• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Here's a whole bunch of notes from Nintendo.
  • Share mode has been added.
      • Users will be able to post photos, replay data, and Mii Fighter data to the official server to share with other users around the world. Users will also be able to search and download the content as well.
        *Users can only post their own content. Content posted to the server will be deleted after 30 days.
      • Users will be able to share and exchange photos, replay data, and Mii Fighter data with users on their 3DS Friend List.
        *Content will be received when the Nintendo 3DS is connected to the Internet
        *It may take some time to receive the data
        *Content uploaded to the server will be deleted from the server after 30 days.
      • Users will be able to post photos to Miiverse from within the game
        *Photos will be posted to the official
    Snapshot Sharing Community
  • amiibo functionality has been added to New Nintendo 3DS XL
    Users can tap their amiibo figure to the touchscreen to transform them into “figure players (FP)” to battle, train, and level-up their FP.
    *FPs that were trained in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U can be used in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS.
    *Nintendo 3DS/XL systems will be compatible with amiibo functionality using a peripheral device scheduled to launch in 2015 and the software update that will follow.
  • In order to let you play the game more comfortably, we have also fixed some issues.
Please note: Once users install the update data (Ver. 1.0.5), they will no longer be able to play local multiplayer with users without the update installed. Additionally, any replay data that was saved prior to the update will no longer be playable.
Users will be required to download this update prior to using the software’s online multiplayer features.
http://nintendoeverything.com/smash-bros-3ds-update-version-1-0-5-out-now-amiibo-support-share-mode/

Dammit. I can't believe I have to delete my replays again.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Here's a whole bunch of notes from Nintendo.
  • Share mode has been added.
      • Users will be able to post photos, replay data, and Mii Fighter data to the official server to share with other users around the world. Users will also be able to search and download the content as well.
        *Users can only post their own content. Content posted to the server will be deleted after 30 days.
      • Users will be able to share and exchange photos, replay data, and Mii Fighter data with users on their 3DS Friend List.
        *Content will be received when the Nintendo 3DS is connected to the Internet
        *It may take some time to receive the data
        *Content uploaded to the server will be deleted from the server after 30 days.
      • Users will be able to post photos to Miiverse from within the game
        *Photos will be posted to the official
    Snapshot Sharing Community
  • amiibo functionality has been added to New Nintendo 3DS XL
    Users can tap their amiibo figure to the touchscreen to transform them into “figure players (FP)” to battle, train, and level-up their FP.
    *FPs that were trained in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U can be used in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS.
    *Nintendo 3DS/XL systems will be compatible with amiibo functionality using a peripheral device scheduled to launch in 2015 and the software update that will follow.
  • In order to let you play the game more comfortably, we have also fixed some issues.
Please note: Once users install the update data (Ver. 1.0.5), they will no longer be able to play local multiplayer with users without the update installed. Additionally, any replay data that was saved prior to the update will no longer be playable.
Users will be required to download this update prior to using the software’s online multiplayer features.
http://nintendoeverything.com/smash-bros-3ds-update-version-1-0-5-out-now-amiibo-support-share-mode/

Dammit. I can't believe I have to delete my replays again.
Go check if there are any changes for Rosalina.
Yeah............damn it, only 3 months since the last update...............and of course the old replays can't be send to the Internet.
If you have any cool Rosalina snapshots or replays on your 3DS @ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku , go try to send it to me! My name on my 3DS is Simon.
And I think this new function over shadowed the Rosalina Snapshot thread a bit................

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
The update is available now. Currently in the process of updating. Thank goodness I took a picture of my replay with Lucario's head spinning 360 degrees.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The update is available now. Currently in the process of updating. Thank goodness I took a picture of my replay with Lucario's head spinning 360 degrees.
I wanna see it! Send it to me! And also aware that if you post it to the Internet, the pic will be deleted after 30 days.
And recently I've check Zelda thread and yeah, they had already plan raiding this thread all along, @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy should go warn other thread's moderator too.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I wanna see it! Send it to me! And also aware that if you post it to the Internet, the pic will be deleted after 30 days.
I think if you post it to Miiverse, it won't get deleted, but it wasn't clarified since you have the option to post regularly, and the option to post to Miiverse (I'm not sure what the difference is). I'll post the Lucario picture soon.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think if you post it to Miiverse, it won't get deleted, but it wasn't clarified since you have the option to post regularly, and the option to post to Miiverse (I'm not sure what the difference is). I'll post the Lucario picture soon.
And just to let you know I warned Zelda thread users don't raid again and told them that thanks to their raid our thread has just turned into an official Social thread. And they can come here and chat with us.
So @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy , when it happens again, what will you do?

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Okay everyone (including @ Claire Diviner Claire Diviner ), I've updated the primary post even further, and the thread title has been modified as well. You can look at the updated primary post here.
Okay...so except the title... nothing changes right? GOOD!
But still @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy , besides Rosalina thread, many other character's thread have been raid too. (I am not sure if they are all from Zelda thread users!) And most of them seems to get along. If you have time go check. They planned ZSS, Shulk etc. before. If we had another raid again, what will you do? is there a more bigger moderator to stop this? Can you tell the user who post Smashboards news to make an article about some users raids on other characters' thread?

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Okay...so except the title... nothing changes right? GOOD!
But still @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy , besides Rosalina thread, many other character's thread have been raid too. (I am not sure if they are all from Zelda thread users!) And most of them seems to get along. If you have time go check. They planned ZSS, Shulk etc. before. If we had another raid again, what will you do?
I've notified the other Smash 4 staff members about what you've mentioned to me. In terms of future raids, I'll just have to be sure that I'm around to put a stop to them earlier than with last time.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I've notified the other Smash 4 staff members about what you've mentioned to me. In terms of future raids, I'll just have to be sure that I'm around to put a stop to them earlier than with last time.
My information might not be always right, sometimes you can't really tell a raid by just see that there are many users in a social thread, Marth thread is kind of chill for now, if one day Marth's thread suddenly has a lot of users... you still have to see the conversation for a moment. You'll just get back fired if you shut the thread to quickly.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
My information might not be always right, sometimes you can't really tell a raid by just see that there are many users in a social thread, Math thread is kind of chill for now, if one day Marth's thread suddenly has a lot of users... you still have to see the conversation for a moment. You'll just get back fired if you shut the thread to quickly.
I see your spying on us LOL

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My information might not be always right, sometimes you can't really tell a raid by just see that there are many users in a social thread, Math thread is kind of chill for now, if one day Marth's thread suddenly has a lot of users... you still have to see the conversation for a moment. You'll just get back fired if you shut the thread to quickly.
True. I'll just have to pay close attention to the posts that I'm seeing.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I see your spying on us LOL
If you consider me spying, then it means that your raid is a underground activities? I had warned you guys before but now honestly...I don't really think your raid is not that bad. I can take your raid as a flash activity, that in a busy street when suddenly a huge group of people start to do things that just surprised us, or fascinates us. And that's not really a bad thing.
And I'm actually try to explain that your raid is not always not that bad because some of the thread users had enjoyed it. Can you show me the link of the threads that you guys been raid before? I wanna take a look.
Side note: Flipnote Studio 3D came out for those of you trying to get it. It's up now on Club Nintendo.
Aw... Club Nintendo only?

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Getting U-Air kills at 30% is a funny experience.
Which character are you mentioning? :rosalina:?
Alright, I should put the raid thing down and focus on Rosalina and the game what I really love:Smash bros!

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Which character are you mentioning? :rosalina:?
Alright, I should put the raid thing down and focus on Rosalina and the game what I really love:Smash bros!
:rosalina:
Getting kills with that move with Luma is like "Oh. That happened." It gets even more ridiculous with Rage.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
:rosalina:
Getting kills with that move with Luma is like "Oh. That happened." It gets even more ridiculous with Rage.
Some times I feel like they nerf her U-air a lot. Trying to KO like that needs a great technique and timing. I will try to train that... when I got a New 3DS...:urg:

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
Hey guys, I'm always looking for tips on how to improve my Rosalina, and I have a question about her Jab attack.

First off, how do you cancel it properly? I've also been told how effective it is as a spacing/anti-roll move, yet I ALWAYS have opponents roll towards me during her Jab animation some how skipping through all the hitboxes completely (Hers AND Lumas), end up behind me and then punish me while Rosa is still stuck in the ending of her Jab animation.
I'm assuming that I'm not utilizing her Jab correctly, so what should I do to make it more safe/effective?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Okay everyone (including @ Claire Diviner Claire Diviner ), I've updated the primary post even further, and the thread title has been modified as well. You can look at the updated primary post here.
Now no one has a reason to complain. If there's still complaints/raids, you always have the power to give warnings/infractions when necessary.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think it's yet another overblown case of "some-shade-of-blue clothing + some-shade-of-blonde hair + at least semi attractive woman = ROSALINA GUYS IT'S OBVIOUSLY ROSALINA".

I showed my friend this, and he's not a huge Rosalina nut (though she's one of the few Mario characters he actually likes), and even he couldn't see a resemblance.

It's more than the whole Elsa resemblance, and certainly more than Peach, but still not even close.

Last edited:

Ladyspiker

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-6235-1432-1920
I see the resemblance...besides the outfit, Taylor's hair is even parted to one side, almost covering her eye, and has a length similar to Rosalina's. There's some obvious differences between the two, but the foundation is close.

(Of course, Rosalina wears it better)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think it's yet another overblown case of "some-shade-of-blue clothing + some-shade-of-blonde hair + at least semi attractive woman = ROSALINA GUYS IT'S OBVIOUSLY ROSALINA".

I showed my friend this, and he's not a huge Rosalina nut (though she's one of the few Mario characters he actually likes), and even he couldn't see a resemblance.

It's more than the whole Elsa resemblance, and certainly more than Peach, but still not even close.
Yeah... I think so too.
Hey guys, I'm always looking for tips on how to improve my Rosalina, and I have a question about her Jab attack.

First off, how do you cancel it properly? I've also been told how effective it is as a spacing/anti-roll move, yet I ALWAYS have opponents roll towards me during her Jab animation some how skipping through all the hitboxes completely (Hers AND Lumas), end up behind me and then punish me while Rosa is still stuck in the ending of her Jab animation.
I'm assuming that I'm not utilizing her Jab correctly, so what should I do to make it more safe/effective?
You can't really stop jabbing when you hit an opponent in the first jab, it will continue to the next jab. That means You always need to beware of getting an opponent close to you , there is a method that Rosalina has a huge advantage is called "Zoning", beside of explain it in words. Let me just show you the video:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well that's good to hear.
Check this out, guys.
Shulk just did an impressive air combo and KOed Rosalina, but seems that he utilizes it too much that he can't recover.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Great, Lv 50 Diddy battling with Lv 1 Rosalina and Lv 1 Sonic. Nice...:glare:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well that's good to hear.
So, I really don't like pulling up the raid again... I'm just curious to know...@sonicbrawler182, @ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku , @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy ,@ Claire Diviner Claire Diviner , @ ParanoidDrone ParanoidDrone , @RaccoonBL, @ Tino Tino .From all of the things that I did to maintain this thread, and try to by rational...How did you guys think what kind of person I am during conversation we started? Do you guys think I am an idiot, or just an overreacted person? This no more the raid subject. I just curious to know how you guys think I am during these days when you guys saw my posts and comments.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
So, I really don't like pulling up the raid again... I'm just curious to know...@sonicbrawler182, @ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku , @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy ,@ Claire Diviner Claire Diviner , @ ParanoidDrone ParanoidDrone , @RaccoonBL, @ Tino Tino .From all of the things that I did to maintain this thread, and try to by rational...How did you guys think what kind of person I am during conversation we started? Do you guys think I am an idiot, or just an overreacted person? This no more the raid subject. I just curious to know how you guys think I am during these days when you guys saw my posts and comments.
Truth be told I just sort of glossed over the raid. It happened during a time when I wasn't online and when I got back I didn't even bother reading most of it. So...no comment. Sorry.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Honestly, I don't really know. I do know you're dwelling on the raid issue a little too much. What's done it done; we just have to look forward.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Truth be told I just sort of glossed over the raid. It happened during a time when I wasn't online and when I got back I didn't even bother reading most of it. So...no comment. Sorry.
You're lucky that you weren't. And appreciate your comment.
Honestly, I don't really know. I do know you're dwelling on the raid issue a little too much. What's done it done; we just have to look forward.
I know, so I think that I should eclipse the issue now. I was just curious why they do that that's all.
Well, how about more further, how did you guys think of me when seeing my posts and comments? I need some advice and improvement.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Hey I was the same way as you when all that started. I mean it's my own fault that I didn't leave from all that bull**** the moment it began.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hey I was the same way as you when all that started. I mean it's my own fault that I didn't leave from all that bull**** the moment it began.
I was just kind of confused, but I was hoping you to give me a comment of what kind of person I am in Smashboards?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I know, so I think that I should eclipse the issue now. I was just curious why they do that that's all.
Some people just like to troll online for the sake of seeing negative reactions from people. There's naught in the way of a deeper meaning than that.
Well, how about more further, how did you guys think of me when seeing my posts and comments? I need some advice and improvement.
As of now, you're doing fine. If you're asking about the time of the raid, I wasn't around at the time, and am too lazy to sift through posts to find them to really judge on that basis alone.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I was just kind of confused, but I was hoping you to give me a comment of what kind of person I am in Smashboards?
I wouldn't say that you're an idiot or just overreacting. We all had those moments when we had such a feeling but that doesn't make you a bad person.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Some people just like to troll online for the sake of seeing negative reactions from people. There's naught in the way of a deeper meaning than that.

As of now, you're doing fine. If you're asking about the time of the raid, I wasn't around at the time, and am too lazy to sift through posts to find them to really judge on that basis alone.
Well, go ahead and check this:
http://smashboards.com/threads/parallel-falchion-lucina-general-and-q-a.383652/page-3 , I just can't stand of seeing this... I know... no more ... but you guys got to see you, especially you @RaccoonBL , not even the moderator can take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom