• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Nah, just don't take theory videos like the Game Theory seriously.
And such as this video, it's actually from Vsauce3, which mostly do gaming theories, but it's more informative than Game Theory imo. But still, I don't take this video that seriously. I already know some in this video.

I can't ignore the theory, because it's constantly brought up within the fandom and a lot of people latch onto it as if it's canon.

And I don't think "it's just a theory" is a reason to not criticise it. The entire point of a theory is that it's trying to prove something and establish it as fact. It's the second stage of the scientific process. As such, a theory is supposed to be well backed up, no matter what it is. Therefore, if there are problems with it, they should be addressed.

There's also the fact that MatPat himself isn't the most respectable individual, he has a very childish attitude when defending his theories. In one of his most recent theories about FNAF 4, he basically tried to say the entire game doesn't make sense to happen. The developer of the game himself commented on the video, stating that MatPat had missed some crucial points in the story, and also clarified that DLC would further expand the game. The comment became the top voted comment, but MatPat deleted it.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I am the protector of Space, Overseer of the Galaxy, Guardian to many!
WiiU_screenshot_TV_01450.jpg

And I once ate the cosmos!

Rosalina is not amused

Luma is not amused

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
I can't ignore the theory, because it's constantly brought up within the fandom and a lot of people latch onto it as if it's canon.

And I don't think "it's just a theory" is a reason to not criticise it. The entire point of a theory is that it's trying to prove something and establish it as fact. It's the second stage of the scientific process. As such, a theory is supposed to be well backed up, no matter what it is. Therefore, if there are problems with it, they should be addressed.

There's also the fact that MatPat himself isn't the most respectable individual, he has a very childish attitude when defending his theories. In one of his most recent theories about FNAF 4, he basically tried to say the entire game doesn't make sense to happen. The developer of the game himself commented on the video, stating that MatPat had missed some crucial points in the story, and also clarified that DLC would further expand the game. The comment became the top voted comment, but MatPat deleted it.
Any chance that someone managed to save the comment?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I actually think some of MatPat's puns are funny when he makes his videos. And they are just video game theories, I never take them too seriously. Will I ever think that if I'm evil when I am playing Super Mario? Not really....
I'm really not interested with theories and canons, so that's why I often stay silent when there's a canon argument. If you think you have a legit proofs to backup your theory or canon, I'm willing to see it but I won't try to criticize your canons, unless they are too far fetched.
And I only watch the videos that I'm interested, I was never interested at FNAF theories. And the I wonder why the game developer decided to release FNAF4 early anyway? And we aren't sure if he had stated that he will release DLC before or after that video.
MatPat may be childish when defending his theories, but you can't deny that he is a funny and entertaining Youtuber.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655

Yikes! It got deleted? That really was the wrong way to treat that comment posted by the creator of the game he theorized and has upcoming DLC for with expanded story. That's just sad.
Any chance that someone managed to save the comment?
Someone saved it in video form.
I actually think some of MatPat's puns are funny when he makes his videos. And they are just video game theories, I never take them too seriously. Will I ever think that if I'm evil when I am playing Super Mario? Not really....
I'm really not interested with theories and canons, so that's why I often stay silent when there's a canon argument. If you think you have a legit proofs to backup your theory or canon, I'm willing to see it but I won't try to criticize your canons, unless they are too far fetched.
And I only watch the videos that I'm interested, I was never interested at FNAF theories. And the I wonder why the game developer decided to release FNAF4 early anyway? And we aren't sure if he had stated that he will release DLC before or after that video.
MatPat may be childish when defending his theories, but you can't deny that he is a funny and entertaining Youtuber.
At the end of the day, I just see him as an entertaining channel with a neat idea behind it. Nothing to take too seriously, but just for fun.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yikes! It got deleted? That really was the wrong way to treat that comment posted by the creator of the game he theorized and has upcoming DLC for with expanded story. That's just sad.

Someone saved it in video form.

At the end of the day, I just see him as an entertaining channel with a neat idea behind it. Nothing to take too seriously, but just for fun.
I kind of think that wasn't appropriate too, MatPat should make another video about this.

I rare watch his videos recently because they aren't Nintendo related.

And check out this video:

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
So I'm about to leave for my first Smash 4 tournament ever :) It's a pretty big tournament in Venezuela, and I'm going to use Rosalina. I hope to leave her name up high :D I'm not too confident about my skills today, though. My Pro Controller's stick has been acting weird lately...

Anyway, wish me luck guys!!

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So I'm about to leave for my first Smash 4 tournament ever :) It's a pretty big tournament in Venezuela, and I'm going to use Rosalina. I hope to leave her name up high :D I'm not too confident about my skills today, though. My Pro Controller's stick has been acting weird lately...

Good luck! Hope you win!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

I didn't know until now that you're from Venezuela.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
...I honestly think the MK8 models are better in a lot of ways. The mouth movements and eye movements are much more dynamic, for example. Mario honestly looks better in MK8 IMO.

MK8 Rosalina may not look as nice as Smash Rosalina, though Smash Rosalina did get a design update, so that's difference. And that's only me talking about normal Rosalina, Biker Rosalina still looks impressive IMO.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just took a look at the model previews on MR, and I think the ones they uploaded for Rosalina are actually the low poly ones for split-screen. When you are playing split-screen in MK8, only your character retains their high poly model on your screen. Your opponents will actually have a low poly one and they will have fewer frames of animation too.

The big giveaway is the biker model - it lacks creases. The high ploy model has creases. Just look at the model they uploaded for Peach as a comparison:

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Except Rosalina's ''desing'' update in Smash is abysmal and almost non-existent when compared to Peach (example) who looks Drastically different when compared to her usual ''Mario series'' models and renders.

The model in the Models Resurce of Rosalina looks really really 'dark' and doesn't look as good as Mario , Peach , or even the Baby Princesess who have good lighting and look like the ones in MK8.

Rosalina's uploaded model has to be the low poly one , it just doesn't look like MK8 at all.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's quite dumb, since Rosalina isn't even related to the Mario Bros., nor Peach. In fact, if anything, she was born long before they even existed.
I have already requested the Youtuber who made that debunking MatPat FNAF4's theory video make a video debunking his Rosalina video too.
He's not a big Youtuber yet, but he really has a huge potential. He's also not the only one who makes debunkng GT videos, Gnoggin had made these video for quite a while too. He also had made a video about the consequences of game theories.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I have already requested the Youtuber who made that debunking MatPat FNAF4's theory video make a video debunking his Rosalina video too.
He's not a big Youtuber yet, but he really has a huge potential. He's also not the only one who makes debunkng GT videos, Gnoggin had made these video for quite a while too. He also had made a video about the consequences of game theories.
The nature of your request is really ... childish.
Gametheory is all about entertainment , and the other videos in the other guy's channel are boring as it feels like he is taking Gametheory too seriously , there's a lot of dislikes proving that.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The nature of your request is really ... childish.
Gametheory is all about entertainment , and the other videos in the other guy's channel are boring as it feels like he is taking Gametheory too seriously , there's a lot of dislikes proving that.
Childish eh? I big to differ...
No, really, don't get me wrong, I know that his videos are all about entertainment, but I just hope someone can debunk his most controversial ones, like FNAF4's theory video. And again like I said Gnoggin had made videos like those too.
Making a debunk video is actually just try to give a one or two opinion on the theory, this doesn't really mean "taking the theory too seriously" because I personally think that video really needs some points being debunked in a scientific way.
Here's what did that youtuber said in the youtube comments:
To EVERYONE: I do not have anything against MatPat or "Game Theory" at all! I love the show so much, as I've almost seen every episode since the show's been out so there is definitely no hate on the show. I just wanted to clarify that some of his data was wrong, that's all! ;) Also, I definitely plan to make more videos which include original theories! The first one will be coming out on Monday so look out for that!
I am with that Youtuber, trying to debunk one of his theory about games doesn't means you are against or hate MatPat.

And yeah, that video get plenty of dislikes, but it doesn't exceed the number of likes.

And here's another video that I like to share

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Except Rosalina's ''desing'' update in Smash is abysmal and almost non-existent when compared to Peach (example) who looks Drastically different when compared to her usual ''Mario series'' models and renders.

The model in the Models Resurce of Rosalina looks really really 'dark' and doesn't look as good as Mario , Peach , or even the Baby Princesess who have good lighting and look like the ones in MK8.

Rosalina's uploaded model has to be the low poly one , it just doesn't look like MK8 at all.
...What's so "abysmal" about it? It simply gives her gown a sheen and some stars, as well as the universe up her gown. It's just a bit of extra detail in her textures since Smash is a more detailed game in terms of art style.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
...What's so "abysmal" about it? It simply gives her gown a sheen and some stars, as well as the universe up her gown. It's just a bit of extra detail in her textures since Smash is a more detailed game in terms of art style.
Abysmal , not because it looks bad , (it's actually the opposite) but because it doesn't really look different other than The stars in her gown and the void under her dress.

Her desing is basically the same in a slighly different gown.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
"Abysmal" is to say that the design is inherently bad.

It doesn't change much, but it doesn't need to. There are enough noticeable differences for it to be different, but it still retains it's identity.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
"Abysmal" is to say that the design is inherently bad.

It doesn't change much, but it doesn't need to. There are enough noticeable differences for it to be different, but it still retains it's identity.
My point is that it doesn't deserve to be called an ''Update'' since it's basically her , with a slightly new dress.

But anyway , that doesn't matter.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So is Peach though. I don't see how it's different. Both of them are just the same clothes with some extra details added. They did it with the other Mario characters too, in that you can see the texture on their clothes.

Oh, and I suppose Peach's face got fixed, since it always looks bad outside of Smash in 3D. Until the new Mario Tennis on Wii U came around, that is. Though that's just more competent modelling and less a redesign.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Hey there, I was wondering something pretty... problematic. Since I play Smash on Wii U, Rosalina sometimes doesn't react when I strike the buttons. I mean, it especially happens with the her saturnian rings down... Online or offline, she does a neutral air... But sometimes too, the shield doesn't appear when I strike the button. And even disappear when it wants. Or she doesn't float when I ask her. I won't do the entire list there...
I allow me to ask there, because whatever the controller is (well, except the Gamecube controller as I don't have any), it always happens, and only with her.
And after trying with 4 Wii remotes (and their nunchuks), two Wii u pro controllers and the gamepad, I have to say I 'm not convince it's my controllers fault. But if that doesn't happen to you...

I know this isn't necessarily the place, but it happens only with Rosalina :smash:

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hey there, I was wondering something pretty... problematic. Since I play Smash on Wii U, Rosalina sometimes doesn't react when I strike the buttons. I mean, it especially happens with the her saturnian rings down... Online or offline, she does a neutral air... But sometimes too, the shield doesn't appear when I strike the button. And even disappear when it wants. Or she doesn't float when I ask her. I won't do the entire list there...
I allow me to ask there, because whatever the controller is (well, except the Gamecube controller as I don't have any), it always happens, and only with her.
And after trying with 4 Wii remotes (and their nunchuks), two Wii u pro controllers and the gamepad, I have to say I 'm not convince it's my controllers fault. But if that doesn't happen to you...

I know this isn't necessarily the place, but it happens only with Rosalina :smash:
Rosalina sometimes doesn't react when you strike buttons? And both online and offline?
Well, you have to press the buttons properly, but it's really hard to tell what is the problem by just looking at your text...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Something like this happens to me online with every character all of the time, but it's a known bug. Basically, if you have your C-Stick set to Smash, and you try to use it online with even a bit of lag, it will treat it as being set to Jab at random. It has cost me a lot of matches, especially since it effects aerials too. It's one of the reasons I don't really play online anymore. It never happens offline either.

I'm not sure what could be causing your problem, though maybe try double checking your controller settings.

------------

Posting this because there isn't enough Cat Rosalina fanart.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Something like this happens to me online with every character all of the time, but it's a known bug. Basically, if you have your C-Stick set to Smash, and you try to use it online with even a bit of lag, it will treat it as being set to Jab at random. It has cost me a lot of matches, especially since it effects aerials too. It's one of the reasons I don't really play online anymore. It never happens offline either.

I'm not sure what could be causing your problem, though maybe try double checking your controller settings.

------------

Posting this because there isn't enough Cat Rosalina fanart.

Um... can't see the pic.
Oh wait I can see it when in my typing section.
(After refreshing the page), now I can't see it...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

It happens to me most of the time online, though this also happens when I play as my other 4 mains, not just Rosalina. Like Aaron, there were times where I want to do like say...a down tilt, I ended up doing a neural attack instead (this always happens when I play as Mega Man), which sucks balls. Works fine offline though but I don't know why this happens when playing online.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Biker Rosalina model on MR is definitely the split screen version. I tried playing around with it and as you can see, it doesn't look much different from the MK Wii one.

lowpolyrosalina.png

EDIT: Oh hey, yet another example of why Rosalina gets the best fan art.

Last edited:

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
The Biker Rosalina model on MR is definitely the split screen version. I tried playing around with it and as you can see, it doesn't look much different from the MK Wii one.

View attachment 68725

Welp. That's it. I'm done. Just when I thought she couldn't get any more beautiful, this comes along. I could die tomorrow and consider it a full life.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

View attachment 68725

If there was a poster like that one, I'd buy it in a heart beat.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Tbh I'm tempted to buy a print of Rosalina, something in a similar style to that image maybe. Then if I get a Kingdom Hearts poster too I'll have some nice fantastical posters in my room.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
That is a pretty fine art, though there's something strange with the brooch and the yellow luma.
It also looks like that dress would fit in a samurai contest.
Y'know, oriental outfits like Chun Li's and Bayonetta's Rakshasa ones can outline, with long trails of dress, swift and elegant movements, wich are mostly associated with slim-looking swords and the art of one-handed swords in general. The trails are more and longer compared to those two but it works just as well, if not more.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm tempted to make that picture of mine with Rosalina Kirby my avatar.

On one hand, it only features 1 1/2 of my mains but my current avatar is just them standing around, I want something a bit more grand yet I still want something with my mains. However, if I were to feature only one main, it would be Kirby. He is my main in every smash and that pic looks so good.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom