• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Thinf table; Volume II

THINF|My Thoughts
When Rosalina enters on the scene :|

Rosalina VS Diddy :|

Rosalina losing? :|

Luma Died?! Plan B! :|

I lost to my own Luma :|

In loving memory of @KuroganeHammer, who could not be with us for this occasion.
Wow, I've been coming to this social for 5 years and this is the most accurate thing I've ever seen. You are the true Rosetta Stone and Lemur!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yep. It's almost always level 3 weapons.

Also, Rosalina gave me this:

I wonder why she had that... Rosalina is secretly evil?!?! Not surprising at the least.
It probably just gives you random weapon I guess.......

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Wasn't this so much fun, Rosalina gorls~? It was a fun raid. Now you know how a social thread really goes. Just let it all go and have fun! ^u^

Until another time!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yep. It's almost always level 3 weapons.

Also, Rosalina gave me this:

I wonder why she had that... Rosalina is secretly evil?!?! Not surprising at the least.
That was sweet loot from that one-time she beat Ganondorf and reminded him that she was taller than him. He then ran off crying, leaving his manhood behind.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Wasn't this so much fun, Rosalina gorls~? It was a fun raid. Now you know how a social thread really goes. Just let it all go and have fun! ^u^

Until another time!
Please, no more, post some things that are really Rosalina related.........

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Please, no more, post some things that are really Rosalina related.........

We can just have some fun, can we not? Feel as light and free as Rosalina's floatiness! I don't see why can't post other things in a general discussion. :^)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

We can just have some fun, can we not? Feel as light and free as Rosalina's floatiness! I don't see why can't post other things in a general discussion. :^)
I know but, not things that are too unrelevant.......... and post things so fast........
And Rosalina is just floaty, Zelda doesn't float, Peach floats!

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina's the princess that turns into Sheik, right?
Is she? (Of course not!:joyful:)
You realize this is the Rosalina social right, she's as irrelevant as it gets
Alright.maybe I'm just too way down, I just hope that I can "Keep on track with every posts" but after seeing so many posts. Me and @ Tino Tino both realized that this thread is going so fast! Now I can feel the speed of a Social Forum. Thank you:lol:.

gameprodigy12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gameprodigy12
3DS FC
2423-2583-7165
Well at least it's calmed down again. As much as the zelda boards came over bringing some laughs/jokes and stuff that isn't serious, people can post some Rosalina stuff in peace. Also it was a treat to see zelda people have some fun instead of being jerks

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Boy, even when I'm absent, this thread remained very active, and for the wrong reasons too.

I don't know how this thread turned messy, but my guess is likely thanks to the way that Zelda's discussion period was handled at the Rosalina Match-Up Analysis thread last weekend.

Anyway, I'm VERY disappointed with the behavior that I've been seeing here, because this is the Rosalina general discussion thread, and yet I saw a good deal of posts that aren't even related to her.

You want to bring up senseless topics, we have a social thread for that.

gameprodigy12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gameprodigy12
3DS FC
2423-2583-7165
Boy, even when I'm absent, this thread remained very active, and for the wrong reasons too.

I don't know how this thread turned messy, but my guess is likely thanks to the way that Zelda's discussion period was handled at the Rosalina Match-Up Analysis thread last weekend.

Anyway, I'm VERY disappointed with the behavior that I've been seeing here, because this is the Rosalina general discussion thread, and yet I saw a good deal of posts that aren't even related to her.

Completely agree, it was unnessessary and honestly some of those jokes weren't really funny or true if they wanted to try and convey it as both. I understand joking and found some of their posts funny, it wasn't in the realm of this thread.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Wait........................really?
This is definitely the social. Look at that activity level BEFORE we visited.
I need to go find it...
Technically, this sub-forum doesn't have an actual social thread, as the one at the Wii U general discussion forum already handles the social stuff.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

You mean the Smash Bros Social Thread 4.0 right?
http://smashboards.com/threads/soci...crashboards-now.383568/page-985#post-18539123

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Each character subforum is entitled to its own individual Social thread. Which is what Zelda's assumed was this thread (for most other character forums, Socials/General Discussion threads are one and the same). Been that way in old Smash character forums.

Whilst each character board is run differently, the threads typically serve the purpose of being outlets for individual communities for said characters to post things that would otherwise be off-topic anywhere else, and to get to know one another better. Y'know, be social.

Again, I understand to each their own and all, but calling others "senseless" and redirecting them to a completely different area is uncalled for.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Each character subforum is entitled to its own individual Social thread. Which is what BJ assumed was this thread (for most other character forums, Socials and General Discussion threads are one and the same). It's been this way since Smash character forums.

Whilst each character board is run differently, the threads typically serve the purpose of being outlets for individual communities for said characters to post things that would otherwise be off-topic anywhere else, and to get to know one another better.

Again, I understand to each their own and all, but calling others "senseless" and redirecting them to a completely different area is uncalled for.
Wooo. Ismar to the rescue.

I personally think Rosalina should get her own Social thread as well, or at least make this one considered to be a social.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
If anything, the "General Discussion" title itself contributes to the rigidity of this thread, you Rosas either were just totally confused or silent.

We tried to engage you guys in a nice exchange, I'm quite thankful that we didn't go all out with our sass as we did to others, god knows how badly you would have taken it, even though we truly mean it in good fun.

It's still possible to have relevant discussion and be fun at the same time, but if you Rosas are fine with how everything is, so be it.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That was the most uncomfortable experience I've ever had. Never want anything to do with this **** if it happens again.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The reason we don't have a social thread is because we have a Skype group that serves the purpose a whole lot better. Don't have to deal with swear filters or anything, and we can even call each other.

This thread is exactly what it says on the tin - discussion of Rosalina in general. I don't see how you could confuse that for anything else.

While we are more lax about things in this thread in terms of the flow of the discussion, we generally like to keep it in relation to the character. There is enough for us to talk about since Rosalina has been getting so much attention lately both by Nintendo and the media, and we are comfortable with the size of our community. I don't think it should be the call of other boards to change that. There is nothing to fix.

And I think what M&SG meant by "senseless" is that it was pretty much impossible to hold a discussion here while the Zelda mains were posting a lot of "lolsorandom" spam.

And to be fair, there definitely was a hint of passive aggression in some people's posts, and yeah, the timing of this incident was rather suspicious.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
The difference of conversation flow and formality when you compare the two main discussion topics really shows how different many of the people who main Zelda and Rosalina are.

I assure you it was just for fun lol, no waifu wars breaking out anytime soon.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The difference of conversation flow and formality when you compare the two main discussion topics really shows how different many of the people who main Zelda and Rosalina are.

I assure you it was just for fun lol, no waifu wars breaking out anytime soon.
Not really. Like I said, Rosalina mains just have a Skype group for gettin' crazy. It's way better that way, as we don't have to worry about holding back at all.

Meanwhile this thread is just for genuinely talking about the character. I think it's better this way, as it keeps things more civil and accessible to the younger crowd.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom