• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MOST2 October 25 (the SATURDAY (ONLY) before Halloween) Kelowna BC

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Events:

It's a 1 day event still, but things will be run MUCH defferently.
1. Designated times, be there for your events and others as you want without delay or confusion.
2. There will be more events that we couldn't do last time as well as more efficient use of all setups.
3. I will actually have people helping me so I can help others with questions appropriately this time.
4. Sign ups will take place during the finals of the previous events instead of all at the beginning.

SMASH FRIENDLY GAMES START AT 9:00am - Brawl Doubles Sign Ups will start at 10:30

First Half
11:00am - Brawl Doubles - $10 / team, best of 3, 3 stocks, time 8 minutes.
12/12:30 - Brawl Singles - $10 / person, best of 3, 3 stocks, time 8 minutes.
2:00pm - Brawl Crews - $20 / crew, 4/5/6 people per crew, 15 stocks per team
2:00pm - Brawl HellBox - $3 / person, 2 stocks, no time (includes pizza)

3:00 - INTERMISSION FOR PIZZA + 64 DOUBLES AND MELEE DOUBLES SIGN UPS AND FRIENDLY MATCHES

Note: The Power Challenge takes place at all times!
The Power Challenge
- I will personally play a best of 3 series with everyone who asks me (in any smash game) and if you can beat me, I will give you 1 dollar, just because ;)

Second Half
4:00pm - Melee Doubles - $10 / team, best of 3, 4 stocks, time 8 minutes.
4:00pm - 64 Doubles - $10 / team, best of 3, 5 stocks.
5:00pm - Melee Singles - $10 / person, best of 3, 4 stocks, time 8 minutes.
5:00pm - 64 Singles - $10 / person, best of 3, 5 stocks.

Semis' and Loser's final are best of 5, all finals best of 5.

Venue Fee will just be a % of the pot.
All regular events are seeded randomly, double elimination, items off. POT split % 60/30/5 for 1st/2nd/3rd

B.C. Gameplay Rules:
Singles: Double elimination. Random seeding. Pot is divided 60/30/10 for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, respectively.
- Lives:
Melee: 4 stock per match
Brawl: 3 stock per match
- Time Limit: 8:00 minutes, 10:00 for Semi-Finals and Finals. Higher stock/lower percent determines the winner if time runs out. If exact stock-% draw at the end of match, another 1 stock match is played to determine winner.
- Items: Off.
- Matches Per Set: Best 2 out of 3. Winners’ finals, Losers’ finals, and Grand Finals played best 3 out of 5.
- Set Style: Advanced slobs. First match is random stage. The loser chooses the stage for the following match. The winner then chooses his character for said match. Following this, the loser gets to counterpick their character, and the match is played.
- Blind Picks: If players cannot agree on a match-up to play their first match, a 3rd party may be called in. Both players secretly tell the 3rd party which character they will use, and they are forced to use that character. This allows for no possibility for character counter-picks on the first match.
- Stage deletion: If both players agree, each may ban 1 stage for the whole set.
- Dave’s Stupid Rule: While counter-picking a stage, a player may not select the stage on which he last won.

Doubles: Double elimination. Pot is divided 70/30 for 1st and 2nd place, respectively.
- Lives: Melee: 4 stock per player
Brawl: 3 stock per player
- Time Limit: 8:00 minutes, 10:00 for Semi-Finals and Finals. If exact stock-% draw at the end of match, play the Super Sudden Death.
- Items: Off.
- Friendly Fire: On
- Life Stealing: Allowed
- Matches Per Set: Best 2 out of 3. Winners’ finals, Losers’ finals, and Grand Finals played best 3 out of 5.

SSB64: Doubles and Singles:
- Stages banned are Yoshi's Island, Saffron City, Mushroom Kingdom and Sector Z due to cloud, piller and edge camps.
- 64 controllers will be provided.
- 5 stock, life stealing is allowed in doubles.

Crews:
- General BC gameplay rules apply.
- No switching characters between matches unless both teams decide to allow character changes otherwise before the full set begins.
- Stock carries over, not %
- Character counter-picks are allowed only when a new player is entering
- Starting characters must be chosen by double blinds
- Player starting must be decided ahead of time and stays the same throughout the tourney
- No set player order after the starters
- One stage ban per team

Stages will be set at a later date.

Location - The Xzone
335 Banks Rd, Kelowna

From Vernon/Lakeview
Follow Highway 97 (which is the only road that comes from Vernon) and eventually you’ll cross Highway 33 and Highway 97 we change into Harvey. (It’s the same road) Keep going down Harvey, turn left on Banks Road (there’s a Wall Mart on the right, when you see it, the next street is Banks, where you turn) Xzone will be in the lot on the left once you’re on Banks. Second entrance from the far right of that building. (you’ll see the sign)

From Peachland/Westbank
Go across the bridge and stay on that road. That road is Harvey and eventually you’ll pass Orchard Park Mall. Turn right on Banks Road which is slightly past the mall and on your left will be a parking lot. The second entrance from the far right is Xzone (you’ll see the sign)

From Greyhound Station
The station is on Leckie. Walk to the end of the street and turn left at the lights which would be on Harvey(Highway 97). Walk to the next set of lights which would be Banks Road and turn right to cross the Highway. Xzone will be in the lot across the street and is the second last entrance in the lot on the right. (you'll see the sign)

For more information, contact:

James (Dynamism, that's me, on SWF) @ inkyjr@hotmail.com or (250) 860-5549
or
Jeff (Xzone staff) @ http://xzoneelounge.ca/ or (250) 448-9007

CONFIRMATION LIST!!!

2 or more 64 set ups, 3 or more melee set ups and 4 or more Brawl set ups.

*confirmed 100%
rest confirmed but the might, might not kind of way

Attendance
*Dynamism
*Lib3r4t3
ArtZero
*Trozz
*Cake
*Matt
JoE-Riot
*jugfingers
*O HAi
*Flash
Zair
*Dave
*Saki
*Zyfe
TMDubs
*Hotztuph
*Cproce
Ben (other 2 from the Vernon crew possible)
~The Jacer~
Commins
Chenchen
Rod
Erin (my old teamate in 64 from 4 years ago yay!)

Some random people I've never seen that said they're coming
Ken
Blain
Aeriel
Richard
Micheal
Adam
Mark
Glenn

If you think you will attend, let me know by email. Thanks :D

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
That's a good thing I suppose, means you wont steal our local money, yayz! lol
I'll hold you to that too, no coming down for the tourneys in the future, if you do, you don't get prize money. Deal?
jkz I'm just razzing you haha

Edit: It's 2 days, so anybody who doesn't want to go home (from far away) can spend the night there playing smash (trozz) lol

Clouderz

Smash Ace
That's a good thing I suppose, means you wont steal our local money, yayz! lol
I'll hold you to that too, no coming down for the tourneys in the future, if you do, you don't get prize money. Deal?
jkz I'm just razzing you haha

Edit: It's 2 days, so anybody who doesn't want to go home (from far away) can spend the night there playing smash (trozz) lol

well Most1 they drove me 4 hours down to kelowna, and i made like what, 110$? not saying it was bad, it was an awesome tourney and i had lots of fun, but i odnt think their gonna drive me another 4 hours for that XP

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
That might change, I actually think 64 and melee will be AFTER Brawl on Saturday. Depends how many people are interested down the stretch. And that's what I thought David, that's why I don't expect you to come here until this thing grows and is regularly decent. ;P

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
AKA, no fur johns
(inside joke)
Lmao, Tim told me about that.

I'll bring Melee setup, (NEW GC AND MELEE! WOOT, NO MORE DRE!) And a Brawl setup too. Put me on repeat, not newly. D: I waaaas theeerrerererererererere!

Also, I maaaay not be there for Brawl. Melee and 64 confirmed, but Brawl is a maaaybe. If I can camp at your place for the night, James, I'll be able to make both for sure.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
My bad AJ
And yeah, Xzone will probably have everyone over night IF it becomes 2 day. I still would rather do 1 day. I have over a month to decide so whatever.
And bus Yakal you lazy ***
lol jkz
but no, I will not do that.

Trozz

Smash Ace
I'll go to the day brawl happens. I'll do what I usually do and decide on a doubles partner when I get there.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
But..... but.... D:

lol, Fine. But can I if we have like, a 3 stock lead and they are busy fighting you or rying to get back to the stage or something?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
*Thread updated*

Um, you can taunt when I taunt. It depends though, there are a few people that want to teamziez with me right now. Since Daltsy is gone I'm teamziezless so I have to make my Daltsy replacement choice wisely. ;P

And in Brawl, that's a whole other question! I don't know what I'll do yet :O

64 doubles too, fun fun!

unityole

Smash Lord
well i'll go to this tourney, i'll somehow bring yakal with me for carpool if possible... and find our way back.. RIGFT YAKAL? lol

so james i'll have a smashfest mid of week... so.. teh plan!

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
You seriously Jack!? :O
I don't think that'll work man, I can't make it to Van mid week anymore...I got something that I haven't had for a decade... a day job... >_<

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I know it's gross..

Sorry AJ, that's the day of my LAST SHOW with !nkblot cause my bro (guitarist in band) and dad are travelling for 2 months after that so we wont have gigs after that for a while. Pretty much come October, I'm very free, other than everything else I do... like work, which is new, and pretty much takes up the empty space that !nkblot will leave in my time just in time to not let me have any free time again. >_>

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Maybe, that's too far ahead to know. What would the date be?
If it's thanks giving ish no, possibly no for music reasons. Again, wait until mid October and I'll contact you lol.

But it's possible that date so I'll let you know yes

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
buuuuuuuump!

btw, the turn out to this thing is looking to be much bigger than MOST1. I don't even know how because I haven't even done much to get the word out. I'm pretty sure that everyone that goes to the Xzone or went to the tourney told everyone else about it and they're all showing up. Jeff was telling me that someone new comes in almost every second day saying they can't wait for the tourney. I'm almost thinking this is becoming AWESOME...you know?

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Aww, no TC6? Any way I can get together with you before MOST2? I REALLY need to get rid of all this rust and get my mindgames back. As for the turnout, holy smokes. That's great news. Do you know who from Vancity might be coming as well?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I have no idea who any of these people are but they're apparently coming haha.
I haven't really invited anyone or put the word out, it's just happening :D

unityole

Smash Lord
I have no idea who any of these people are but they're apparently coming haha.
I haven't really invited anyone or put the word out, it's just happening :D
u need to get them (unknown smashers) post here so you can attract more players!

Top Bottom