• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
In her own storybook Rosalina had blue eyes as well as red hairs and a white dress
Is there a particular reason that Rosalina wears a crown? She's not royalty (as far as we know, anyway).
She has her white crown since in the storybook time as well, so as @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy said she could be a royality before the story began, or that could just be a gift from his parents or whatever

Also, why does LL nair and dair have to be frame perfect? It's pretty difficult to get it consistently. ;-;
Because those two aerials, along with Uair autocancel in the first ~4 frames, with Uair autocancelling only in the first 2.

Speaking of Baby Rosalina, why didn't they add Baby Donkey Kong or Baby Wario instead of creating unecessary ones like Baby Daisy and Baby Rosalina? At least Baby Wario and Baby DK already exist, as they are in Yoshi's Island DS. Did anyone else think about this?
Because they are easier to do, being flat out an altered Baby Peach's model, while they should have started from the absolute zero for baby Wario and nearly as much for baby DK. It's not the first time that this happens, significant model differences is the reason that, in Bayonetta 2, every time Madama Khepri should show her entire body, or even his wings to make Rosa float Madama Butterfly does it instead.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I've also been doing a **** load of training with Rosalina as well as with Mega Man, Lucina, Ganondorf and Falco.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I've also been doing a **** load of training with Rosalina as well as with Mega Man, Lucina, Ganondorf and Falco.
Shulk is really challenging for me to use.
I often see a lot of Ganondorf online, and some of them love to do the flame choke suicide ko.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Shulk is really challenging for me to use.
I often see a lot of Ganondorf online, and some of them love to do the flame choke suicide ko.
It didn't really took that long for me to get used to Shulk's movesets. He's actually pretty easy to use. The most challenging for me would have to be Little Mac.
And...uh...I'm one of those people who loves to do the suicidal aerial Flame Choke, or better known by many as Ganoncide. hehe

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It didn't really took that long for me to get used to Shulk's movesets. He's actually pretty easy to use. The most challenging for me would have to be Little Mac.
And...uh...I'm one of those people who loves to do the suicidal aerial Flame Choke, or better known by many as Ganoncide. hehe
Shulk gives me the first impression was, slow, and the arts are really critical when using the correct art. I'm still trying to master MALLC (Monado Art Landing Lag Cancel) too.
I never use Little Mac that often, but my other brother got used to him pretty quick. Me and my two brothers go to a local 3DS gamer gathering when Smash 3DS releases, my brother was just dominating every match with Little Mac and his main Marth.
Today, me and my two brothers had a Shulk ditto match, I nearly won but always end up losing. I had gone frustrated by then.
My brother had use Ganondorf before, and I nearly end up REALLY beating him when he keep using flame choke. Online, well, nothing can do but keep railing ***** ****** ****** *****.
Like Bowser's suicide ko, I hope they make it fair in the next update.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
A little video featuring Fire Rosalina. The trims in the sleeves are now White like the actual costume and also she now has a band around her ponytail (also like her original costume)

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Can you make a red version?
I've got both the red and fire ones.

You guys can always let me know if you want me to upload one of my currently-done silhouettes to redbubble for shirts too. In general I only have the default costumes and straight up costume changes available for shirts but I'm happy to take requests too.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I've got both the red and fire ones.

You guys can always let me know if you want me to upload one of my currently-done silhouettes to redbubble for shirts too. In general I only have the default costumes and straight up costume changes available for shirts but I'm happy to take requests too.
Cool!
I was hoping the red part was the main silhouette though...

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I should probably state that if you're trying to stay true to the silhouette style from Donkey Kong Country Returns, clothing and accessories are never made into a silhouette.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I should probably state that if you're trying to stay true to the silhouette style from Donkey Kong Country Returns, clothing and accessories are never made into a silhouette.
I know. It was my initial plan to be just like the game's style but as I continued making them, they just kind of evolved a bit past the initial style to be more my own thing.

Cool!
I was hoping the red part was the main silhouette though...
Is this more what you were looking for?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I decided to modify Rosalina's artwork so that she's in silhouette form myself. I used her Mario Party 10 artwork while doing the following.

[collapse=Rosalina Silhouettes]
[/collapse]

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina isn't a princess. Her parents don't seem to be royalty either, they lived in a modest cottage. Girls just like pretty crowns.

If Rosalina was a princess, Nintendo would always preface her name with the term in official statements and material, like the Smash Bros trophy and in Nintendo Directs, as they do that with Peach, Daisy, and Zelda. However, they've never called Rosalina "Princess Rosalina". She doesn't even fit the dictionary definition of the word. Only time she's ever been referred to as such is on the UK Mario Kart 8 site, where they call BABY Rosalina a princess, but she arguably isn't even Rosalina herself, and even if she is, it would still just be a mistake, since it's the only official site Nintendo has mentioned her as being a princess. Japanese sources are the most reliable, and they never call her one.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Super Mario Wiki does state that Rosalina "is" a princess, but that can be heavily debated if the only source that confirms that is in Europe.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Super Mario Wiki does state that Rosalina "is" a princess, but that can be heavily debated if the only source that confirms that is in Europe.
The Super Mario Wiki isn't that reliable when it comes to lore, I've found, and they don't even claim to be either. They pretty much just say Rosalina is a princess because a Prima Game Guide for SMG said so (but that is an unofficial source altogether) and because it's commonly accepted public headcanon. They have numerous other mistakes/unsatisfactory assumptions about Rosalina too.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Super Mario Wiki is really an informative website related to Mario series. I'm not that biased or irritated when people say Rosalina is a princess, butif you ask me, I say I am on "Rosalina is not princess" side.
The Super Mario Wiki isn't that reliable when it comes to lore, I've found, and they don't even claim to be either. They pretty much just say Rosalina is a princess because a Prima Game Guide for SMG said so (but that is an unofficial source altogether) and because it's commonly accepted public headcanon. They have numerous other mistakes/unsatisfactory assumptions about Rosalina too.
That's because there's no official source I guess. And if you think there is something that you think it's wrong, you can go change it, it's a Wiki page afterall.
Do you have an Super Mario Wiki account @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy ? I remember I had saw your account. How often do you log in?

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
@ mario123007 mario123007 : I've been a member there for a decent number of years, and I still check back from time to time to improve any of the articles, whenever possible.
Well, I hope you can improve Rosalina article like what @ ChikoLad ChikoLad had said, there were too many mistakes.
And out of the topic for a sec, just curious, what happened to Smashboards a few hours ago? Why was it in maintance?
Oh yeah, did you noticed that there were spam/commercial/ad thread on the Tournament forum these days? Oh dear...

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I'm not entirely sure what the best thread is to talk about this, so the social seemed like a workable default. (@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy maybe you can suggest something?)

This video of a Japanese Rosalina vs. ZSS had me thinking about a future where everyone and their mother makes a point of going after Luma given an opportunity to do so. Thoughts?

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
as Sonicbrawler said , the Mario Wiki cannot be trusted 100% of the time.
Mainly because some details are based in assumptions about users without having real back-up .

Not to mention , they have already debated many times that Rosalina's page should/should not be moved to ''Princess Rosalina'' , with the NO side winning considering that the only materials that credit her as a ''Princess'' are not official from Nintendo , just the prima guides changing things as usual (like Peach and Daisy being cousins for example) yet none of those details appear IN-GAME in an explicit way.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not entirely sure what the best thread is to talk about this, so the social seemed like a workable default. (@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy maybe you can suggest something?)

This video of a Japanese Rosalina vs. ZSS had me thinking about a future where everyone and their mother makes a point of going after Luma given an opportunity to do so. Thoughts?
I've found doing so is a terrible idea because I can always punish people as Rosalina, optimally with a grab to stall things in case they actually hit Luma. I actually have a video of my friend, as Lucina, going after Luma a lot and me repeatedly punishing him for it. And he only gets 2% damage on me on one of his stocks because of this. Focusing too hard on knocking off Luma means you are wasting your time trying to KO something that doesn't get you any closer to winning, taking damage from Rosalina while she takes none. I also have a strategy where I leave Luma in the sidelines, where he can't be hurt, take my opponent on solo for a while, and bring Luma back when I want him for something specific, like a combo, an edgeguard, or a finisher.

EDIT: Yeah that Rosalina is waaaay too afraid to go in without Luma. This is pretty much the downfall of a lot of Rosalina players, they don't realise that Solo Rosalina is still a great character, with a lot of options.

-----------

The beginning of this video is an example of a man going through true, heart wrenching defeat:

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
as Sonicbrawler said , the Mario Wiki cannot be trusted 100% of the time.
Mainly because some details are based in assumptions about users without having real back-up .

Not to mention , they have already debated many times that Rosalina's page should/should not be moved to ''Princess Rosalina'' , with the NO side winning considering that the only materials that credit her as a ''Princess'' are not official from Nintendo , just the prima guides changing things as usual (like Peach and Daisy being cousins for example) yet none of those details appear IN-GAME in an explicit way.
Again, just like other Wiki pages, you can change and improve the article whatever you will. Check it's message on the top of the Wiki pages, there are always problems on many pages.

Yeah, I had noticed that. If there is no "Princess" on any Nintendo website nor official material, then this pretty much confirms it. I don't know much about Prima guides, if the guide isn't Nintendo credit, then it shouldn't be taken as legit source.

Bah! Rosalina lost this match! That ZSS is just darn too good!
I don't know, going after Luma is always a first choice in order to take down Rosalina.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If Nintendo did say Rosalina isn't a princess, then that pretty much confirms it. I wouldn't bother with this Wiki articles and **** considering how often people change those.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If Nintendo did say Rosalina isn't a princess, then that pretty much confirms it. I wouldn't bother with this Wiki articles and **** considering how often people change those.
They never mentioned it since the debate isn't that big.
Super Mario Wiki is quite an useful website when it comes to game guides, trivias, and HQ official Mario pics. But when it comes to theories, and oerhaps some of characters story or backround, there will be some mistakes.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The only thing useful I find about Super Mario Wiki is, of course, the game guides. I've never really payed much attention to the rest.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The only thing useful I find about Super Mario Wiki is, of course, the game guides. I've never really payed much attention to the rest.
Yep, I also think the trivias are interesting too.
Backrounds and stories that still doesn't have official source, just take it as a small reference.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina is actually one of the most misunderstood characters in all of gaming, really. So many people have the weirdest misconceptions of her and her backstory that it baffles me. A lot of it is presented very cut and dry in the games, yet people are so resistant to accepting certain facts or make up stuff about her, such as her being a princess or even transsexual, for some weird reason. And that's not even going into more meta stuff, like her being "terrible" in 3D World, or her being a defensive character in Smash.

It makes me tempted to create a Rosalina fact check blog over the summer.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina is actually one of the most misunderstood characters in all of gaming, really. So many people have the weirdest misconceptions of her and her backstory that it baffles me. A lot of it is presented very cut and dry in the games, yet people are so resistant to accepting certain facts or make up stuff about her, such as her being a princess or even transsexual, for some weird reason. And that's not even going into more meta stuff, like her being "terrible" in 3D World, or her being a defensive character in Smash.

"Sigh" There are always some people out there who has weird thoughts about her...

I hope you make it soon.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Looking forward to it...professor.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Nothing's a sure thing yet though. I'm also considering a Smash 4 Rosalina guide, which might be easier for me to make.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Feel free to use my work if you need any sources.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind!

EDIT: I'm somehow surprised by this, but Rosalina is a useable partner in Puzzles & Dragons: SMB Edition! Seems to be at least two different version of her or something - I'm not exactly sure how this game works.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Feel free to use my work if you need any sources.
Where are your works?
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind!

EDIT: I'm somehow surprised by this, but Rosalina is a useable partner in Puzzles & Dragons: SMB Edition! Seems to be at least two different version of her or something - I'm not exactly sure how this game works.

Now that's a good news! Glad to know she isn't absent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom