• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Nearly noone did, that's because strongly enlightened images are harder to focalize, I forgot that when reducing the size of the image, and the same was going to happen when I remade it.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Nearly noone did, that's because strongly enlightened images are harder to focalize, I forgot that when reducing the size of the image, and the same was going to happen when I remade it.
I did notice when your pic had color.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well that's why I'm asking does it have it before I'm considering going against my word and open up a Skype account.
Yes, it does have instant message, but of course the person who you chat has to be online.
You can also make Skype group and do mic chats as well, Shulk groups are doing this often recently.

If you did consider to make a Skype account,hope you can add me!

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
So my computer won't be avaible to me probably starting tomorrow, and I had nothing to do, so I decided to make this.
Contrast.png

Aside from the characters, the picture differs from 8-bit-man's instructions as there are two lines dividing them, of opposite colors to enlighten the contrast, a blurred semi-trasparent air bush( with an ondulatory path) to further enlighten the contrast, and it lacks the squishiness he was asking for, whatever he meant. Also when I was thinking of it, I thought about putting Rosa and Greninja to the sides and Kirby to the center, creating progressive contrast as well as simmetry.

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
Oh man, you actually lost to Bowser Jr? Losing to Bowser Jr will be already a bad day for me cuz I lose to a character I don't like, if someone in your tournament says"Bowser Jr deserves to be in Smash more than Rosalina." I'm gonna punch that guy in the face (Just kidding)
No no, I beat the Bowser Jr. I lost against Captain Falcon. I'm kind of relieved because the guy that used Captain Falcon that eliminated me went on to win the tournament, so it's not like I had a chance. LOL.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
@ NintenRob NintenRob I think I just got what you want me to divide them, but you've gotta have a premium account to make them any recognizable by cutting the non-premium maximum height in three and two parts.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
No no, I beat the Bowser Jr. I lost against Captain Falcon. I'm kind of relieved because the guy that used Captain Falcon that eliminated me went on to win the tournament, so it's not like I had a chance. LOL.
Oh... sorry I misread your post...
But anyway, you had tried your best. Hope you can do better next time!

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
That somewhat looks like how I thought of an upgrade of her, except for those wings being drastically bigger and evanescent, as well as having different alterations from her base form and having a white color scheme. Also, what has been the earring turned in?

Last edited:

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
I've seen the movie but I didn't relate to that, partially because it's not the first time that I see a character full of dark colors with pointy dresses and horns. Anyway, I think that the flame should have been green, if that was the case.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So my computer won't be avaible to me probably starting tomorrow, and I had nothing to do, so I decided to make this.
View attachment 68946
Aside from the characters, the picture differs from 8-bit-man's instructions as there are two lines dividing them, of opposite colors to enlighten the contrast, a blurred semi-trasparent air bush( with an ondulatory path) to further enlighten the contrast, and it lacks the squishiness he was asking for, whatever he meant. Also when I was thinking of it, I thought about putting Rosa and Greninja to the sides and Kirby to the center, creating progressive contrast as well as simmetry.
Not quite, but thats probably better than what I had in my mind since it focuses the character better. What I was thinking is flipping it on its side

Very quick oppurtunity to show what i'm saying (I'm at tafe)
Capture.PNG

As you said, its a bit too big unless I go premium which I will never do.

Here's my album
http://m.imgur.com/a/Gd04Y

Nice Pics I like of mains

And that other kirby pic, but feel free to use other screen shots if they have the same colour

Attachments

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Here's a video of most of the Amiibo costumes for most of the currently released Amiibos in North America.

Rosalina is included.

-She has Luma with her, though he is silent.
-Uses Laura Faye Smith voice clips. "Here I go!" when you actually transform into her, and an assortment of her jump voice clips from 3D World for when you jump.
-Along with her voice clips, her jump sound effects are also changed to be more realistic sounding, rather than retro sounding. Think of when you jump off a stone surface as Rosalina in 3D World. It's the exact same sound effect.
-Since all other characters except for the Pokémon have unique level clear themes, Rosalina will have one too, though it isn't shown in the video. Most other characters use their own iconic level clear themes from their games of origin, so it will likely be the Galaxy level clear theme for Rosalina (the jingle used for her victory theme in Smash).

Last edited:

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles

Here's a video of most of the Amiibo costumes for most of the currently released Amiibos in North America.

Rosalina is included.

-Uses Laura Faye Smith voice clips. "Here I go!" when you actually transform into her, and an assortment of her jump voice clips from 3D World for when you jump.
-Along with her voice clips, her jump sound effects are also changed to be more realistic sounding, rather than retro sounding. Think of when you jump off a stone surface as Rosalina in 3D World. It's the exact same sound effect.
-Since all other characters except for the Pokémon have unique level clear themes, Rosalina will have one too, though it isn't shown in the video. Most other characters use their own iconic level clear themes from their games of origin, so it will likely be the Galaxy level clear theme for Rosalina (the jingle used for her victory theme in Smash).
8-bit Rosie is so adorable <3

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Not quite, but thats probably better than what I had in my mind since it focuses the character better. What I was thinking is flipping it on its side

Very quick oppurtunity to show what i'm saying (I'm at tafe)
View attachment 69009

As you said, its a bit too big unless I go premium which I will never do.

Here's my album
http://m.imgur.com/a/Gd04Y

Nice Pics I like of mains

And that other kirby pic, but feel free to use other screen shots if they have the same colour
That is one of the best Game & Watch pics I've seen. He looks so transparent and fits into the background.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Something like this happens to me online with every character all of the time, but it's a known bug. Basically, if you have your C-Stick set to Smash, and you try to use it online with even a bit of lag, it will treat it as being set to Jab at random. It has cost me a lot of matches, especially since it effects aerials too. It's one of the reasons I don't really play online anymore. It never happens offline either.

I'm not sure what could be causing your problem, though maybe try double checking your controller settings.
It happens to me most of the time online, though this also happens when I play as my other 4 mains, not just Rosalina. Like Aaron, there were times where I want to do like say...a down tilt, I ended up doing a neural attack instead (this always happens when I play as Mega Man), which sucks balls. Works fine offline though but I don't know why this happens when playing online.
(I'm a bit late)

Thanks for the answer, at least I'm not alone. So, I'll just have to deal with it.

Rosalina is included.

Oh my, she's so damn cute.
I maybe shouldn't put her voice on the table again, but I hope she'll have the echo again in Mario Tennis Ultra Smash (I assume she'll appear in). There, it's just voice clips from 3D World, so I understand, but that's one of the things I fear for her. They try to normalize her too much recently, I think.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Oh my, she's so damn cute.
I maybe shouldn't put her voice on the table again, but I hope she'll have the echo again in Mario Tennis Ultra Smash (I assume she'll appear in). There, it's just voice clips from 3D World, so I understand, but that's one of the things I fear for her. They try to normalize her too much recently, I think.
That's what I don't like. They're trying to get rid of all that **** that made her such an amazing character in the first place.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't think she needs the echo for playable platforming appearances. In 3D World, they likely did away with the echo because it would cover the other characters voices too much in multiplayer.

She was still God tier in 3D World.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I don't think she needs the echo for playable platforming appearances. In 3D World, they likely did away with the echo because it would cover the other characters voices too much in multiplayer.
I'm not sure of that. I mean, she doesn't cover the voices of the other characters in Smash. I don't mention Mario Kart, as one doesn't hear the other characters voices constantly.
I think 3D World is certainly her "worst" appeareance (when I mean worst, it's like one level under her other appearances). Rosalina used to have a echo in her voice. She's also always floating. In this game, she doesn't do anything of that. She sure has the spin attack, but that's not the only power she has. Also, that's the first game where she's depicted as jumping high.
It means the two basic things they did for her in Mario Galaxy got lost somewhere (I noticed however her 8-bit sprite is floating in Mario Maker). Maybe floating wasn't really logic in this game, but she does float in Smash, and can still die because of falling.

In fact, I could ignore that, after all, that's not that important, but it seems like the beginning of her normalization, something I wouldn't personally like...

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm not sure of that. I mean, she doesn't cover the voices of the other characters in Smash. I don't mention Mario Kart, as one doesn't hear the other characters voices constantly.
I think 3D World is certainly her "worst" appeareance (when I mean worst, it's like one level under her other appearances). Rosalina used to have a echo in her voice. She's also always floating. In this game, she doesn't do anything of that. She sure has the spin attack, but that's not the only power she has. Also, that's the first game where she's depicted as jumping high.
It means the two basic things they did for her in Mario Galaxy got lost somewhere (I noticed however her 8-bit sprite is floating in Mario Maker). Maybe floating wasn't really logic in this game, but she does float in Smash, and can still die because of falling.

In fact, I could ignore that, after all, that's not that important, but it seems like the beginning of her normalization, something I wouldn't personally like...
I think her 3D World voice is too high pitched...
But glad to see her sprite anyways.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina does float when she's standing still in 3D World, but it doesn't matter, it's a platforming game so it makes sense she would run around. Unlike Smash, the hitboxes can't be different between characters. That's also why she is so small in 3D World.

I think her 3D World voice is too high pitched...
But glad to see her sprite anyways.
Her 3D World voice clips are often deeper than anything Mercedes Rose and Kerri Kane have.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina does float when she's standing still in 3D World, but it doesn't matter, it's a platforming game so it makes sense she would run around. Unlike Smash, the hitboxes can't be different between characters. That's also why she is so small in 3D World.

Her 3D World voice clips are often deeper than anything Mercedes Rose and Kerri Kane have.
Hm... I still like Kerri Kane's voice the most, but overall, they're all not bad.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Out of the three who voiced Rosalina, Mercedes Rose will always be the best, though Kerri Kane was still alright.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's just meant to be a cutesy design, so the lips are exaggerated. Rosalina's big lips are one of her most noticeable features, so cutesy drawings of her tend to exaggerate them for cuteness effect.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Rosalina does float when she's standing still in 3D World, but it doesn't matter, it's a platforming game so it makes sense she would run around
That's what kind of disburb me with the game. The logic. I understand Rosalina not having the totality of her powers, because of some kind of logic, but why is she floating when not unlocked? Why can she use her shield? And then, when she joins the group... None of that. Where her powers went? It's logic she doesn't have them when playable, because she has to be at the same level as the other characters, so why did they show them first?
It's a semi-logic, where they try to do something and... nope.
Anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom