• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You must really hate Bowser Jr, huh? :ohwell:
Hate him to the bottom of my heart...FOR NOW. It may change, just like Duck Hunt, I used to dislike this character too during the leak standpoint, but a few moments after the Smash 3DS release, I think he is cool.
I was fine with Bowser Jr when he wasn't announced in Smash 4, and not untill when I recently saw a lot of poll videos about favorite Smash 4 newcomer that Bowser Jr was on the list. You take that I hate him, but I do have obvious reasons, really obvious reasons. I think his inclusion in Smash 4 is really one of the most biggest mistakes ever, to me of course.
Well, can you blame him?
"Snickering" Blame me for what? Everyone has their own dislikes, but unlike that stupid mariotehplumber, I won't do things that are too radical, like buying 100 Bowser Jr amiibos... and mock their fans in the public and the Internet...
Well, I don't have any problems with Bowser Jr. personally, so I'm curious as to why he detests the character as much as he does.
Again, it's just that I can't tolerate that Bowser Jr is popular among fans in Smash bros. Once more, can't you get the feeling that a character that you really hope not to be in Smash Bros but he is still in, and everyone like him/her? I can actually understand mariotehplumber's feelings, but his action we see is too radical and inappropriate, so I don't mock you when suppose you say you like Bowser Jr and say offensive words at his fans like mariotehplumber does.
So are there any characters that you just don't like for personal reasons @ False Sense False Sense ? Name a character you don't like that isn't in Smash4 but everyone hopes it to be in Smash4. And another character in Smash4 that you just don't like, it can be the one that you think it's annoying online, or like me just don't like it in Smash for obvious and personal reasons. And only appropriate reasons, no mocking or offensive words criticize, I've heard enough.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The only reason why I dislike Jr. is because I wanted Toad in but whatever
Toad?! Can there be one Toad fighting, and one Toad protecting Peach? Um.. I will definitely use Toad if he is really in, but I think there should be only one mario newcomer, and that's Rosalina, 5 mario character is perfect, no more, but that Bowser Jr, is just really a roster waster in my opinion.
Well, it's safe to say that I don't like him either, both in Smash and as a character in general.
Great that you guys do too. Of course we should just keep it to our heart, don't be rational and do stupid things.

Specifically, I'd be cool if CAPTAIN Toad got in but whatever. I'm happy with the Moando boy getting in

Ladyspiker

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-6235-1432-1920
I think Toad would be a great idea. And they can have a palette change similar to Bowser Jr so Toadette can be included too.

Peach can find another minion to stuff in her dress instead. Maybe Toadsworth?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I was already satisfied when Rosalina was confirmed for Smash so I didn't care who else would make it unless it was either Chrom or Lucina (which my wish came true with her revealed, but didn't expect Robin).

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think Toad would be a great idea. And they can have a palette change similar to Bowser Jr so Toadette can be included too.

Peach can find another minion to stuff in her dress instead. Maybe Toadsworth?
Toadworth?! No~~~
Specifically, I'd be cool if CAPTAIN Toad got in but whatever. I'm happy with the Moando boy getting in
Me too, I like :4shulk:
I was already satisfied when Rosalina was confirmed for Smash so I didn't care who else would make it unless it was either Chrom or Lucina (which my wish came true with her revealed, but didn't expect Robin).
But I really didn't want Bowser Jr and even Dr.Mario in Smash Bros...:(

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I guess I will be an outlier in the Rosalina forums for being a fan of Bowser Jr.
But you are still a Rosalina main right? You don't need to,and I won't mock you, you don't really need to if you are a Rosalina main, you just a fan of Bowser Jr but you don't main him right? And it is not like you are a fan of Bowser Jr and you also don't like Rosalina, if it's like that then you should stay away And if you like Bowser Jr why do you still want Captain Toad as a DLC? Inkling? Yeah!

And check this out:

can you see it now?

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My only problem with Bowser Jr. is that he had to get stuck with the Koopa Clown Car, AND his palette swaps are the Koopalings. The sizes of the Koopalings make no sense when you compare their Smash 4 sizes with their New Super Mario Bros. Wii sizes.

@ mario123007 mario123007 : Your image is broken.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Bowser. Jr is just a "meh" character to me. I actually think he has a lot of potential to be really endearing, but they completely squandered that, and basically just made him an 8th Koopaling. Even in the Galaxy games, Bowser never even acknowledges his existence. It's like they're not even related.

I did want him in Smash, because I thought Bowser. Jr and Rosalina were the missing pieces of the Mario cast in Smash. I was more hoping for something involving the paintbrush for his moveset, though. The clown car idea is cool, but since you can just switch him out for a Koopaling, and since Bowser. Jr doesn't actively do a whole lot while sitting in it, it really just feels like the clown car is the character.

And no, he doesn't have any controls inside the thing. I checked:

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
My only problem with Bowser Jr. is that he had to get stuck with the Koopa Clown Car, AND his palette swaps are the Koopalings. The sizes of the Koopalings make no sense when you compare their Smash 4 sizes with their New Super Mario Bros. Wii sizes.

@ mario123007 mario123007 : Your image is broken.
So @ Kenith Kenith , relax, we won't mock you even you are a fan of Bowser Jr,some of us are just a bit irritated of the koopalings... I'm a good guys so, feel free to comment here. If there's anything that I don't like, I will comment in a polite and rational way.

Bowser. Jr is just a "meh" character to me. I actually think he has a lot of potential to be really endearing, but they completely squandered that, and basically just made him an 8th Koopaling. Even in the Galaxy games, Bowser never even acknowledges his existence. It's like they're not even related.

I did want him in Smash, because I thought Bowser. Jr and Rosalina were the missing pieces of the Mario cast in Smash. I was more hoping for something involving the paintbrush for his moveset, though. The clown car idea is cool, but since you can just switch him out for a Koopaling, and since Bowser. Jr doesn't actively do a whole lot while sitting in it, it really just feels like the clown car is the character.

And no, he doesn't have any controls inside the thing. I checked.
I ... just feel that this Smash roster isn't necessary to have two new Mario characters... my ideal Smash roster is only Rosalina as the Mario newcomer, and that's it. Bowser Jr was really lucky to get into Smash 4 roster, really lucky.

What the............
Oh no , double post... help here @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy
Edit:thanks

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Yeah it's sad that we never got to see more of Bowser's relationship with Bowser Jr., but that's primarily because Miyamoto doesn't bother with making actual stories for his Mario games.

Now, Bowser Jr. just feels like a super lazy bum, who relies too much on robots to do his dirty work. And the only times that he does show some athleticism is in the Mario spin-offs, such as tennis, baseball, and basketball.

Frankly, Bowser Jr. feels a lot less like Bowser's son lately, and more like another generic Koopa Troop general, who, like the Koopalings, has a very unclear relationship with Bowser.

Even Rosalina feels more important than Bowser Jr. now, and she's a character that Miyamoto was originally against during Super Mario Galaxy's development.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm not gonna go into detail as to why I absolute see Valentine's Day as the worst day of the year. I just can't stand it.
Because you don't like the "sweetheart" occasion right? I know how that feel (I don't really have a sweetheart in my life too)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Like I said, I'm not going into details about it. Just thinking about it makes me puke.
Just don't like the atmosphere of Valentine right? Sometimes Valentine doesn't have to be typical that only couples can celebrate and just about hearts and chocolate, it can also just care about the one who you care.
Anyway, I understand.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Just don't like the atmosphere of Valentine right? Sometimes Valentine doesn't have to be typical that only couples can celebrate and just about hearts and chocolate, it can also just care about the one who you care.
Anyway, I understand.
I do like chocolate though, especially chocolate milk and chocolate ice cream. :p

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
A Valentine's Day feud between genders? I do have to ask why Mewtwo is on there though, since it's a genderless Pokemon.
Same as for Pikachu, don't know why it's a she in this pic. And why there isn't two Wii Fit trainer on both sides?(Edit: Oh wait... there he is, right next to Mario)
And there's no more deny that Shiek is a female, it has been confirmed.
Here's a better quality, hope you guys can see it:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Valentine's Day is just a normal day for me, since I'm both single and uninterested, but I like the kind of artwork it generates and everything else in video game culture. That Heart Luma idea was very clever.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Same as for Pikachu, don't know why it's a she in this pic. And why there isn't two Wii Fit trainer on both sides?(Edit: Oh wait... there he is, right next to Mario)
And there's no more deny that Shiek is a female, it has been confirmed.
Here's a better quality, hope you guys can see it:
Nice art, however Marth is on the wrong side.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Valentine's Day is just a normal day for me, since I'm both single and uninterested, but I like the kind of artwork it generates and everything else in video game culture. That Heart Luma idea was very clever.
But... Rosalina's expression somewhat frightens me in the first eye I saw that artwork...
Nice art, however Marth is on the wrong side.
Why's that? I thought you are gonna say Shiek...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Sheik being female was confirmed when she was revealed to be secretly Zelda.
Seriously. Zelda was a ******* in Ocarina of Time. It was the 90's, Nintendo wasn't that brave.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So are there any characters that you just don't like for personal reasons @ False Sense False Sense ? And another character in Smash4 that you just don't like, it can be the one that you think it's annoying online, or like me just don't like it in Smash for obvious and personal reasons. And only appropriate reasons, no mocking or offensive words criticize, I've heard enough.
Greninja. :4greninja:

Since the beginning, the central idea behind Smash was bringing together a cast of Nintendo's biggest All-Stars and letting them fight each other in massive free-for-alls. It was he chance to see gaming legends like Mario, Link, and Pikachu face off. Now, the definition of "All-Star" has certainly been stretched ever since even the first game in the series, with the inclusion of characters like Ness, Ice Climbers, Lucario, etc. The series hasn't shied away from including more obscure or minor characters alongside gaming giants, and I can accept that; most of the characters included could at least claim to have some significance in the grand scheme of things, and had made a name for themselves prior to being playable.

Greninja, though... Greninja was added to the roster when he was still being developed as a character, before his game was released, before the general public even knew he existed... I suppose this all boils down to conflicting philosophies on how the game should be handled, but I don't think Greninja warranted his inclusion at the time that he was added.

That's not to say that I hate the character or want him to be cut; on the contrary, I'd love to see him become more prominent within the Pokemon series. But as of now, I feel that his inclusion in Smash isn't fully warranted.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom