• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Ahaha! Rosalina is anything but OP. She's good in the right hands, but definitely not OP, especially with Diddy running amok, and Shiek being a pretty hard counter to Rosalina.

People can dislike Rosalina all they want, but the fact remains that she's a character in the game, whether people like it or not. As far as making fans depressed: Please, I practically relish in their salt; their hate instills nothing in the way of depression in me.
Dabuz doesn't make the sheik mu look like a hard counter.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
She wasn't mentioning Danbuz, I think, and speaking of my post about Danbuz say Rosalina is not OP , it's Pikachu. You guys response was Rosalina is shouldn't be that low tier. But when it comes to Rosalina OP complainers on the other hand, response is that Diddy Kong is the one who should blame at.
I think what you guys real opinion is that Rosalina should be on the top tier, but also not that lower tier (Ranked 10 or below), right? We don't like her being too strong that made entire Internet boo of her nor too weak that just underestimate Rosalina.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If you're sensitive to gory images, don't open this spoiler. But the guy making zombie Amiibo mods finished up Zombie Rosalina & Luma, and it looks amazing.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah, and also Villager, but if you had saw the Gematsu leak (Which wasn't that well known when it was first leak out.), you won't be surprise to the character that much. I dare say Rosalina is still the most unexpected newcomer to be revealed. No leak screenshots,rumors from unknown person, only a few fans surpport. Rosalina in Smash is one of the biggest bomb to Smash community, and this could be the rrason why there are ssome people don't like her. And more emerge for criticizing her being OP. Or just personal reasons, we can just do our own thing and beware of these people, hope they don't mock us and we also don't mock them. Because she is already in Smash Bros, what can you do? You still have to respect others, don't be a cybermob.
I felt that Greninja was one of the oddest inclusions into Smash 4; I never expected it at all. But I guess the reasoning for its inclusion, and Charizard's return, may come from the fact that Froakie and Charmander have been common starter picks in Pokemon X/Y, and in the TV series, Ash owns a Froakie of his own.

Of course, while Charizard did return, it's a huge sin knowing that Mega Charizard Y never got any cameos at all. It was revealed "before" Mega Charizard X.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Wait a while. Eventually, when the metagame is developed enough, Shiek players will know the MU well enough to know what to do. I'm not saying it's as bad for Rosalina as R.O.B.'s MU to Meta Knight in Brawl, but it's still pretty bad on the whole.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Sheik/Rosalina MU is literally one of the most perfectly even match ups you can get outside of a ditto.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Yeah, and also Villager, but if you had saw the Gematsu leak (Which wasn't that well known when it was first leak out.), you won't be surprise to the character that much. I dare say Rosalina is still the most unexpected newcomer to be revealed
Wii Fit Trainer, though...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Maybe you know something I don't then? From what I've seen and experienced, Rosalina struggles against pure rushdown characters.
Rosalina struggles against pure rush down characters if you have a simplified play style (i.e. overly defensive or overly offensive).

Rosalina actually does fine against most rush down characters. The Captain Falcon MU is actually very much in her favour. You just have to keep in mind that they are faster than you all round.

Last edited:

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
Personally, I love that people think Rosalina is overpowered, hahaha.
I used to think it was pretty amusing- but now I'm just tired of seeing/hearing about it. Especially when I constantly have to hear about how Broken/Annoying/Cheap she is from people I regularly play against. :rolleyes:

Enoki

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Enokikone
I used to think it was pretty amusing- but now I'm just tired of seeing/hearing about it. Especially when I constantly have to hear about how Broken/Annoying/Cheap she is from people I regularly play against. :rolleyes:
I think it's amusing how so many people perceive her as an easy-to-use god character, yet she seems rather underrepresented in major tournaments. Dabuz was the only successful Rosaluma at Apex after all.

(First post whoo. I've been silently stalking smashboards for five years and just now made an account.:awesome:)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If you're sensitive to gory images, don't open this spoiler. But the guy making zombie Amiibo mods finished up Zombie Rosalina & Luma, and it looks amazing.

Thaaaaat's SCARY!

Wii Fit Trainer, though...
She was in the Gematsu too. I remember I saw a video when Sakurai revealed Wii Fit trainer, most of them were surprised, but one guy shouted: "Yeah! Finally!" when Wii Fit trainer was first reveal at the first moment. Maybe he is did saw the leak before?
Nah, I ain't gonna be that person. Using the word "hate" on a video game character ain't part of my lifestyle, yo.
Yeah, maybe your right, but honestly after I recently saw some polls and revealed that Bowser Jr was one of the top favs of Smash4 newcomer, or saw my favorite character got beaten by Bowser Jr, my "dislike" will suddenly turned to "hate".
I think it's amusing how so many people perceive her as an easy-to-use god character, yet she seems rather underrepresented in major tournaments. Dabuz was the only successful Rosaluma at Apex after all.

(First post whoo. I've been silently stalking smashboards for five years and just now made an account.:awesome:)
Welcome to Rosalina social thread! You can chat here all you want about Rosalina. Have fun!
The Sheik/Rosalina MU is literally one of the most perfectly even match ups you can get outside of a ditto.
Somewhat I still think that Shiek still has advantages over Rosalina since I watch a lot of videos of their MUs, it's still a MU that can debate.
Rosalina struggles against pure rush down characters if you have a simplified play style (i.e. overly defensive or overly offensive).

Rosalina actually does fine against most rush down characters. The Captain Falcon MU is actually very much in her favour. You just have to keep in mind that they are faster than you all round.
You can say Rosalina probably is one of the top tier characters that's not a fast character(Yoshi, Sonic,Diddy,ZSS,Shiek), just my guess.
Personally, I love that people think Rosalina is overpowered, hahaha.
Me too... but still love seeing her win a lot of competitive matches.
They are just using that reason to critcize Rosalina, but Diddy, I'm not sure to say everyone likes him, but not much meme or groups that are unhappy about him being powerful. So they are just talking nonsense. If you really met this kind of person. He/She just say that mostly for personal dislike reasons.

Ladyspiker

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-6235-1432-1920
Accusing a character of being overpowered is the default excuse someone goes to when they're trying to look for a reason that they're lost a match. And while sometime it's true, more often it's not.

Welcome! What a cute little avatar too! (And right in time for Valentine's Day lol)

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Accusing a character of being overpowered is the default excuse someone goes to when they're trying to look for a reason that they're lost a match. And while sometime it's true, more often it's not.

Welcome! What a cute little avatar too! (And right in time for Valentine's Day lol)
That's right, but it will caused a huge phenomenon has when it comes to a lot of players won a lot with that character, like Meta Knight back in Brawl, but Rosalina I don't see any reasons of her being that OP. She's not a character that you can still win easily even if you don't use her well.
Or they just really don't like that character whenever he/she wins. Sometimes it does happen too.

Edit: Whoo!!!!!! Yeah! I got the Smash Bros puzzle swap on my 3DS! And hope you Rosalina fans can get the New 3DS XL soon!

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The Rosalina Amiibo Board for Mario Party 10 was confirmed!! Looks great!!!
Alright!
And recently I watch mariotehplumber's rail video about Rosalina out of curiosity, MAN I can't stand of watching that video listening to his nonsense over 4 minutes, I should have mocked him when he appeared in this thread (But I was hardworking for exam at that time). And he sort of sound similar to Drake from the Game Theory for some reason... Hope he can continue to get mocked by the public and Rosalina fans for the rest of his life. Stupidity of him, I could buy 100 Bowser Jr amiibos too. What a freak.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's the only one so far that looks worth it. The rest of them are all way too plain.
It makes us more sure that they will release Rosalina Super Mario version amiibo.

And sorry for mentioning mariotehplumber again @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy , but really after I recently watch and read his stuff, I still think he is the most weirdest amiibo collector ever known. I really wonder what is his opinions on Bowser Jr, if he like Bowser Jr and thinks that he deserves to be in Smash than Rosalina. Then I will hate him to death. He hates Rosalina and doesn't want us to mention him, he just try to run away all these stuff,and still wants to get rid of the Rosalina mockery incident. He really should think twice before he does anything on the web.
So guys I want to ask, what are characters that you don't like in the recent Smash Bros roster? No, it's not a character that annoys you in Smash (There's already a thread for that:http://smashboards.com/threads/what-character-annoys-you-the-most-on-fg.390335/), so are there any characters that you really personally dislike? Name up one but try to give us a obvious reason and don't mock that character.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
It's the only one so far that looks worth it. The rest of them are all way too plain.
In terms of visual design, it's a lot better than the others. Also, when it comes to how much detail and objects are in the board, I'd say it's on par with Yoshi's board (which is one of the best in detail). Rosalina's board and Yoshi's board are probably the best so far.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
And sorry for mentioning mariotehplumber again @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy , but really after I recently watch and read his stuff, I still think he is the most weirdest amiibo collector ever known. I really wonder what is his opinions on Bowser Jr, if he like Bowser Jr and thinks that he deserves to be in Smash than Rosalina. Then I will hate him to death. He hates Rosalina and doesn't want us to mention him, he just try to run away all these stuff,and still wants to get rid of the Rosalina mockery incident. He really should think twice before he does anything on the web.
So guys I want to ask, what are characters that you don't like in the recent Smash Bros roster? No, it's not a character that annoys you in Smash (There's already a thread for that:http://smashboards.com/threads/what-character-annoys-you-the-most-on-fg.390335/), so are there any characters that you really personally dislike? Name up one but try to give us a obvious reason and don't mock that character.
At least we don't have to worry about him for quite a while.

Anyway, as for your other question, I guess my biggest dislike is Wii Fit Trainer, since her/his moveset is quite unorthodox, and not in a good way. I tend to avoid using Wii Fit Trainer, unless I'm required to use her/him.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Here's where you can compare the Mario Party Amiibo Boards and all the screenshots from the Mario Party 10 Japanese website:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=991334

Here's a video from the website. Sorry for the terrible quality, but it was scaled up from a small video.

Rosalina is playable from the start.

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
The funny part is that Toadette is confirmed to be playable, and even Spike will be playable, thanks to its artwork, and because of the image below.

Toadette apparently counts as a new character, despite Mario Party 6.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The funny part is that Toadette is confirmed to be playable, and even Spike will be playable, thanks to its artwork, and because of the image below.

Yeah... Bowser Jr. won't be playable. He may be playable in MP Island Tour, but I never hope they both will be playable. Glad he's not playable :awesome: Eat your heart out Bowser Jr.

Last edited:

Ladyspiker

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-6235-1432-1920
Spike seems really random to me! I didn't even know his name until now, and I've been an avid fan of the Mario Series since 1998. I guess I haven't been paying enough attention.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Spike seems really random to me! I didn't even know his name until now, and I've been an avid fan of the Mario Series since 1998. I guess I haven't been paying enough attention.
I remember he throw rocks and barrels at me back in New Super Mario Bros Wii

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Valentine's Day is almost here, so I might as well set up a little story...

Yoshi: Look at those flowers. If only I could find the best one...

Luma: Hey there Yoshi. What are you looking for?
Yoshi: I'm trying to look for the perfect flower to give to someone.

Luma: Well, I saw this unusual flower not too long ago. Who is your Valentine?
Yoshi: The flower is for Rosalina.
Luma: Mom? Then she'll really love a nice flower.

Yoshi: Well, it's worth a try.

Yoshi: Thanks for the help.
Luma: No problem, and good luck out there.

Yoshi: Okay Yoshi, you can do this. Rosalina...

Rosalina: Yes?

Rosalina: Is that a flower?
Yoshi: Why, yes. And I was wondering...

Yoshi: Will you be my Valentine?
Rosalina: Your Valentine?

Rosalina: Why of course. It's such a lovely flower too.

Yoshi: Then I like you to have it.

Rosalina: Why thank you Yoshi. It smells very sweet too.

Rosalina: I'll be sure to cherish this flower with all my love.
Yoshi: Thanks. I really wanted to make you happy.

Rosalina: And since you're so honest, I'll give you a nice kiss.
Yoshi: I love you Rosie.
Rosalina: I know that you do, but it's time for me to depart.

Yoshi: Buy why? Please don't go.
Rosalina: Don't worry. I'll always watch over you from beyond the stars.

Rosalina: Farewell.
Yoshi: But I don't want to be alone.

Rosalina: Remember Yoshi, you're never alone. I'll always watch over you, like the sun in the day, and the moon in the night. And if it ever rains, I'll be like a star in the clouds, and wait for your tears to dry.

Yoshi: I'll always remember you Rosalina, and happy Valentine's Day to you.

Ladyspiker

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-6235-1432-1920
I remember he throw rocks and barrels at me back in New Super Mario Bros Wii
That's what I remember too. For some reason, I thought he was in Paper Mario (the first two, not the bleh Sticker Star one), but apparently I was wrong according to Mario Wiki.

I love the Valentine's Day story. The 2nd to last screen shot of Rosalina is really nice too (her flying through the galaxy). It would make a good avatar.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That's what I remember too. For some reason, I thought he was in Paper Mario (the first two, not the bleh Sticker Star one), but apparently I was wrong according to Mario Wiki.

I love the Valentine's Day story. The 2nd to last screen shot of Rosalina is really nice too (her flying through the galaxy). It would make a good avatar.
I had never played Paper Mario so I didn't know much about the game.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I enjoyed that story @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy made. Loved the storybook reference at the end of it.

Though it would've been better if it was Link, Ike or even Mega Man hitting on her instead.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I enjoyed that story @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy made. Loved the storybook reference at the end of it.

Though it would've been better if it was Link, Ike or even Mega Man hitting on her instead.
I hope it would be G&W,my favorite character, definitely not Bowser Jr.
And I still hope that Yoshi and Rosalina can still have a nice Valentine match, use flowers to hit each other LOL.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Yeah... Bowser Jr. won't be playable. He may be playable in MP Island Tour, but I never hope they both will be playable. Glad he's not playable :awesome: Eat your heart out Bowser Jr.
You must really hate Bowser Jr, huh? :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom