• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The Biker Rosalina model on MR is definitely the split screen version. I tried playing around with it and as you can see, it doesn't look much different from the MK Wii one.

View attachment 68725

EDIT: Oh hey, yet another example of why Rosalina gets the best fan art.

It looks really beautiful! But the right Luma is this pic didn't draw well...

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
I'm tempted to make that picture of mine with Rosalina Kirby my avatar.

On one hand, it only features 1 1/2 of my mains but my current avatar is just them standing around, I want something a bit more grand yet I still want something with my mains. However, if I were to feature only one main, it would be Kirby. He is my main in every smash and that pic looks so good.

Thoughts?
Just shoop them together, like I did with my avatar with some more work to blend them together under one theme.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Just shoop them together, like I did with my avatar with some more work to blend them together under one theme.
Maybe, but I'm not very skilled in Photoshop and I can basically only use Smashboards on my 3DS, Wii U and mobile (and its not even my own mobile).

Unless someone else can do it for me while I supply the pics? I think a sort of zig zag pattern would be cool

like \/\/ except on its side? Does the explain it? The / being what separates each character?

Last edited:

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Are you trying to say something like this?
image.jpg
That's actually pretty easy, just draw a line on the upper layer and cut away where the character isn't. Starting today I won't be able to use my computer, unfortunately

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That's actually pretty easy, just draw a line on the upper layer and cut away where the character isn't. Starting today I won't be able to use my computer, unfortunately
Hey, I seen this anime, it was one of my most memorable one.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Close, but I think horizontal lines would be preferable, and the lines themselves be kinda like white blurs.

And you'll really do it once you get the chance? Thanks!

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I remember seeing that show, but it went off the air before the series ever reached its conclusion. I hate it when TV stations do that, but they probably lost the licenses to be airing those programs.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
I remember seeing that show, but it went off the air before the series ever reached its conclusion. I hate it when TV stations do that, but they probably lost the licenses to be airing those programs.
Uh, you're speaking to someone that searched the japanese episodes, and found the indipendent ones so lame that he read the manga to see how should have gone. I know that at a certain point the mangaka broke his arm so people were left with what they had, but it's still unclear to me why the translation broke abruptly even before.
Close, but I think horizontal lines would be preferable, and the lines themselves be kinda like white blurs.

And you'll really do it once you get the chance? Thanks!
Looks like I can use my computer for some more, and see if I caught what you're saying

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Test1.png
@ NintenRob NintenRob Does this look like what you're searching for? Is the angle of the line correct? Or does it need more than two images?
Yes, I know that the line is black but I'm too lazy to do it again.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I did read it's manga to see the later story.
Well, other manga to animes like Fairytail, they just temporary stop when the TV show almost pass up to the manga.

Hunter XHunter however, the creator is just lazy...
I must say, it is a glorious avatar indeed.
You changed your avatar to it lol.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Eh, I've lost interest in reading Japanese manga or watching anime. I used to watch a lot of anime back in the day but now, I'm just not feeling it anymore. If I had to pick some of my favorite anime, it would have to be Inuyasha and Yu-Gi-Oh!. Those were the **** right there.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
So ,finally , i created my first Custom Kart in Mario Kart DS.
A remake of the Blue Circuit special
and i updated Rosalina's model , her current model is a modified version of her Mario Kart 7 model.

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 68782 @ NintenRob NintenRob Does this look like what you're searching for? Is the angle of the line correct? Or does it need more than two images?
I would also want to know how to make images like this myself using gimp.

Do you think there would be a guide on how to do so? Like 8 bit man, I would not really know what to call it

Last edited:

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Eh, I've lost interest in reading Japanese manga or watching anime. I used to watch a lot of anime back in the day but now, I'm just not feeling it anymore. If I had to pick some of my favorite anime, it would have to be Inuyasha and Yu-Gi-Oh!. Those were the **** right there.
Uh, it's not like I watch that many shows, the last of them being 24.
For that matter my tastes are pretty simple:
  • Humor
  • Action
  • Dub
  • Soundtrack
It's basically like seeing someone play a game.
Lately my knowledge of the sector has improved because of the shout-outs of an RPG, though.
I would also want to know how to make images like this myself using gimp.

Do you think there would be a guide on how to do so? Like 8 bit man, I would not really know what to call it
I don't have enough knowledge of GIMP, but I think you are searching this.
http://www.elearnhub.org/how-to-cut-out-an-image-using-gimp/
For the rest I just drew a line and blurred it, of course drawing the line before helps with cutting away the unwanted side.

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
People play smash in Venezuela? That's new.
It's not a very big community (we're not even a big country, LOL) but at least there's one.

So I didn't win the tournament but I got to Round 3 in Losers' Bracket. I got eliminated by a Captain Falcon, but I eliminated a Bowser Jr. It was pretty fun and I'm happy with the results because I played my best.

I was, however, kind of bummed because of the amount of hate I got because I main Rosalina. While I played against the Bowser Jr I eliminated, many people behind me were saying things like "She's so stupid", "I hate her so much", "She's not even that good" and so on. One even went on to say "She's the only bad thing about this game". I thought Dabuz exaggerated, and I was shocked to find out by myself that he didn't.

Whatever. I had fun playing as one of my favorite characters and came back home with some recognizition from people who told me I was pretty good for my first tournament :)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's not a very big community (we're not even a big country, LOL) but at least there's one.

So I didn't win the tournament but I got to Round 3 in Losers' Bracket. I got eliminated by a Captain Falcon, but I eliminated a Bowser Jr. It was pretty fun and I'm happy with the results because I played my best.

I was, however, kind of bummed because of the amount of hate I got because I main Rosalina. While I played against the Bowser Jr I eliminated, many people behind me were saying things like "She's so stupid", "I hate her so much", "She's not even that good" and so on. One even went on to say "She's the only bad thing about this game". I thought Dabuz exaggerated, and I was shocked to find out by myself that he didn't.

Whatever. I had fun playing as one of my favorite characters and came back home with some recognizition from people who told me I was pretty good for my first tournament :)
Don't mind them. In the end, complaining about another character and hoping they will be patched and what not only limits other your potential, and that's what those people are doing to themselves.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think what people are failing to understand is that Rosalina is not a fool-proof fighter. She does have some pretty bad match-ups, and it now sounds like I've come across another fighter that just downright destroys her.

There's no reason to nerf fighters if they obviously have some very awful match-ups.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I think what people are failing to understand is that Rosalina is not a fool-proof fighter. She does have some pretty bad match-ups, and it now sounds like I've come across another fighter that just downright destroys her.

There's no reason to nerf fighters if they obviously have some very awful match-ups.
People find her boring, same reasons as Sonic.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

She doesn't have ANY awful match-ups. A few that are trickier than most, but it's more like "she normally dominates, otherwise it just comes down to skill".

A lot of the time, people see one thing they have trouble with, like Meta Knight's Dash Attack or Tornado for example, and basically say "well that's a wrap, match up is bad, it can get Luma".

But they forget that developing new strategies in accordance with troublesome strategies opponents might have is a thing you can do.

I think Rosalina mains need to remember the teachings of old man Shia every once in a while:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Hello star child mains! The Marth Boards are currently discussing the Rosalina vs Marth MU. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

Here is the link to the thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/matc...tly-discussing-rosalina.414156/#post-19947789

Edit: If this isn't the appropriate place to post this, please redirect me.
We got absolutely nothing from the Marth players when I opened the Rosalina vs. Marth match-up thread. I don't know how well the thread at Marth's place will do though.

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
Sorry! didn't realize there was a huge social thread on these boards (Which I can't help but wonder why it isn't stickied unless I am blind). It really is sort of an obscure MU as Marth/Rosa aren't extremely represented, and Marth constantly getting buffs, makes the MU less and less negative (but still imo at least, still negative).

Roughly how long ago was that thread? We are having a new person work on our board's MU thread in an attempt to revitalize it.

Last edited:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
She doesn't have ANY awful match-ups. A few that are trickier than most, but it's more like "she normally dominates, otherwise it just comes down to skill".

A lot of the time, people see one thing they have trouble with, like Meta Knight's Dash Attack or Tornado for example, and basically say "well that's a wrap, match up is bad, it can get Luma".

But they forget that developing new strategies in accordance with troublesome strategies opponents might have is a thing you can do.

I think Rosalina mains need to remember the teachings of old man Shia every once in a while:

Or they can quit whining and adept XD. Good luck telling that to scrubs who hated her along with Luigi and Sheik.

People find her boring, same reasons as Sonic.
Or Cheap along with Sheik.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sorry! didn't realize there was a huge social thread on these boards (Which I can't help but wonder why it isn't stickied unless I am blind). It really is sort of an obscure MU as Marth/Rosa aren't extremely represented, and Marth constantly getting buffs, makes the MU less and less negative (but still imo at least, still negative).

Roughly how long ago was that thread? We are having a new person work on our board's MU thread in an attempt to revitalize it.
We have a thread for each specific MU that is constantly open for posting.

We used to have a general MU thread with discussion periods for each character, but it didn't work out too well, as it ended up just being mains of other characters bum rushing with "HERE'S WHY MY CHARACTER WILL REMOVE ROSALINA FROM THE META".

The Marth discussion was one notable instance of that.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

The thread is open for any discussions, even if Rosalina isn't focusing on Marth right now.

http://smashboards.com/threads/410743/

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47

If they don't like who you play, then its their problem. I face a Roy player wuth Luigi one time, and he told me to "Get good and stop using Luigi" and I laughed after I beat him five times. Scrubs needs to quit ruining the game and to get better.

That artwork looks very nice.
The Biker Rosalina model on MR is definitely the split screen version. I tried playing around with it and as you can see, it doesn't look much different from the MK Wii one.

View attachment 68725

EDIT: Oh hey, yet another example of why Rosalina gets the best fan art.

Rosalina looks very nice in that picture. The Lumas need alittle work, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655

Yep, there's always a way around a tricky situation. In a limitless game like Smash, there are infinite strategies that you can gain and develop. In fact, right now I'm aiming to practice mastering how to escape multi hit attacks and combos, which in the past I've always been hopelessly stuck in. And I'm trying to focus more on Luma tech because I feel I've been to focused on Rosie and Luma together and Rosalina by herself.

Also, those pics would be perfect for the Ice Climbers thread, come to think of it. If skeptics won't listen to me, maybe they'll listen to Shia LaBeouf.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Oh man, you actually lost to Bowser Jr? Losing to Bowser Jr will be already a bad day for me cuz I lose to a character I don't like, if someone in your tournament says"Bowser Jr deserves to be in Smash more than Rosalina." I'm gonna punch that guy in the face (Just kidding)

I remember I face an awful ZSS player yesterday, and she was pretty tough to beat with her lazers etc... he doesn't play well,but I still somehow lose... I think Rosalina really has a slight disadvantage against ZSS...

Your're it's really the matter of skill, if you improve your skill. Even the characters who every thinks it's OP can still be beaten.

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
You're talking to a Dallas Mavericks fan right here. The Miami Heat are aight, though. :awesome:
Too bad the Heat are actually going to be relevant this year XD. All jokes aside, Mad respect for Dirk, he truly is a man's man.
He really is gracefully adapting for his age. Very Tim Duncan-esque.

We have a thread for each specific MU that is constantly open for posting.

We used to have a general MU thread with discussion periods for each character, but it didn't work out too well, as it ended up just being mains of other characters bum rushing with "HERE'S WHY MY CHARACTER WILL REMOVE ROSALINA FROM THE META".

The Marth discussion was one notable instance of that.
Well that's just dumb. Aside from being able to poke Luma away safely, I don't see how Marth "removes Rosa from the meta." Marth is just barely finally getting some viability in the meta, and that's due to the most recent patch.

EL thinks Marth beats Rosa. But maybe you can ask him why. I forgot the reasons.
I gotta ask then. I would argue for the opposite.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
View attachment 68782 @ NintenRob NintenRob Does this look like what you're searching for? Is the angle of the line correct? Or does it need more than two images?
hmm, Not really. Think something like this
(G&W)
/
(Kirby)
\
(ROB)
/
(R&L)
\
(Greninja)

this, but more squished. Its difficult to explain without a decent example. I hope to get some pics soon. And black is fine, The more I think about it, the more it seems white will stand out too much.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Hmm, Maybe.

I just want a really cool picture with Kirby, R.O.B., Rosalina, Mr Game & Watch and Greninja

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom