• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Could it be because she (Rosie) has character features that sets her apart from any other Mario character? Like, having an actual past storyline? Maybe it's because Rosie has been given the 'royal' treatment whereas any other Mario character has been treated like any ordinary 'generic', 'cookie cutter' character, which happens to be someone's favorite character, and they just wanted to resent Rosalina because of it. I don't know...I could be wrong.
Meh, I wouldn't be surprised if people doesn't like her over something that made her such an amazing character. Now when I think about it, Rosalina is one of those characters who would fit in perfectly well in games like Zelda, Metroid or even Fire Emblem.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
A certain guy just disliked her as many times as he bought her amiibo. :4iggy:
mariotehplumber you mentioning? Don't care about that guy, he's really an helpless pity man, his fake personas and his new review videos are all suck.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That's because he's been blowing c***k these days, that's why.
Yeah, he's helpless. Can't believe there are some people support him.And I really don't hope his plot will work.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well I haven't seen ANY new Rosalina amiibos since 2/1, so that does make you wonder...
Well, I think it might be easier to buy Rosalina amiibos from Japan in my country. But still, I don't have money...
I don't think he is the major reason why Rosalina amiibo got rare, I bet there are scalpers that are more mature than him to just sell those amiibos rather than showing it off "to get attention".
And for a more further update about mariotehplumber, yeah, he's really really really getting cocky on amiibos, he's gonna scalp Lucina, Robin, and bizzarely, Ness...
And from now on, I finally got a college, so this means I can spend more time on Smashboards and other Internet social media than usual!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Cat Rosalina figure too lewd....

...No but really, a Cat Rosalina figure actually exists it seems. It was part of a series of "Choco Egg" figures in Japan (they're like Kinder Eggs - a little chocolate egg with a capsule inside, containing a figure), but Cat Rosalina is the the rare "secret" figure (since Rosalina is a secret character in 3D World, they didn't advertise her presence in the set, merely said there was a secret figure). For some reason, I can't seem to find any clear images of her. I thought I saw one earlier on 4chan but I can't find it. This promo image from some Japanese site is all I can find.

I really wish Nintendo would make a Cat Rosalina Amiibo or something. I love Cat Rosalina so much, she's so underrated.... ;____;

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Yeah, cat Rosalina would be awesome. That black fur is so awesome and is amazing consider I have a cat with her exact color scheme. But yeah, that is weird there is no clear image of it.

Well I haven't seen ANY new Rosalina amiibos since 2/1, so that does make you wonder...
Yeah, I'm stuck in amiibo limbo with ninningames because no new Rosalina amiibos might be made.

Might try to find my way to just cancel the entire thing. I may have to give up Shulk, but cancelling the order does give me enough money to just buy a Rosalina amiibo from a scapular.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm glad I already have a Rosalina amiibo, I don't think its that rare in Australia considering she's in the top 10 most popular amiibos, but everything game related does cost more here (I think amiibo's might be $17 at normal price)

Also Rosalina does get a lot of flack from Smash fans for a lot of reasons (most of which I disagree with)

1. Hasn't been in enough games, at the time of announcement, Rosalina had only been in I think 7 games, one of which was a very minor cameo and the other an obscure arcade game where she was only included after an update
2. Not Jr, Toad, Waluigi or Daisy. None of these characters left as much of an impact as Rosalina but I can understand why they would be upset as they have been around much longer, and in the case of the first two, a more consistant prominence in the main series
3. Rosalina while overall more popular than Jr, I'm pretty sure jr was actually more requested
4. Too many Mario characters, people think this, but I think Dr Mario is only bad one considering Pokemon is about to have the same amount and people don't seem to complain
5. MUH RELAVANCY. I've seen people say Rosalina has only had one non cameo appearance because they completely ignore spin-offs and consider anything post final boss as a cameo....
6. Obvioasly the amout of people calling her Op, I completely disagree with this after the update, Luma is so easy ko when every legal stage has to have no walkoffs.
7. Too soon, This is when people don't mind Rosalina being playable, but think it would have been better off in the next game, I can understand this considering Smash bros was the only second game we knew she would be in after the supposed Rosalina Uprising the began with 3D World
8. Too similar to peach, this one is false but still pops up a lot

Thats all I can think of for why people dislike Rosalina, obviosly I disagree with them all, but I can still understand some of them.

Another thing I want to point out in this post

@ mario123007 mario123007

I recommend trying to tone down your hate for Jr, I noticed a while back you got up sonicbrawler for showing some dislike for Peach because swiftie_mugggle likes her, but you are showing far more hate for Jr then sonicbrawler for peach. I'm not a big fan of the charcter but I know Mario & Sonic Guy is, he is even the owner of the Bowser Jr for smash thread.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I recommend trying to tone down your hate for Jr, I noticed a while back you got up sonicbrawler for showing some dislike for Peach because swiftie_mugggle likes her, but you are showing far more hate for Jr then sonicbrawler for peach. I'm not a big fan of the charcter but I know Mario & Sonic Guy is, he is even the owner of the Bowser Jr for smash thread.
I hardly visit the Bowser Jr. sub-forum, and to be fair, the Bowser Jr. support thread that I made was during the speculation period.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I'm glad I already have a Rosalina amiibo, I don't think its that rare in Australia considering she's in the top 10 most popular amiibos, but everything game related does cost more here (I think amiibo's might be $17 at normal price)

Also Rosalina does get a lot of flack from Smash fans for a lot of reasons (most of which I disagree with)

1. Hasn't been in enough games, at the time of announcement, Rosalina had only been in I think 7 games, one of which was a very minor cameo and the other an obscure arcade game where she was only included after an update
2. Not Jr, Toad, Waluigi or Daisy. None of these characters left as much of an impact as Rosalina but I can understand why they would be upset as they have been around much longer, and in the case of the first two, a more consistant prominence in the main series
3. Rosalina while overall more popular than Jr, I'm pretty sure jr was actually more requested
4. Too many Mario characters, people think this, but I think Dr Mario is only bad one considering Pokemon is about to have the same amount and people don't seem to complain
5. MUH RELAVANCY. I've seen people say Rosalina has only had one non cameo appearance because they completely ignore spin-offs and consider anything post final boss as a cameo....
6. Obvioasly the amout of people calling her Op, I completely disagree with this after the update, Luma is so easy ko when every legal stage has to have no walkoffs.
7. Too soon, This is when people don't mind Rosalina being playable, but think it would have been better off in the next game, I can understand this considering Smash bros was the only second game we knew she would be in after the supposed Rosalina Uprising the began with 3D World
8. Too similar to peach, this one is false but still pops up a lot

Thats all I can think of for why people dislike Rosalina, obviosly I disagree with them all, but I can still understand some of them.

Another thing I want to point out in this post

Umm Really interesting. I believe that these are really the most common complaints about Rosalina that others have ; Then again much like you , i don't agree with many of them for a lot of reasons.

1. HONESTLY i don't agree with this. I like Rosalina but even if i didn't blame her for Waluigi's absence in MK7 , something in inside me felt that it was weird she was In and Waluigi wasn't , but in a positive way ... like in my opinion Rosalina's true ''Uprising'' started in Mario Kart 7 , after they even bothered into giving her a New voice instead of REUSING it like the rest of the Mario Kart Wii Returning cast. But i can see why many others believe that she was still too minor or something along those lines, At least for Smash.

2. Mixed.Particulary because of Waluigi and Daisy , as they were not really requested , and while it's true they have been around for much longer than Rosalina they still weren't requested. Toad is popular , that's true , but in the end his chances were unlikely compared to Bowser Jr , who BARELY made the into the game.

I agree

4. This point is ridiculous when Pokemon still features as much content as the Mario series does , and also because Logically Nintendo's Beloved franchise would end up being more favored ... i honestly don't get how people are surprised Mario gets more attention like ... let's say Metroid for example.

5. I kinda agree. If anything , Rosalina's absence hurts a bit the Mario Galaxy envoirment ... but not the story , because Rosalina kinda did her own thing in the 1st game and her side of the story wasn't tied with Mario's main objetive. Mario Galaxy 2 proves that the show can go on without Rosalina , as she appears just at the very end and does almost nothing.

6. Agree.

7. Appearence wise ? Maybe. -- Voice wise? No. -- Gameplay wise? Hell no.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Nintendo has been sending out a press release in celebration of Women's History Month, celebrating the strong female Nintendo protagonists. Rosalina, Bombette, and Toadette are the featured Mario characters.

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-celebrates-womens-history-month/

THE SALT FROM DIE HARD PEACH/DAISY FANS WILL BE SO REAL
Her descriptions is kind of off. I wouldn't really call her the protector of the Lumas. Caretaker sure, but protector?

Anyway, I am certainly happy about this.

Bombette is slightly random, even if she is my favorite 64 partner.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Maybe it was for the better, unfortunately. I know there's mixed opinions on Peach if she can really stand up for herself since Bowser tends to kidnap her (or she gets kidnapped in general). As for Daisy, there's not much to say. She's mainly in spin-off games and in none of the main Super Mario series, except for Super Mario Land.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Her descriptions is kind of off. I wouldn't really call her the protector of the Lumas. Caretaker sure, but protector?
In a way, Rosalina does treat the Lumas like her children. As such, she'll protect the Lumas so that they'll grow to a point where they're mature enough to fend for themselves.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Maybe it was for the better, unfortunately. I know there's mixed opinions on Peach if she can really stand up for herself since Bowser tends to kidnap her (or she gets kidnapped in general). As for Daisy, there's not much to say. She's mainly in spin-off games and in none of the main Super Mario series, except for Super Mario Land.
Yeah, even though we have seen Peach be amazing in a few games, Rosalina was made to be a strong women. She does deserve it more in this case.

Also, I do love the small touch of mentioning she is the mother of the Lumas. Always a cute little detail to be reminded of. :happysheep:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Bayonetta .... seriously?

Samus deserves all the love in the world and is the Best of the best when it comes to Women representation in video games , except for the other M , But Bayonetta??? Omg...

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
bombette? And didn't Toadetee get kidnapped in Captain Toad? And Bayonetta isn't even a Nintendo character? bombette?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Nintendo has been sending out a press release in celebration of Women's History Month, celebrating the strong female Nintendo protagonists. Rosalina, Bombette, and Toadette are the featured Mario characters.

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-celebrates-womens-history-month/

I don't get why Bombette is in there. And I don't have any problem with Bayonetta in there even though she's not Nintendo.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Anyway, I am certainly happy about this.

Bombette is slightly random, even if she is my favorite 64 partner.
She's the protector/guardian/mother/god of the universe, so she is "Protector of the Lumas" by extension.

Actually, the issue is less that she can't stand up for herself, as she can.

It's more that even when she is allowed to do that, her portrayal isn't progressive at all. I mean, in Super Princess Peach, her super power is literally to be so over the top emotional that her tears interact with the environment, or her fiery rage sets bridges on fire, etc. Then you have Smash, where she attacks with her butt, ***** slaps people, attacks with frying pans, etc. All things stereotypical to a woman, in a negative way. And then you have Super Paper Mario, where, despite being a valuable party member, there is an entire chapter dedicated to Peach being kidnapped by a pervy otaku who forces her to be the woman in a virtual dating sim.

I don't hate Peach myself, and I actually somewhat like certain portrayals of her. But I think she is objectively a much worse character than any other character on this list, and she is not progressive at all on most occasions.

Also Super Mario Land is a spin-off.

bombette? And didn't Toadetee get kidnapped in Captain Toad? And Bayonetta isn't even a Nintendo character? bombette?
Toadette does get kidnapped in Treasure Tracker, but after that, so does Captain Toad, and Toadette rescues him (you play as Toadette for like, half the game).
Since the Toad race in general are supposed to be completely lacking in terms of physical abilities and magic/super powers, Toadette stepping up to rescue Captain Toad in spite of the huge disadvantage she is at makes her very respectable and demonstrates her strong loyalty to those she cares about. Captain Toad and Toadette aren't romantic partners either, so she has no complex obligation or ulterior drive - she just wants to help her friend in need.

Also, since the Toad race is sex-less (this was confirmed in an interview about Captain Toad), Toadette is really progressive because she is a character who identifies as a woman by CHOICE, not because she feels like she has to be one due to what she was born as.

Bayonetta may be a risqué character, but it's done in a way that empowers her, makes her independent. She literally lets her enemies see her near fully nude before absolutely annihilating them. If you know her backstory, this is extremely empowering for her. Also, in Bayonetta 2, she literally goes to hell and back to save her (female) best friend. Like, that's her central motive. There's more to her than just these things, but she is extremely respectable. Sexuality and nudity are not inherently bad things, they are only a problem if the character is based around that in a way that means they only cater to thirsty men/women. Bayonetta satisfies a man's sexual desires, but in a way that they can still respect her as an engaging, powerful character (this is exactly what Rosalina is for me), while also being empowering to women. What woman wouldn't enjoy thrashing their enemies, with the enemy's final site being the woman's nude, beautiful body, as if to say "look at what you miss out on for getting in my way"?

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Toadette does get kidnapped in Treasure Tracker, but after that, so does Captain Toad, and Toadette rescues him (you play as Toadette for like, half the game).
Since the Toad race in general are supposed to be completely lacking in terms of physical abilities and magic/super powers, Toadette stepping up to rescue Captain Toad in spite of the huge disadvantage she is at makes her very respectable and demonstrates her strong loyalty to those she cares about. Captain Toad and Toadette aren't romantic partners either, so she has no complex obligation or ulterior drive - she just wants to help her friend in need.

Also, since the Toad race is sex-less (this was confirmed in an interview about Captain Toad), Toadette is really progressive because she is a character who identifies as a woman by CHOICE, not because she feels like she has to be one due to what she was born as.

Bayonetta may be a risqué character, but it's done in a way that empowers her, makes her independent. She literally lets her enemies see her near fully nude before absolutely annihilating them. If you know her backstory, this is extremely empowering for her. Also, in Bayonetta 2, she literally goes to hell and back to save her (female) best friend. Like, that's her central motive. There's more to her than just these things, but she is extremely respectable. Sexuality and nudity are not inherently bad things, they are only a problem if the character is based around that in a way that means they only cater to thirsty men/women. Bayonetta satisfies a man's sexual desires, but in a way that they can still respect her as an engaging, powerful character (this is exactly what Rosalina is for me), while also being empowering to women. What woman wouldn't enjoy thrashing their enemies, with the enemy's final site being the woman's nude, beautiful body, as if to say "look at what you miss out on for getting in my way"?
Thanks for clarifying that regarding Toadette, but you really didn't need to explain Bayonetta, my problem is that she isn't a Nintendo character.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Thanks for clarifying that regarding Toadette, but you really didn't need to explain Bayonetta, my problem is that she isn't a Nintendo character.
Bayonetta 2 was published by Nintendo, and would not exist without Nintendo's funding. Nintendo even partnered up with Playboy to promote the game.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Bayonetta 2 was published by Nintendo, and would not exist without Nintendo's funding. Nintendo even partnered up with Playboy to promote the game.
She still isn't a Nintendo character, the same way that Sonic, Geno and Rayman are not Nintendo characters.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I'd rather have Cat Rosalina in Mario Kart 8 than Cat Peach ... God what a waste , at least Rosalina has a nice BLACK suit and wouldn't be yet another Peach incarnation in the game.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
The problem with Cat Rosalina is that normal Rosalina is so much better, spin attack for the win.

and uh..... look at (must resist), wood (RESIST) MArio and Luigi (Stop!) ha.v....e
(*breaks down and cries*)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I know... I know, whenever I put up my viewpoint about Bowser Jr, I am always a bit worried that some of you guys might mock me or something. I will never be so radical whenever I mention I dislike a character since I known mariotehplumber. His action gives me a lesson that even though you dislike a certain character, especially a video game character. You have to RESPECT. So I think it's fine to give your thoughts about a certain character, cuz this is a general forum afterall. And hey, I have never go to Bowser jr forum anyway.I will try for not keep tone up my opinions about Bowser jr. it's just recently a survey say rosalina is one of the most dislike characters in Smash bros and then Mario and Sonic Guy mentioned Bowser jr has more likes than Rosalina... that gives me a chance as a reason why I dislike Bowser jr, but if i made any of his fans angry then I apologized, but still this is my own opinion and everyone does! Just don't be so offended to it's fans.
Uh, I don't know when, but I think I got up with sonicbrawler182 just because he has some opinions about Peach's MP10 artwork, I actually like Peach's recent look. @ Tino Tino dislike Peach too. But I respect his opinions.
Nah, Mario and Sonic guy wasn't really a BIG fan of Bowser jr, he was just like everyone thinking that Bowser jr has more chance to be in Smash, but hopes Rosalina in Smash in his own wishlist.
I hardly visit the Bowser Jr. sub-forum, and to be fair, the Bowser Jr. support thread that I made was during the speculation period.
You mean when the Smash4 roster was still a thing worth to discuss right?
After Rosalina's reveal, I always think that Bowser Jr will not and shouldn't be in Smash, I know he was the most wanted, but two new Mario characters was just too much to think about it at that time.
Cat Rosalina all the way!

But normal Rosalina is way better.
Cat Rosalina= Cute
Rosalina=Pretty
Do you guys think Rosalina will get her Super Mario version of amiibo? Mario Party 10 seems to indicate that.
Of course they will, you see her amiibo in MP10 right?

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You mean when the Smash4 roster was still a thing worth to discuss right?
After Rosalina's reveal, I always think that Bowser Jr will not and shouldn't be in Smash, I know he was the most wanted, but two new Mario characters was just too much to think about it at that time.
The Mario franchise is Nintendo's biggest franchise, so that's to be expected. Of course, I still find it awkward that Dr. Mario came back, as I would've thought that there would be no clone characters. But as usual, Ganondorf was stuck as being "Falcondorf" again.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886

This gave me second thoughts about Rosalina's voice in Mario Party 10. It's interesting how her voice actress sounds just Right WHEN SHE ISN'T TRYING. I mean really , is perfect , when she doesn't want to go ''Happy'' and just voices her normally , is just right. This is Rosalina to me. In fact sometimes i think that the SFX in the game is what ruins her voice , because you cannot hear it clearly sometimes.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did get to try out the Mario Party 10 demo at my local GameStop, so I was able to see Rosalina's 1st place animation. Sadly, for those who want to buy Mario Party 10, you're literally stuck with playing Bowser Party if you only own the Wii U GamePad; you need to have Wii Remotes in order to play the other game modes.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Do we know that for sure though?

I mean, Diddy Kong wasn't originally a Nintendo character.

EDIT:
I FOUND IT
Oh hey they have sprixes too! I would love to have some of those!

This gave me second thoughts about Rosalina's voice in Mario Party 10. It's interesting how her voice actress sounds just Right WHEN SHE ISN'T TRYING. I mean really , is perfect , when she doesn't want to go ''Happy'' and just voices her normally , is just right. This is Rosalina to me. In fact sometimes i think that the SFX in the game is what ruins her voice , because you cannot hear it clearly sometimes.
Yeah, her voice does sound pretty good now.

Also, I love her poses! Very interesting use of her ability to float.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom