• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
But yeah in all seriousness, Rosalina needs to split off into her own series, like Yoshi and Wario did. It makes more sense for her than any other Mario character.

I'd like her to have a game akin to Gravity Rush, with a lot of focus on story and Rosalina's character.

Or at the very least, I'd love for her to star in her own novels.
So the game Gravity Rush has story involved? Imagine they also made Rosalina's new game have a story mode that is related to her storybook, it will be awesome. I am really curious how Nintendo will make her new game look rad if they really thinking of planning one.
Does Nintendo even do novels?

I'd like a Gravity Rush type game for her.

I do wonder if her being in Smash is a test to see if they could give her her own spin-offs.

Who knows at E3 we could hear about a new game starring Rosalina!
We can at least dream it :) if they did, then we are all gonna hype!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Does Nintendo even do novels?

I'd like a Gravity Rush type game for her.

I do wonder if her being in Smash is a test to see if they could give her her own spin-offs.

Who knows at E3 we could hear about a new game starring Rosalina!
I don't know of any official novel spin offs by Nintendo, but the FFXIII saga had a few novels that bridged the gaps between the games. If Nintendo weren't willing to make a game concept for Rosalina, but wanted to do something special with her, I think making a novel or two about her to give us more insight into her character would be a nice alternative. They may not have done it before, but there is a first time for everything.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't know of any official novel spin offs by Nintendo, but the FFXIII saga had a few novels that bridged the gaps between the games. If Nintendo weren't willing to make a game concept for Rosalina, but wanted to do something special with her, I think making a novel or two about her to give us more insight into her character would be a nice alternative. They may not have done it before, but there is a first time for everything.
If not novel, I really hope they can release Rosalina's storybook that they had mentioned before.
But if they did release novel about her, I will want to see it.
And has anyone seen this anime before? This is so cool.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy Since I know you love to use high acceleration vehicles in Mario Kart 8 (Rosalina in the Biddybuggy), I'm sure you'll love it even more since 200cc is coming soon. 200cc is literally the best for lightweights and mid-weights (or high acceleration & handling with heavyweights). I use to play Mario Kart Wii with hacks / mods all the time (even now with custom online servers), and 200cc is something I'm pretty used to.

Here are some examples:

What I will say is that compared to these videos, MK8 most likely doesn't go at 200cc and it's probably 175cc (175cc was also a speed hack in MKW). 175cc is pretty much drive-able with any class and vehicle, so I'd assume it'd be the same for MK8, otherwise it'd be too fast like in the videos I showed (with actual 200cc). Still, lightweights, mid-weights, and high accel / handling stats will dominate "200cc" in MK8.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy Since I know you love to use high acceleration vehicles in Mario Kart 8 (Rosalina in the Biddybuggy), I'm sure you'll love it even more since 200cc is coming soon. 200cc is literally the best for lightweights and mid-weights (or high acceleration & handling with heavyweights). I use to play Mario Kart Wii with hacks / mods all the time (even now with custom online servers), and 200cc is something I'm pretty used to.

Here are some examples:

What I will say is that compared to these videos, MK8 most likely doesn't go at 200cc and it's probably 175cc (175cc was also a speed hack in MKW). 175cc is pretty much drive-able with any class and vehicle, so I'd assume it'd be the same for MK8, otherwise it'd be too fast like in the videos I showed (with actual 200cc). Still, lightweights, mid-weights, and high accel / handling stats will dominate "200cc" in MK8.
200cc... I really can't imagine how fast will it be. It says that you will also need to use breaks?

Goolloom

Smash Apprentice
200cc... I really can't imagine how fast will it be. It says that you will also need to use breaks?
Seriousely, who even uses the breaks in Mario Kart? Even with 200cc, you'll probably just drift and everything will work fine.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Seriousely, who even uses the breaks in Mario Kart? Even with 200cc, you'll probably just drift and everything will work fine.
Well, drifting is to take corners without losing speed. On some very bendy curves, if you drift without breaking, there might be chances that you might hit the wall. Or you go too fast that you might accidentally just fell off, and maybe hard to turn when at full speed?
We'll just see how it works when it releases. Better keep your mind clear when you race at 200cc.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
"The Waifu Kids?"

"sonicbrawler is a douche"

"Sonic confirmed scalper"

"Is this a Super Mario Galaxy manga?"

"What a gentleman"

"Space babes stick together (for real tho, the animation this was based off of was the sex)"

"Bae"

And that's all I've got time/energy for.
All of these are pretty amazing! <3

As for Mario kart 8, now that I'm getting a Rosalina amiibo, and that game is getting an outfit based on her, I might go back to it. Especially with Dry Bowser, Villager, and Isabelle coming soon.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
200cc sure is gonna be pretty intense. Haven't played Mario Kart 8 ever since the first DLC pack came out right before Smash Bros. Wii U came out. I'm definitely gonna go back to it once the second DLC pack comes out.

And then after a week, I won't be playing it again.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
200cc sure is gonna be pretty intense. Haven't played Mario Kart 8 ever since the first DLC pack came out right before Smash Bros. Wii U came out. I'm definitely gonna go back to it once the second DLC pack comes out.

Don't know how much I'm willing to play more of that game myself. I think the most I've done in the game is 50cc. >.>

Anyway, more Rosalina in my Tomadachi life.

Rosalina has gotten over her heartbreak from dry bones and has sinced moved onto filsamech. During Rosalina's confession to him, Palutena intruded and said she also wanted to date him. Filsamech ultimately decided to go with Rosalina. Poor Palutena.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I can't wait to get MK8 and race 200cc with my brother, it will be insane. :)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Have you gotten a Wii U yet?
I hope getting one someday. So scratch that... I need to buy MK8 and Wii U. I am getting bored with my Wii...

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku : Yeah I'm fully aware of the upcoming 200cc update. However, I also know that unlike the 150cc, 200cc is probably going to be an engine class where you need to focus less on high top speeds, and focus more on handling. Of course, it'll probably be a nightmare for the inside drifting bikes when you consider that they can't drift sharply (that's bad news for tracks like the Wii U Rainbow Road).

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
@ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku : Yeah I'm fully aware of the upcoming 200cc update. However, I also know that unlike the 150cc, 200cc is probably going to be an engine class where you need to focus less on high top speeds, and focus more on handling. Of course, it'll probably be a nightmare for the inside drifting bikes when you consider that they can't drift sharply (that's bad news for tracks like the Wii U Rainbow Road).
I had the same thought too. Having a fast speed and poor handling could result frequent edge fall. Especially when doing stunts.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I had the same thought too. Having a fast speed and poor handling could result frequent edge fall. Especially when doing stunts.
And that's an issue that the heavyweight characters will probably have, since their speed stats are high, while their handling stats are low.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
And that's an issue that the heavyweight characters will probably have, since their speed stats are high, while their handling stats are low.
Well what about Rosalina? She is also heavyweight too right?
I might use Toad in 200cc often since he has a better handling.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well what about Rosalina? She is also heavyweight too right?
I might use Toad in 200cc often since he has a better handling.
Rosalina is a lighter character, so her handling is better than that of Bowser, Wario, and Morton; Rosalina's handling maxes out at 3.75/6.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina is a lighter character, so her handling is better than that of Bowser, Wario, and Morton.
She is in heavyweight group, but she has a better handling compare to other heavyweight characters. Wow, no wonder why a lot of people like to use her online.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
She is in heavyweight group, but she has a better handling compare to other heavyweight characters. Wow, no wonder why a lot of people like to use her online.
You would think so, but I still come across players who prefer to use Bowser, Wario, and Morton. Rosalina hasn't been "that" common of a sight on my end.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You would think so, but I still come across players who prefer to use Bowser, Wario, and Morton. Rosalina hasn't been "that" common of a sight on my end.
Really? But Rosalina still appears more common online right? Well, each race is not always like that of course.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Usually lower handling or higher cubic capacity only does make you start the drift earlier, wich can be somewhat problematic during slaloms fragments, but they were still menageable, in fact I menaged to get three stars on every non-DLC course at any cc, mirror 150cc included of course, with yhe Golden Kart, sportive tires and acceleration glider, I wonder if it will be possible to do that in 200cc.
To drag the saints down from Paradise
I instead dragged straightly Metatron since I actually made it considerably faster than them but I enraged just as hard.

Last edited:

Goolloom

Smash Apprentice
The thing is people care about that 0.5 extra speed with the heaviest characters, so rooms i get in have at least one Wario, Bowser or Morton. Lighter heavies aren't that common, but when I see them it's indeed Rosalina. Sometimes there's Metal Mario because he has the same speed and handling of lighter heavies (D.K, Waluigi, Rosalina, Link and Roy) but still has the weight and acceleration of the heaviest

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Is there a particular reason that Rosalina wears a crown? She's not royalty (as far as we know, anyway).

Speaking of MK8, my "main" is Baby Rosalina because I love the lightweights and it's an even cuter version of Rosalina, so it's like the best thing ever. I just wish Bowser Jr. was in it, too. I loved having him in Double Dash (and I think he was in Wii, too? I played that game like twice so idk).

Also, why does LL nair and dair have to be frame perfect? It's pretty difficult to get it consistently. ;-;

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Is there a particular reason that Rosalina wears a crown? She's not royalty (as far as we know, anyway).

Speaking of MK8, my "main" is Baby Rosalina because I love the lightweights and it's an even cuter version of Rosalina, so it's like the best thing ever. I just wish Bowser Jr. was in it, too. I loved having him in Double Dash (and I think he was in Wii, too? I played that game like twice so idk).

Also, why does LL nair and dair have to be frame perfect? It's pretty difficult to get it consistently. ;-;
Hm... perhaps she was? I don't really know.
My lightweight main is Toad, he is cute and has a good handling.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Hm... perhaps she was? I don't really know.
My lightweight main is Toad, he is cute and has a good handling.
I hope she's not royalty because it takes away from her story's message. Her life is essentially a lesson showing people that anyone, no matter how bad the situation, can do amazing things. That's pretty inspirational in itself.

Toad is cute, but I prefer Toadette. :p I'm pretty sure all of the lightweights have good handling, though.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't have a lightweight main in Mario Kart 8. In fact, I don't main anyone else except Rosalina and Link.
And Baby Rosalina's existanse in the game ruins who Rosalina really is as a character, in my opinion. :ohwell:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I do think it's stupid that Baby Rosalina doesn't have red hair like her younger self in the storybook. Baby Rosalina is a completely unnecessary character that probably shouldn't exist.

However, I love lightweight characters so a lightweight Rosalina is perfect for me. I don't have a problem with her, but I can see why other people do.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Just like Baby Daisy in Mario Kart Wii, Baby Rosalina was just another random character, along with Pink Gold *****, Nintendo created just to futher expand the roster or whatever dumbass excuse they have.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't have a lightweight main in Mario Kart 8. In fact, I don't main anyone else except Rosalina and Link.
And Baby Rosalina's existanse in the game ruins who Rosalina really is as a character, in my opinion. :ohwell:
I really hope they made her hair red. Baby Rosalina just looks like Rosalina in baby form.
Just like Baby Daisy in Mario Kart Wii, Baby Rosalina was just another random character, along with Pink Gold *****, Nintendo created just to futher expand the roster or whatever ******* excuse they have.
Yeah...I know you dislike Peach, but I do agree adding Pink Gold Peach was unnecessary to me.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I really hope they made her hair red. Baby Rosalina just looks like Rosalina in baby form.

Yeah...I know you dislike Peach, but I do agree adding Pink Gold Peach was unnecessary to me.
Or rather, they can just forget about using her ever again for future games.

And I only liked her better during the N64 era. Now, she's just a total *****.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

The crown is probably just an accessory that Rosalina got attracted to. Though it's always probable that Rosalina truly was a princess, and her parents used to be the king and queen.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Or rather, they can just forget about using her ever again for future games.

And I only liked her better during the N64 era. Now, she's just a total *****.
Huh, I'm a bit curious to know why. Contrary to you,I'm not a big fan of N64 era Peach.
The crown is probably just an accessory that Rosalina got attracted to. Though it's always probable that Rosalina truly was a princess, and her parents used to be the king and queen.
Highly possible.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Baby Rosalina is unnesacery...But I will admit to sometimes using her. :3

She is adorbs ~

Rosalina's crown? I like it even if it is a generic piece of headgear. It's cute and I love the silver.

Anyway, I'm getting a ton better with Rosalina now. I'm really starting understand both her and the game. Getting better everyday.

Goolloom

Smash Apprentice
I don't like using lightweights in Mario Kart 8, or in any other Mario Kart game when I think about it... I've been pushed down the tracks way too often when using lightweights, so I said screw it, and decided to pick heavy characters, most often using Donkey Kong or Rosalina.
Speaking of Baby Rosalina, why didn't they add Baby Donkey Kong or Baby Wario instead of creating unecessary ones like Baby Daisy and Baby Rosalina? At least Baby Wario and Baby DK already exist, as they are in Yoshi's Island DS. Did anyone else think about this?

While I'm at it when it comes to Smash, when I play as Rosalina my biggest issue seems to be keeping Luma alive and I end up spending more than half the match with Luma dead which makes it hard to kill my opponent. When Luma respawns, he just gets knocked off the stage the moment he appears. I think it's maybe because I'm too defensive with her.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Baby Rosalina is unnesacery...But I will admit to sometimes using her. :3

She is adorbs ~

Rosalina's crown? I like it even if it is a generic piece of headgear. It's cute and I love the silver.

Anyway, I'm getting a ton better with Rosalina now. I'm really starting understand both her and the game. Getting better everyday.
Speaking of Rosalina, I'm trying to get better with her too in Smash bros. And so are Shulk, Toon link, and Mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom