• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I thought we were supposed to throw all this raid **** to the trash can and not dig it out and go "all Rosalina errythang" like we normally do here.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I thought we were supposed to throw all this raid **** to the trash can and not dig it out and go "all Rosalina errythang" like we normally do here.
We can still talk about Rosalina-related things if we want. We can also talk about non-Rosalina things. For example: I want to see the "50 Shades of Grey" movie; I've never read the book, and want to see what's all the hullabaloo surrounding the film.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I knew about this and the ZSS ones and Shulk. Like I said, they actually tried to tone it down for us because they did felt they went overboard on the other ones.
I thought so too...
@ Tino Tino ,your right, and I had already agreed with @Shirma Akayaku , that we should stop talking about this, but I just want to show it to @ CatRaccoonBL CatRaccoonBL . So...I'm sorry.
We can still talk about Rosalina-related things if we want. We can also talk about non-Rosalina things. For example: I want to see the "50 Shades of Grey" movie; I've never read the book, and want to see what's all the hullabaloo surrounding the film.
And why did you change your Rosalina avatar into purple? Do you often use the purple color swap?
Now here are more users that I forgot to mention:
@ DevaAshera DevaAshera , @Brickbuild101 , How do you think my posts, and what do you think what kind of person I am? Do you think it's not bad or sucks? I need some advice so I can improve my manners.

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
And why did you change your Rosalina avatar into purple? Do you often use the purple color swap?
Yes, I use her purple color. I gotta say, changing the color of an already-existing image was harder than I thought it'd be. I spent nearly an hour just trying to change her gown to purple. XD

Now here are more users that I forgot to mention:
@ DevaAshera DevaAshera , @Brickbuild101 , How do you think my posts, and what do you think what kind of person I am? Do you think it's not bad or sucks? I need some advice so I can improve my manners.
Why do you care so much how people see you? If anyone has a problem with you, trust and believe they will let you know. Otherwise, simply go by the assumption that people aren't bothered by you.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yes, I use her purple color. I gotta say, changing the color of an already-existing image was harder than I thought it'd be. I spent nearly an hour just trying to change her gown to purple. XD

Why do you care so much how people see you? If anyone has a problem with you, trust and believe they will let you know. Otherwise, simply go by the assumption that people aren't bothered by you.
Nah, maybe I just too concern about how people felt, and hopping for improvement. Like back in the Zelda thread, a user told me that I make "dots" too much, so I minimize my dot of three.
I do take that assumption for the most of the time, next time if you really feel I had bothered you when making post, feel free to comment.
You just noticed that now?
What's wrong with the leg?
There's no need to apologize so long as we move forward.:)

@ Claire Diviner Claire Diviner Why do I see a little bit of her leg on your avatar?
Yeah... I think that we have to move on.

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Nah, maybe I just too concern about how people felt, and hopping for improvement. Like back in the Zelda thread, a user told me that I make "dots" too much, so I minimize my dot of three.
Pfft, please. You can use the ellipsis as much as you want. I use them when I intentionally want to emphasize a long pause... Like right now.
What's wrong with the leg?
Nothing, as far as I can tell.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Pfft, please. You can use the ellipsis as much as you want. I use them when I intentionally want to emphasize a long pause... Like right now.

Nothing, as far as I can tell.
I know but I did realize that I used it too much. Like nearly a half sentence? That's not good.
Never mind that, I hope I can get a New 3DS XL and at least one amiibo soon:)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Would you rather see these legs?

Haha! Humor!
Edit: Man! The Zelda thread is still getting crazy(From now on, I like to post comments in the Zelda social thread too.)! Their Social thread title is called: Warning Received.png
I saw them have a lot of warning received in some their post. Looks like they are pasting the warning receive thread on purpose eh?

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I think Raids are the epitome of stupid, imo.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.
I don't give two cuccos what anyone else thinks of me. If they have a problem with anything I say or do, well, that's just too bad.
If I'm not breaking any rules or actually doing something offensive, then they can just deal with it.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think Raids are the epitome of stupid, imo.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.
I don't give two cuccos what anyone else thinks of me. If they have a problem with anything I say or do, well, that's just too bad.
If I'm not breaking any rules or actually doing something offensive, then they can just deal with it.
Uh...yeah... listen @ DevaAshera DevaAshera , I think it's better not to talk about that for now in this thread because... it just made us frustrated and that's already the thing of the past. Just post whatever you want to share with us like you used to do.
At first I ask that because I want to improve my social manners. But now I'm okay with you guys now. I'm was too over concern about your feelings.:awesome:

Remember, no more mentioning the raids anymore, post stuff that we are interested, stuffs like are Rosalina related:chuckle:

Edit: Aw... why did you just change the cute Rosalina & Peach avatar into Zelda?

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Haha! Humor!
Edit: Man! The Zelda thread is still getting crazy(From now on, I like to post comments in the Zelda social thread too.)! Their Social thread title is called: Warning Received.png
I saw them have a lot of warning received in some their post. Looks like they are pasting the warning receive thread on purpose eh?
A mod was being silly and edited an image of a warning in a user's post. But yeah, it is a bit silly. :)

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
A mod was being silly and edited an image of a warning in a user's post. But yeah, it is a bit silly. :)
Strictly a moderator shouldn't goof around with what can ha/she do that no one can do. It freaked me out a bit at first. I think it wasn't that appropriate to use the warning image to goof a user...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Depending on the image editing program that you're using, recoloring an artwork can be a challenge sometimes.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Highly disagree with many placements, including Rosalina's (Dabuz has a very one track way of using Rosalina, he doesn't use her to her full potential, not even close. So I don't think his Rosalina should solely be used as the reference for the character as a whole. She's still in her infancy). But it's just a random tier list. Everyone is making one.

----

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

Was very lucky with this. The postman dropped it outside the door, and didn't even attempt to check if anyone was home. If it weren't for the fact I slept in this morning and caught it on my way out to college, it might have been stolen or something.

...Also, Amazon.de sent me an e-mail later saying it was lost, and that they have sent me a refund since it's out of stock, and can't replace it....so...I got a free Rosalina Amiibo?

Also yeah, she's my favourite. I got a perfect copy, and she has a lot of nice details. Looks like she is really there.

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
I think maybe his placement of her is a little too low, but I also disagree with a lot of tier lists that have been placing her near the very top, saying shes top 3 in the entire game.
I think Rosalina is a really good character and has a TON of potential as well as so many different ways to use her and strategies to her playstyle, but I also think that she has a lot of weaknesses that once players learn, can make certain matchups that were once thought to be a piece of cake for her turn in to a challenge, and in some cases actually give other characters the advantage.

I definitely dont agree with the sentiment that is still thrown around that Rosalina is broken or OP.

In my opinion right now she's probably at the top of, or at least high A tier, but I wouldn't personally put her in S, or at least not top 3.
Of course the meta is still so young right now and all tier lists are really kind of irrelevant. Still it's fun to speculate about sometimes.

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
That can be a bit hard to believe when there are fighters out there who can give Rosalina problems. Of course, in Brawl, the Ice Climbers are ranked #2, despite having as many as four negative match-ups.
I think a huge part of their ranking in Brawl was due to the fact that they had something as match deciding as a 0-death chain-grab.
It kind of offset the fact that they had negative matchups because one grab could easily equal a stock in the hands of a great and well practiced IC main.

I don't think Rosalina has anything that Dominating in her toolkit, as good as she is. We are learning more and more as we explore the meta deeper, that characters that were previously thought to have been dominated by Rosalina, actually may have an equal or even advantaged matchup against her.

I dunno... I still think she's a really good character, and of course, I would love for her to be the best character in the game (lol, not biased at all) or even top 3, but at this point I'm just not seeing it personally. Maybe that'll change though, who knows.

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
For some reason Nintendo is asking which of some of the Mushroom Kingdom characters you would take on a date for Valentine's Day...

http://play.nintendo.com/activities/polls/nintendo-valentines-day-poll/

And Rosalina is in third place. Beaten by Bowser and freaking LUIGI.

Recently, there was a lengthy poll tweeted by Nintendo where they were asking people who their favorite Nintendo character was (among many, many other questions). Hmmm... I wonder if they're market-studying Rosalina for a project or something...

Ladyspiker

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-6235-1432-1920
Tier lists usually take years to solidify. I don't think you can look at a cast of 50+ characters and say "A is better than B" so easily. Instead, it's better to look at individual match-ups. Based on what we've found, Rosalina has an advantage in a majority of match-ups, and in some match-ups, completely dominates. Does Pikachu have that advantage?

It's the general consensus that's important anyways -- the fact that Rosalina is consistently near the top is a great sign. Besides, I don't play Rosalina because she's top tier, I play her because she's fun to play as and I love her and Luma.

@ C3CC C3CC that's a good point about a potential market-study. For that reason, I voted for Rosalina (sorry Peach!)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think a lot of Rosalina mains underestimate her because they are too modest or are not experimental enough. She's got plenty of dominating tools, and even matches well against Sheik and Diddy.

For some reason Nintendo is asking which of some of the Mushroom Kingdom characters you would take on a date for Valentine's Day...

http://play.nintendo.com/activities/polls/nintendo-valentines-day-poll/

And Rosalina is in third place. Beaten by Bowser and freaking LUIGI.

Recently, there was a lengthy poll tweeted by Nintendo where they were asking people who their favorite Nintendo character was (among many, many other questions). Hmmm... I wonder if they're market-studying Rosalina for a project or something...
Toad is suddenly winning by a landslide....

I think him and Luigi are winning because of the Star Bomb music video, "Luigi's Ballad".

Ladyspiker

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-6235-1432-1920
Toad is suddenly winning by a landslide....

I think him and Luigi are winning because of the Star Bomb music video, "Luigi's Ballad".
What the...if you reload the website, toad is getting 1000's of votes per second?? Is that legitimate? He literally had next to no votes when I visited the site a few minutes ago, I'm pretty sure.

EDIT: Now it looks like it stopped. Did anyone notice that too?

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
It's way too early to think of a tier list at the current time. Furthermore, if custom moves are indeed allowed in EVO, creating a trend in other high profile tournaments, the metagame will take much longer to explore, and an official tier list would also take that much longer to establish as well.

gameprodigy12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gameprodigy12
3DS FC
2423-2583-7165
What the...if you reload the website, toad is getting 1000's of votes per second?? Is that legitimate? He literally had next to no votes when I visited the site a few minutes ago, I'm pretty sure.

EDIT: Now it looks like it stopped. Did anyone notice that too?
Yeah and now Rosalina is dead last. Idk how that happened.

gameprodigy12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gameprodigy12
3DS FC
2423-2583-7165
A raid perhaps? It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say 4chan had anything to do with it, no?
I've been looking around the web and it seems like someone did rig the poll for toad as a joke maybe. Probabley is 4chan being stupid again, but who knows.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Again.

Luigi's Ballad.

If Toad is winning, it's probably because of the punchline to that music video.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Or maybe a certain person who hates Rosalina enough rigged the poll to put her in last place... Not to mention any names, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom