• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Recent Tier list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion

1. Fox
2. Falco

High

3. Sheik
4. Marth
5. Peach

Middle

6. Captain Falcon
7. Ice Climbers
8. Samus
9. Dr. Mario
10. Jigglypuff
11. Mario
12. Ganondorf

Low

13. Link
14. Luigi
15. Donkey Kong
16. Roy
17. Young Link
18. Pikachu

Bottom

19. Yoshi
20. Zelda
21. Mr. Game and Watch
22. Ness
23. Bowser
24. Kirby
25. Pichu
26. Mewtwo

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
wait wait i thought it shanged and sheik was higher than falco.. and that jiggly was even higher than iceclimbers... because of mango...

CKaiser

Smash Apprentice
You can't just change the tier list every time a player is good with a character. I'm gonna go ahead and say that mango is mostly mind games and that it has very little to do with the character

White Assassin

Smash Cadet
yeah i would also say that top tier is shiek, fox and marth, and falco should be high tier, rest is relativeley ok, it´s boring to discuss this.

why isn´t there a sticky thread with the actalest tier list???
the last list is of 2006...

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Most people don't think this tier list is accurate anymore. Marth and Sheik are usually regarded better than Falco.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
it should be something like this:
- Sheik
- Fox
- Marth
- Falco
- C. Falcon
- Peach

I'd really like to see the Tier list as follows:
- Fox
- Sheik
- Marth
- Falco
- C. Falcon
- Peach

Fox is still too dominate imo. Man, i miss Melee : (

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I agree with janitor, Falco should be lower.

-Fox
-Sheik
-Marth
-Falco
-Peach
-C.Falcon

Grunt

Smash Master
well yeah, that's about why. what about Jiggs? i never realized she was under Samus and Doc., i though she was under IC. :ohwell:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
pink reaper is correct.

after that should go
-Falcon
-IC's

then Samus or Jigglypuff, that's iffy.

but yeah, if we're going by how good the character is used by humans instead of character potential... marth should be top.

Jun.

Smash Lord
people are so good with any of the high and top tiers that it really depends on the player. Mango recently beat down plenty of the best at Pound with his jiggs i believe.

battousai555

Smash Ace
people are so good with any of the high and top tiers that it really depends on the player. Mango recently beat down plenty of the best at Pound with his jiggs i believe.
How does that relate to the topic?

On topic: for a new tier list, wouldn't we need statistics (tourney results)?

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
You guys can't just put Falco that low because there aren't really any more falco players to show for.

Thing is with these tier lists you guys first think of how well players do with their characters and then the character.

Falco is still an unstoppable beam of light that combos to no end even if not as many people choose to play him as fox or marth.

Although I do agree that Marth play style has changed dramaticaly since meele started making him possibly second

Rampage

vx
Yeah why are you putting down the blue bird? Keep him where he is and move marth into the top tier

btw weegee should be above doc...

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Falco's recovery is what keeps him from being top tier. He's the only high tier character that can be killed at 40%. Also, you have to keep in mind that Tier Lists are half tourney results, half character potential, and Falco doesn't really seem to have top tier for either. He's definitely a great character, his SHL allows for great stage control and his Shine Combo's can rack up damage quickly, but he has the bad combination of being light, a fast faller and having one of the worst(if not the worst) recovery in the game.

Luigi and Doc are sort of neck and neck right now, but Luigi "Could" be higher than Doc seeing as how absolutely no one seems to play him anymore(Even if the Doc boards are the most alive of the Melee character Specific)

Under Weegee/Doc I'd probably go DK, Mario, Gannon, Link. Definitely those four, probably with DK up top, but Im just not sure which specific order to go in. Keep in mind this is all just my opinion, so none of it is really worth anything >.>

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Falco's recovery is what keeps him from being top tier. He's the only high tier character that can be killed at 40%. Also, you have to keep in mind that Tier Lists are half tourney results, half character potential, and Falco doesn't really seem to have top tier for either. He's definitely a great character, his SHL allows for great stage control and his Shine Combo's can rack up damage quickly, but he has the bad combination of being light, a fast faller and having one of the worst(if not the worst) recovery in the game.
I wouldn't say Falco is overrated because of his bad recovery. His recovery isn't all that bad actually, it can be tricky sometimes to edgeguard him.

Falco should be moved down because most players are too used to Falco now. People have learned how to DI out of his combos, get out of shield locks (WD out of shield, thanks M2K LOL), get around lasers (powershield / platform camping)... etc. I find it really hard to approach with Falco sometimes, especially against Marth / Fox / Sheik. I get very scared of dash dance grab / shield grab from them and I have a hard time catching up to Fox / Sheik because they have such good platform games =/

I'd say tier list is

Marth
Fox
Sheik
Falco

High

Peach
Falcon
Jiggs
IC
Samus

or something like that LOL

Dark_Crono

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't say Falco is overrated because of his bad recovery. His recovery isn't all that bad actually, it can be tricky sometimes to edgeguard him.

Falco should be moved down because most players are too used to Falco now. People have learned how to DI out of his combos, get out of shield locks (WD out of shield, thanks M2K LOL), get around lasers (powershield / platform camping)... etc. I find it really hard to approach with Falco sometimes, especially against Marth / Fox / Sheik. I get very scared of dash dance grab / shield grab from them and I have a hard time catching up to Fox / Sheik because they have such good platform games =/

I'd say tier list is

Marth
Fox
Sheik
Falco

High

Peach
Falcon
Jiggs
IC
Samus

or something like that LOL
why sheik is below fox and marth?... she can be as untouchable as those two..

DragonBlade

Smash Journeyman
Is there still a point of a list based on personal opinion when you have a more solid way to do it like this: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=100240. Even if this may not take into account every variable, it seems much better than having people vote. With more data and larger sample sizes it would become more and more accurate, while personal opinion would always be uncertain.

UberBlackCleric

Smash Cadet
The problem with the Mathematically Calculated Tier List is that it uses the Phanna Match Up Chart, which to this day isn't exactly considered correct.

???????

Smash Journeyman
Don't be naive, this tier list is fine, and although there may be some things you disagree with, attempt to understand why these decisions were made in the first place; assume nothing, know what you’re talking about.

DragonBlade

Smash Journeyman
The problem with the Mathematically Calculated Tier List is that it uses the Phanna Match Up Chart, which to this day isn't exactly considered correct.
Is anyone working on fixing that then? Seems like the mathematical method should be the way to go.

Rampage

vx
Here's what I think

Top:
Fox
Marth
Falco (barely)

High:
Sheik
Peach
Captain falcon

Middle: