• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I have MP10 pre-ordered, though I'll likely cancel the order, in part because I can't really afford it until a week later than when it releases, and in part because I'm kinda thinking I won't play it much anyway. I have that bundle with the new Mario Amiibo pre-ordered on Amazon.fr because they are selling it for cheap.

Ladyspiker

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-6235-1432-1920
Still, there is such a thing as being too hard, and some of the minigames in Mario Party and Mario Party 2 are just plain brutal whenever you're playing Mini-Game Island and Mini-Game Coaster.
I literally spent hours and hours on Mecha Marathon. And I hated that game with a passion even before I got to it in Mini-Game Coaster. I'm so sad I gave up on it because the Battle Mini-games in MP2 are super fun, and that was the reward for beating the whole coaster. I also used to hate the Crane Game (I think that was what it's called).

Pressing buttons as fast as you can are the worst type of mini-games for me, and unfortunately these games have been reincarnated in Mario Party too often.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I literally spent hours and hours on Mecha Marathon. And I hated that game with a passion even before I got to it in Mini-Game Coaster. I'm so sad I gave up on it because the Battle Mini-games in MP2 are super fun, and that was the reward for beating the whole coaster. I also used to hate the Crane Game (I think that was what it's called).

Pressing buttons as fast as you can are the worst type of mini-games for me, and unfortunately these games have been reincarnated in Mario Party too often.
Is either those or the rotate the stick ones.

But i bet the whole issue is only on the N64. The gamecube Controllers have considerably softer sticks , so rotating them wouldn't be such a stretch like the N64 ones. Same with the buttons , the ones in a N64 controller are a bit more reforced and thus harder to press continuously.

The Mini-Game coaster was only Hard In certain levels , because so minigames favored the CPU way too much , same with MP1 in Minigame Island , it was really cheap.

Castways

Tug-o-War
Skateboard Scamper
Shock Drop and Roll
Mecha Marathon
Abandon the Ship
Limbo Dance
Pedal Power
Hot Rope Jump
Slot Car Derby
ALL COME TO MY MIND Everytime i see references to those Solo Modes... 4 or 5 tries in each one of them...

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Yeah the button-tapping minigames have also been a problem for me. Mario Party 7's Vine Country adds to the insults, where even if you do avoid all the hazards, you'll still lose to Donkey Kong if you fail to tap A quickly enough.

And this incident hasn't been limited to Mario Party either; in Star Fox Adventures, I've heavily struggled to beat The Test of Strength at the LightFoot Village, because of the constant button tapping that you have to do to win it. Ironically, the Krazoa's Test of Strength was much easier to beat, since you're simply facing a generic SharpClaw, who is less resilient than MuscleFoot.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
At the same time, the newer Mario Partys haven't been so atrocious with their game modes. I can't tell you how much I hated dealing with Mario Party 2's Mini-Game Coaster upon reaching Hard mode; World 7 was the bane of me there.
I never got past World 7 there, not even once mainly because of that damn mini-game where I had to constantly press the buttons over and over just to wind up that Mecha Shy Guy. I don't remember the name of it.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Does somebody know if there's a thread around that has a list of all the omega stages and their differences? Lately I've found out that the Kalos Pokemon stage omega won't allow the wall to be wall jumped which got me interested in what other omega's might be useful to CP.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Hey sexy people! Look what arrived in the mail today!

I wonder if I should sell it... I probably can't since it says I can't on the back. That won't stop eBay sellers though.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I wonder if I should sell it... I probably can't since it says I can't on the back. That won't stop eBay sellers though.
Nice!
Hm... I hope you can sell it to me since there isn't Club Nintendo in Taiwan, so stuffs like these that is Club Nintendo only, we Taiwanese buyers can only get it second-handed. So it's okay for you to sell it, I think.
Bah, I was just joking, I don't have that much money nor an ebay account to buy it from you.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

I got mines just yesterday. I plan to rip those to my computer tomorrow.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I didn't got the soundtrack, but I got this:
IMG_20150307_070848.jpg

It actually had already came to my house yesterday, but my sister just didn't realized it.
Now I'm also gonna buy screen protector, and a better capacity SD card. I'll do the transfer over the next few days.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
So I just recently heard this Comet Observatory remix and it's okay, but it could really do without the Peach voice.
It's like she's moaning... >///< It's kinda dirty....

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
So I just recently heard this Comet Observatory remix and it's okay, but it could really do without the Peach voice.
It's her damage sound effect , i believe it's from MPDS or from NSMB and the Smash ones. Since it has a ''Jazzy'' beat i think it sounds smooth rather than ''trashy. If Rosalina had fitting VC it could have been better since its a Comet observatory remix.
It reminds me of that Mortal Kombat 3 track in the Street stage , it uses the Female characters damage and attack sounds (from MK2?) as a ''beat'' Lol

Sounds like ''Ow YEAH!'' lol

Btw the Remix sounds really cool.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Ya know, I was transfering my 3ds data to the new system, and um... at first, it went well when my bult in software and system memory were transfered, but when it comes to the eshop data, a nightmare happened, it failed to link on the Internet! So I shut down my new 3ds and start over, I don't if it's okay yet...(I choose the PC transfer so my SD card data was okay)

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Okay, so Rosalina is like "Pfft, whatever" in this 3rd place animation. That doesn't seem how like Rosalina would usually act.
It starts at 12:35.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'll be getting my soundtrack sometime later as I was told it was shipped recently.

Okay, so Rosalina is like "Pfft, whatever" in this 3rd place animation. That doesn't seem how like Rosalina would usually act.

I'm getting more of a "Oh, ok." and a "I'll take what I can get" vibe more. It's not like she lost, so I wouldn't expect a "pfft, whatever" type animation.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886

Yesterday when i saw it , i could not help but think that she tries to make people believe she doesn't care but she does indeed care that she ended up almost in last place. I like that reaction because i can relate to it (lol?) .

When i saw this gameplay , i thought the Rosalina AI sucked so much in this run , she ended in 3rd like 4 times in a row or so.

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Hail, Rosas.

I'm looking for some practice in this MU. Anyone care to oblige me sometime within the next few days?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Ah, I'm sorry. I probably should've mentioned two things:

1. Any day but today.

2. It has to be on 3DS :(

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Excellent! I'm free all day, so just pick a time.

And I prefer WiiU by miles, too. The 3DS isn't a stellar controller, but it's all I have at the moment, unfortunately. :(

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Well, I'm usually able all day on sunday before 10:30pm.

Whenever is good. Just PM me or I'll PM you tomorrow. I don't really know about scheduling it. I guess, 3:00Pm or 4:00pm would be the best time though.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

She actually say whatever?!
Ah, I'm sorry. I probably should've mentioned two things:

1. Any day but today.

2. It has to be on 3DS :(
Um...there's a lot of chance that 3DS may have input lag (Worst than gameplay lag)...
Well, I'm usually able all day on sunday before 10:30pm.

Whenever is good. Just PM me or I'll PM you tomorrow. I don't really know about scheduling it. I guess, 3:00Pm or 4:00pm would be the best time though.
Better watch out, Ganondorf mains are very powerful.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
How are they doing this?
It's hard to explain, but that isn't edited, you can legitimately do that. I think you have to be really precise with holding, and then reholding the A button after Rosalina does her finisher. It's easier to do after Rosalina takes a small hit.

--------

I was messing about in 3D World.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Again, not seeing spoiled brat. It's third place so of course she would be neither happy nor sad about it.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Actually is more like indiference mixed with a little anger about the situation. She even turns her face away like she is like '' I'm done with this''.

A calm reaction is like Peach in MP9 3rd place, she holds her hands to her chest and says ''Oh , Next time.'' very gently.

Rosalina is more like collected but a little bit angry like she doesn't really wanna bother with such bad events , which is normal.

Also Everytime she ''Succeds'' during her Turn in the Board advancing , she does the same (or very similar) animation when she is selected in Mario Kart Wii / Arcade GPDX , Downside to that throwback is that she sometimes says ''WoooOOo'' , and sounds like she is an air-head or just plain dumb , it's pretty annoying considering she isn't.

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
On a completely different subject, the deadline for custom sets to be decided for inclusion at EVO is drawing near. JohnNumbers has made a post in the relevant thread on the subforum with a preliminary list gleaned from the discussion on the subject. If you have any interest in the matter then I urge you to give it a read and offer your input.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I think we have every custom we could ever need. Rosalina is nice and simple but does have a couple of things people can change to based on preference and match-up.

It all looks pretty good. Glad Rosalina went by smoothly. Here's to years of Falco laser speedy starbits. :rosalina:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is bad. They're straight up making her "Space Peach" in this game:

Last edited:

AceStarThe3rd

SmashTuber
NNID
AceStarThe3rd2
Guys, guess what?
I've finally found the method of doing the Luma desync, and I shall call it the "Star Spin" technique!

Problem is... its really difficult.
I'll start working on the video now

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
This is bad. They're straight up making her "Space Peach" in this game:

...Um...All she did was go woo. I mean, she technically did that in Smash bros every time she does her up special. I don't really she the problem. Thats a standard Rosalina line. It's kinda like her "alright" victory quote in smash.

It's a little excited but not massively excited like Peach. Peach would go OH YEAH! LOOK AT ME! I'M AMAZING! Peachy. ~

Unless you want Rosalina to never be excited I really don't see the problem here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom