonished I am that she is in the game.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Rosalina seems like a perfect blend of challenging and unique. Plus she looks good in the HD. Even as the newcomers get cooler, I keep going back to Rosalina as a main choice.

C3CC

Smash Lord
The more I see of Rosalina, the more astonished I am that she is in the game.
I know right? I still can't believe she's in. Sometimes I rewatch her trailer and I'm like "How is this even possible?". It's just so far-fetched, but amazing nonetheless. She's going to be my main for sure.

There's something I don't understand about her moveset, though. Her Smash + B, the Star Bit shooting thing. It says that only Luma can use that move. So, if she wants to do that move, but she doesn't have a Luma, what is she going to do? Oh, and sadly, her Final Smash looks like it's going to suck. It's very similar to Donkey Kong's. Just get away from it and you're safe. I wanted it to be something like Olimar's or the Ice Climbers': something hard (or impossible) to escape from.

Last edited:

Daz Larc

Smash Rookie
CALLED IT! people said using the same move to call back luma is stupid and it being the neutral special would be weird. welcome to i was right land population me and a couple other people!

In a less braggy note I love her final smash. i believe using it when she is in mid air (if possible) would maximize its damage potential due to its random nature

Jackson

Smash Lord
Not gonna lie, Rosalina looks to have an awesome playstyle. It seems like comboing could be pretty easy. I stIll have to root for Chrom, but Im definitely gonna try her out.

Last edited:

MaPow

Smash Apprentice
Rosalina looks so good, and her spacing and combos with Luma are like nothing thats ever been in smash. She will forsure be the first character I'll try to main. I honestly hope she just shuts out little mac's approach with Luma

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina restored my hype for this game to Brawl levels of hype when it was diminishing, and continues to do so. I just love everything about the character, and how she is shaping up as a Smash fighter. I'm looking forward to her even more than Mega Man.

EDIT: Is it just me, or does this picture look like Rosalina is shielding the Luma? Could it just be a camera trick, or can Rosie actually clutch the Luma and protect it from harm as an actual mechanic?

Last edited:

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Ehh, something doesn't look right on that picture. She's not holding it right, it's sitting sideways, and haven't we seen that pose before?

MaPow

Smash Apprentice
It's really hard to tell from that picture, but I hope that Rosa will have solid options to get back to the ground because i feel like she could be extremely susceptible to juggling.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

THEY'RE SO PRECIOUS TOGETHER AND ROSALINA NEVER CEASES TO LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL.

It may be blasphemy, but I still adore her appearance most out of all the ladies even with ZSS's sexy redesign.

(I do wonder what's in that treasure chest though...)

negativeX

Smash Apprentice
With all the new rush type characters it seems like she may have some trouble (though this is probably just ungrounded fears from the new batch with three, what appears to be, rush characters in it).

Jackson

Smash Lord
So, a question for you guys: Do you think Luma will be able to grab? It's probably good if it can't, because Luma being able to would open the door to OP chaingrabs.

SuperCosmicSmash

Smash Cadet
Keep in mind Rosalina grabs when close, even if Luma can it will have to be seperated from Rosalina in order to grab. So basically it would be too far for a chain grab. However, that doesn't mean that Rosalina throw > Luma attack back to Rosalina won't be a follow up, but then again there would be so many DI options.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Keep in mind Rosalina grabs when close, even if Luma can it will have to be seperated from Rosalina in order to grab. So basically it would be too far for a chain grab. However, that doesn't mean that Rosalina throw > Luma attack back to Rosalina won't be a follow up, but then again there would be so many DI options.
Imagine playing volleyball back and forth between Rosalina and Luma. Just like the Pit combo in her reveal video.

SuperCosmicSmash

Smash Cadet
I already see Rosalina as a defensive character, she has such a great range and control over a character. If she is in trouble by grab shenanigans Luma will put an end to it.

If Rosalina is defensive she will have to abuse her Luma to play a game of volleyball. It would be very nice but I don't see Rosalina as a rush down character. She basically controls a projectile, which shoots projectiles.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
A lot of her moves look quite good. The halo tilt/aerial, those tandem luma attacks, plus the star bit shot. Just another part of her variety and appeal!

Jackson

Smash Lord
Yeah, the moveset is looking pretty solid. It's cool how we get a seemingly spammable projectile in the form of the Star Bits. Should be really helpful in racking up damage.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the moveset is looking pretty solid. It's cool how we get a seemingly spammable projectile in the form of the Star Bits. Should be really helpful in racking up damage.
Yes, it's a very nice looking move. Also, it looks like it could prevent easy approaches from a lot of character.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yes, it's a very nice looking move. Also, it looks like it could prevent easy approaches from a lot of character.
This would probably apply to most short characters, such as Kirby, Pikachu, and Olimar, since they're usually cursed with having a rather limited reach with their direct attacks.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
So any idea how she gets her Lumas?

All of her specials are accounted for.

SuperCosmicSmash

Smash Cadet
Oh guys, I'll be on these boards quite often when Smash 4 is out. I'll try and get frame data and such. I really want to help the Roma Boards out.

On another note : I really want to see her alternate colors!

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Oh guys, I'll be on these boards quite often when Smash 4 is out. I'll try and get frame data and such. I really want to help the Roma Boards out.

On another note : I really want to see her alternate colors!
Haha, welcome to the forums! It's a team effort of sorts, so do share what ever info and techniques you have :colorful:

As for costumes, I think we'll see basic color variations only. The fire flower form from 3D world would look good though!
So any idea how she gets her Lumas?

All of her specials are accounted for.
Most likely it will be neutral B. If there's no luma to send out, the empty move must just summon a new one. This also would account for Kirby's copy of Rose. My guess is that he'd summon it and use the move, all in one just like Olimar's copy.

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
What I want to know is Rosalina's Smash + B move. We know that Luma's is the Star Bit thingy but what will Rosalina do when she executes this move if she doesn't have a Luma around?

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
What I want to know is Rosalina's Smash + B move. We know that Luma's is the Star Bit thingy but what will Rosalina do when she executes this move if she doesn't have a Luma around?
Lol, just thought of that before reading your post. Maybe it will summon a luma too? I'm grasping at straws here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom