• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Easy for you to say.
Sure is...:glare:

I just want to say that all users are entitled to their own opinion on how they feel about the voice acting portrayals that Rosalina is dealing with. Please try not to go overboard with the voice acting debates.
Yes, your Rosalina avatar is back!
Yeah, I kind of feel odd and tired about debating with her voice...
Let's move on from this, shall we? (Please?) Here's a little art I found on Miiverse.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHjByjHxAQ
Have you heard that back in Brawl, a guy used to claim that he saw Rosalina is an assist trophy in Brawl, turns out it was just Gardevoir.
I like Gallade the most.
Yeah, Rosalina does sound very peach like in this game, but as for the expression and the way she is acting, I think its fine.

People forget, Mario Party is a board game basically, I think its perfectly fine and normal for Rosalina to show some of less mature side considering she is playing a simple game with friends. Her lose animation even reminds me of a scene from her storybook

Her animations seem very neat.

And as for other games with Laura, although Highpitched in Mario Kart 8 at times, still sounds far more human then Peach does, something I like about her and something I found Kerri lacked.

I miss Mercedes though
I like the artwork of the storybook. Looks neat.
Geez, calm down. I can see why most people won't take you seriously to be honest and showing GameFaqs and what looks to be youtube comments are really stretching on the subject at hand. Especially when they are notorious for stupid talk and many other things. Saying she is starting to be space peach or be close to her is complete ignorance and for those that continue to say so are the severe, severe minority who really can't take that fact into account. The VA is doing fine and the character is still the same as she has been. Sure it sounds "different" from previous other times, but the VA is trying to get that party fun attitude going.

Also saying your proving someone wrong with GameFAQs or some youtube comments is why no one will take you seriously. Especially when some becomes stubborn to realize that. Plus saying most people don't like her voice when this is when you need to prove it, when clearly it's the other way around and people are mostly fine with it. Cause you know it's one spin-off and it's only one game that a severe minority of people seem to have a problem with.

I know there's people who have a slight problem with her in MP10 but it's a problem minor. You seem to be the only one going overboard.
Totally with you.

gameprodigy12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gameprodigy12
3DS FC
2423-2583-7165
Have you heard that back in Brawl, a guy used to claim that he saw Rosalina is an assist trophy in Brawl, turns out it was just Gardevoir.
I like Gallade the most.
Kinda funny though that there was coding found when Project M was in the process that Rosalina was suppose to be a assist trophy. The coding was in there but Sakurai couldn't put her in due to time constrains and trying to make Mewtwo, Roy and Pichu return for Brawl. Since their coding was found and two of them were modeled in Project M.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Sure is...:glare:
It's just my opinion, though. While I do like the fact that she's been popping up on the radar these days, I only like her better for who she really is.

I miss Mercedes though
That makes two of us. She's one of the main reasons why I love Rosalina as a character.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Kinda funny though that there was coding found when Project M was in the process that Rosalina was suppose to be a assist trophy. The coding was in there but Sakurai couldn't put her in due to time constrains and trying to make Mewtwo, Roy and Pichu return for Brawl. Since their coding was found and two of them were modeled in Project M.
Now that's a thing that I didn't know.
It's just my opinion, though. While I do like the fact that she's been popping up on the radar these days, I only like her better for who she really is.

That makes two of us. She's one of the main reasons why I love Rosalina as a character.
I think she is perfect already. But seriously, we all don't want that much changes on her for now, it just doesn't feel right.
She sounds more like a mother in SMG. Her second VA (On MK7, Mario Golf, and Smash Bros) is probably my most favorite one.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
While I'm not a fan of her voice direction and general vibes in MP10, she does have some really amusing/nice animations:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've mentioned this already, but if Rosalina was a Pokemon Trainer, I would portray her as a Fairy-type expert. As for her team...

Pokemon | Gender | Item | Ability | Move 1 | Move 2 | Move 3 | Move 4
| | Mental Herb | Sturdy | Moonblast | Stealth Rock | Trick Room | Reflect
| ♂ | Assault Vest | Intimidate | Play Rough | Earthquake | Fire Punch | Crunch
| ♀ | Muscle Band | Huge Power | Waterfall | Play Rough | Ice Punch | Aqua Jet
| ♀ | Quick Claw | Pixilate | Psyshock | Hyper Voice | Shadow Ball | Reflect
| ♀ | Expert Belt | Serene Grace | Air Slash | Dazzling Gleam | Flamethrower | Aura Sphere
| ♀ | Gardevoirite | Trace | Psyshock | Hyper Voice | Thunderbolt | Energy Ball

C3CC

Smash Lord
Hmmm... I think Rosalina would be more of a Psychic-type trainer, but yes, she would definitely have a Gardevoir in her team.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Well, looks like I have been right this whole time.

Although Kerri Kane is fine as Rosalina normally, she was screwed over by voice direction in Mario Party 10, as she was to a smaller degree in other games outside of Smash. I still prefer Laura either way though, since she sounds great even without the echo, and even in happier games, doesn't degenerate the character to Space Peach.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886

Well, looks like I have been right this whole time.

Although Kerri Kane is fine as Rosalina normally, she was screwed over by voice direction in Mario Party 10, as she was to a smaller degree in other games outside of Smash. I still prefer Laura either way though, since she sounds great even without the echo, and even in happier games, doesn't degenerate the character to Space Peach.
OBJECTION

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not gonna make anything of it until I see official word, but my point still stands either way - poor voice direction is the problem, not the choice in actresses.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I'm not gonna make anything of it until I see official word, but my point still stands either way - poor voice direction is the problem, not the choice in actresses.
Yeah , voice wise is still neutral , good , and full of energy.

Then again , Kerri was kind enough to reply , I knew it was not her , She knows that's not her voice .

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not saying I like the voice (or Rosalina's portrayal in general) in MP10 - just that, as I have been saying since Summer, poor voice direction is the problem in the voice department. All three of Rosalina's actresses, are good actresses, and can do the character justice - but, because of poor voice direction, they get screwed out of putting out a good or fitting performance.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I'm not saying I like the voice (or Rosalina's portrayal in general) in MP10 - just that, as I have been saying since Summer, poor voice direction is the problem in the voice department. All three of Rosalina's actresses, are good actresses, and can do the character justice - but, because of poor voice direction, they get screwed out of putting out a good or fitting performance.
I know , and i agree with that , Nintendo maybe just wants Rosalina's character to take another direction aside from being Adult-like or Leader - like , maybe her being more lively or sound younger or even full of energy like in recent installments shows another side of her that wasn't explored before , who knows? I'm glad that she is Playable , that was my reason to give This Mario Party game a shot.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Being energetic is not the problem (I was fine with it in 3D World and MK8). It just isn't done well in MP10. She doesn't sound energetic - she sounds moe. And that's the last thing I want Rosalina to be.

For games like this, Rosalina doesn't even have to have the echo. It'd be nice if they kept it, but I don't mind if they don't. But, she should sound cool. Relaxed and calm. Even official bios state that she "sounds monotone even when excited", which is definitely not how she sounds here.

And I don't find "it's Mario Party/a spin off" an acceptable excuse. I grew up with the Sonic franchise, which has had plenty of spin-offs, but character portrayals have never been neutered for the sole purpose of a spin-off in that series. Characters still feel like how they are in the main games. And Mario spin-offs should be no different (especially since the Mario & Sonic Olympics games get the characterisations for characters on both sides perfectly fine).

It doesn't help that we still have absolutely no clue how Nintendo intends to implement Rosalina into future titles. If I had more certainty on that, I'd probably be more at ease. I just don't want one of my favourite characters in general, and one of the few things keeping me invested in the Mario franchise, to get ruined or neutered. This is why I want her to break off into her own series altogether, like Wario and Yoshi - Wario and Yoshi are simple characters, so they work in the Mario franchise without much hassle. Rosalina, however, debuted with much more complexity, meaning, and depth, to the point where people often say she feels more like a modern Zelda character like Midna, than she does a Mario character. I just don't want a simplistic future for Rosalina just because the Mario franchise wants a simplistic future. It can easily be avoided, and I would be able to take things like the MP10 portrayal of her with a grain of salt if she had her own series, or we knew she was going to go back to her more complex, god-like portrayal from Galaxy (that we also get in Smash and Mario Golf, to a lesser extent).

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I don't really remember any Bio saying that she "sounds monotone even when excited" , i believe that's just part of the Wiki in the Personality section for her , but if you know what Bio was you can correct me.

Anyway , for the rest , I think that the biggest issue is that it's been a long time since she has a Serious role like in her Debut. 3D world was really mild and innocent compared to Galaxy Games for example , and even so Rosalina kinda holded back when it comes to her voice , She was excited but not over doing it. In Mario Kart 8 , i pass. She is on/off , sometimes she goes ''Wooo'' and sometimes she just says ''Yes'' very gently , it's like a mix.

In this Game she is Cuter than ever before , her voice doesn't really sound excited , rather , it sounds really Cute. But it's a party game , a game that most Kids would play so i may go with that argument when it comes to her voice in Mario Party 10.

If Rosalina ever has a Role in a game like Mario Galaxy again, like Being a Guide or even being playable , she would most likely sound older like in the past so it can fit in the game.

In the end , i think it depends on the game. Let's no forget that Mario has considerably been more Child-Friendly recently in his games , SM3Dworld is Mario's Main Platformer in the Wii U while in the Past it was Mario Galaxy in the Wii , which was considerably less kiddy when compared to 3D world and the cat suits and such.

i remember the N64 Having ''darker titles'' as well , even the GCN had those titles that were Mario but no that Child-Friendly like 3DWorld or NSMB Wii U.

Even Brawl is ''Darker'' than Smash 4.

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Wow, Rosalina is pretty tall in MP10, and I've always liked tall gals! ;) It also looks like we have all four together as well (Peach, Daisy, Rosalina, and Toadette). So now, how are we gonna go about Pauline?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Pauline was playable at some point?

I'm indifferent to Pauline anyway, though. Pretty much any Mario female that isn't Rosalina I am completely indifferent to or dislike (except for one or two nice portrayals of Peach, whom I otherwise dislike). This is not counting RPG characters though.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I've mentioned this already, but if Rosalina was a Pokemon Trainer, I would portray her as a Fairy-type expert. As for her team...

Pokemon | Gender | Item | Ability | Move 1 | Move 2 | Move 3 | Move 4
| | Mental Herb | Sturdy | Moonblast | Stealth Rock | Trick Room | Reflect
| ♂ | Assault Vest | Intimidate | Play Rough | Earthquake | Fire Punch | Crunch
| ♀ | Muscle Band | Huge Power | Waterfall | Play Rough | Ice Punch | Aqua Jet
| ♀ | Quick Claw | Pixilate | Psyshock | Hyper Voice | Shadow Ball | Reflect
| ♀ | Expert Belt | Serene Grace | Air Slash | Dazzling Gleam | Flamethrower | Aura Sphere
| ♀ | Gardevoirite | Trace | Psyshock | Hyper Voice | Thunderbolt | Energy Ball
Ya know, I actually name my Azumarill "Rosalina" LOL.
OBJECTION SNIPITY SNAPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So it was Kerri Kane after all... I'm fine with that, like I said, I like Kerri Kane's voice as Rosalina the most. This also makes her second Wii U game as Rosalina. Her VA roles are getting a bit unpredictable these days...

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I've been going crazy over Rosalina popping up in more games these days that I forgot who Pauline was. lol

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Ya know, I actually name my Azumarill "Rosalina" LOL.

So it was Kerri Kane after all... I'm fine with that, like I said, I like Kerri Kane's voice as Rosalina the most. This also makes her second Wii U game as Rosalina. Her VA roles are getting a bit unpredictable these days...
It's actually Laura Faye. Read the email , Kerri says that the voice in MP10 for Rosalina is not hers and that the credits are Wrong.

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Pauline was playable at some point?

I'm indifferent to Pauline anyway, though. Pretty much any Mario female that isn't Rosalina I am completely indifferent to or dislike (except for one or two nice portrayals of Peach, whom I otherwise dislike). This is not counting RPG characters though.
No, Pauline was never playable in any Mario Party. She was only in the Mario vs Donkey Kong spinoff series, and that's it, besides being Mario's very first damsel in distress during the arcade times.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't mean Mario Party. I mean, like, at all. As far as I know, she's never been playable. She has minis in Mario VS DK games, but she herself has never been playable.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Not to mention The Mario vs DK aren't exactly part of the most popular games in the Mario series ... Pauline's fate is really sad indeed , is like she never gets out of those these days

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That's because Peach took Mario away from her and left her in the dust. Now that is really sad.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
In the end, I'm going to personally remain optimistic until I see her in the next main Mario game. Even then I do find her at least ok at the moment.

Speaking of next main series Mario game, how should they handle her? Should she be a secret character again? Playable upfront? Or maybe in a Mario only game, how important should she be since it might not be a galaxy focus game?

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
In the end, I'm going to personally remain optimistic until I see her in the next main Mario game. Even then I do find her at least ok at the moment.

Speaking of next main series Mario game, how should they handle her? Should she be a secret character again? Playable upfront? Or maybe in a Mario only game, how important should she be since it might not be a galaxy focus game?

Maybe she would end up Appearing in a Secret Level like 3D World is the next Main Platformer is not Galaxy themed.

They really did it great in 3d World , because nobody in the first playthrought would expect to be able to go to a Space-themed level , and as soon as the lumas started appearing it was a tease , and then Puff! Rosalina appears at the end of the stage.

Something like That , whether playable or not , it matters not. Since i believe her Role and what she does is more important

C3CC

Smash Lord
I think she should get her own game already. It's about time. I can totally see her become the next Yoshi or Wario. I wonder, though, what genre would it be? Something about her just screams RPG, but I'm not so sure about it...

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I think she should get her own game already. It's about time. I can totally see her become the next Yoshi or Wario. I wonder, though, what genre would it be? Something about her just screams RPG, but I'm not so sure about it...
Amm... i don't really agree with this...

It took Luigi and Peach Ages to get their own games , Why would Rosalina get a game at this point with really limited appearences? I don't know about the future of course , but Right now? Reeaaaaally unlikely.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's actually Laura Faye. Read the email , Kerri says that the voice in MP10 for Rosalina is not hers and that the credits are Wrong.
It's just email by her, credits are from official Nintendo (And I believe that not only you, a lot of people send emails to her), but yeah sometimes credits can be wrong, but let's just wait and see.

I'll glad she is playable in any Mario games.
I was very happy when she was announce in MP10, and a bit side note, I was also a bit relief that Bowser jr isn't playable, he still got some important role in MP10, I'm OK with that, as long as he isn't playable along side with Rosalina, I don't like this to happen for my own personal reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom