• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most used characters before and after you inplemented Advanced Techniques?

Myst007_teh_newb

Smash Journeyman
A really interesting question popped into my head not too long ago:

"Do people still play the same characters once they've been exposed to advanced tactics?"

Obviously, for the most part, the answer can't be 'yes', seeing the sheer number of Foxes and Falcos out there, but the question still remains, nonetheless. Do people completely abandon their former "Best" characters once advanced tactics take their place in the gamer's play, or do they still play them every so often and apply advanced tactics to them?

I, for one, used to always play as Doc before I was exposed to advanced tactics. Once I learned them, I naturally started implementing them to all sorts of different characters. Fast-forward two years and I don't main as Doc anymore, obviously. I do, however, still use him as a secondary choice, right after Fox.

Feel free to post what your mains were before and after exposure to advanced tactics.

Edg

Smash Cadet
falco before and falco after. Don't know why I like him so much. When i was a noob his fsmash pretty much owned cpus, and hes still high tier for AT play. Ive been liking fox alot more lately though.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I pretty much play everybody except Fox, Marth, Pichu, and Mewtwo. Techs make everyone playable.

A5modeu5

Smash Cadet
i used to play doc and now i am using falco and marth but still the doc because he is really good with all the advanced techniques.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I used to play fox before i learned some of the advanced techniques. Now i play peach and use advanced techniques with all my characters.

Cheers.

pdk

Smash Lord
i was all about samus since the 64 days, these days it's mostly dk/puff/falcon

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I used to main Mewtwo before advanced techniques. Don't main him anymore, but i still play him.. :) Probably my 2nd best character now, after Zelda.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I started out as Samus, and started playing as Marth when I realized that his sword is broken. But when I actually learned advanced techniques, I started playing Samus again. Go figure.

Banks

Smash Hero
wow thats gay^ jiggs and ic's are chars for non technical nooblys who want to wobble or rest gay. thats why THEY GOOD

Superstar

Smash Champion
Before the techs, I was all Mario. That's it Mario.

After the techs, I improved my Mario's game. Soon, I picked up Samus, Fox, Link, and Pikachu, with Mario still as my main. In order, from my best to worst.

Mario, Pikachu, Samus, Fox, Link

Maintaining these characters is difficult, as their styles are very different. But they are oh so fun to use. Link is the character I practice the least.

i used to play mario, now i dont anymore. mario sucks
It actually depends. Mario is based more on combos. He can do them quite well, however, he has no kill moves and short range. However, everyone has their own opinion on each character. Maybe Mario does not have what you are looking for.

I dare you to see Eggz's, The Cape's, and Brown Mario's Mario. :D I've only seen a few of Eggz's, and several of Brown Mario. I hear The Cape is good, but I disgress.

J Flo

Smash Journeyman
Before learning advanced techniques, I used Luigi, Pikachu, and sometimes Link.

After: Samus, Falco, Sheik, sometimes I'll go back to my early days and use Luigi and Link.

Zone

Smash Champion
I play Every character available to me except: G&W, Roy, Ness, IC, Luigi, and Y.link.

Jiggly puff Rulez

Smash Master
Before the advanced techs, I played Marth and Sheik, as I'd expect most people would, especially those who main them now, and a lot of people do. When I learned the advanced techs, I found that I could perform combos with other characters, and I now main Fox and secondary IC's, because Wobbling is stupidly broken.

Myztek

Smash Ace
Before: Mained Captain Falcon, Fox, and occasionally Falco after someone showed me how good his spike was.

After: I main Falco, secondary Fox, and play Falcon still, but I wouldn't call him tournament worthy, and I now play Marth (I'm working on him) and Donkey Kong.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
interesting thread. I played as a fair few characters before Yoshi, Ice climbers, peach and Roy. Now I play as Dr Mario. It's a shame to see people choosing fox because the tier list said so :ohwell:

Lunytunes4.4

Smash Journeyman
before i learned advance stuff i used link now im fox,shiek,falco,dr.mario[ just picked him up yesterday]:) ,and marth but i still use link a bit now i use advance tatics with him though:grin:

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
interesting thread. I played as a fair few characters before Yoshi, Ice climbers, peach and Roy. Now I play as Dr Mario. It's a shame to see people choosing fox because the tier list said so :ohwell:
Not everyone is using Fox because of the tier list, I've been using fox long before I learned how to do any of the advance techniques. He's just been a personal favorite of mine and plus he's just a fun character because of his speed move set.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
I was kirby, when I used to play 3 way melee (because of SSB64).

Then I was link when I played 1v1. For some reason I then used Doc. I learned advanced techs with doc, and he is still by far my best character. I can use everyone (with the exception of IC, who I just never use) to beat semi-n00bs, but my fox, mewtwo, and G&W are decent.

Top Bottom