• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Just so you guys know, Rosalina's Amiibo is confirmed to be compatible with Super Mario Maker.

I wonder if Luma will be hangin' around her.
Seems that nearly all of he Smash and Super Mario lines are compatible. So I'm not that surprised, but glad to hear this.
I plan to preorder that game a month before it comes out. Good thing I have 8 amiibos in my collection.
I have 7 so ,far, I am planning to buy Villager and Palutena next. But I decided to buy Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, a game that I have always wanted t play for years.
And my mom and dad is gonna scold me abut this again...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I still think the most amazing thing about this is being able to play as Sonic in Super Mario Bros, as an official game.

I will go nuts if they use one of Sonic's 8-bit sprites from the Master System games.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Seems that nearly all of he Smash and Super Mario lines are compatible. So I'm not that surprised, but glad to hear this.

I have 7 so ,far, I am planning to buy Villager and Palutena next. But I decided to buy Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, a game that I have always wanted t play for years.
And my mom and dad is gonna scold me abut this again...
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D? Damn, I haven't gotten far into that one yet. I gotta finish it before Xenoblade Chronicles X comes out.
And I just preordered Super Mario Maker from GameStop just now. Seems that you get a free Super Mario 30th anniversary poster for doing so, but the thing is I don't want it.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D? Damn, I haven't gotten far into that one yet. I gotta finish it before Xenoblade Chronicles X comes out.
And I just preordered Super Mario Maker from GameStop just now. Seems that you get a free Super Mario 30th anniversary poster for doing so, but the thing is I don't want it.
I got the money to buy the game, I had only watch a bit of it's walkthrough videos. My brother got Wii U, but not sure when will they buy Xenoblade Chronicles X

So, if you don't want that poster, what are you going to do with it? Give it to other people who want it could be a great idea.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I got the money to buy the game, I had only watch a bit of it's walkthrough videos. My brother got Wii U, but not sure when will they buy Xenoblade Chronicles X

So, if you don't want that poster, what are you going to do with it? Give it to other people who want it could be a great idea.
Maybe. I still haven't decided yet.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I like how Mario Maker handled amiibo, use them to unlock costumes, but not necessary to get those costumes.

That said, not a fan of the unlock systems, forcing us to wait a day before you can use something.

Also, @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy , I saw your picture for the Miiverse contest. I like how took advantage of Mario and Peach already being in Giga Bowser's trophy and I like the use of Yoshi's salt trophy.

That said, if I'm to be honest I don't think its a winner because it feels like generic use of unity.

I tried to have a picture of characters from multiple franchise and I thought uniting people who are normally together just felt wasted and uniting to fight something felt generic. So I had a picture of Ness, Sable Prince and Dr Wright with their fingers touching with Tippi on their finger.

The title was "Even the little things we share" or something along those lines
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACXVHhm-em3hg

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well judging by that story you shared about about how he got mad at y'all for getting a Wii U, you can bet your dad will be like

Not even close LOL.

He will just give me a long face.

C3CC

Smash Lord
The fact that Rosalina is one of the (if not THE) most hated fighters in Smash makes me actually...

Happy. I just can feel the salt everywhere. It's so fun that people just don't know how to handle her sheer power and awesomeness.

At least that's only in Smash. People do like her as a character overall. I've heard many people say "I like Rosalina a lot, but I just despise her in Smash Bros".

:)

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
The fact that Rosalina is one of the (if not THE) most hated fighters in Smash makes me actually...

Happy. I just can feel the salt everywhere. It's so fun that people just don't know how to handle her sheer power and awesomeness.

At least that's only in Smash. People do like her as a character overall. I've heard many people say "I like Rosalina a lot, but I just despise her in Smash Bros".

:)
Same case with Funky Kong in Mario Kart Wii. They don't really hate the character , they hate their stats , assets , etc...
No need to feel happy about irrational hate , that's irrelevant.

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
Same case with Funky Kong in Mario Kart Wii. They don't really hate the character , they hate their stats , assets , etc...
No need to feel happy about irrational hate , that's irrelevant.
Well, in my case, I do hate Funky Kong as a character. I don't like his personality, let alone his stupidly loud and annoying voice, which is the same reason why I loathe Daisy so much.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
DIscovered that on tumblr. Wand and Luma... I was thinking both couldn't make it, but apparently yes. I wonder what her music of victory will be. The same as Smash ?

Attachments

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh my god they looks so adorable.

It actually looks like Rosalina has the apricot hair colour she had as a child too.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Any of you guys see the Game Theory of Peach and Luigi being the Mother and Father of Rosalina?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Oh my god they looks so adorable.

It actually looks like Rosalina has the apricot hair colour she had as a child too.
It looks awesome!
Any of you guys see the Game Theory of Peach and Luigi being the Mother and Father of Rosalina?
Wasn't that video like last year? And that is just a theory, not everyone accepts that. How can they be Rosalina's parents if she has been existed like hundreds of years?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's been talked about to death and anyone with a good head on their shoulders has concluded that it's pretty much utterly terrible drivel. It misses a lot of basic facts about Rosalina that disprove the theory before it has even started.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Yes.

In my opinion it's interesting , the video itself is at least , the way he explained it.

I would never understand why some people get stupidly (because it is stupid , really) upset about it , its ridiculous.

I , however , highly doubt that it's true , since Mario , Luigi , Peach , etc are characters that have existed since forever meanwhile Rosalina debuted in 2007 with plenty of background.

At this point , making ties with the most relevant characters in the franchise seems pointless and then there's the fact that Rosalina's mother is dead and yada yada...

Nevertheless , something that got me thinking was that i saw Kerri Kane comment about this , when asked something like ''Why did you take the role in MK7 over Mercedes Rose''.

She answered that probably because , Nintendo wanted to go on a different direction with Rosalina , making her sound younger than before and that Perhaps it has to do with the Mario/Luigi/Peach Daugther Theory. This makes some sense as Rosalina used to sound OLDER Than all the characters and now she sounds basically Like a teenager version of herself or a more ''Peachy'' version of herself giving the impression that she is portrayed as Younger than before.

But that's just an interesting comment that i saw , nothing really taken as a ''fact'' , just comments.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's been talked about to death and anyone with a good head on their shoulders has concluded that it's pretty much utterly terrible drivel. It misses a lot of basic facts about Rosalina that disprove the theory before it has even started.
Nah, just don't take theory videos like the Game Theory seriously.
And such as this video, it's actually from Vsauce3, which mostly do gaming theories, but it's more informative than Game Theory imo. But still, I don't take this video that seriously. I already know some in this video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom