• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I think she also looks good in MP10 though.

I'll pick the red one.
Thanks for sending me your Rosalina replay @ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku ! You use the purple one, and I can't believe you were only about 50% damage when the match ends and didn't even get KOed once! Well, the Charizard you had fought wasn't that good, was the game laggy?
It was pretty laggy. I'm pretty sure the Palutena was KO'd because of lag and she didn't dodge Charizard in time.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It was pretty laggy. I'm pretty sure the Palutena was KO'd because of lag and she didn't dodge Charizard in time.
Many Charizard user loves to use flare blitz to KO opponents, or give them a lot of damage.

Illuminati sanic

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
I'm all for Rosalina.

[COLLAPSE="Here is why"]
[/COLLAPSE]
That's not a bad idea, actually, although it could potentially cripple her more so than Olimar's Pikmin being hittable, since Olimar can have multiple Pikmin, while Rosalina only has one Luma (save for my idea of her Final Smash). Would giving the Luma its own hurtbox balance Rosalina? Perhaps, but it could also hurt her at the same time. I can still see where you're getting at though, but the way my Rosalina moveset plays, giving the Luma a hurtbox would make her potentially worse unless I do some pretty significant changes, and considering how far into her moveset I've committed my time into, I don't really want to do anything major, at least not right now. That said, if you have any ideas of a moveset that can implement such a system, then feel free to post it, and I'll be happy to add it to the OP.

Thanks for the feedback.
Online people tho.... they just suck.

Sanic.Sanic.Sanic.

Last edited by a moderator:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
@ Dabuz Dabuz Congratulations on winning the Customs tournament for us Rosalina mains. She looks pretty hype with customs on.

Why did you use Launch star plus btw?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I actually fought one Friday night and he kept using Flare Blitz over and over.
I had met one before too. I also got SD flame chocked by Ganondorf before also...
@ Dabuz Dabuz Congratulations on winning the Customs tournament for us Rosalina mains. She looks pretty hype with customs on.

Why did you use Launch star plus btw?
So you had won another tournaments @ Dabuz Dabuz , congrats! By the way, what tournament is it called?

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
It's a lot harder to edge-guard plus and it lets me get to the ledge faster which helps in soooooo many situations
This is why I'm considering switching to Launch Star Plus. Also, my Rosalina amiibo always had a hard time using the regular Launch Star and tended to SD, but now she doesn't with Launch Star Plus.

By the way, was there a stream or video of the tournament you went to? I'd really like to see how well you did.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's a lot harder to edge-guard plus and it lets me get to the ledge faster which helps in soooooo many situations
The main downside with Launch Star Plus is that because you can't change its angle, you are leaving yourself helpless for a longer duration if you don't target a ledge to grab hold of.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Personally, I'd go with Launch Star Attack. Sure, it doesn't travel as far, but it can be angled, unlike Launch Star Plus, and the shorter distance it travels is hardly a handicap given Rosalina's second jump and fall speed (it's not like the shorter distance is that short anyway; still better than most other recoveries). Not to mention that it has a hitbox, so it can't be easily edge-guarded.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
On the topic of customs, I've been trying out Catch & Release a bit and... it's surprisingly OK as an edgegaurding move since it can screw over certain characters recoveries.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
On the topic of customs, I've been trying out Catch & Release a bit and... it's surprisingly OK as an edgegaurding move since it can screw over certain characters recoveries.
I have tried using Launch Star Attack myself in Smash 3DS, but the fact that that attack halts your momentum upon finishing can be a troubling dilemma if you're trying to recover horizontally.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I have tried using Launch Star Attack myself in Smash 3DS, but the fact that that attack halts your momentum upon finishing can be a troubling dilemma if you're trying to recover horizontally.
First is @ ChikoLad ChikoLad , now is your turn taking Rosalina off your avatar...
I am not complaining... but ... why did you have change it to Bowser Jr? No offense... but Mario with Bowser Jr, my most dislike character...why?
Looking at your profile message just...um...sorry for saying this...makes me mad... What do you mean Bowser Jr time? Rosalina should be the only Mario newcomer in my opinion, Bowser Jr is a fun character to use but seriously? Is it that essential to add him?

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
First is @ ChikoLad ChikoLad , now is your turn taking Rosalina off your avatar...
I am not complaining... but ... why did you have change it to Bowser Jr? No offense... but Mario with Bowser Jr, my most dislike character...why?
Looking at your profile message just...um...sorry for saying this...makes me mad... What do you mean Bowser Jr time? Rosalina should be the only Mario newcomer in my opinion, Bowser Jr is a fun character to use but seriously? Is it that essential to add him?
Have you ever read Brawl in the Family? That comic's incarnation of Waluigi is very infamous for that "Waluigi Time!" quote. My profile message references the quote, but uses Bowser Jr., instead of Waluigi.

It's only temporary though, as I just wanted to start off March with an unexpected avatar.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
I want to share a few of my favourite recent replays involving Rosalina in Smash 3DS. :) Click the link before you read the spoilers below it, and again, please forgive the quality.

http://www.gfycat.com/BossyAridBudgie
Meteor smashing Greninja during Shadow Sneak. Not the best but I thought it was pretty good.

http://www.gfycat.com/HollowBiodegradableFlounder
Placing Luma above and guarding Zero Suit Samus from recovery.

http://www.gfycat.com/FamousFabulousChick
Luma up smashes Falco off stage.

http://www.gfycat.com/OblongPessimisticFunnelweaverspider
Jab-down smashing Peach into Luma's down smash for a KO. This was in a practice match with custom moves against a CPU, not sure how difficult it would be to replicate.

Dalxp26

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dalxp26
For all you Rosalina mains what character gives you the hardest time? Im a diddy main and she gives me a hard time, i say its a 50/50 when i play against her.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
For all you Rosalina mains what character gives you the hardest time? Im a diddy main and she gives me a hard time, i say its a 50/50 when i play against her.
It's just a personal thing, but I occasionally have a bit of trouble with tiny characters like Ness, Toon Link, and Kirby. Other than that, Rosalina always puts up a strong show for me against other characters, excepting a few instances.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Now you know how I feel about *****. I mean Peach,

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Have you ever read Brawl in the Family? That comic's incarnation of Waluigi is very infamous for that "Waluigi Time!" quote. My profile message references the quote, but uses Bowser Jr., instead of Waluigi.

It's only temporary though, as I just wanted to start off March with an unexpected avatar.
That's used to be one of my favorite web comic!
But why not Waluigi istead of Bowser Jr? Or other characters? It feels like you are despising Rosalina in Smash when I look at your profile message.
Now you know how I feel about *****. I mean Peach,
Peach is a veteran, my only dislike veteran character is Lucario, and I just think he is annoying to fight with, not the character itself.

STRAAAAAANGE THIIIIINGS, KEEP HAPPENIN' TO ME
Geez, does size really that bothers you in MP? If they made her that big, I would actually rather feel uncomfortable.

PFFFTFFFTFFT THE VOICES ARE PERFECT
Rosalina's voice is pretty good, but Luma... just look how his fingers move! And what is the video talking about? I don't really get what Luma had said.

Last edited:

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
LOL
I remember that pic of the day, some people said as well that if you are looking at the starry sky then you're actually seeing under her dress.
Rosalina's voice is pretty good, but Luma... just look how his fingers move! And what is the video talking about? I don't really get what Luma had said.
He firstly remembered her of Super Smash. Bros., the "game made by Mashpotato Samurai", then he said that he said that one thing about you, then quoting the pic of the day where he said that under her gown there is cosmos(though in the video he says "the galaxy"), then they are under her gown.
Also last time I checked, Lumas don't have fingers.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
LOL
I remember that pic of the day, some people said as well that if you are looking at the starry sky then you're actually seeing under her dress.

He firstly remembered her of Super Smash. Bros., the "game made by Mashpotato Samurai", then he said that he said that one thing about you, then quoting the pic of the day where he said that under her gown there is cosmos(though in the video he says "the galaxy"), then they are under her gown.
Also last time I checked, Lumas don't have fingers.
I know, so thst's why I think it's funny how that Luma suddenly appears with fingers.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I want to take my space rocket on an expedition into "the" cosmos.

If ya know what I mean. :yeahboi:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Peach is a veteran, my only dislike veteran character is Lucario, and I just think he is annoying to fight with, not the character itself.

Geez, does size really that bothers you in MP? If they made her that big, I would actually rather feel uncomfortable.
I don't give a **** about that, I still don't like her both in Smash and as a character.

And it bothers me, too.

Karinole

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Karinole
Among the top tiers I'd say shiek is the most troublesome. Aside from that I've also had a bit of trouble with meta knight.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I don't give a **** about that, I still don't like her both in Smash and as a character.

And it bothers me, too.
Totally; i'm really concerned and upset about Rosalina's current portrayal in the games she is appearing now , completely ditching her origins in any kind of way while sounding wacky instead of like a Goddess.

How dissapointing , but Alas!

As for Peach , is quite understandable why some people don't like her (her portrayal) ; But i'd rather have an Iconic female character that would never be ditched or changed for the worst than a character that started out GREAT and it's getting uninteresting by each appearence she makes just to become Mainstream.

Rosalina is only OUTSTANDING in Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart Wii ; The rest is messed up as her base character has been back and forth ever since she got a totally 180° in the voice department.

Meanwhile Princess Peach stays faithful to her character while , in many many many appearences , many sides of her are explored adding more to her already established CHARACTER without changing it.

Rosalina was too , until Mario Kart 7 , she started going downhill ever since and just appears because she is believed to be popular , but NOT really because she added something ICONIC or anything to the Mario Series.

other characters such as Luigi , Princess Peach , Yoshi etc... instead , are MANDATORY to appear regularly 100% as they are critical in any kind of plot , adventure , side-story , etc...

In 90% of the Mario games , your purpose relies on PEACH because you need to save her , so basically If Peach isn't there then THERES NO GAME , THE END.

Meanwhile , in Mario Galaxy , ANY OTHER character could easily take Rosalina's spot as the Major NPC , starting with the fact that Rosalina's Storybook was completely optional and Miyamoto didn't even thought about giving her such a Background and ending with the fact that Rosalina doesn't really do much during the course of the game.

Not To Mention SPP will forever and even stay , and even if silly little people see it as ''sexist'' is still a Mario-adventure game ala Super Mario Bros. , unique in gimmicks and story so that's that.

Nothing against Rosalina , but this is a reminder of WHO IS WHO , and WHO is 100% Important to the Series as a Whole and WHO ISN'T.

Peach is , Rosalina isn't.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina is only questionable in Mario Party 10. She's been perfectly fine elsewhere.

Peach is only worthwhile in Super Paper Mario in terms of the games.

Peach is totally expendable, and this has been proven by her role being traded put for both Daisy and Pauline on occasion.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
By that logic , Mario is totally expendable since Luigi got his chance to star in a Game (Luigi's Mansion) and saving him . Not to mention the countless of times you can Choose Luigi over Mario as a reward in maaaaany Mario platformers.

Everything is better than being yet another NPC .

Rosalina's best Role was in Mario Galaxy and she wasn't even playable.

Peach has many many Good roles , including a main Like Super Princess Peach or spin off's like Mario Strikers , Mario Super Star Baseball , the Mario Party series , you name it .

There's no other game that truly captures Rosalina's original and true character like Mario Galaxy does.

Meanwhile Peach and Daisy , have plenty of games and appearences to choose from when it comes to character development .

Having a Lower pitched voice and then dramatically changing it to a Higher pitched one is Not character developent , is a downgrade.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The meta status of a character's role in a game does not make their character any better or worse. And even if it did, Peach is most associated with being an object that needs saving anyway, while Rosalina is most associated with being a powerful (God like, even), independent, and motherly figure, as well as a strong player character across a lot of genres.

And again, Rosalina has been perfectly fine. MP10.is the first time I found her portrayal remotely questionable.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
In terms of personality, I'm fine with how Rosalina has been. I saw her as a person who has infinite wisdom and experience.

Naturally, a person with infinite wisdom can still have fun. In fact, I expect her to. She used to have fun as a child as shown by the storybook so why not now? Is it because her mom died? Well, it's been hundreds of years so I would've personally assumed she would've made a bridge and get over it already. She's a grown women now.

In terms of if she is "needed" in the new games and/or compared to Peach...

...I say that is actually kind of pointless. If she is in great, if she isn't, well you can't win them all.

If peach is in fine, if she isn't, fine. I mean, why do we need to attach the word "needed?" It's way too debatable to bring any good.

Some people will buy a game even without Luigi if it had Rosalina and vice versa. People have different taste.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
And again, Rosalina has been perfectly fine. MP10.is the first time I found her portrayal remotely questionable.
You.

Meanwhile the rest of the people have been question it since Super Mario 3D World.

What she is associated with is completely meaningless when the character is no longer attached to her acclaimed origins.

Ditched completely in favor of ''more appearences'' in the mainstream casual media

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
You.

Meanwhile the rest of the people have been question it since Super Mario 3D World.

What she is associated with is completely meaningless when the character is no longer attached to her acclaimed origins.
Well, I haven't because I didn't notice. Mainly because what was taking place in galaxy and what was taking place in 3d World are two different things.

Galaxy was serious, the entire universe was in danger and Rosalina's home was threaten. 3d world is more fun, and is especially shown with Rosalina being a secret character. She has no reason to be serious since there is nothing threatening going on. Thats probably why she joined as a playable character, to have some fun.

Also:
I keep seeing this. Whats off about her besides height issues?

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I keep seeing this. Whats off about her besides height issues?
To me, it's her voice. It's really high pitched in many instances. When a minigame is about to begin, I think she goes "Woo Hoo!" and her expression does not match her tone of voice. She looks completely calm, yet she says "Woo Hoo!" without moving her lips. That right there just doesn't match. When it comes to her height though, that's extremely jarring since she's actually changing size right in front of people's eyes. Her whole body shrinks, not just her height.

The way she was put in Mario Party 10 is just sloppy.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Also for me, I especially don't like how she appears frightened of Bowser in Bowser Party. It's totally out of character for her. Goes against every description of her character, including her Amiibo description.

This is an underlying problem with MP10 in general though. The characters just feel like skins and just don't feel like themselves. Likely to save time.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Also for me, I especially don't like how she appears frightened of Bowser in Bowser Party. It's totally out of character for her. Goes against every description of her character, including her Amiibo description.

This is an underlying problem with MP10 in general though. The characters just feel like skins and just don't feel like themselves. Likely to save time.
If anything, I think she could've covered her ears when Bowser shows up. That way it looks like she's covering her ears because of Bowser's yelling and not because she's "scared".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom