• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I mean again, she doesn't sound like this "space peach" you keep referring to. You guys only frame of reference is the fact she keeps saying woo. Which is a meh frame of reference.

Really, I'm a little tired of the constant paranoia in this thread. "Oh my god they are ruining Rosalina" is becoming a regular thing in this thread.

First off it's a spin-off which shouldn't be taken to heavily on face value just yet. Even if she sounds like this airhead you are all afraid of, she might not be in main series games.

Second off, it's just one word. Wait until she speaks full sentences. Wait until the classic: "I am the superstar" line in every Mario Party game. Her going "woo" is nothing.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
@AceStarThe3rd

Oh yeah the tech. Please do. Was caught up in the other stuff. Any new tech for Rosalina bound to be interesting. (I still need to learn lunar landing though).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
...Um...All she did was go woo. I mean, she technically did that in Smash bros every time she does her up special. I don't really she the problem. Thats a standard Rosalina line. It's kinda like her "alright" victory quote in smash.

It's a little excited but not massively excited like Peach. Peach would go OH YEAH! LOOK AT ME! I'M AMAZING! Peachy. ~

Unless you want Rosalina to never be excited I really don't see the problem here.
That is how Peach would sound though (Also Peach is noticeably more subdued than Rosalina in this game most of the time). And she should not getting THAT excited over pulling levers.

Keep in mind that this is the first time I have taken issue with how Rosalina is portrayed as a whole in a game. Some took issue with her in MK8 too, but I thought she sounded perfect there.

They already made her sound just like Peach since appearing in Mario 3D World.
This is completely unacceptable...
She didn't sound like Peach in 3D World. Her voice was mostly quite deep there, and she was really cool, collected, and tough, compared to Peach, who was basically an airhead (e.g. when Peach wins a multiplayer game in 3D World, she says "Well I'll be!", as if a GIIIIRL couldn't POOOOOSSIBLY win. Rosalina says "That's right!" in a firm and assertive manor, emphasising her tough demeanour).

I mean again, she doesn't sound like this "space peach" you keep referring to. You guys only frame of reference is the fact she keeps saying woo. Which is a meh frame of reference.

Really, I'm a little tired of the constant paranoia in this thread. "Oh my god they are ruining Rosalina" is becoming a regular thing in this thread.

First off it's a spin-off which shouldn't be taken to heavily on face value just yet. Even if she sounds like this airhead you are all afraid of, she might not be in main series games.

Second off, it's just one word. Wait until she speaks full sentences. Wait until the classic: "I am the superstar" line in every Mario Party game. Her going "woo" is nothing.
I watched an hour long video of the game, as well as other videos, with Rosalina being present for a good while. This isn't my only frame of reference.

I will voice my concern over the most recent portrayal of one of my favourite characters as much as I like. Excuse me for caring about consistency. I don't mind a few hiccups (I didn't like Kerri Kane's voice acting in Mario Golf overall, but other than that I loved how they portrayed Rosalina in that game), but I just dislike what they are doing with her overall in this game. I'm free to express that (and I'm not the only person with these opinions), and if you do not like that, ignore my posts on the subject. No amount of an apologetic stance or scapegoating based on game genre is going to change that.

Guys, guess what?
I've finally found the method of doing the Luma desync, and I shall call it the "Star Spin" technique!

Problem is... its really difficult.
I'll start working on the video now
I'm pretty sure I've actually done this a good few times myself, but hopefully your video can help me do it more consistently.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
She didn't sound like Peach in 3D World. Her voice was mostly quite deep there, and she was really cool, collected, and tough, compared to Peach, who was basically an airhead (e.g. when Peach wins a multiplayer game in 3D World, she says "Well I'll be!", as if a GIIIIRL couldn't POOOOOSSIBLY win. Rosalina says "That's right!" in a firm and assertive manor, emphasising her tough demeanour).
Still can't help but feel very uncomfortable with her recent portrayals.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
When it comes down to it, I'm still fine with how Rosalina is acting myself.

I don't see any problems that have arise so far as seeing how this a party, I personally think she has acted fine.

Could she be better? Probably, but I just think she is fine. Still will play her either way.

Back to her old self come the next main game.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Alright. Suddenly now Rosalina is space Peach in Mario Party 10 ?

I thought this was already established by the whole Mario Kart 8 community ever since the release of the said game.

Funny thought , Her VA is really holding back in MP10 unlike MK8 where she Whole-Heartly went all like Screaming and whooo!

''WhEEEEeeeEEEee''-Rosalina , 2014

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Back to her old self come the next main game.
The exact reason I am worried about portrayals such as her MP10 one is that it will lead to her being like this in the main series. Ideally, she'd just be given her own series, though, like Wario and Yoshi.

----------

I'll probably play as Yoshi in this game instead. I can see the MP10 Rosalina getting in the way of my enjoyment of the game.

Alright. Suddenly now Rosalina is space Peach in Mario Party 10 ?

I thought this was already established by the whole Mario Kart 8 community ever since the release of the said game.

Funny thought , Her VA is really holding back in MP10 unlike MK8 where she Whole-Heartly went all like Screaming and whooo!

''WhEEEEeeeEEEee''-Rosalina , 2014
No, a select minority, mostly compromised of yourself, thought that about Rosalina in MK8.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
..Um...All she did was go woo. I mean, she technically did that in Smash bros every time she does her up special. I don't really she the problem. Thats a standard Rosalina line. It's kinda like her "alright" victory quote in smash.

It's a little excited but not massively excited like Peach. Peach would go OH YEAH! LOOK AT ME! I'M AMAZING! Peachy. ~

Unless you want Rosalina to never be excited I really don't see the problem here.
Lies , all lies.

Her ''Whoo'' in Smash isn't comparable to the one in this game ; You can say im thinking way too much about it but it's true , particulary because , Kerri Kane =/= Laura F. Smith. NEVER.

Also Not even Peach is ''massively excited'' , she has never been that way. Peach has a high pitched voice but her enthusiasm is always moderate unlike DAISY , who screams all the time and it's like she wants the world to notice her , Peach HAS NEVER been like this.

Peach is always sassy and classy in her lines :

Peachy!
Sweet!
Oh Did i win?
Etc...

She NEVER goes over the top. She doesn't even go all ''WHOOOhhoooo!!!'' like Rosalina does in Mario Kart 8.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This is bad. They're straight up making her "Space Peach" in this game:

I just... think her voice is a bit high pitched, perhaps she was too excited or something.
They already made her sound just like Peach since appearing in Mario 3D World.
This is completely unacceptable...
I'm OK with that. Sort of.
Guys, guess what?
I've finally found the method of doing the Luma desync, and I shall call it the "Star Spin" technique!

Problem is... its really difficult.
I'll start working on the video now
Always looking forward to your next video :)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Lies , all lies.

Her ''Whoo'' in Smash isn't comparable to the one in this game ; You can say im thinking way too much about it but it's true , particulary because , Kerri Kane =/= Laura F. Smith. NEVER.

Also Not even Peach is ''massively excited'' , she has never been that way. Peach has a high pitched voice but her enthusiasm is always moderate unlike DAISY , who screams all the time and it's like she wants the world to notice her , Peach HAS NEVER been like this.

Peach is always sassy and classy in her lines :

Peachy!
Sweet!
Oh Did i win?
Etc...

She NEVER goes over the top. She doesn't even go all ''WHOOOhhoooo!!!'' like Rosalina does in Mario Kart 8.

You are literally fixating on one voice clip that Rosalina makes at the start. It isn't even that high pitched, it's actually quite soft, and every other one sounds cool and collected.

Meanwhile, Peach sounds like she's getting wet.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Ok, look I'm sorry for bringing it up. And I didn't mean to sound like an insult to peach.

My final opinion on the matter is to wait and see, but if you guys don't think so fine.

At the same time, we do need to avoid things from heating up like last time. So I'm dropping it now.

On the amiibo side of things, still don't have mine. But I've been thinking that Rosalina needs to be used in a lot more non-mario stuff. Would so love to have her blue dress or her Mario kart motorcycle suit as unlockable costumes in other games.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
They miss the echo. That has nothing to do with the voice actor's performance.

Also GameFAQs forums is pretty much trash and should never be referenced, especially with Rosalina. Most people there are either horny for her and nothing else, or are nostalgiafags who don't like her at all.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The echo is what made her such an amazing character to begin with. Removing them was a complete tragedy in my point of view.

And it's a disgrace to have someone mention a hellhole of a site like GameFAQs.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
They miss the echo. That has nothing to do with the voice actor's performance.

Also GameFAQs forums is pretty much trash and should never be referenced, especially with Rosalina. Most people there are either horny for her and nothing else, or are nostalgia**** who don't like her at all.
So now the whole website is trash because proved you wrong? HILARIOUS.

Also

Peach goes in MK8:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ssk7fegtii
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Wj5ANwq5ZB
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1nJdCyqDpKe

Meanwhile Rosalina .....

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1bIzvYi0PVv
http://vocaroo.com/i/s16C5xTSU3Ll
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0mQmAXf0q6C

Then again i cannot take you seriously considering you cannot even Tell Kerri Kane's voice apart from Laura Faye , meanwhile i can so yep , that's all there is to it. Rosalina's voice is not the most popular in this game and clearly most people don't like it that way , is too high pitched.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I just want to say that all users are entitled to their own opinion on how they feel about the voice acting portrayals that Rosalina is dealing with. Please try not to go overboard with the voice acting debates.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Then again i cannot take you seriously considering you cannot even Tell Kerri Kane's voice apart from Laura Faye , meanwhile i can so yep , that's all there is to it.
...I literally never said this, quite the contrary in fact, but people in your GameFAQs links did, so I guess you aren't even reading your own sources, and I'm not gonna take you seriously anymore as a result!

Go back to the Peach boards, since you seem to love her so much.

Last edited:

gameprodigy12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gameprodigy12
3DS FC
2423-2583-7165

Completely agree with you there, all she is saying is woo. That's it. She's never been space peach and never will cause that's pure stupidity.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Warning Received
I just want to say that all users are entitled to their own opinion on how they feel about the voice acting portrayals that Rosalina is dealing with. Please try not to go overboard with the voice acting debates.
Alright.

I'm just gonna leave this here.

Ah , music to my ears. The funniest part? That its just the beggining!!! That's just the 2nd source and only part of the comments :)

Go back to the Peach boards.
Stay mad ,

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Lol. I'm just laughing my butt off over here about Rosalina and her portrayal in video games. Is Mario Party 10 really gonna compromise Rosalina's character as a whole? Really, Mario Party 10? No, since it can be seen as a spin-off game and nothing more (a terrible one too after MP9). As far as I'm concerned, Rosalina's been portrayed okay with some outlying quirks. Smash Bros did a good job with Rosalina, Mario Golf did a good job Rosalina, and Mario Kart 8 was meh with a couple instances.

If you guys really want to hear all the voices Rosalina and Peach make in MK8, then be my guest and hear them for yourselves:

Rosalina
: http://www.sounds-resource.com/other_systems/mariokart8/sound/3877/
Peach: http://www.sounds-resource.com/other_systems/mariokart8/sound/3875/
Source: http://www.sounds-resource.com/other_systems/mariokart8/
There are more characters if you wanna hear them.

EDIT: I'll be honest, there were more than a couple of voice clips I did not like in MK8 for Rosalina. Maybe it's just me though.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Lol. I'm just laughing my butt off over here about Rosalina and her portrayal in video games. Is Mario Party 10 really gonna compromise Rosalina's character as a whole? Really, Mario Party 10? No, since it can be seen as a spin-off game and nothing more (a terrible one too after MP9). As far as I'm concerned, Rosalina's been portrayed okay with some outlying quirks. Smash Bros did a good job with Rosalina, Mario Golf did a good job Rosalina, and Mario Kart 8 was meh with a couple instances.

If you guys really want to hear all the voices Rosalina and Peach make in MK8, then be my guest and hear them for yourselves:

Rosalina
: http://www.sounds-resource.com/other_systems/mariokart8/sound/3877/
Peach: http://www.sounds-resource.com/other_systems/mariokart8/sound/3875/
Source: http://www.sounds-resource.com/other_systems/mariokart8/
There are more characters if you wanna hear them.
Oh mind you , i already have them all ; Including Mario , Luigi , PGP , Daisy and Toad.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Oh mind you , i already have them all ; Including Mario , Luigi , PGP , Daisy and Toad.
What's really dumb is that Baby Rosalina has an echo, yet Rosalina herself does not. Baby Rosalina is not even canon.

Side note: If the Rosalina amiibo ever becomes compatible with MK8, I'd wish it had her voice echo and Luma by her side like in Mario Kart Wii. It'd be pretty neat, but I don't see it happening.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
What's really dumb is that Baby Rosalina has an echo, yet Rosalina herself does not. Baby Rosalina is not even canon.

Side note: If the Rosalina amiibo ever becomes compatible with MK8, I'd wish it had her voice echo and Luma by her side like in Mario Kart Wii. It'd be pretty neat, but I don't see it happening.
Not surprising. MK8 has already messep up things , like Birdo teased in a Billboard yet she was Cut .

Also , after some testing , it's not just the echo , is the voice. Her voice is Great and the VA is too , but is really too High Pitched. If she lowers it down and they add echo then Rosalina would be Perfect again.

Like this.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ZoQSuHwtvW
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0gTl3BTTA53
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1WsqteNSxLx

Is both. The echo and the pitch.

gameprodigy12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gameprodigy12
3DS FC
2423-2583-7165
Alright.

I'm just gonna leave this here.

Ah , music to my ears. The funniest part? That its just the beggining!!! That's just the 2nd source and only part of the comments :)

Stay mad ,
Geez, calm down. I can see why most people won't take you seriously to be honest and showing GameFaqs and what looks to be youtube comments are really stretching on the subject at hand. Especially when they are notorious for stupid talk and many other things. Saying she is starting to be space peach or be close to her is complete ignorance and for those that continue to say so are the severe, severe minority who really can't take that fact into account. The VA is doing fine and the character is still the same as she has been. Sure it sounds "different" from previous other times, but the VA is trying to get that party fun attitude going.

Also saying your proving someone wrong with GameFAQs or some youtube comments is why no one will take you seriously. Especially when some becomes stubborn to realize that. Plus saying most people don't like her voice when this is when you need to prove it, when clearly it's the other way around and people are mostly fine with it. Cause you know it's one spin-off and it's only one game that a severe minority of people seem to have a problem with.

I know there's people who have a slight problem with her in MP10 but it's a problem minor. You seem to be the only one going overboard.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Geez, calm down. I can see why most people won't take you seriously to be honest and showing GameFaqs and what looks to be youtube comments are really stretching on the subject at hand. Especially when they are notorious for stupid talk and many other things. Saying she is starting to be space peach or be close to her is complete ignorance and for those that continue to say so are the severe, severe minority who really can't take that fact into account. The VA is doing fine and the character is still the same as she has been. Sure it sounds "different" from previous other times, but the VA is trying to get that party fun attitude going.

Also saying your proving someone wrong with GameFAQs or some youtube comments is why no one will take you seriously. Especially when some becomes stubborn to realize that. Plus saying most people don't like her voice when this is when you need to prove it, when clearly it's the other way around and people are mostly fine with it. Cause you know it's one spin-off and it's only one game that a severe minority of people seem to have a problem with.

I know there's people who have a slight problem with her in MP10 but it's a problem minor. You seem to be the only one going overboard.
Except no , but whatever makes you happy , those aren't the only sources i got but i will not bother nor lose my time since i've already Prove myself right, The end.

gameprodigy12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gameprodigy12
3DS FC
2423-2583-7165
Warning Received
Except no , but whatever makes you happy , those aren't the only sources i got but i will not bother nor lose my time since i've already Prove myself right, The end.
This stubbornness talking. Saying, this literally says it all that you are to stubborn to consider or realize this at all. I'm only trying to help but seems that is an impossibility.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
This stubbornness talking. Saying, this literally says it all that you are to stubborn to consider or realize this at all. I'm only trying to help but seems that is an impossibility.
So having Actual facts and proof in hands is being stubborn , Ok.
Let's move on from this, shall we? (Please?) Here's a little art I found on Miiverse.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHjByjHxAQ
Not only to Gardevoir , Rosalina also shares similar looks With Cynthia.

gameprodigy12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gameprodigy12
3DS FC
2423-2583-7165
So having Actual facts and proof in hands is being stubborn , Ok.
Um GameFAQs and youtube comments are not facts, only deranged opinions from people who don't know the facts. Showing voice clips is only showing voice clips. Hearing is very subjective and you happen to be the severe minority. However saying a certain comments on a website when they've proven time and time again to be ignorant/stupidity incarnate are facts is stubbornness.
You have your opinion on the matter, fine but it's not fact. What is fact is she hasn't or never will be space peach, her character hasn't been tarnished since they didn't do anything to her personality, until they decide to do so. AKA ruining her story and the personality that has been carried throughout the years.

Also yeah I can see Cynthia having similarities to Rosalina. Nintendo always bringing references from other franchise into a franchise.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
You know, I'm not a one to worry about the VA; she probably did what she could, given the circumstance. I'm just thankful that at least she IS in the game.

Could this truly be the year of Rosalina, by the way?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Yeah, Rosalina does sound very peach like in this game, but as for the expression and the way she is acting, I think its fine.

People forget, Mario Party is a board game basically, I think its perfectly fine and normal for Rosalina to show some of less mature side considering she is playing a simple game with friends. Her lose animation even reminds me of a scene from her storybook

Her animations seem very neat.

And as for other games with Laura, although Highpitched in Mario Kart 8 at times, still sounds far more human then Peach does, something I like about her and something I found Kerri lacked.

I miss Mercedes though

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Yeah, Rosalina does sound very peach like in this game, but as for the expression and the way she is acting, I think its fine.

People forget, Mario Party is a board game basically, I think its perfectly fine and normal for Rosalina to show some of less mature side considering she is playing a simple game with friends. Her lose animation even reminds me of a scene from her storybook

Her animations seem very neat.

And as for other games with Laura, although Highpitched in Mario Kart 8 at times, still sounds far more human then Peach does, something I like about her and something I found Kerri lacked.

I miss Mercedes though
She is basically an Entity , not just a mere human. None of the Mario characters have a realistic voice to be honest, all of them sound like Cartoons including Rosalina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom