• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

falln

Smash Ace
hi guys!

i feel a little murky posting this because self-advertising always brings that feeling for me, but this is a pretty big opportunity!

2GG is running a poll of a few socal smashers and the one that gets the most votes gets a paid trip to chicago's E2C regional next month. i'm on the poll and would love the opportunity to showcase rosalina in other regions!

so please if you want more rosalina action then vote for falln on this poll below and if you feel comfortable doing so, share with anyone who is willing to do the same ^__^

http://epoll.me/vote/ACjI-qwzQLo/wh...s-e2c-18-in-chicago-il-on-9-26?fb_ref=Default

thank you guys. i will also have a rosalina : pikachu match mindset finished in a few hours which should be hype since i know a lot of rosas don't like that MU

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
hi guys!

i feel a little murky posting this because self-advertising always brings that feeling for me, but this is a pretty big opportunity!

2GG is running a poll of a few socal smashers and the one that gets the most votes gets a paid trip to chicago's E2C regional next month. i'm on the poll and would love the opportunity to showcase rosalina in other regions!

so please if you want more rosalina action then vote for falln on this poll below and if you feel comfortable doing so, share with anyone who is willing to do the same ^__^

http://epoll.me/vote/ACjI-qwzQLo/wh...s-e2c-18-in-chicago-il-on-9-26?fb_ref=Default

thank you guys. i will also have a rosalina:pikachu match mindset finished in a few hours which should be hype since i know a lot of rosas don't like that MU
I gave you a vote.

You seem to have a solid lead. Hope it keeps up for you!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
hi guys!

thank you guys. i will also have a rosalina:pikachu match mindset finished in a few hours which should be hype since i know a lot of rosas don't like that MU
Already cast my vote for ya. Get your Rosa game on! :)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
She needs a boob job , a nose job and a Hip job (if that even exists lol)

I'm curious , what did you use to make your art? Program.
Well the colours are flat and non-detailed for now so there isn't much sense of depth.

And I used Adobe Illustrator.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
hi guys!

thank you guys. i will also have a rosalina : pikachu match mindset finished in a few hours which should be hype since i know a lot of rosas don't like that MU
Hope you win!
Well the colours are flat and non-detailed for now so there isn't much sense of depth.

And I used Adobe Illustrator.
Ok...
And I had notice that you had become a premium member!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Flat colours are fine, and I consider it a finished piece for now (and I did take inspiration from the 2D Mario artstyle for that - like I used that artstyle but gave her Galaxy/Smash proportions), but I do want to go back and try some things with it for experimentation sake. And I want to be able to make more detailed stuff going forward.

I have a couple of ideas, but what I might do tomorrow is do a facial expression dump.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Flat colors are fine if there's no actual background. You don't want your character to not at least have a shade of the sun when they are clearly exposed.

Granted, making shades can be a little bit tricky, but they do make the overall drawing have much more depth and feel realistic.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Speaking of digital drawings, I did make the following back in June, and showed it at the artwork thread before its closing.

I used GIMP 2 to make it, and is based on the image below.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Speaking of digital drawings, I did make the following back in June, and showed it at the artwork thread before its closing.

I used GIMP 2 to make it, and is based on the image below.

Do you think of making a better drawing of that?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Do you think of making a better drawing of that?
Probably not. It's almost 2 months old, and I'm not all that good with shading anyway.

Actually this reminds me , Flat colors look rather bad when your strokes have the same size.
It can be an inconvenience, but the black outlines had to be thick enough to separate the drawing layers better.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Probably not. It's almost 2 months old, and I'm not all that good with shading anyway.

It can be an inconvenience, but the black outlines had to be thick enough to separate the drawing layers better.
Oh, ok...
Even thought that artwork looks rough, but her eyes look good though.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Speaking of shading, I've been trying to pin down what sytle I should use, but I haven't seen much success. I do like making the colors look like gradients, but the work is real when using Oil Water in Paint Tool SAI. I could use Blur but that's one heck of a learning curve I must master. I'm also fond of doing anime sytle, but those make the drawing less realistic as a result.

See my avatar? I made it myself. Ignoring the fact that Luigi's eyes look so flipping big, I think I have done well with the shadings but I'm friggin' sure I can do much better than this. But this is a thread about Rosalina so I should just shut up about Luigi here.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
@8-bit Man Wait a minute, didn't you want that art of Rosalina to be in your avatar?
Also I missed the Kirby pic you are referring to, partially because in this place I can't see half of the images.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina's nose looks rather ugly on that drawing, or at least, that's how I feel about it.

I don't know, maybe I just prefer Rosalina drawings that depict her with a small nose, such as the following...

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Rosalina's nose looks rather ugly on that drawing, or at least, that's how I feel about it.

I don't know, maybe I just prefer Rosalina drawings that depict her with a small nose, such as the following...

She does normally have a small nose, so that makes sense. I usually prefer ones that lack nostril definition on her unless it's very small and complements the shape of the nose and nose bridge like my avatar.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Yeah, I did think it doesn't look good, but overall the drawing is heartwarming...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's meant to be a more "exaggerated caricature" kind of style, nothing to get upset about. All characters are like that in that style.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
I recall one melting a 3DS to sell it just as well, that is the new art for you, on Steam there always pops a game tagged as "artsistic", where you go around aimlessy without having a proper target and using your imagination to translate the random images you see into important lessons.
For what concerns that picture, that eye looks strange, as do the proportions.

TriTails

Smash Lord
I just found this on eBay. Warning: depressing and horrifying.

Starting bid: $420.69
I cry evretiem.
Luma amiibo? Oh cool-

Da*** happened to Rosalina?

Seriously though, what the bleep is this. Who in their right mind would buy this thing when you can get the actual, better amiibo at around the same price.

Does the amiibo still even work?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I just found this on eBay. Warning: depressing and horrifying.

Starting bid: $420.69
I cry evretiem.
I've seen better amiibos than than. Who in their right mind would want to buy that for over $400? ****in' dumbasses.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I've seen better amiibos than than. Who in their right mind would want to buy that for over $400? ****in' dumbasses.
Let's just hope that amiibo gets down from ebay soon.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Speaking of MTP, is he still on the building of scalpings?

Because IDK if he would do something as that. Scalpers want their amiibos to be selling, and no one wants an amiibo like that. And 30% of the amiibo for $400+? Get out of my face.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Because IDK if he would do something as that. Scalpers want their amiibos to be selling, and no one wants an amiibo like that. And 30% of the amiibo for $400+? Get out of my face.
Even though he thinks that he had taken care of us. He seems to be silent recently, and honest to say we don't really care about him anymore.He made himself really worse and he still doesn't admit it.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Has anyone seen the owner's name? I won't be surprised if it's MTP.
It's a new member and that amiibo is the only thing they're selling. But I'll keep it anonymous.

The last I've heard about *************** is that he was planning on giving away a bunch of amiibos kept hostage in his closet starting with an open Ness. He decided to do giveaways because he already made back the money he spent on all of them apparently. But whatever. Still best to continue ignoring him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom