• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Quickly recorded this 60FPS video of a match I was very happy with before I lose it after the patch. Happened the other day, I was playing a nice long session with this Marth main and I performed really well. I love getting really early KOs off the top like that.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Quickly recorded this 60FPS video of a match I was very happy with before I lose it after the patch. Happened the other day, I was playing a nice long session with this Marth main and I performed really well. I love getting really early KOs off the top like that.

Wow, you can record your replays, nice.
Try to record more if you can.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think the Luma Shot is back to it's original distance, so it could be a buff.

By the way everyone, I'm writing this on the Wii U right now. My laptop broke, so I can't post often (it's very slow and tedious on the Wii U).
It appears to be the exact same as before this new patch, so no change.

It'd be a nerf if they did it, too.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think the Luma Shot is back to it's original distance, so it could be a buff.

By the way everyone, I'm writing this on the Wii U right now. My laptop broke, so I can't post often (it's very slow and tedious on the Wii U).
To me the 3DS version plays much smoother now. I haven't try Rosalina yet. But I will do it sometime.

Oh dear, did you backup the datas in your labtop? Sometimes techologies just fails us... I remember mt dad's PC broke just because of it's lame power suppy, which much it's hardrive broke too. Most of my stuff is in there...

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
The difference was a tiny bit of Hp lost for Luma, but he usually dies from falling anyway.

Anyway, I'm loving mewtwo. Might making him a secondary for Rosalina depending on match ups, tech found, etc. He's very fun to play. I think Rosalina's and Mewtwo's floaty nature allows me to connect with both of them easily.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm already having some fun with Mewtwo. I might consider picking him up as another secondary main and the only Pokemon rep I'll ever play as (I once considered Charizard but I ultimately decided against it).

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I also thought of charizard just for the aerodactly alt color. He's a bit too clunky for my taste. (As with most heavyweights.)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The difference was a tiny bit of Hp lost for Luma, but he usually dies from falling anyway.

Anyway, I'm loving mewtwo. Might making him a secondary for Rosalina depending on match ups, tech found, etc. He's very fun to play. I think Rosalina's and Mewtwo's floaty nature allows me to connect with both of them easily.
So the only change is the Luma's HP so far?
Aw man, I really want to try Mewtwo, but I can't!
Yeah and besides, Ike and Ganondorf are good enough heavyweights for me.
My brother says that Ganondorf feels a bit faster...
Turns out Ganondorf had been buffed a bit.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Hey, you know how the Star Bits usually aren't able to KO things. Well, it appears that Star Bits and Floaty Star Bit are able to KO Mewtwo, but its damage would have to be over 890% before it's at risk of getting KO'd by those two attacks.

Shooting Star Bit isn't able to KO Mewtwo at the stage center though.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hey, you know how the Star Bits usually aren't able to KO things. Well, it appears that Star Bits and Floaty Star Bit are able to KO Mewtwo, but its damage would have to be over 890% before it's at risk of getting KO'd by those two attacks.

Shooting Star Bit isn't able to KO Mewtwo at the stage center though.
890%? That's impossible for it happen in real battle of course, but a nice tip.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Mewtwo might become one of my top 7 characters too.
I haven't use Mewtwo for about... 10 years...? I don't know if I can remaster him or not.

Edit:
Hey, is it only me? At the bottom of a Smashboards thread there's used to be a place you can see who is currently viewing the thread, but now it's gone...

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Maybe not, but this does give you a horrible realization that Mewtwo truly is very light when compared to Mario.
Even more lighter than Rosalina? Or about the same?
And thing that puzzled me is that,at the bottom of a Smashboards thread there's used to be a section you can see who is currently viewing the thread, but now it's gone...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Even more lighter than Rosalina? Or about the same?
And thing that puzzled me is that,at the bottom of a Smashboards thread there's used to be a section you can see who is currently viewing the thread, but now it's gone...
Aerodrome answered that question.

Posting to confirm with 100% certainty that Mewtwo is indeed 72 weight.
So yeah, Mewtwo got a serious weight nerf when compared to its Melee incarnation; it's now only heavier than Jigglypuff and Hyper Smash stance Shulk.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Aerodrome answered that question.

So yeah, Mewtwo got a serious weight nerf when compared to its Melee incarnation; it's now only heavier than Jigglypuff and Hyper Smash stance Shulk.
Oh, now it's back...

But when watching his replay videos, I say Mewtwo's hit boxes is quite big, and his grab is amazing, just like Rosalina, he grab opponents without really touching them!
Can't wait to see Rosalina vs Mewtwo match up soon.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
But when watching his replay videos, I say Mewtwo's hit boxes is quite big, and his grab is amazing, just like Rosalina, he grab opponents without really touching them!
Can't wait to see Rosalina vs Mewtwo match up soon.
Still, Rosalina feels safer to use with the presence of the Luma. Sure, Rosalina's throws aren't as mighty as Mewtwo's, but they're still usable for finishing off opponents.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Still, Rosalina feels safer to use with the presence of the Luma. Sure, Rosalina's throws aren't as mighty as Mewtwo's, but they're still usable for finishing off opponents.
Speaking of Luma, it's HP got nerfed... don't kniw how will it effect Rosalina in the meta game.

I haven't seen Mewtwo KO with a back throw yet, is his back throw's knockback strong like Ness? And speaking of which, Sonic's back throw's knockback has slighly reduced, man...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Speaking of Luma, it's HP got nerfed... don't kniw how will it effect Rosalina in the meta game.
Considering that most Luma KOs involve sending it flying into an abyss, not too much. Of course, this may have an impact on Rosalina's match-up against Shulk, as Shulk's Buster stance Monado Art can now take out the Luma at a quicker rate, especially if it's the Hyper Buster stance.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Honestly, I think the HP nerf is insignificant. 4% is nothing. At any rate, it gives us a good reason to practice SoRo (which, imo, is the most difficult aspect of playing Rosalina).

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Luma's HP being 4% lower now doesn't really change anything. In fact, it's not really that big of a deal for me since Luma tends to die falling offstage more than someone giving him the beating of a lifetime.

And speaking of which, Sonic's back throw's knockback has slighly reduced, man...
That's a good thing right there. He really needed that.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Luma's HP being 4% lower now doesn't really change anything. In fact, it's not really that big of a deal for me since Luma tends to die falling offstage more than someone giving him the beating of a lifetime.

That's a good thing right there. He really needed that.
Uh.. to me, it doesn't really change that much, but I do feel a bit disappointed when I found out. Why don't they reduce Ness's?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
To be honest I wish Rosalina's back throw went at a more horizontal angle. It isn't very viable of a KO moves against anyone that isn't lightweight. It has great launch power, but the angle is really awkward. It's like Rosalina uses her powers to give her opponent super DI or something.

EDIT: Dunno if you guys noticed, but in the new Share menu in the Wii U version, the "View" menu icon has Rosalina & Luma watching over us like the goddess and angel they are. c:

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
To be honest I wish Rosalina's back throw went at a more horizontal angle. It isn't very viable of a KO moves against anyone that isn't lightweight. It has great launch power, but the angle is really awkward. It's like Rosalina uses her powers to give her opponent super DI or something.

EDIT: Dunno if you guys noticed, but in the new Share menu in the Wii U version, the "View" menu icon has Rosalina & Luma watching over us like the goddess and angel they are. c:
Yeah, perhaps Rosalina has hard time to KO heavy characters by doing back throw. Best way is to attack with down air.

Really? Can you post the screenshot of it?
Well, on the 3DS version ,it's just an eye...:confused:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I couldn't take an in-game screenshot because the game wouldn't let me bring up the HOME menu on that screen, and I couldn't find any videos on YouTube that happened to have that screen. It is there though, it looks really nice.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I couldn't take an in-game screenshot because the game wouldn't let me bring up the HOME menu on that screen, and I couldn't find any videos on YouTube that happened to have that screen. It is there though, it looks really nice.
I thought you can just either screenshot it with your capture card, or press home and send it to Miiverse. I had post a lot of pics with my New 3DS thanks to it's better hardware. No need to post to facebook that often.

Here are some pics that I had posted recently:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Hey guys. I just noticed something in the Mario Kart 8 DLC. In Ribbon Road, there are different sections made up of playsets, which are themed around characters. Peach is the first section, Bowser's is the second section, and Luma is the third section. Luma's section has wavy roads, like Rainbow Road. Pretty neat touch to include Luma.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I dedicate my 3000th post to the glorious space waifu!

:rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina:

Anyway. I need a favor. I need someone to somehow take a screenshot of the "Share Menu." The one in the online mode. It has both Rosalina an Villager on the "View" and "Send" buttons respectively.

I would do it myself but when online you can take screenshots on the wii u because I can't access the home menu.

@ ChikoLad ChikoLad You have a capture card yes? I would be grateful if you could help me out and take a screenshot of that menu with those two modes on it. "View" and "Send." It has Rosalina looking off at planets and Villager with presents.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hey guys. I just noticed something in the Mario Kart 8 DLC. In Ribbon Road, there are different sections made up of playsets, which are themed around characters. Peach is the first section, Bowser's is the second section, and Luma is the third section. Luma's section has wavy roads, like Rainbow Road. Pretty neat touch to include Luma.
So many DLCs coming up that I just can't pass it up!
I dedicate my 3000th post to the glorious space waifu!

:rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina:

Anyway. I need a favor. I need someone to somehow take a screenshot of the "Share Menu." The one in the online mode. It has both Rosalina an Villager on the "View" and "Send" buttons respectively.

I would do it myself but when online you can take screenshots on the wii u because I can't access the home menu.

@ ChikoLad ChikoLad You have a capture card yes? I would be grateful if you could help me out and take a screenshot of that menu with those two modes on it. "View" and "Send." It has Rosalina looking off at planets and Villager with presents.
Congrats! I hope I can get to 2000 posts soon as well!
Can't you just press home button and then go to Miiverse just like 3DS does?
3DS version.. eye for view...mail for send... :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom