• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't give a **** about that, I still don't like her both in Smash and as a character.

And it bothers me, too.
Your own opinion. I'm not gonna change you. But like me I don't like Bowser jr, but even more don't like him when he is in Smash.

I really can't imagine if they made Rosalina in her actual size, probably a bit taller?

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Did anybody seriously expected Rosalina to have different animations that Does not match the rest of the characters???

For real?

The way i see it , NDCube was KIND ENOUGH to have her floating instead of running and standing. Anymore than that is just plain unfitting. The policy in Mario Party is being all Happy And Cute and whatever , and Rosalina is not an exception.

The price you have to pay to have a spot secured in a game ... your Personality.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Did anybody seriously expected Rosalina to have different animations that Does not match the rest of the characters???

For real?

The way i see it , NDCube was KIND ENOUGH to have her floating instead of running and standing. Anymore than that is just plain unfitting. The policy in Mario Party is being all Happy And Cute and whatever , and Rosalina is not an exception.

The price you have to pay to have a spot secured in a game ... your Personality.
She does have unique animations. She flies around instead of running around, for example.

I think part of the problem is that Bowswr Party is built to glorify Bowser, while everyone else is meant to seem lackluster by comparison.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
That's what i said. Aside having her floating (technically not so Great considering Boo floated in Mario Party before it was cool)
There's nothing to expect from her , or from anybody . It would be so out of place to have the characters react a certain way while Rosalina does the oppossite or so.

By that logic then None of the characters is really following their own trails. Yoshi , Mario , Luigi , Peach and even Daisy were portrayed as being FEARLESS to Bowser in the past and regularly.

If Mario is SCARED of Bowser in Mario Party then ROSALINA IS TOO , The end.

I seriously won't expect development for her in a Mario Party game , that would be delusional.

Expecting ''Special treatment'' for Rosalina in an spin Off where everybody acts pretty much the same is waaaay too much.
In all seriousness , I'm just grateful enough that they took the time to make her playable and just that.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Wait, Amiibo mode has minigames? YES! I wonder if Bowser amiibo party is better then normal bowser party

Also I'm loving Rosalina's animations, her lose animation reminds me of a scene from her storybook.

Her voice does sound a little weird though but I'll get use to it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That's used to be one of my favorite web comic!
But why not Waluigi istead of Bowser Jr? Or other characters? It feels like you are despising Rosalina in Smash when I look at your profile message.
It's just a joke to try to catch users off-guard. Again, it's only temporary, and Rosalina will come back before March is over.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Now, the theory on Rosalina was really ridiculous, but what about this? It seems pretty convincing...
Are there any flaws with it? I'm sure sonicbrawler could point some out.

Last edited:

gameprodigy12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gameprodigy12
3DS FC
2423-2583-7165
Totally; i'm really concerned and upset about Rosalina's current portrayal in the games she is appearing now , completely ditching her origins in any kind of way while sounding wacky instead of like a Goddess.

How dissapointing , but Alas!

As for Peach , is quite understandable why some people don't like her (her portrayal) ; But i'd rather have an Iconic female character that would never be ditched or changed for the worst than a character that started out GREAT and it's getting uninteresting by each appearence she makes just to become Mainstream.

Rosalina is only OUTSTANDING in Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart Wii ; The rest is messed up as her base character has been back and forth ever since she got a totally 180° in the voice department.

Meanwhile Princess Peach stays faithful to her character while , in many many many appearences , many sides of her are explored adding more to her already established CHARACTER without changing it.

Rosalina was too , until Mario Kart 7 , she started going downhill ever since and just appears because she is believed to be popular , but NOT really because she added something ICONIC or anything to the Mario Series.

other characters such as Luigi , Princess Peach , Yoshi etc... instead , are MANDATORY to appear regularly 100% as they are critical in any kind of plot , adventure , side-story , etc...

In 90% of the Mario games , your purpose relies on PEACH because you need to save her , so basically If Peach isn't there then THERES NO GAME , THE END.

Meanwhile , in Mario Galaxy , ANY OTHER character could easily take Rosalina's spot as the Major NPC , starting with the fact that Rosalina's Storybook was completely optional and Miyamoto didn't even thought about giving her such a Background and ending with the fact that Rosalina doesn't really do much during the course of the game.

Not To Mention SPP will forever and even stay , and even if silly little people see it as ''sexist'' is still a Mario-adventure game ala Super Mario Bros. , unique in gimmicks and story so that's that.

Nothing against Rosalina , but this is a reminder of WHO IS WHO , and WHO is 100% Important to the Series as a Whole and WHO ISN'T.

Peach is , Rosalina isn't.
Rosalina is outstanding in every game she's been in and it's not taking away from who she really is. She still has the same personality and still faithful to her character. Like others have said here that it's ok to deviate out of what they are in something like MP, MK, etc. when in a main game is where they are themselves. Rosalina has been the same throughout and kept what she truly is. The only thing they haven't done is go more into her backstory, which should be done but will be at some point since she is becoming and has become a great character. Rosalina is just as important as any other main Mario character and it's been showing since her debut.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Now, the theory on Rosalina was really ridiculous, but what about this? It seems pretty convincing...
Are there any flaws with it? I'm sure sonicbrawler could point some out.
I'll check this video out later...
It's just a joke to try to catch users off-guard. Again, it's only temporary, and Rosalina will come back before March is over.
Fine, but still, what is your motivation of changing your avatar into other characters or things? Had you done this before?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That's what i said. Aside having her floating (technically not so Great considering Boo floated in Mario Party before it was cool)
There's nothing to expect from her , or from anybody . It would be so out of place to have the characters react a certain way while Rosalina does the oppossite or so.

By that logic then None of the characters is really following their own trails. Yoshi , Mario , Luigi , Peach and even Daisy were portrayed as being FEARLESS to Bowser in the past and regularly.

If Mario is SCARED of Bowser in Mario Party then ROSALINA IS TOO , The end.

I seriously won't expect development for her in a Mario Party game , that would be delusional.

Expecting ''Special treatment'' for Rosalina in an spin Off where everybody acts pretty much the same is waaaay too much.
In all seriousness , I'm just grateful enough that they took the time to make her playable and just that.
I don't think it's asking too much for people to expect characters be portrayed in character in Mario Party.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I don't think it's asking too much for people to expect characters be portrayed in character in Mario Party.
It is when you or any other are only asking for this ''treatment'' for just 1 character.

As i said before , if Mario or DK are scared of Bowser then Rosalina is too , Welcome to generic Spin-off Land.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It is when you or any other are only asking for this ''treatment'' for just 1 character.

As i said before , if Mario or DK are scared of Bowser then Rosalina is too , Welcome to generic Spin-off Land.
Except I wasn't? Earlier on I commented on how Wario and Waluigi seemed out of character too, and that Mario shouldn't be scared of Bowser either. Those three and Rosalina are the only ones I think have any real problems as it is.

And I don't see where your fixation with "ALL CHARACTERS HAVE TO BE THE SAME IN SPIN-OFFS" comes from, because part of the reason I am highlighting the questionable portrayals in the first place is because Mario spin-offs are normally really good at portraying a character's unique traits:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
On Mario Party they mostly are.

Basic animations and reactions are shared and not explored or given any kind of additional touch.

Rosalina , and the rest of the cast share those animations in many instances.

My point relies when IN-GAME animations come in. You cannot expect one character have an in-game animation way too different than the others in Mario Party when their purposes in the game is the same ; Being a skin/avatar that you use to clear the game against other different characters.

In the special Cutscenes like in Mario Golf You use 1 CHARACTER per game or set of holes ; They don't share the spotlight with anybody else , thus giving them the freedom and time to portray their most common traits during the ''Win'' ''Lose'' animations. In A Situation like BOWSER APPEARING and everybody is running scared , Rosalina has to do the same generic action in other to Fit in .

Also a big thing that i'd like to point out is , that As i said before , Rosalina can certainly be scared. In fact is way more realistic that she is , it shows more to her sides than being nonchalant to that kind of situation. And even if some people think it's out of character , it doesn't really matter considering that every other character is doing the same

And Her voice doesn't really help her either , as people have said before , it doesn't really match her facial expressions .

In Mario Party , the characters are barely represented or associated with their most common traits , as they all celebrate , feel sad when losing , feel scared of Bowser , feel dissapointed when failing , feel surprised by tremors , feel the pain everytime they get burned by fire , etc.

Bringing out Super Mario Strikers and Mario Golf certainly associate each character with some of their traits , but those games are not Mario Party.

IN-GAME speaking , everybody reacts similar. If you get shocked to the fence you scream for example , or if you have a NICE SHOT you celebrate in a not so Outstanding way.

A true IN-GAME special portrayal was Rosalina in Mario Kart Wii. Everytime you lost as any other character you'd most likely feel bad but if you lose as Rosalina her smooth and calm '' Oh well , Next time!'' could make you feel that losing was no so bad after all. Not to mention she was the only character not to get OVER THE TOP and instead race normally like a real person .

That's part of the past now. Or should we say ''Peachy''?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My point relies when IN-GAME animations come in. You cannot expect one character have an in-game animation way too different than the others in Mario Party when their purposes in the game is the same ; Being a skin/avatar that you use to clear the game against other different characters.
...I shouldn't even need to point this out, but that isn't a valid excuse either.

Expressive characters in-game has been done for a long, long time, across many different kinds of games, with characters having different kind of expressions and animations even when they play the same (in Sonic 2, Tails was not any different to Sonic in terms of gameplay). Even Mario Kart does that (and regardless of stat differences, the characters play the same in those games too, since everyone has the same moves from the same controller inputs).

"Characters play the same" is absolutely not an excuse to make your characters void of their unique personalities. If anything, it's even more reason to give them unique portrayals, because A), they don't have their unique abilities to make them stand out, and B), you have more time and resources to put into it because you DON'T have to spend time and resources to make them play differently.

Nintendo is a AAA company, and this is the year 2015. Of course I should expect them to portray my favourite characters with consistency and with their unique traits in-tact.

Also a big thing that i'd like to point out is , that As i said before , Rosalina can certainly be scared. In fact is way more realistic that she is , it shows more to her sides than being nonchalant to that kind of situation.
But she is supposed to be nonchalant in any kind of situation (it's part of her whole character development in the storybook). Rosalina is literally described as a fearless character. Of all people, she should not be scared of Bowser. A determined expression, or even just a slightly concerned expression, is more fitting for her than "oh god please don't kill me".

That's part of the past now. Or should we say ''Peachy''?
...At this point you're not even making sense.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
No she isn't. Nintendo had already made very clear they don't give a flying crap about Rosalina's storybook .

Lovely , isn't she?

Rosalina's only Correct portrayal In an Spin Off game was Mario Kart Wii , And argueably Mario Golf WT.

She is part of the Recurring Mario cast right now. I wouldn't be surprised that if she appears in Mario Party 11 they don't give her a new solo artwork.

She is gonna be prominent for a while , that's 100% true , but let's see how far that goes once she appears in every established spin off game.

At that moment , they would just stop , and treat her normally ; Ala Waluigi , Daisy , Birdo , Wario after the Gamecube Era.

Meanwhile , the characters that actually matter like Princess Peach i.e, will always have endless of promotionals for all the games that are yet to come.

Rosalina is awsome , but thanks to Her fanboys , she is just merely the New toy in the playground .

They don't even bother by adding a simple Echo filter anymore , making her even more generic.

Oh , and sit and wait for Rosalina (or any other) have an OUTSTANDING in-game animation in a Mario Party game when they perform Basic actions... it's gonna be a long wait. Expect from NDCube not from Nintendo , as they are the ones in charge of Mario Party same with Camelot and the Tennis and Golf Series.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Baby Rosalina is a non-canon addition to MK8 made for cuteness factor. She does not take away from Rosalina's own portrayal at all.

Rosalina is awsome , but thanks to Her fanboys , she is just merely the New toy in the playground .
...What?

Rosalina is a mainstay of the Mario franchise. She has made recurring appearances in the main series, she gets promoted way more than Peach ever did these days (this is not up for debate and you are straight up delusional if you think otherwise), and she's now a fan favourite in Smash Bros. She isn't going anywhere, whether you think her portrayal was only good for one or two games or not.

Also, why do you say "fanboys"?

You compare Rosalina to Daisy (a character made because of legal restrictions, and relegated to only spin-offs because of legal restrictions), and Waluigi (a character made merely to be a partner for Wario in Mario Tennis and was kept on for other spin offs since he's kinda funny). But she is much more comparable to Yoshi and Wario, characters who were made for an important role in their debut game, got popular, and were utilised as big Nintendo mascots because of their popularity and potential. And, like Rosalina, made it into Smash Bros.

For some reason, this is getting attention on tumblr.

http://zauniteyordle.tumblr.com/post/112542957682
Well why wouldn't it? :V

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Rosalina is a mainstay of the Mario franchise. She has made recurring appearances in the main series, she gets promoted way more than Peach ever did these days (this is not up for debate and you are straight up delusional if you think otherwise), and she's now a fan favourite in Smash Bros. She isn't going anywhere, whether you think her portrayal was only good for one or two games or not.
Promoted? Are you even reading what you are typing?

Princess Peach , at this point of her Glorious Life Spam , Doesn't really need anymore recognition than she currently has considering Everybody and their Grandma , and Their Pet and their Goldfish TRULY KNOW Who is Princess Peach.

Rosalina is getting Promotionals at this points because she is truly Brand new to each new entry in an established series.

Mario Party 10 being the best example right here.

Thinking that She is any more of ''Insert X thing '' than Princess Peach when it comes to the media or Global recognition is being Delusional.

And who said anything about her going somewhere?

If your brain and memory Actually work , you'd know that right after the Gamecube era , Daisy , Wario , Waluigi and Birdo started to have Less and Less promtionals for the games , until we reach Mario Kart 8 , where none are featured in an Official Artwork and Birdo was cut. Point is that , with each appearence , Rosalina becomes more and more common so she wouldn't need a Promotional for everything like Mario or Peach DOES.

That was what i was aiming for in terms of reference , but i cannot expect much from a fanboy , so that's that.

There are endleess flamewars and such about Rosalina's character and so and so.

But so little about Princess Peach ... I wonder why is that? Oh right , it's because Most people know Who is Who and their respective places in the Importance to the Series Scale.

Now wonder why is always Daisy Vs Rosalina , and never Peach vs Rosalina.

Rosalina is truly an insteresting and Big character , but downside to her , is how flawed her fanbase is ... reminds me of Rabid 1D fans tbh.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There are endleess flamewars and such about Rosalina's character and so and so.

But so little about Princess Peach ... I wonder why is that? Oh right , it's because Most people know Who is Who and their respective places in the Importance to the Series Scale.
Like I said, delusional.

I was gonna respond to the whole thing but I have indeed confirmed I am dealing with a rabid Peach fan.

Peach gets way more **** than Rosalina does from the public and Nintendo fans. Yes, more people know Peach by face and name. But more people love Rosalina and can tell you more about her than the "she's Mario's incompetent girlfriend" you will hear people describe Peach as.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
As much as I don't want to butt in, this kind of debate really isn't getting anywhere. Let's try not to drag the debate any further than where it's at right now.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I think that Rosalina is being used as a marketing partner for Peach. I mean, if Mario and Luigi are always promoted together (their main target being boys), maybe they want to start giving Peach a promotion partner so they can both be marketed towards girls, and since it's obvious most people really dislike Daisy, while Rosalina has received great reception since her debut, it's obvious why they made their choice.

Personally, I think she's here to stay and be important forever. Hopefully it'll be like that.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
The topic itself is interesting. The idea of what exactly is Rosalina character is usually nice to explore as she is a generally mysterious character who doesn't get a lot of character moments.

The discussion could've worked out better though.

What do I think of her character recently though? Well, it hasn't contradicted her Galaxy personality in my view, but at the same time it really doesn't matter to me.

I always saw her as wise, but loved to have fun every once and a while...which is actually how's she's been. I mean, her storybook portrayed her as a fun loving girl, so nothing about her recent personality contradicts that.

Sure, she certainly matured through her experience, but even after that she didn't stop having fun as shown in the storybook.

As for her apparently being scared in Mario party 10, eh, minor detail. There also has been no signs of her being fearless anyway so not like it matters to much.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The topic itself is interesting. The idea of what exactly is Rosalina character is usually nice to explore as she is a generally mysterious character who doesn't get a lot of character moments.

What do I think of her character recently though? Well, it hasn't contradicted her Galaxy personality in my view, but at the same time it really doesn't matter to me.

I always saw her as wise, but loved to have fun every once and a while...which is actually how's she's been. I mean, her storybook portrayed her as a fun loving girl, so nothing about her recent personality contradicts that.

Sure, she certainly matured through her experience, but even after that she didn't stop having fun as shown in the storybook.

As for her apparently being scared in Mario party 10, eh, minor detail. There also has been no signs of her being fearless anyway so not like it matters to much.
I don't really know why you guys are arguing something that just... I don't know, trifle stuff? O rjust her minor detail? Why are you guys starting to argue about this?

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I don't really know why you guys are arguing something that just... I don't know, trifle stuff? O rjust her minor detail? Why are you guys starting to argue about this?
I think we've gotten over that at this point. Let bygones be bygones.

Anyways, are people getting Mario Party 10 because Rosalina is in it, or for another reason, or not at all?

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886

I agree ... in most parts.

1) It can be for some. In my honest opinion she hasn't been portrayed as Motherly or so ever since Mario Galaxy. Even if it's tiring to hear or whatever , the truth of the matter is that her sudden voice change INDEED HURT her Character. Since the storybook was put aside and no signs of futher development , One of Rosalina's most important assets to still Prevail and be known as who she was since the very beggining was her Voice. Things happened , and we can all say Goodbye to all of that Now ; I will always believe that one of Rosalina's strongest points was the fact that she wasn't excited and Happy about EVERYTHING like the rest of the characters , she was just cool with it in a very humble way which is Totally realistic and relatable.

2) Actually that's her child self . Ever since Rosalina found herself stray from home she felt really sad , but once she found out she wasn't alone anymore and that the Lumas needed more affection than she did , She truly took a REALISTIC step Forward and Grow Up into a more mature being in order to serve as a guide and Mother to the young lumas. This is important considering she Matured and became more intouch with the Space , the outworld ; This is represented by her Calm nature , actions , and both Her Voice and the echo that reminds us she is ''Out of this world'' (Not anymore it seems).

3) Totally a minor detail , she has to do it like everybody else.

Anyways, are people getting Mario Party 10 because Rosalina is in it, or for another reason, or not at all?
Two Words: Bowser Party.

That's the basic gimmick of this title .

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord

I'll speak for myself: not even with Rosalina included I'm going to get that game. It looks incredibly boring. I can already tell it's going to be a mediocre game like 4 onwards. Watch the reviews agree with me.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I'll speak for myself: not even with Rosalina included I'm going to get that game. It looks incredibly boring. I can already tell it's going to be a mediocre game like 4 onwards. Watch the reviews agree with me.
MP9 was a total downgrade but the GCN is the Pinnacle of The Mario Party series.

No wonder why there are so many in that console , it has the fan favorites : Mario Party 6 and 7. Also the N64 has MP2 and 3.

However this game doesn't seem soooo bad , it looks better than 9 at least.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

I really haven't put much thought into getting Mario Party 10. Similarly, I never bought Mario Golf: World Tour, since I'm not big on Mario Golf.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I agree ... in most parts.

1) It can be for some. In my honest opinion she hasn't been portrayed as Motherly or so ever since Mario Galaxy.
Eh, what counts as motherly for some is different for others.

I will always believe that one of Rosalina's strongest points was the fact that she wasn't excited and Happy about EVERYTHING like the rest of the characters , she was just cool with it in a very humble way which is Totally realistic and relatable.
Well, I wouldn't exactly call her being excited about everything in the recent games either. Especially if you say things like "like the rest of the characters."

I mean, we have Peach who is completely sassy, says things like "Oh, did I win?" "Peachy", and "Sweet."

We have Daisy who is excited about everything. "Hi I'm Daisy."

Then we have Rosalina, who whenever she wins usually consist of a very gentle "alright," or a graceful chuckle. Does she have her slight sass moments? Sure. Her side taunt is probably the sassiest thing she has ever done. But thats a taunt, and her other taunts are more graceful. What can you do?

She still has the unique quality of being more graceful in her reactions compared to the other characters.

2) Actually that's her child self . Ever since Rosalina found herself stray from home she felt really sad , but once she found out she wasn't alone anymore and that the Lumas needed more affection than she did , She truly took a REALISTIC step Forward and Grow Up into a more mature being in order to serve as a guide and Mother to the young lumas. This is important considering she Matured and became more intouch with the Space , the outworld ; This is represented by her Calm nature , actions , and both Her Voice and the echo that reminds us she is ''Out of this world'' (Not anymore it seems).
Eh, Child self or not, it is still her. She had a fun attitude in the past, she can potentially have a fun attitude now. Mature also means different things to different people.

But I digress. I still personally find what she does have now still interesting as a character.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
MP9 was a total downgrade but the GCN is the Pinnacle of The Mario Party series.

No wonder why there are so many in that console , it has the fan favorites : Mario Party 6 and 7. Also the N64 has MP2 and 3.

I think from MP3 to MP7 (MP7 is a bit iffy), that's when the pinnacle of the Mario Party series happened. Afterwards, it's been mediocre at best.

MP8 had the most characters to date (15 if you include Miis), and some of the boards were pretty good, but it looked so visually displeasing because it had realistic environments that didn't look good with the characters (plus the colors were dull), and the minigames weren't too good either with motion controls. Despite it's flaws, it's not that bad, just severely underrated.

MP9 was bad in my eyes, not because of the car mechanic, but because the game tried to make everyone stay close in numbers with mini stars. When everyone is playing to their best of their abilities and the game makes everyone stay close together within winning range, the skill cap drops and luck is the more prominent factor in deciding a winner. I feel that it will still be the case in Mario Party 10 and it'll probably suck because of it.

I really haven't put much thought into getting Mario Party 10. Similarly, I never bought Mario Golf: World Tour, since I'm not big on Mario Golf.
I got Mario Golf because I had the previous game for the Gamecube and I really like it, even though I never really cared for golf. When I heard that Rosalina was gonna be part of DLC, that made me pretty excited since her gameplay seemed pretty cool with her winning animations. However, I was disappointed that I couldn't use her in random online matches unless other people had the DLC. That's just really dumb.

EEh, Child self or not, it is still her. She had a fun attitude in the past, she can potentially have a fun attitude now. Mature also means different things to different people.
I agree with your statement. I think since she's with her family of Luma's, she surely has to have some fun now and then. As for the maturity, it's also true with what you said. It's different for many people since maturity is subjective.

C3CC

Smash Lord

I actually think 7 and 8 are the worst of the series. 7's soundtrack makes my ears bleed, and 8 is just sooooo slow. 4 and 5 were pretty dull too, and I never got to play 6.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

I'm still pretty neutral about it. I mean, the series has been getting worse and worse, in my opinion, that began with Mario Party 8. The series no longer has that same feeling that Mario Party 2 had.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

It's obvious that I won't get MP10 because I haven't got a Wii U yet. But I was quite excited of this game when they had announced Rosalina was playable.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't have time to go over everything bit as a quick overview:

1) Rosalina is not promoted as a partner to Peach. She is not even associated much with Peach at all, officially.

2) Rosalina has numerous bios describing her as fearless, as well as multiple on-screen examples, such as her blowing straight through Bowser's fleet.

I also typed up a detailed and accurate description of her character personally in the past, but I don't have it on hand right now.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm still pretty neutral about it. I mean, the series has been getting worse and worse, in my opinion, that began with Mario Party 8. The series no longer has that same feeling that Mario Party 2 had.
At the same time, the newer Mario Partys haven't been so atrocious with their game modes. I can't tell you how much I hated dealing with Mario Party 2's Mini-Game Coaster upon reaching Hard mode; World 7 was the bane of me there.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Mini-game island , Mini-game Coaster and Overall Story Mode fro MP3 are among the best solo modes . They are challenging that is. Is not that 4 onwards has worse or anything , but Mario Party 9 truly dissapointed my expectations . The Story mode is super short and meh ; and the extra mode is ''perspective mode'' , which is really lame and only available for 1 player.

MP8 at least had the bowling , the Super race with literally all the characters , MP7 had Deluxe cruise and so.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Still, there is such a thing as being too hard, and some of the minigames in Mario Party and Mario Party 2 are just plain brutal whenever you're playing Mini-Game Island and Mini-Game Coaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom