• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I want to become a star and stare out the window and have green hair while it's raining outside.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You mean you never heard of The Grinch?
Is that a character made by Dr.Seuss?
And no, I only know The Cat in the Hat, Fox in Socks, and Green Eggs and Ham in my childhood.

Last edited:

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
So much bloodshed... death.... and despair

The war still rages on today with no end in sight.

@ Killo89 Killo89 -yes
That dog seen some **** lol.
Heehee, that's your line everytime you come there, isn't it?
Also, may sonicbrawler excuse me, but I'll have to post it before him:

Also, her outfit is quite simple but I have to say I like it, even if Rosalina's body being exposed isn't something I like...
(but nothing can make her as elegant as with a dress)
Oh she is just way too cute.
Trying to protect her innocence.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Looks like Rosalina decided to watch over Baby Peach and Baby Daisy, and they've got their picture taken during the process.

Models are not mine; Rosalina model is by LordHyrule; Baby Peach and Baby Daisy models are by Jetsetradioremixsega; Peach's Castle model is by WolfArchangel. All model owners are from DeviantArt.

TriTails

Smash Lord
To this day I never get how Baby Daisy or Rosalina even exist... Like, PiT explains Baby Mario, Luigi, and Peach. Even then, it was told they returned to their own timeline. Neither Daisy or Rosalina appeared in that game (And iirc it was before Rosalina's debut).

So, uh, did they just flip-flop'd a switch, get sucked in by a portal, then landed on a kart and just said '**** logic I'm racing'?

I mean. They could nuke the entire world with a TIME PARADOX. I mean, God of War II did it, but still... are there any explanations behind this or is it just me who is stupid?

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
To this day I never get how Baby Daisy or Rosalina even exist... Like, PiT explains Baby Mario, Luigi, and Peach. Even then, it was told they returned to their own timeline. Neither Daisy or Rosalina appeared in that game (And iirc it was before Rosalina's debut).

So, uh, did they just flip-flop'd a switch, get sucked in by a portal, then landed on a kart and just said '**** logic I'm racing'?

I mean. They could nuke the entire world with a TIME PARADOX. I mean, God of War II did it, but still... are there any explanations behind this or is it just me who is stupid?
Baby Rosalina seems to be a creepy encounter for the adult Rosalina IMO. Realizing her baby-self still has her mother, father and perhaps already her little brother, it would sure make her uncomfortable next to her.
There was a pic posted there showing Rosalina and Baby Rosalina on that subject. Knowing she still can't live "happily" without those dark remembrances constantly coming back, showing her Baby Rosalina could, I think... devastate her.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Two words for ya:

NON CANON CHARACTERS

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Two words for ya:

NON CANON CHARACTERS

Yep, canon never make sense in Mario spin-off games. And you should make that three words
Still feels odd how Baby Rosalina appears, I would like her to be slightly red hair just like according to the storybook.

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
Two words for ya:

NON CANON CHARACTERS

Did you just write 3 words and say it was two or is there some jokes I'm missing.

And also.

Mario + Canon = The world implodes

What do you consider canon, BTW? I regard those spin-offs as 'non-canon'. Though, there is some flaws in it as Nintendo seem to like to pair Luigi with Daisy and we all know that SML is Daisy's one and only maisntream appearance, would that make Luiasy actually not exist in 'canon' as Luigi NEVER met Daisy in 'canon'? Would that make Waluigi basically nonexistent?

I'm just glad Rosalina isn't another one of those 'filler characters'. I mean, do you want her to only appear in SMG and not anywhere else but spin-offs? Nah.

Baby Rosalina seems to be a creepy encounter for the adult Rosalina IMO. Realizing her baby-self still has her mother, father and perhaps already her little brother, it would sure make her uncomfortable next to her.
There was a pic posted there showing Rosalina and Baby Rosalina on that subject. Knowing she still can't live "happily" without those dark remembrances constantly coming back, showing her Baby Rosalina could, I think... devastate her.
A baby Rosalina already has her little brother...? Seem to early for me.

But the hypothesis is understandable. Can you provide the pic?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Did you just write 3 words and say it was two or is there some jokes I'm missing.

And also.

Mario + Canon = The world implodes

What do you consider canon, BTW? I regard those spin-offs as 'non-canon'. Though, there is some flaws in it as Nintendo seem to like to pair Luigi with Daisy and we all know that SML is Daisy's one and only maisntream appearance, would that make Luiasy actually not exist in 'canon' as Luigi NEVER met Daisy in 'canon'? Would that make Waluigi basically nonexistent?

I'm just glad Rosalina isn't another one of those 'filler characters'. I mean, do you want her to only appear in SMG and not anywhere else but spin-offs? Nah.

A baby Rosalina already has her little brother...? Seem to early for me.

But the hypothesis is understandable. Can you provide the pic?
If you've watched Disney's Hercules or played a Kingdom Hearts game then you'd get the joke.

And SML isn't even canon or mainline, it's a spin-off. It's made by Nintendo R&D1, not Nintendo EAD.

I think it's easy to put together a Mario timeline but I'm not interested in putting one together right now.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

The Mario & Luigi series is technically a separate series from the Super Mario series, so the events in Partners in Time really aren't canon to the actual Super Mario series.

Anyway, spin-offs aren't meant to make sense, since they too are not canon.

Amusingly, in Yoshi's New Island, the adult Bowser actually appears from the future to face Yoshi as the game's true final boss. Even Mr. Pipe turned out to be Mario's adult self, which may imply that Mario went back to the past to help Yoshi ensure that Baby Mario would be safe. Whereas, Bowser went back to the past to try to permanently remove the Mario Bros. from the present; without the baby Mario Bros., the adult Mario Bros. would never exist, which would lead to disaster for the present day Mushroom Kingdom.

TriTails

Smash Lord
And SML isn't even canon or mainline, it's a spin-off. It's made by Nintendo R&D1, not Nintendo EAD.
Try telling that to tons of Daisy fans out there :p.

But does this mean Daisy isn't even canon...?

The Mario & Luigi series is technically a separate series from the Super Mario series, so the events in Partners in Time really aren't canon to the actual Super Mario series.
But PiT DID manage to at least tell us why the babies can be in the present timeline instead of just stumbling into a random portal and going ham at the other side.

But it's not canon, I'm aware of that.

Inb4 HardcoreMarioFansTellingUsThereIsNoCanonInMarioUniverse

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Try telling that to tons of Daisy fans out there :p.

But does this mean Daisy isn't even canon...?

But PiT DID manage to at least tell us why the babies can be in the present timeline instead of just stumbling into a random portal and going ham at the other side.

But it's not canon, I'm aware of that.

Inb4 HardcoreMarioFansTellingUsThereIsNoCanonInMarioUniverse
More or less, yeah. It's not like non-canon characters are unheard of in games.

EDIT:

I want it.

Last edited:

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
People expect us to talk MUs in the Social thread, when we have designated MU threads for every character in the game?

I mean, I suggested that this thread be more on topic and relevant to the game, but then certain people got in a hissy fit over that as they wanted it to be a thread where people talk about whatever.

I'm away in a friend's house so I won't get to see any new artworks or whatever that come out.

Be they cute, cool, funny, or lewd.
Nobody expects us to talk MUs in here, I was only stating why this thread is the most popular. No offense was intended.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999

I've a theory, but it's a bit out there. Spoilers for Xenocide by Orson Scott Card:

So in that book, a group of main characters temporary travel outside the universe. In that "location", matter and life can be created with your mind. One individual created a vaccine that is impossible to manufacture by thinking of the theoretical molecular structure, one crippled guy created a new, uncrippled human body for himself by remembering what he used to look like (ideally), and Ender's mind wandered and remembered his siblings when they were younger...and thus brings his long dead brother back to life and creates a younger copy of his sister (said sister proper is still alive during this time), both in their early teens. It was...an awkward family reunion to say the least.

At the end of Mario Galaxy, let's say that the limbo Mario and Rosalina were in was outside the universe. Mario hears the luma babies crying and his mind wanders, thinking of himself and his friends as babies, including what he thinks Rosalina would look like. In the new universe, these baby characters are suddenly...just there. That's also explains why Baby Rosalina still has platinum hair instead of ginger hair. If any future baby character is made in the games, this theory is open enough to include them too.

If you couldn't tell I was really waiting for someone to bring up this topic.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I will never lack space for more Rosalina merchandise.

Money ain't an issue right now either.

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
Money can get tight as tight gets and I will always try to get me some more Rosalina stuff :rosalina:

I love the stance she is is. I would love to have 2.
although the lack of Luma is it's only downfall.

Edit: I bough my first Funko toy and i LOVE the box it is in.
Can easily take it out and in of the box without ruining it.
Kinda wish Nintendo would of had something like that

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
...It's a fan mock up, it's not even pretending to be real or a leak. Just a concept.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom