• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind!

EDIT: I'm somehow surprised by this, but Rosalina is a useable partner in Puzzles & Dragons: SMB Edition! Seems to be at least two different version of her or something - I'm not exactly sure how this game works.

It is not exactly two versions. She just has a evolved form. Edit: Though it is entirely possible to be a different version now that I look at this game more due to her helper role.

Also, ice/water is her default? When was it established she knew ice/water magic? Well, I guess her ice world makes a little more sense now, and at least she seems to get light powers in her evolved formed.

Looking at her position, she seems to be potentially a leader character, so you can put her in the leader spot.

Edit: Nevermind, those only go to Mario and Luigi characters, she can be a helper character though by the looks of it.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind!

EDIT: I'm somehow surprised by this, but Rosalina is a useable partner in Puzzles & Dragons: SMB Edition! Seems to be at least two different version of her or something - I'm not exactly sure how this game works.

Wow, is she actually in the game? Truth be told, I didn't think she would be in it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Considering that the game does utilize the many different characters and forms from the past Mario titles, it wasn't too surprising. It's also amusing how Bowser Jr. can be a part of your team, despite being an antagonistic boss character.

Anyway, I did look at a couple gameplay videos, and it seems that what you have to do is clear the orbs on the touch screen so that your party members can attack, or so that you can heal your party. The orb colors that you clear determine which party members can attack, so clearing multiple ones can allow more party members to attack their enemies. Also, each enemy has a turn counter, and if the counter hits 0, it will either attack or perform a special skill.

Now, in terms of the elemental colors, the red, blue, and green orbs operate in a rock, paper, scissors fashion, with red being good against green, while being resisted by blue. Also, the yellow and purple colors oppose each other.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was surprised she showed up since the game bases it's aesthetic and references on New Super Mario Bros rather than the 3D games. Rosalina never showed up in NSMB, so it surprised me that she's in this.

If they do decide to milk NSMB again though, I'd love for them to include Rosalina as a secret character. Just give her the spin like in 3D World. She'd be broken, but really fun to play as.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Based on the screenshots, Rosalina is normally a water elemental character, which would give her an advantage against fire elemental enemies. But the other one has Rosalina with the water and light elements, so at least it'll be possible to give her more than one element to use in battle.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I was surprised she showed up since the game bases it's aesthetic and references on New Super Mario Bros rather than the 3D games. Rosalina never showed up in NSMB, so it surprised me that she's in this.

If they do decide to milk NSMB again though, I'd love for them to include Rosalina as a secret character. Just give her the spin like in 3D World. She'd be broken, but really fun to play as.
Seeing her in anither NSMB game, will be awesome. Hoping to see her in more Mario games.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'd rather see her more in 3D Mario games than in some boring old 2D side scroller games that is the New Super Mario Bros. series. It just wouldn't be right to me.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I want her to get her own series, but until then, I think they should just implement her into as much games as they can.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'd rather see her more in 3D Mario games than in some boring old 2D side scroller games that is the New Super Mario Bros. series. It just wouldn't be right to me.
NSMB does made me feel boring when I had finished playing it. But I will still hope to see her in more different Mario games.
I want her to get her own series, but until then, I think they should just implement her into as much games as they can.
Totally agreed.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

people like to spout the Nintendo's Lightning meme a lot

But would that really be so bad, even if she was?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Muh feels...

Wow, now this gives us more legit reason of why she is joining so many games these days. Not a delicate artwork but nice story!

Edit:
They are gonna restock Rosalina amiibo!
未命名.png

So this is how Rosalina reacts when you shoot her start bits in SMG. I thought she has a shield to protect her, she will still have that defensing pose when you shoot her star bits in SMG?

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
WiiU_screenshot_TV_0144F.jpg
When I get knocked back and the Luma is pulled back to me, I have it do it's n-air as it does, in case it hits the enemy. Does anybody else do this?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Wow, now this gives us more legit reason of why she is joining so many games these days. Not a delicate artwork but nice story!
Edit:
They are gonna restock Rosalina amiibo!
View attachment 46924
So this is how Rosalina reacts when you shoot her start bits in SMG. I thought she has a shield to protect her, she will still have that defensing pose when you shoot her star bits in SMG?
Well that's good. Now I wanna know when they'll restock her here in the states?

And I already know that one the first time I tried it. Only shot a star bit at here once and she used her arm to shield herself. lol

View attachment 46938 When I get knocked back and the Luma is pulled back to me, I have it do it's n-air as it does, in case it hits the enemy. Does anybody else do this?
It's a common tactic I use every time.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
She has a little smile on her face when you shoot the Star Bits at her, so I always took at as her being playful, like "N'aaaaw stop that tickles!".

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well that's good. Now I wanna know when they'll restock her here in the states?

And I already know that one the first time I tried it. Only shot a star bit at here once and she used her arm to shield herself. lol
And as you see, the saler had 10 Rosalina amiibo set! And 450$ is only about 15$ in the US!

I have never play SMG2, they only have Traditional Chinese version of SMG2. So only had tried to shoot starbits at Lubba. It was boring...
Oh mah gawd.... Found this video on tumblr.
http://puffyland.tumblr.com/post/115608881523/oh-my-god
I almost wish Rosalina could KO all those opponents at once.
God damn Bowser Bowser Bomb, a great vulturing move in multiplyer Smash.
About time i did this one (Who's that voice from XD) Notice the Luma Airlines logo in the seat of the Cosmic Luma.
Who's voice is it? Kerre Kane?

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I can't believe I didn't post this before, but a couple days ago I finally got my Rosalina amiibo!

So amazing! The detail is fantastic! I'm so glad I got an amiibo that didn't have anything wrong with it. <3

My pikachu amiibo is also no longer lonely:

I've been putting in work with my amiibos. Now that I have two, I am grinding in Smash bros for all sorts of customs and trophys with them. :)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I got a perfect model Rosalina Amiibo myself (pictured in my avatar).

Here's some high res photos of it I took the other day:

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
It's been a while since I've posted here. I'm curious, what would Rosalina & Luma add exactly to the mains I already have? (Lucina, Meta Knight, and Mewtwo)

C3CC

Smash Lord
I hate Rosalina's Up Smash. The direction it hits in is just so awkward.

Also, why the hell can't I absorb Zelda's Din's Fire with Gravitational Pull? That makes no sense at all.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Also, why the hell can't I absorb Zelda's Din's Fire with Gravitational Pull? That makes no sense at all.
Rosalina's Up Smash is amazing. It has partial invincibility (her head is invincible during it) just like Mario's, but because of her height, it reaches higher. And since she starts it from her front and bends right down for it, it covers a much better area than Mario's. You can deny so many aerial approaches with Rosalina's Up Smash, it's insane.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

You're saying this as a Rosalina main correct?

I'm not sure I get you because it hits just like every other up-smash. It even gets either intangibility or invincibility (Can't remember which) at certain parts and frames of the move.

Also, Gravitational pull doesn't need to absorb Din's fire, it is way easy to dodge. It's probably not a proper projectile as well to answer your question.

:4greninja:'d by SonicBrawler partly.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Expert Guide on Dodging Din's Fire

Step 1): Jump (or fall, depending on your position).
Step 2): You won, go and punish Zelda.

Works with every character.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I can't believe I didn't post this before, but a couple days ago I finally got my Rosalina amiibo!

So amazing! The detail is fantastic! I'm so glad I got an amiibo that didn't have anything wrong with it. <3

My pikachu amiibo is also no longer lonely:

I've been putting in work with my amiibos. Now that I have two, I am grinding in Smash bros for all sorts of customs and trophys with them. :)
Wow, you have the Pokemon X 3DS XL too.
I got a perfect model Rosalina Amiibo myself (pictured in my avatar).

Here's some high res photos of it I took the other day:

I seen you post this in the Amiibo discussion thread. Looks awesome!
Rosalina's Up Smash is amazing. It has partial invincibility (her head is invincible during it) just like Mario's, but because of her height, it reaches higher. And since she starts it from her front and bends right down for it, it covers a much better area than Mario's. You can deny so many aerial approaches with Rosalina's Up Smash, it's insane.
It is now a more reliable punishing move on stage. With Luma the range is just amazing!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom