• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Okay, so apparently two people can win the game... (I'm getting these off of Miiverse by the way).

Also, I'm sure we all know by now about the diorama mode in Mario Party 10, correct?

Also, if you didn't know already, Rosalina's legs are under her dress like this, similar to Mario Kart 8, but with a shadow added to fade her legs away.

By the way, check this out.

EXPAND DONGNUT

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I think she should get her own game already. It's about time. I can totally see her become the next Yoshi or Wario. I wonder, though, what genre would it be? Something about her just screams RPG, but I'm not so sure about it...
I remember @ ChikoLad ChikoLad brainstorming an idea of what Rosalina's game would be like if they did give her her own game but that was a long time ago. A genre that isn't a platformer would definitely work.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My idea can basically be summed up as this game:

But with Rosalina instead, in space with certain visual cues drawn from Galaxy. And of course, expanding on Rosalina's character and the mythos around her.

It would literally be game of the year material, so Nintendo should jump right on it.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Okay, so apparently two people can win the game... (I'm getting these off of Miiverse by the way).

Also, I'm sure we all know by now about the diorama mode in Mario Party 10, correct?

Also, if you didn't know already, Rosalina's legs are under her dress like this, similar to Mario Kart 8, but with a shadow added to fade her legs away.

EXPAND DONGNUT
I saw her right eye! She looks so gorgeous in MP10!
My idea can basically be summed up as this game:

But with Rosalina instead, in space with certain visual cues drawn from Galaxy. And of course, expanding on Rosalina's character and the mythos around her.

It would literally be game of the year material, so Nintendo should jump right on it.
I like the idea.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Amm... i don't really agree with this...

It took Luigi and Peach Ages to get their own games , Why would Rosalina get a game at this point with really limited appearences? I don't know about the future of course , but Right now? Reeaaaaally unlikely.
Hmm, you may be right. Maybe in two years for her tenth anniversary? How long did it take for Yoshi and Wario to get their own games?

I remember @ ChikoLad ChikoLad brainstorming an idea of what Rosalina's game would be like if they did give her her own game but that was a long time ago. A genre that isn't a platformer would definitely work.
This would be ideal. She needs something that really sets her apart from the rest.

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
As for a gimmick regarding Rosalina's own game, I was also thinking about a Mario Galaxy-esqe setting, where she probably has to locate and rescue lost lumas. A searching game mixed in with a Mario Galaxy-like game.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
And good game setting for her would be a Mario Galaxy Prequel ... Rosalina's story BEFORE Mario and Bowser came in and such , what was she doing? what happened during her time alone in the Cosmic Observatory? What places she explored?

Only she knows.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev

EXPAND DONGNUT
I'm adoring the animations and such in Mario Party 10, there's so much avatar potential... I'd love to pick up this game some day.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hmm, you may be right. Maybe in two years for her tenth anniversary? How long did it take for Yoshi and Wario to get their own games?

This would be ideal. She needs something that really sets her apart from the rest.
It took them one year.

Rosalina's own game is long overdue. Luigi and Peach took longer to get their own games because they were inherently linked to Mario relationship wise. Wario and Yoshi weren't, and neither is Rosalina.

----------

Guys, the new Dragon Ball game has Rosalina in it but she's evil:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It took them one year.

Rosalina's own game is long overdue. Luigi and Peach took longer to get their own games because they were inherently linked to Mario relationship wise. Wario and Yoshi weren't, and neither is Rosalina.

----------

She only has her hair bang, but uh... she doesn't really look like Rosalina to me...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It took them one year.

----------

I don't really see how that character would resemble Rosalina. The hair bang just isn't enough.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
She's like evil Rosalina - her features are very similar, but given more demonic/evil touches (showing more skin, higher contrast in colours, tighter clothes, sharper features, etc).

She looks a lot like Rosalina, just evil.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I kinda agree , the hairstyle is just not enough... and the Completely different color scheme doesn't help either. Doesn't Look Like Rosalina to me , at least.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
She's like evil Rosalina - her features are very similar, but given more demonic/evil touches (showing more skin, higher contrast in colours, tighter clothes, sharper features, etc).

She looks a lot like Rosalina, just evil.
I can hardly imagine Rosalina being evil...

AlisaYoon

Smash Rookie
God, the princesses look so fancy eating their donuts. I can imagine them being like "Oh, be careful taking this bite. I don't want to ruin my lipstick! Chew precisely four times, customary royalty chewing rules. Maybe I shouldn't take another bite. I'd never want to look like Wario!"

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I like how Rosalina apparently looks like Elsa, yet doesn't look like Towa, despite the latter having more similar features and basically serving as "what she'd look like of she were a demon"...

God, the princesses look so fancy eating their donuts. I can imagine them being like "Oh, be careful taking this bite. I don't want to ruin my lipstick! Chew precisely four times, customary royalty chewing rules. Maybe I shouldn't take another bite. I'd never want to look like Wario!"

Rosalina isn't a princess though...

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Actually , in any case , Elsa would look like Rosalina considering the latter debuted first , in 2007.

And i believe it's because Elsa's overall color scheme , is identical to Rosalina's ; Even the Hair and the Eyes.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Yeah, Elsa has more similarties to Rosalina then whoever that DBZ character is.

The only thing that DBZ character has in common with Rosalina is that bang in front of her eye.

Elsa has the blue dress, and the yellow hair at the very least.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

The only thing that DBZ character has in common with Rosalina is that bang in front of her eye.

I won't mind if you guys say Rosalina looks like Elsa, some movie fan really mistakes Rosalina as Elsa sometime.
Just check this out, http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2015/01/25/guy-asks-parents-name-super-smash-bros-characters-pic/
Go to the Rosalina part.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Omg they called Rosalina ''DAISY'' , that's so awsome XDDD

Then again , i forgot to say , that i believe those answers were all a Joke ... i mean really ...

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Rosalina isn't a princess though...
While that's true (and most of us should know that by now), it doesn't necessarily mean it was applied to Rosalina in the first place. It could just be Peach and Daisy only (even though you could assume the person included Rosalina as a princess).

By the way, Peach's jewel is visible through the doughnut hole, and it almost looks like it's a part of the doughnut. It's like a blue jelly filling!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Elsa is short, has near completely white hair, a different hairstyle, a completely different outfit stylistically, her silhouette is very different, and notably different body proportions.

Towa is tall, has the same hairstyle, has a more similar outfit only slightly shorter and different colours, has similar body proportions, has a more similar silohuette, and even wields a thin magic weapon.

The key is that I didn't mean she looks exactly like her, but more like a warped version of her design - think Sonic and Shadow, and they similar yet contrasting appearances they have.

While that's true (and most of us should know that by now), it doesn't necessarily mean it was applied to Rosalina in the first place. It could just be Peach and Daisy only (even though you could assume the person included Rosalina as a princess).

By the way, Peach's jewel is visible through the doughnut hole, and it almost looks like it's a part of the doughnut. It's like a blue jelly filling!
I'm pretty sure they included Rosalina in that statement since they posted it in the Rosalina boards.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
At first when I saw my friend playing Mario Galaxy, I thought that Rosalina was Peach with a makeover.
I think that was a perfectly fine and reasonable reaction. I'm sure many people who saw Rosalina for the first time in Mario Galaxy might have assumed that was Peach with a different look. I know this was the case when Galaxy first came out.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I think that was a perfectly fine and reasonable reaction. I'm sure many people who saw Rosalina for the first time in Mario Galaxy might have assumed that was Peach with a different look. I know this was the case when Galaxy first came out.
Totally. Some of my friends actually could tell it wasn't Peach , but most of them thought it was Actually Peach ins disguise ... similar to Zelda.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I never mistook Rosalina for Peach, and I never understood how people did. I guess it was due to having "main series Mario only has one human female" burned into their minds at that point, or that everyone else has the distinction abilities of Amy Rose.

Anyway, here is an amazing Rosalina Amiibo custom - Rosaleemo and Glooma:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
People mistook Rosalina for Peach because :

A) They look really similar appearence wise.

B) They didn't read the Manual.

Remove the Bangs over the eye , and give Rosalina her Pink dress from Smash.

Mix that up with People not knowing her name , and there you go , it's Peach to everybody.

But soon , that's going to change because slowly , with more appearences , she becomes more familiar with people.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I never mistook Rosalina for Peach, and I never understood how people did. I guess it was due to having "main series Mario only has one human female" burned into their minds at that point, or that everyone else has the distinction abilities of Amy Rose.\
I think it's very easy to understand why people thought Rosalina might be Peach. Back when Galaxy was first released, people who didn't have the game or know much about it might have seen Rosalina at some point and assumed that was Peach with a different look, mainly because they didn't know much at all. They also might have thought of Rosalina as Peach because Peach is generally the main princess, and seeing Rosalina might have made people assume that she was Peach. Also, the hairstyle was similar aside from the one bang covering Rosalina's eye.

This was the case all over the place in demo stores like GameStop and on internet forum discussions. However, that was at the time Galaxy was released, not now. The only thing that would confuse me is if people still thought Rosalina was Peach today. The only people I know who think Rosalina is Peach are children. I had little kids see me play as Rosalina on my 3DS and they say "So your playing as the princess?" or "Is that Peach?". It's pretty obvious as to why they wouldn't know Rosalina isn't Peach (they're just kids, they don't care).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That would be fine except they really don't look at all similar beyond basic art style formalities and both of them having a crown. Their faces are different, different body proportions, different hairstyles, etc.

I really just think people are silly. I think mixing Peach and Rosalina up is as far fetched as someone legitimately confusing Sonic for Silver or something. No matter the time frame.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom