• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's a new member and that amiibo is the only thing they're selling. But I'll keep it anonymous.

The last I've heard about *************** is that he was planning on giving away a bunch of amiibos kept hostage in his closet starting with an open Ness. He decided to do giveaways because he already made back the money he spent on all of them apparently. But whatever. Still best to continue ignoring him.
Yeah, perhaps he did make back the money, but still, doing giveaways when you think you have made enough money doesn't mean that everyone will starting to praise him or think he was just trolling.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If you have done ****s and being an a****** to people in the past, it'll 'destroy' your reputation. And in order to heal the wounds, it takes much more time to 'build' it back.

For simplicity's sake, it's easier to hurt than heal.
Totally agreed.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
"A wall is easier to destroy than build"
This likely applies to games, and to the real world. In games, you try to heal yourself, and yet you're prone to take more damage than what you can restore. Whereas, in the real world, the way you act can heavily determine your reputation toward others.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This likely applies to games, and to the real world. In games, you try to heal yourself, and yet you're prone to take more damage than what you can restore. Whereas, in the real world, the way you act can heavily determine your reputation toward others.
Yep, this is a lesson that everyone has to know. Sad to see there are some people on the Internet are just being arrogant and a troll...

TriTails

Smash Lord
Fact: It applies to everything.

In Smash, unless you ate a Heart Container or used a Fairy Bottle, sometimes Maxim Tomato, nobody cares as most can just combo you hella back again. In fact, you might be reducing your damage so the combos that shouldn't work will work again, and you take more damage because of that.

In Puzzle and Dragons: Super Mario Edition, it's hard to waste turns when you have to bring a certain member who specializes in changing orbs to something that normally does not exist in the said course (See: W1-4) when your team is just so powerful (Even if you bring weaklings, those enemies are still fragile) that you can accidentically finish them in one turn (Especially if it's a 3 color course).

In most action games, it's almost always easier to take damage than heal yourself.

In relationship, it's hard and time consuming to build love to someone you like. Meanwhile, do one thing wrong and the entire thing falls apart.

In internet, if you are a troll, don't expect people to just forgive you like that, especially the ones who you have insulted.

Basically, a bottle of milk gets ruined by just a single droplet of poison. A tall wooden wall gets ruined by just a spark of fire. A reputation gets ruined by just a single mistake.

Life is hard bruh.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Fact: It applies to everything.

In Smash, unless you ate a Heart Container or used a Fairy Bottle, sometimes Maxim Tomato, nobody cares as most can just combo you hella back again. In fact, you might be reducing your damage so the combos that shouldn't work will work again, and you take more damage because of that.
Even healing equipment has their flaws, since they tend to heal less damage than what you'd normally take.

In Puzzle and Dragons: Super Mario Edition, it's hard to waste turns when you have to bring a certain member who specializes in changing orbs to something that normally does not exist in the said course (See: W1-4) when your team is just so powerful (Even if you bring weaklings, those enemies are still fragile) that you can accidentically finish them in one turn (Especially if it's a 3 color course).
That can be resolved by leveling up the skills of your party members.

On another note, when you're at the harder courses, you try so hard to heal yourself, but the enemies just deal way more damage than you can even restore. And if it's a gang attack, it won't even matter if you try to heal yourself, as the enemies can deal more damage than what your party can take. And of course, the situation is even more awful when the enemies can attack "every single turn".

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If you have done ****s and being an a****** to people in the past, it'll 'destroy' your reputation. And in order to heal the wounds, it takes much more time to 'build' it back.

For simplicity's sake, it's easier to hurt than heal.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
hi guys!

i feel a little murky posting this because self-advertising always brings that feeling for me, but this is a pretty big opportunity!

2GG is running a poll of a few socal smashers and the one that gets the most votes gets a paid trip to chicago's E2C regional next month. i'm on the poll and would love the opportunity to showcase rosalina in other regions!

so please if you want more rosalina action then vote for falln on this poll below and if you feel comfortable doing so, share with anyone who is willing to do the same ^__^

http://epoll.me/vote/ACjI-qwzQLo/wh...s-e2c-18-in-chicago-il-on-9-26?fb_ref=Default

thank you guys. i will also have a rosalina : pikachu match mindset finished in a few hours which should be hype since i know a lot of rosas don't like that MU
He's still in the lead, but his lead is shrinking. Please give him a vote if you haven't already.

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
Nice job!!!

I like this video's thumbnail, looks awesome:
Yeah it is rather cool.
This is baseball that i can't get behind on.

I don't know why, but i found the part where Rosalina was throwing the bat at horde of peach players too funny.

here is the image alone if you wanted it
poll's over!! i won!! thank you everyone who voted and i'm going to practice hard for chicago :)
Congrats :D
Good luck in the tournament.
I know you'll do Rosa proud

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was expecting the video to involve a moment with Rosalina and Luma passing an opponent between each other.

Though I guess that'd be Wimbledon more than anything.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
poll's over!! i won!! thank you everyone who voted and i'm going to practice hard for chicago :)
I had saw some of your matches VS John Numbers, he's really tough to beat right?
Yeah it is rather cool.
This is baseball that i can't get behind on.

I don't know why, but i found the part where Rosalina was throwing the bat at horde of peach players too funny.

here is the image alone if you wanted it

Congrats :D
Good luck in the tournament.
I know you'll do Rosa proud
Thanks for the pic!
They could have remove the MLB's baseball on the end of her wand...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
A rather well put together Rosalina fact video that is actually fairly correct for once.

Ignore the use of the word "Risqué" in the title, there isn't actually anything risqué here. He just likes using alliteration in his video titles.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
A rather well put together Rosalina fact video that is actually fairly correct for once.

Ignore the use of the word "Risqué" in the title, there isn't actually anything risqué here. He just likes using alliteration in his video titles.

Yeah, of course, since the video did mention that Nintendo has never officially stated that Rosalina is a princess. And he also did mention about MatPat's GT about Rosalina might be Peach's daughter.

And I kind of can that guess most of this video's info is from Mariowiki, because there were many quotes in the video that sounds familiar in my ears.

And again at the part where he mentions that Rosalina has different names in different countries, China, Taiwan, are actually just mandarin translate from the Japanese name.
Here's her name in Traditional Chinese:
羅潔塔(Luo-Jie-Ta)

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655

Now this is what I'm talking about. Entertaining, tells it like it is, and just a really solid video. Even though the title was misleading. I do recall discovering a video in German about Super Mario Galaxy trivia. Even though I don't understand German, there were a couple key things that gave me an idea of what was being discussed from the thumbnail to "English sounding words" that I could understand. In that video, there was a legitimately risqué part of the video that Rosalina was involved in, so I won't spill the details on that. Risqué-ness aside, the video got me interested in wanting to find some more potentially confirmed facts (emphasis on potentially) that have a language barrier. Or maybe I'm just weird by obsessing over random small pieces of trivia of anything related to my interests? Whatever.

This is also a nice gateway to discussing all our ideas for a Rosalina game. Anything to fuel the motivation to get Nintendo to make a Rosalina game sooner than later.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Guess it was pretty hard to find english-sounding words in something written in germanic language.
I was able to hear the word "fanservice" which I guess doesn't translate into anything. There was also text in the video and on the title that I just threw into Google translate to get an idea of what it's saying. It turned out to be pretty much what I expected it to imply, so there were quite a few dead giveaways to imply that it was rather... er, risqué.

Anyway, Rosalina needs her own game. I wonder what ideas other people are coming up with?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The only thing new that I've been thinking about is future Mario Kart roster inputs, such as the following contents below...

• Feather 1
    • Baby Mario
    • Baby Peach
    • Baby Rosalina
    • Boo
  • Feather 2
    • Baby Luigi
    • Baby Daisy
    • Dry Bones
    • Lemmy
  • Light 1
    • Toad
    • Toadette
    • Koopa Troopa
    • Larry
  • Light 2
    • Diddy Kong
    • Dixie Kong
    • Bowser Jr.
    • Wendy
  • Mid-Light 1
    • Peach
    • Yoshi
    • Hammer Bro
    • Kamek
  • Mid-Light 2
    • Daisy
    • Birdo
    • Tiny Kong
    • Iggy
  • Medium
    • Mario
    • Luigi
    • Cranky Kong
    • Ludwig
  • Cruiser
    • Rosalina
    • Waluigi
  • Mid-Heavy
    • Donkey Kong
    • Honey Queen
    • Kritter
    • Roy
  • Metal
    • Metal Mario
    • Pink Gold Peach
  • Heavy
    • Bowser
    • Wario
    • King K. Rool
    • Morton
Four characters per weight class, except for Cruiser and Metal, which have two characters each; adding up to 40 characters in total. Cruiser consists of large-sized middleweights, while Metal consists of medium-sized heavyweights, which is why there aren't as many Cruiser and Metal characters as with the other weight classes.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
The only thing new that I've been thinking about is future Mario Kart roster inputs, such as the following contents below...

• Feather 1
    • Baby Mario
    • Baby Peach
    • Baby Rosalina
    • Boo
  • Feather 2
    • Baby Luigi
    • Baby Daisy
    • Dry Bones
    • Lemmy
  • Light 1
    • Toad
    • Toadette
    • Koopa Troopa
    • Larry
  • Light 2
    • Diddy Kong
    • Dixie Kong
    • Bowser Jr.
    • Wendy
  • Mid-Light 1
    • Peach
    • Yoshi
    • Hammer Bro
    • Kamek
  • Mid-Light 2
    • Daisy
    • Birdo
    • Tiny Kong
    • Iggy
  • Medium
    • Mario
    • Luigi
    • Cranky Kong
    • Ludwig
  • Cruiser
    • Rosalina
    • Waluigi
  • Mid-Heavy
    • Donkey Kong
    • Honey Queen
    • Kritter
    • Roy
  • Metal
    • Metal Mario
    • Pink Gold Peach
  • Heavy
    • Bowser
    • Wario
    • King K. Rool
    • Morton
Four characters per weight class, except for Cruiser and Metal, which have two characters each; adding up to 40 characters in total. Cruiser consists of large-sized middleweights, while Metal consists of medium-sized heavyweights, which is why there aren't as many Cruiser and Metal characters as with the other weight classes.

Why bother? the next game's roster would probably be lackluster or full of metallic palette swaps and babies , that already exists or not. Wanting a good roster from Nintendo without the help of other developers like Camelot it's just asking too much nowdays.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Why bother? the next game's roster would probably be lackluster or full of metallic palette swaps and babies , that already exists or not. Wanting a good roster from Nintendo without the help of other developers like Camelot it's just asking too much nowdays.
I wonder why there are so many filler characters in Mario Kart. King K Rool vs Daisy should have been a reality by now. Mario Super Sluggers did this in 2008.

I don't mind the Babies at all though....

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This likely won't interest anyone here in terms of actually getting it but I'll post it anyway.

There's this anime dress up game on the 3DS, New Style Boutique 2 I think it's called. It has some Nintendo themed outfits, and they apparently just added a Rosalina themed one as DLC. It's a yukata with blue/space colours and star patterns, as well as a Luma at the front.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton

• Feather 1
    • Baby Mario
    • Baby Peach
    • Baby Rosalina
    • Boo
  • Feather 2
    • Baby Luigi
    • Baby Daisy
    • Dry Bones
    • Lemmy
  • Light 1
    • Toad
    • Toadette
    • Koopa Troopa
    • Larry
  • Light 2
    • Diddy Kong
    • Dixie Kong
    • Bowser Jr.
    • Wendy
  • Mid-Light 1
    • Peach
    • Yoshi
    • Hammer Bro
    • Kamek
  • Mid-Light 2
    • Daisy
    • Birdo
    • Tiny Kong
    • Iggy
  • Medium
    • Mario
    • Luigi
    • Cranky Kong
    • Ludwig
  • Cruiser
    • Rosalina
    • Waluigi
  • Mid-Heavy
    • Donkey Kong
    • Honey Queen
    • Kritter
    • Roy
  • Metal
    • Metal Mario
    • Pink Gold Peach
  • Heavy
    • Bowser
    • Wario
    • King K. Rool
    • Morton
I think Boo instead of King Boo is just stupid, and I there are too many DK characters for my taste.

I'd replace Tiny for Petey, Kritter for Luma and either Cranky or Dixie for Ashley from Wario Ware, if DK can get characters then so should Wario Ware.

I'd also get rid of the metal characters ~sigh~

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think Boo instead of King Boo is just stupid, and I there are too many DK characters for my taste.

I'd replace Tiny for Petey, Kritter for Luma and either Cranky or Dixie for Ashley from Wario Ware, if DK can get characters then so should Wario Ware.

I'd also get rid of the metal characters ~sigh~
It's mostly a balance type of thing, in regards to how many characters are in a single weight class.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Introducing, Mario Kart 9 (or 10 will be the console one and 9 the handheld)! With all new courses, 200CC is back and faster than ever, and we have quite the array of characters in this roster because rosters have characters, I think. And we all know how much the fans love characters these days. We took a look back at Mario Kart 8 for inspiration, and we thought we could make a great roster better. Since Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach stuck with us after we made the DLC, we wanted to make sure they were in the initial game right away. Who needs alternate costumes when you've got roster slots? We wanted to give players a chance to experience different weight classes for the human characters, so we wanted to make it more open by adding Baby Wario, Baby Waluigi, Baby Yoshi, and Baby Donkey Kong. When in doubt, if we need a little more to complement our new gimmick on new hardware in a new installment, we figured metallic colors will help remind you. With Green Silver Luigi, Yellow Bronze Daisy, Rainbow Platinum Bowser, and so on. We thought about either bringing back Bowser Jr. or adding Baby Bowser, but we decided to take on a new idea and make Teenage Bowser. We feel this is the best way to add variety and fresh new things in a roster filled to the brim with uniqueness. However, we had to make room, and decided to continue our trend of removing characters that are in Supper Smash Thingy like Rosalina, Link, and Villager. Also, every character will eventually have their own amiibo 2.0 figurine. Buy it today!

They should remove Rosalina from Mario Kart tbh. She's too distracting.
Wow, it's really Rosalina! Her hair always looks perfect even at high wind speeds. I wonder if she'll notice me-
*crash*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom