• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice
I do think she is over exposed, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Fact remains, she's kept within the Mario franchise, her representation in it is in the same level as most of the cast, 3D World and the MK8 CD cover being notable exceptions, but as mentioned earlier, this isn't completely foreign, with Yoshi and Wario before her being examples.

Also the "too new" argument is kind of dumb, it completely ignores how fan favorite Roy didn't even have his own game yet when Melee came out.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Really, the only characters I feel are forced in our faces these days are the Koopalings - they were completely forgettable, easy, and one-note boss characters in SMB3, carried on that role in the NSMB series, and now they take up a lot of space on the Mario Kart 8 roster, as well as being playable in Smash.

I mean, over here in Europe, they're literally called "Bowser's Minions" officially. Like, seriously, I don't see why people have such a problem with Rosalina showing up in stuff and claim she's being shoved our faces, in light of how the Koopalings are shoved in our faces and everyone is OK with that.

Oh that's right, nostalgia.
This is probably the main reason why I don't like Bowser Jr or even Koopalings in Smash. I just don't know why there are some people just like to against her, no matter what reason. I am not that irritated of Koopalings in Smash, but I just think that there are many better choice than add Bowser Jr and Koopalings...

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
This is probably the main reason why I don't like Bowser Jr or even Koopalings in Smash.
The koopalings yeah maybe, but Bowser Jr as well? He's been a reoccurring villain and is a mech user. Even though the mech part could've been handled a lot better, Bowser jr is still pretty unique as a character. After Rosalina and Bowser Jr, I can't picture another Mario character as them.

Toad maybe, but I really need to see him in action in a smash game.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The koopalings yeah maybe, but Bowser Jr as well? He's been a reoccurring villain and is a mech user. Even though the mech part could've been handled a lot better, Bowser jr is still pretty unique as a character. After Rosalina and Bowser Jr, I can't picture another Mario character as them.

I think the problem is that Bowser Jr. is a very expendable character if he's only made to use high-tech equipment, instead of fighting like a man (or a Koopa in this case). That's something that even a generic enemy could be made to do; Shy Guys are one example.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't know what is supposed to be defined as "over exposed". If it's supposed to mean she is overshadowing classic characters...well, what did anyone honestly expect? I mean, Peach is just moe fan service at this point, with nothing especially cool or endearing about her anymore (and honestly she's historically been only this, with some exceptions). Mario himself is the blandest character in the entire franchise, and doesn't necessarily deserve exposure, but there is no point questioning it for obvious reasons.

Luigi and Bowser are cool characters, and have been fleshed out, but that mostly only happens in spin-offs and RPGs.

Bowser Jr had potential to be an interesting character that would have simultaneously amplified Bowser's character is well, but they squandered that, and turned him into an 8th Koopaling.

Rosalina is just a character that has a lot of appeal for a lot of reasons, as well as being Nintendo EAD's mascot/baby. Since they have to make Mario games year after year, it's justified for them to integrate their own character.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Hey wanted to introduce myself, names Lange and played Rosa since the game came out and really enjoy her. Just wanted to integrate in the dashboards Rosa community more and get to know the group. Thanks look forward to being apart more.
Hey there! Sorry nobody has been replying back to you. When it comes to some places, you really gotta grab people's attention (sorry about that). Anyways, welcome to the Rosalina community! I hope you have a good time here. :)

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
hey guys how are you
i ask for some helps to improve my skills
someone can help me also with a skype call or chat for a few matches or for any suggestion

I beleive that some strong rosalina mainer can give me important tips :D
my skype id is ballabio.alessandro
Pro tip: if you hit the enemy, he gets damaged.
Seriously, a general tip would be to be flexible, understand your options in the situation you are, don't fall into patterns and don't lose focus, and give up if you aren't ready for things like advanced zoning. It would be easier to give tip if I knew your approach with the character.
Hey wanted to introduce myself, names Lange and played Rosa since the game came out and really enjoy her. Just wanted to integrate in the dashboards Rosa community more and get to know the group. Thanks look forward to being apart more.
Welcome here.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Sorry, but to me, Bowser Jr in Smash just feels... again, bit fan service... and why don't they keep that roster space for Mewtwo, Wolf, Lucas, or any veterans or even more unexpected new characters? Bowser Jr is sure a cool dude, but to me, I just don't want him in Smash. I think one Mario newcomer is enough already.
And I like Toad too, but as long as Peach still use Toad, I don't think he'll be in. Say, what kind of movesets will he have?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Sorry, but to me, Bowser Jr in Smash just feels... again, bit fan service... and why don't they keep that roster space for Mewtwo, Wolf, Lucas, or any veterans or even more unexpected new characters? Bowser Jr is sure a cool dude, but to me, I just don't want him in Smash. I think one Mario newcomer is enough already.
And I like Toad too, but as long as Peach still use Toad, I don't think he'll be in. Say, what kind of movesets will he have?
At least Bowser Jr. is a way better choice than Daisy, Waluigi and even Toad but I do agree they should've brought back another veteran in the game to fill in on that spot, which, in my opinion, should've gone to Wolf O'Donnell.
And if people wants too see Toad in Smash, they would have to replace Peach and put him in instead.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
At least Bowser Jr. is a way better choice than Daisy, Waluigi and even Toad but I do agree they should've brought back another veteran in the game to fill in on that spot, which, in my opinion, should've gone to Wolf O'Donnell.
And if people wants too see Toad in Smash, they would have to replace Peach and put him in instead.
I just think it's better they can put back all the veterans from Brawl that everyone hope to come back rather than adding more Mario characters, don't ya think? Like cutting one of each Starfox and Earthbound characters just to put Bowser Jr and Dr.Mario in wasn't a thing that we had all been wish for.

Some may argue that Toad can appear in one place, and heck, even Captain Toad? He's better to appear in MK8, but I just don't think Toads are suitable in Smash... Toad is one of my favorite Mario side kick character, but I just think he's has a spot in Smash. Unless they really give him a cool moveset.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I just think it's better they can put back all the veterans from Brawl that everyone hope to come back rather than adding more Mario characters, don't ya think? Like cutting one of each Starfox and Earthbound characters just to put Bowser Jr and Dr.Mario in wasn't a thing that we had all been wish for.

Some may argue that Toad can appear in one place, and heck, even Captain Toad? He's better to appear in MK8, but I just don't think Toads are suitable in Smash... Toad is one of my favorite Mario side kick character, but I just think he's has a spot in Smash. Unless they really give him a cool moveset.
I do feel like the Mario series is being over represented. I thought for certain that Rosalina would be the only Mario newcomer for the game. Adding another newcomer and a veteran who did not make it to Brawl was a complete surprise to me. At first, I didn't want to see Wolf return again in this installment but after playing my first Star Fox game, which was Star Fox 64 3D, I started to take a shine to him and now wish he should be in the game. And don't know if they plan to release anymore DLC after Mewtwo, but Wolf is one of two characters I would like to see make a return as DLCs, the other being Solid Snake.
And he's me imagining him yelling out "The Princess is in another castle!" as one of his movesets. hehe

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I love how Rosalina doesn't even shiver when Bowser roars.

She's just like:

"OW

MY EARS

****ING PLEASE"

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I just hope Nintendo didn't forget or ignored who she really is and what made her so special in the first place.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
8th Koopaling.
Well no, it's more like the head Koopaling, the boss of them all. The leader. While he doesn't get alts he gets everything else, the final smash, the trophies, the CSS, the amiibo, etc.

It's quite clear he is superior to them in smash bros.

Rosalina Gameplay from MP10

ooooooo. That Observatory remix. So gleeful. <3

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Things to Notice:

Rosalina keeps her MK8 voice Actress aka Laura Faye
When Rosalina and Wario are in the Amiibo board , a different theme plays depending on who is playing at the moment , when is Rosalina's turn i.e. the cosmic observatory theme plays.
Toadette and Spike unlockeable and there are no more characters after that.
And many others...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well no, it's more like the head Koopaling, the boss of them all. The leader. While he doesn't get alts he gets everything else, the final smash, the trophies, the CSS, the amiibo, etc.

It's quite clear he is superior to them in smash bros.
Except I wasn't talking about the context of Smash Bros. In canon, Larry is the leader of the Koopalings, FYI.

I just hope Nintendo didn't forget or ignored who she really is and what made her so special in the first place.
After watching the videos more thoroughly....

...Somewhat girly mannerisms....

...being SCARED of Bowser (in the Bowser Party mini-game draw)....

....Voice getting to be a little too high....

OK yeah, I am uncomfortable with this portrayal.

Nintendo, please don't forget this:

"Rosalina travels through space in a starship called the Comet Observatory. Motherly and protective of the many Lumas that she travels with, she guards the cosmos against any and all threats. Wielding a Star Wand and her signature blue dress, Rosalina always seems cool even in the face of danger."

-Official Amiibo description for Rosalina

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Or this...minus the princess part:

"Not much is known about Rosalina, the lonely princess who wanders the cosmos in the Comet Observatory, a giant starship that travels the celestial expanse. She is a great friend of the Luma, taking them in and caring for them as if they were her children. But there is a sadness behind her eyes. What has she lost out among the stars?"

-Super Mario Galaxy bio guide

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Or this...minus the princess part:

"Not much is known about Rosalina, the lonely princess who wanders the cosmos in the Comet Observatory, a giant starship that travels the celestial expanse. She is a great friend of the Luma, taking them in and caring for them as if they were her children. But there is a sadness behind her eyes. What has she lost out among the stars?"

-Super Mario Galaxy bio guide
The guide is actually a third party source and really doesn't count, but besides the princess part, the description is pretty accurate.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The guide is actually a third party source and really doesn't count, but besides the princess part, the description is pretty accurate.
Well at least the Rosalina in Smash Bros. is the closest to how she was portrayed in the Galaxy games, which I should count my blessings.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I also think her Mario Golf portrayal is great. I'm even OK with her bogey animations due to it being a running joke of that series.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I also think her Mario Golf portrayal is great. I'm even OK with her bogey animations due to it being a running joke of that series.
I absolutely adored her portrayal in that game, too. Of course, like you, I do feel uncomfortable with how she's been portrayed recently that began with Mario 3D World.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298

Rosalina is slowly being Nintendo-fied!! Is it all part of Nintendo's master plan to make Rosalina more mainstream?!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I absolutely adored her portrayal in that game, too. Of course, like you, I do feel uncomfortable with how she's been portrayed recently that began with Mario 3D World.
3D World and MK8 were fine. She was still tough and cool in those. The games were just more upbeat.

This game is just going a bit far though.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
3D World and MK8 were fine. She was still tough and cool in those. The games were just more upbeat.

This game is just going a bit far though.
You know what really bothers me? The fact that you actually see Rosalina shrink into the car when she jumps in (yet the others don't do this, not even DK!). :( It's like they're toying with her height now.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I do feel like the Mario series is being over represented. I thought for certain that Rosalina would be the only Mario newcomer for the game. Adding another newcomer and a veteran who did not make it to Brawl was a complete surprise to me. At first, I didn't want to see Wolf return again in this installment but after playing my first Star Fox game, which was Star Fox 64 3D, I started to take a shine to him and now wish he should be in the game. And don't know if they plan to release anymore DLC after Mewtwo, but Wolf is one of two characters I would like to see make a return as DLCs, the other being Solid Snake.
And he's me imagining him yelling out "The Princess is in another castle!" as one of his movesets. hehe
Um.. I didn't think that much, but yeah, you and I do have same thoughts after all.
I had played the first Starfox 64 when I was 8 years old when I got an old Nintendo 64 during someones yard sale, and it was the first game that I mastered it. But even though I have a 3ds for a long time, I still haven't played the remake.

I love how Rosalina doesn't even shiver when Bowser roars.

She's just like:

"OW

MY EARS

****ING PLEASE"
She just thinks Bowser is annoying LOL.
Except I wasn't talking about the context of Smash Bros. In canon, Larry is the leader of the Koopalings, FYI.

It's just a party game... Mario Party series aren't really in the Mario Series main story line. So I don't think Rosalina has to show her true personality all the time.
Well whaddya know! I guess my theory was right! Rosalina's song does play when you have the amiibo!
I don't think it is that surprised, of course there will be Rosalina's song. And how a soft remix it is.
Ugh...can't believe Bowser Jr has a part in one of the board, looks like there is some story elements in some boards after all.
You know what really bothers me? The fact that you actually see Rosalina shrink into the car when she jumps in (yet the others don't do this, not even DK!). :( It's like they're toying with her height now.
Well, I wouldn't mind, and actually I didn't noticed it!
Her amiibo size in the game looks quit legit though.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886

Not to be mean or anything but i told ya (and everybody i know). Ever since 2014 , but i dare to say is not really that bad. At least she floats...

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Not to be mean or anything but i told ya (and everybody i know). Ever since 2014 , but i dare to say is not really that bad. At least she floats...
Recently I saw Rosalina SSB4 facebook page...
未命名.png

Yes... it does...

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
My Life-Accomplishment mission of this year... Buy the Rosalina amiibo!

I need it in my life , Literally the only one i must possess (and Lucina's an Peach's) But just with Rosalina is fine.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
My Life-Accomplishment mission of this year... Buy the Rosalina amiibo!

I need it in my life , Literally the only one i must possess (and Lucina's an Peach's) But just with Rosalina is fine.
You haven't got Rosalina amiibo? Hope you get one soon!
I don't have much money to get even a amiibo, but I am hoping to get a New 3DS XL soon.
Say, which of you guys have a New 3DS XL?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Getting my hands on a Rosalina amiibo will forever be my biggest life accomplishment of 2015...and it's not even the holidays yet. lol

All I need now are the amiibos of Ike, Shulk and Lucina and I'll be done with this amiibo bull****.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
You haven't got Rosalina amiibo? Hope you get one soon!
I don't have much money to get even a amiibo, but I am hoping to get a New 3DS XL soon.
Say, which of you guys have a New 3DS XL?
I actually have the New 3DS XL. I decided to upgrade to it because I had the old original 3DS at launch and it was a bit out of shape. If anybody had the original, I'd say they should upgrade, but if they had the regular 3DS XL, they should probably keep it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I still don't own a New Nintendo 3DS XL, but I guess part of the reason has to do with the fact that finding a 32 GB MicroSDHC card can be tricky; my standard 3DS uses a 32 GB SDHC card. Another reason is because I really haven't been interested in any new 3DS titles after Smash 3DS yet, and the ones that I may have interests in are likely to be Circle Pad optional.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
PRESENTED

WITHOUT COMMENTARY

• Wario: All you can eat donuts, and they're all for me.
  • Rosalina: I'm fine with just one. Help yourself to the rest.
  • Wario: They're mine, and mine alone. No one takes "my" donuts!
  • Rosalina: I'm all done with my donut, so I'll be heading out now. Farewell.
  • Wario: What an odd girl...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom