• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
The Rosalina Amiibo Board for Mario Party 10 was confirmed!! Looks great!!!
Yeah, this board does look amazing. Very pretty. :3

For Bowser Jr, I'm happy with his inclusion in Smash. A mech user is an interesting concept and makes sense for Bowser Jr.

I'm fine with him not using paint because the inklings do the idea waaaaaaaaaaaay better. And Bowser Jr ruining their chances to get in would be sad.

Also, Valentine's day. A meh holiday.

gameprodigy12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gameprodigy12
3DS FC
2423-2583-7165
I'm intrigued with Rayman and will give him and Mewtwo there chances to show there stuff to see I'll main them. If they fit then I'll replace MK and maybe Fox or Samus, one or the other. They won't replace my number 1 main Rosalina and the other mains of Captain Falcon, Olimar and whichever doesn't get replaced.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Eh, don't care too much about him. Would've preferred other characters but what can you do.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I am hoping Rayman will at least be my second main along with Sonic.

Depends on how he plays, but I intend to get good with him. He is one of my favourite characters, and his series is one of my favourites.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I have seen some of a CO-op lp of Rayman origins.

I can certainly see him having a unique moveset, but nothing that would interest me.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Greninja. :4greninja:

Since the beginning, the central idea behind Smash was bringing together a cast of Nintendo's biggest All-Stars and letting them fight each other in massive free-for-alls. It was he chance to see gaming legends like Mario, Link, and Pikachu face off. Now, the definition of "All-Star" has certainly been stretched ever since even the first game in the series, with the inclusion of characters like Ness, Ice Climbers, Lucario, etc. The series hasn't shied away from including more obscure or minor characters alongside gaming giants, and I can accept that; most of the characters included could at least claim to have some significance in the grand scheme of things, and had made a name for themselves prior to being playable.

Greninja, though... Greninja was added to the roster when he was still being developed as a character, before his game was released, before the general public even knew he existed... I suppose this all boils down to conflicting philosophies on how the game should be handled, but I don't think Greninja warranted his inclusion at the time that he was added.

That's not to say that I hate the character or want him to be cut; on the contrary, I'd love to see him become more prominent within the Pokemon series. But as of now, I feel that his inclusion in Smash isn't fully warranted.

Of course, that's just my opinion.
Good, very good. Nice opinion you got. So you didn't really want Greninja in Smash4 at first but not you are fine with him right?
Here's something amusing that @BluePikmin11 posted earlier...

Source: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAADaVHhsBdOb3g
How can the poison mushroom even shrink her clothes? LOL
Although he won't replace Rosalina as my main...

YAAAAS RAYMAN
Remember I used to say I hate leaks? But besides the Palutena leak, this leak I actually hope it can be true too. Go Ray-man!

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Hey everyone, just wanna say I made it out of pools today (loser side sadly, lost to a Yoshi player, that match up succccks) and will be playing Top16 tomorrow. Here's to getting top 8 for our girl.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hey everyone, just wanna say I made it out of pools today (loser side sadly, lost to a Yoshi player, that match up succccks) and will be playing Top16 tomorrow. Here's to getting top 8 for our girl.
Go!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wouldn't jump the gun just yet. For all we know, it could just be another hoax, so it's probably best to take the rumor with a grain of salt.
The original video has been taken down...by the uploader, not Nintendo, so yeah, it's still debatable.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I wouldn't jump the gun just yet. For all we know, it could just be another hoax, so it's probably best to take the rumor with a grain of salt.
I would definitely take this with a grain of salt for now. There have been Wii U hacks already, specifically model rips, audio rips, emulating (and amiibo shenanigans), so for all we know the Rayman leak could be fake. To me, it's very believable, but the only thing that might make me a little skeptical is that it looks like the person is playing on a PC monitor (based on the boarders of the screen before he zooms in) and since it's running on that, it could be a mod. Other than that, it looks pretty legit.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Good luck man! Represent :rosalina:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think the leak is real for a multitude of reasons. Mainly the choice in Rayman's pose.

To me, it's very believable, but the only thing that might make me a little skeptical is that it looks like the person is playing on a PC monitor (based on the boarders of the screen before he zooms in) and since it's running on that, it could be a mod. Other than that, it looks pretty legit.
The Wii U has not been modded thoroughly yet. Also, people have noted that modding the CSS of Smash Wii U would be incredibly difficult if you wanted to make it look legit, as the character icons have an animation in the background that runs between them. But in the video, Rayman and Mewtwo's icons match up with the characters next to them. They are incorporated perfectly into the animation.

Also, it being on a PC monitor could simply mean it's on a dev kit, or heck, even just a Wii U connected to a PC monitor (which is entirely possible if the monitor has HDMI output).

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Well, all thats over now.

Shame we don't get a new character, but didn't care for Rayman much anyway.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think the leak is real for a multitude of reasons. Mainly the choice in Rayman's pose.

The Wii U has not been modded thoroughly yet. Also, people have noted that modding the CSS of Smash Wii U would be incredibly difficult if you wanted to make it look legit, as the character icons have an animation in the background that runs between them. But in the video, Rayman and Mewtwo's icons match up with the characters next to them. They are incorporated perfectly into the animation.

Also, it being on a PC monitor could simply mean it's on a dev kit, or heck, even just a Wii U connected to a PC monitor (which is entirely possible if the monitor has HDMI output).
"Sigh" Well... looks like it's really a fake @ ChikoLad ChikoLad , even though the Wii U has not been modded thoroughly, he doesn't really need to mod the Wii U when making the fake.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's funny how most people actually thought the leak was real. lol
Not really. We had every reason to think it was real.

All this means is that nobody will pay a leak any heed in the future unless there is in-game footage involved.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
It's funny how most people actually thought the leak was real. lol
Err...We really don't need this kind of idea going on right now. The opposite would be said if it was real.

"It was funny how a lot of people thought it was fake."

Hindsight is 20/20, and with people being really hurt by this, we need to be supportive, not aggressive.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Err...We really don't need this kind of perspective going on right now. The opposite would be said if it was real.

"It was funny how a lot of people thought it was fake."

Hindsight is 20/20, and with people being really hurt by this, we need to be supportive, not aggressive.
Not really. We had every reason to think it was real.

All this means is that nobody will pay a leak any heed in the future unless there is in-game footage involved.
After the ESRB leak, it gives us a lesson not to underestimate a leak. After the Rayman 2 leak, it gives us a lesson not to be too stick to the leak.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
So to take our mind off of the bogus leak, here's something I did out of boredom.

EDIT: You know what? I think I'll make this my sig...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So to take our mind off of the bogus leak, here's something I did out of boredom.

I HATE THIS BECAUSE I KNOW WHAT THAT IMAGE REALLY IS AND I REALLY LIKE IT FOR MORE REASONS THAN ONE.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Not bad... the artist who draw this Rosalina is really good.
I can post one of them as a single image for use as an avatar, if you want a specific color? lol
Red please.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can post one of them as a single image for use as an avatar, if you want a specific color? lol
No-no, it's OK. I actually had considered making an avatar out of it myself, as well as other similar kinds of images of Rosalina, buuuuut I decided against it. ._.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Here you go.

It's height of 190 is larger than most other avatars and only available to premium users, but you can still pan the image to get the avatar displayed as you see fit within the standard 125 x 125 space.
Thanks, but I hope you can use the red as your avatar actually...
I'm not sure if I am going to use this as my avatar, I like Mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom