• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most used characters before and after you inplemented Advanced Techniques?

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Before advanced techniques, I mained Fox for two or three years. Then I decided to main as Mewtwo. I played as Mewtwo for about two months before I learned of advanced techniques and such. Now I main Mewtwo all alone without changing up at all. If I come up against my absolute worst match up or my best, I still won't change. I am not half bad with Fox though, but not one of my other characters is anywhere near my Mewtwo skill wise.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Before advanced techs, I usually mained Yoshi. Now, I use Luigi, and Doctor Mario. I still use Yoshi as one of my mains, just not as much as the other two. I am also starting to develop my Ice Climbers.

Soma

Smash Journeyman
I mained Fox since the 64, and I still do but my secondary characters have changed quite a bit since learning advanced techs. I used to play shiek and Marth, but now I use Ganon and Jiggs. But lately I've been picking Shiek back up.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
advanced techniques havnt really changed my character choices. they actually just help me play at a must faster pace. why change characters jus because u learned advanced techniques?

anyway, characters i used before i learned ---

fox
mario
young link

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yea before i learned about them i used to play as samus and thought i was the shiz cause i could hit people with the big blue beam.. and i could use items too really well haha :chuckle:

Then after learning advanced techniques i went through the character search stage and wanted to see what felt right

Final Verdict
Boozer
GAW
Occasional Flaco

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Before: Peach, Peach, Peach and Peach
After: Peach, Peach, Peach and Kirby

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Before: All Samus, all the time, everyone else was just a chore to play as.
After: Suddenly, other characters could actually be fun, so picked up Falco, Marth, Icys, Ganon, Luigi, Ness, and Mr. G&W.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Before: Mario...

Now:Ness,Link, Y. Link, Doc, Samus, Mario, Doc, Shiek and Falco, Luigi, Marth, Roy and sometimes Bowser and Game and Watch.

Basically when I learned the advanced techs, I just use them on characters...I never really played with.

Kada

Smash Journeyman
On the very week I first played smash, I played Roy. But soon after that I picked up Marth, and I played only Marth, no one else. I was a f-smash spamming, counter spamming noob for three and a half years.

Four years, with about 6 months of advanced techniques later, I still main Marth, but a much better Marth. I've also thrown in Gannondorf, Falco, Mewtwo, Bowser and I even picked up Roy again.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
After I heard about advanced techs, I just wandered around, my main changing "like the wind."

For some reason I gravitated to lower tier'd chars-- GAW, Pika, luigi, ylink were once my mains, replacing Doc and Samus.

Now, my main is back to Samus, second to Ness.

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
From the start, before I knew any advanced stuff, I liked all the higher tiers. Fox, Marth and Shiek...this is how it went.
Before: Link(ditched him), Marth(ditched him), Fox
After: Learned advanced while using Fox. So now I'm used to doing everything with him so I mained him. And then, I use Marth as a secondary. SHFFL nair is just...so amusing. Love that move.

Randomg

Smash Apprentice
Fox, fox. Seemed to have the most potential to me from the beginning, I guess the internet agrees with me finally.

Top Bottom