• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Intelligent Charater in brawl *Update 2!* SAKI IS A BOY!

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Psychics are mostly brain power, they are powerful mentally, but they would still need to apply that power correctly to get a good IQ, that's why jeff is smarter. and you can measure how smart your character is by the stuff they themselves figure out, if the puzzle is too hard for the player to figure by themselves, then the character is smarter than the player (getting through a puzzle in metroid by looking at the clues), or if the character does something the player cannot control and is good evidence toward intelligence (snake's codec talks)

so zelda might give help to link through clues, but you could just darn well figure out the puzzle without all the help zelda games give you

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
by the way (ok first, i'm a zelda main, i love zelda, and zelda was my first series, home series, and favorite series), wisdom and intelligence are not always the same thing.

zelda is definitely one of the WISEST characters, but in intelligence, while certainly smarter than the majority, is not in the very top.

for instance, if she were very intelligent, she would be able to avoid major problems like ganondorf. instead, she is very wise, so rather than being able to prevent problems, she is very good at choosing the best response.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
yeah, and my whole argument was that having the triforce of wisdom does not give zelda superhuman intellegence, ganondorf is a giant pig beast originally the triforce did not cause that, and is not a good justification for calling her smart because of some superintellegence triangle.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
yeah, and my whole argument was that having the triforce of wisdom does not give zelda superhuman intellegence, ganondorf is a giant pig beast originally the triforce did not cause that, and is not a good justification for calling her smart because of some superintellegence triangle.
it does help quite a bit, actually... but it doesn't really add much "intelligence". mostly just "wisdom". :p

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
I'd like to point out that this debate is mostly about the character's canon games, and therefore should not be affected by non-canon thing like the smash bros. game itself, meaning all powers the characters have specifically in smash should not be considered, R.O.B. would be that scientist's assistant at the most, otherwise, he's a slow moving , light reading, top spinning accessory, and MG&W a sprite.

side note: The triforces have been shown to give the following powers, but all of them have also been debated upon whether or not the triforce gave this power or not

Power: Immortality, the ability to escape powerful magic

Courage: ability to destroy ganon's magic, gives the master sword enough power to kill ganon

Widom: gives user mighty magic powers including the ability to change physical appearance (sheik), the ability to use magic spells, teleportation, precognation, and energy projection, also it gives the user the ability to heal (midna's revival by zelda)

Puddin

Smash Lord
Link/ToonLink know how to use a boomerang, bombs, bow&arrows, and a sword (AND MORE=0) and have masteries at all of them they also went through some of the hardest dungeons EVAR!.
Anyone could use any of those things maybe not as well but w/e , plus Navi probably lowers their IQ by 50 points, I know she lowered mine HEY! HEY HEY HEY HEY!!!! PRESS C TO USE THE OCARINA jee thanks Navi....

Olimars intelligence is debatable, He repaired his space ship but it was mediocre to begin with =\ he uses his Pikmin to solve puzzles but I guess he has to figure them out first. Plus he's a pretty big coward. If Zelda is so smart why doesn't she just use her warp thing to run away from Ganondorf? And if Link were smart at all he'd be able to speak an understandable language...

Brandon72196

Smash Apprentice
Anyone could use any of those things maybe not as well but w/e , plus Navi probably lowers their IQ by 50 points, I know she lowered mine HEY! HEY HEY HEY HEY!!!! PRESS C TO USE THE OCARINA jee thanks Navi....
SOOOOO most people can master, and have perfect accuracy for a weapon AS SOON as they pick it up okkkkaayyyy.
Yea i agree navi was frigging annoying LOOK! HEY HEY HEY!!!!!1111one but she dint lower there IQ.
@everyone who says they are stupid because they dont talk..
FFS its the type of game... They are SILENT and if you even played most of the zelda games you see people respond with the things they would say EG: What do you want. You want to see The Great Deku Tree?.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
Shouldn't zelda be on there? she does have the triforce of wisdom.
Edit: Meleemaster, wisdom is not the same thing as inteligence, but it does lend itself to inteligence greatly. great wisdom will make you much smarter.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Shouldn't zelda be on there? she does have the triforce of wisdom.
Edit: Meleemaster, wisdom is not the same thing as inteligence, but it does lend itself to inteligence greatly. great wisdom will make you much smarter.
That sir would require a double facepalm

killbeast301

Smash Lord
Uh, yeah. Zelda is wise. Wisdom is has a more direct relationship to intelligence than IQ. IQ is merely how intelligent you may be, given so much experience and/or study. A 5 year old can have a high IQ, but he is not highly intelligent.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Ever hear the phrase "Stay silent and be thought a fool, open your mouth and remove all doubt"?
Ever hear the phrase "Elsexcuse me Princess?"
You just proved Invicible's pointXD LOL

I'd have to say the most intelligent Character would have to be Zelda/Sheik.

I don't need to restate what has been said already about the triforce of wisdom.
And she seems to be just naturally intelligent as well. Technical ability is not the exact same thing as intelligence,or I'd put Samus. (and she's still pretty high up there regardless)

Link's natural prowess for weapons of any kind is amazing as well.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Uh, yeah. Zelda is wise. Wisdom is has a more direct relationship to intelligence than IQ. IQ is merely how intelligent you may be, given so much experience and/or study. A 5 year old can have a high IQ, but he is not highly intelligent.
The double facepalm was for the argument that zelda is smart cause "she has the triforce of wisdom". It does not even give her wisdom, it gave her magic, courage gave link the ability to defeat the ultimate evil, and power gave ganon immortality and powerful magic.

wisdom = the ability to make the right choice purposefully. zelda is wise because she can make the best choice for her country, but she is not intelligent enough to prevent ganon from continuously kidnapping her.

IQ measures mental age compared to chronological age, this discussion is about the most intelligent character in brawl, as in overall intelligence. a newborn with a intelligence of a 5 year old has a high IQ, and might lead to them having a crazy big intelligence. BUT a 5 year old intelligence is less than a 6 year old intelligence. zelda is not smarter than most her age.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
each character knows different things, you just need to compare wisdom to tactical knowledge to technological knowledge to certain experience and so forth. Some intelligences have greater weight than others, some characters have different levels of the same intelligence, and some characters have more than one intelligence. Compare those, and you have your ranks.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Wario is based off of americans, therefore he is stupid

JK, this is what the mario wiki has on him:

"Wario's not as dumb as he appears to be since he makes WarioWare games and can fly a plane. In fact, he may actually be very skilled at electronics, as he made a dimensional teleporter in a few seconds. He also constructed the Mario Kart 64 race track Wario Stadium. The reason why many assume he is a bonehead is that he is hot-headed, clumsy, and sometimes forgets his common sense."

So he is an ingenious inventor who easily looses focus and common sense by aggression and greed. he would most likely loose any tactical thought while he is actually fighting people due to the fact that all these things make him act so ********.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Apparently, Samus did not build her own suit, the chozo did, and she didn't build her ship, a custom made gift from the galactic federation thingy. Despite her lack of construction knowledge, she knows how to pilot her ship well, and is the only human with the ancient knowledge of the chozo. So she didn't build her own stuff, but she has ancient super technology secrets no one else has.

Dohz

Smash Cadet
The Chozo were the most intelligent and technologically advanced race in the Universe. They raised Samus since she was 3 and infused her with Chozo blood giving her enhanced physical and mental capabilities. Also, she did design her ship in Metroid Prime 3 which is the most useful ship out of all her adventures. It takes a lot of intelligence to unravel the mysteries of deceased civilizations through scanning objects, structures, flora and fauna and piece the information together to uncover answers. She is able to quickly dodge and strafe out of enemy fire presuming a level of combat intelligence. She also fuses with alien technology and knows how to use them immediately and effectively. Samus is highly intelligent.

And Snake is highly intelligent too with a 180 IQ and all.

Darkurai

Smash Master
THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERS ARE LISTED IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER, AND ARE MERELY STATING THEIR NITELLIGENCE RATHER THAN RANKING THEM

Mario
Mario has a PhD in medicine, as well as being a plumber, professional golfer, baseball player, tennis player, soccer player, a teacher, a hero, a fighter, janitor, airplane pilot, submarine pilot, kart racer, biker, etc. The man can do every job under the sun and do it well. It takes intelligence to know how to do all that.

Link
Most incarnations of Link start out as just a boy who's never really done anything extraordinary in his life. Suddenly one day, he's thrown into battle with a hundred different weapons that he's able to use perfectly within three seconds of obtaining them. Smart enough to learn how to use a weapon just by watching it float in the air in front of you.

Kirby
Copy ability. He knows everything his opponents know and more.

Pikachu
Sure, he's a Pokémon. Sure, he can't speak english. But then, Pokémon do not learn english as their first language and english is said to be the hardest language to learn as a second language. Perhaps Pikachu simply doesn't have the time or doesn't want to put in the effort. That said, Pikachu is likely to be the Pichu from the last game. Why? He knows Volt Tackle, and has the goggles that Pichu had in Melee. Volt Tackle is an attack that can only be learned in the Pichu evolutionary stage. Pichu decided that he was not strong enough, so he learned a strong attack, Volt Tackle, and worked to evolve. Pichu in the Pokémon games cannot evolve unless they have a trainer, yet this Pichu managed to find a way.

Princess Zelda/Sheik
Triforce of Wisdom. Sure, perhaps the Triforce doesn't grant her infinite wisdom. I never said it did. When the Door of Time is opened, the Triforce is split into three parts; Power, Wisdom, and Courage (unless there is the extremely unlikely scenario of the person opening the Door having the perfect balance of each). The three parts then enter the bodies of the people in the world that most personify them. The Triforce of Power went to Ganondorf, the great King of Evil who overthrew Hyrule. The Triforce of Courage went to Link, a little boy who, against all odds, willingly fought to save the land from darkness. The Triforce of Wisdom went to Zelda.

Princess Peach
Little is known about Peach's intelligence. She has been shown doing many of the sports that Mario does, so her intelligence may be closer to his. However, being kidnapped by the same person again and again and again leaves some to be questioned.

Samus
Samus was raised by the Chozo, bird people who's lives (as shown in the logs in the Metroid Prime series) revolved around knowledge. The Chozo wished nothing but to learn. Surely growing up with them Samus must have learned a great deal of what they know.

Mr. Game and Watch
Game and Watch is an enigma. He has been shown doing many things in the Game and Watch games. Many argue that he is just a sprite, but he is a character as well. A character intelligent enough to do a multitude of jobs.

Toon Link
He's Link. Except he's also a sailor and a musician.

Wolf
Head of the Star Wolf team, designed the Wolfen, and figured out how to survive being shot down in space.
In space.

Wario
Contrary to popular belief, Wario is actually quite intelligent. CEO of the WarioWare company, designs video games, able to repair a bike which he keeps in his pocket, and managed to build a dimensional transporter in a matter of seconds using spare items around his living room.

Yoshi
There is actually little insight on Yoshi's intelligence. There's little to say that he is intelligent, and little to say he's not. Yoshi is unknown as of this point.

Pokémon Trainer
Ten years old and manages to be able to survive on his own on a journey, finding food and shelter on said journey and also providing his Pokémon with food. Assumed to know survival skills, possibly from boy scouts.

Pit
An angel from Heaven. Heaven, the kingdom of God. God, the almighty all-knowing entity. Pit is commander of Palutena's army, so he must be fairly intelligent to be able to lead the army of the heavens.

Olimar
Able to rebuild his space ship with nothing more than the help of sentient plantlife. Also makes scientific records of the creatures on the planet during the Pikmin game.

Ness
I've never played Earthbound, so I can't say anything about Ness.

Meta Knight
Leader of the Meta Knights. Designed the Halberd. Extremely skilled with the sword. Made his cape able to turn into wings.

Marth
I've never played Fire Emblem or Fire Emblem 3, so I can't say anything about Marth.

Luigi
For the most part on par with his brother, however he's not shown to have a PhD in medicine.

Lucas
I've never played Mother 3, so I can't say anything about Lucas.

Lucario
Able to speak english (without moving his mouth for that matter). Able to use an attack that doesn't exist. Little else can be said.

Ganondorf
Great King of Evil. Conquered the kingdom of Hyrule four times (perhaps more if I'm not remembering them all). Manipulated Zant to take over the Twilight Realm and Hyrule again. Manipulated the Ancient Minister to suck the world into Subspace.

Bowser
Conquers the Mushroom Kingdom with an army of Goombas and Koopa Troopas. Built a flying castle. Managed to tape a Magikoopa onto a story book to steal the Star Rod. And it worked. Built a galaxy.

Jigglypuff
Never seems to realize that its singing is what puts people to sleep. However, is very talented at drawing mustaches.

Ike
Fights for his friends. Leads the Crimean army to defeat the Daein army which is superior to them in almost every way. Able to convince the Empress of Begnion to help save a country that is for all intents and purposes dead.

Ice Climbers
Managed to find a mountain with vegetables growing on it. However, they actually cared enough to do this.

Fox
Leader of the StarFox team. Operates the Arwing. Hears magical voices in his head while on Sauria for the first time. Does a barrel roll.

Falco
Is completely useless during actual fights in StarFox 64. Acts as though he's better than Fox when he manages to crash into Fox killing him.

Donkey Kong
Shown to live a life not too dissimilar to that of a human. Can operate a gun made of wood and coconuts. Knows how to play the bongos. Well-dressed.

Diddy Kong
Uses a jetpack made of wood. A jetpack that uses fire for propulsion. A wooden jetpack.

Dedede
Mechanized his hammer. Built a castle on a mountain. Knew better than to be the one to take Kirby's dessert in Squeek Squad.

Captain Falcon
God is all-knowing. Thus Captain Falcon knows everything.

Snake
Has an IQ of 180. Knows how to use a multitude of weapons in batle and uses them effectively.

Sonic
Makes stupid jokes at inappropriate times. Doesn't know how to swim. Races with a flying snowboard when he's fricking Sonic the Hedgehog.

R.O.B.
The Ancient Minister. Assumed to have designed the Subspace Bomb. Leads the robots of the Island of the Ancients.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
see, that's what i don't get, wario is as sporadic as Mr. G&W, and wario can pull a bike out of his pocket and build an airplane in seconds. but Mr. G&W pulls stuff out of nowhere all the time, does this mean that G&W builds every object right before he uses them? I think that just the fact he defies the laws of nature is reason enough to discredit him building some stuff, except his teleporter, which was essential to the plot of his game... I don't know.

Abramovici

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't say advanced wars should be on the dumb AT list, mainly because they fight with a lot of strategy in AW games.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Also, how is stafy on the top 5 stupidest ATs?

Yeah, I know Sea stars technically don't have brains, but his intelligence is left pretty ambiguous in the games.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
"Pikachu
Sure, he's a Pokémon. Sure, he can't speak english. But then, Pokémon do not learn english as their first language and english is said to be the hardest language to learn as a second language. Perhaps Pikachu simply doesn't have the time or doesn't want to put in the effort. That said, Pikachu is likely to be the Pichu from the last game. Why? He knows Volt Tackle, and has the goggles that Pichu had in Melee. Volt Tackle is an attack that can only be learned in the Pichu evolutionary stage. Pichu decided that he was not strong enough, so he learned a strong attack, Volt Tackle, and worked to evolve. Pichu in the Pokémon games cannot evolve unless they have a trainer, yet this Pichu managed to find a way. "

Well, Meowth learned english, so he is smarter, plus he always builds stuff for team rocket.

Darkurai

Smash Master
"Pikachu
Sure, he's a Pokémon. Sure, he can't speak english. But then, Pokémon do not learn english as their first language and english is said to be the hardest language to learn as a second language. Perhaps Pikachu simply doesn't have the time or doesn't want to put in the effort. That said, Pikachu is likely to be the Pichu from the last game. Why? He knows Volt Tackle, and has the goggles that Pichu had in Melee. Volt Tackle is an attack that can only be learned in the Pichu evolutionary stage. Pichu decided that he was not strong enough, so he learned a strong attack, Volt Tackle, and worked to evolve. Pichu in the Pokémon games cannot evolve unless they have a trainer, yet this Pichu managed to find a way. "

Well, Meowth learned english, so he is smarter, plus he always builds stuff for team rocket.
But Meowth is not in Brawl. Pikachu is.
Also
Perhaps Pikachu simply doesn't have the time or doesn't want to put in the effort.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
see, that's what i don't get, wario is as sporadic as Mr. G&W, and wario can pull a bike out of his pocket and build an airplane in seconds. but Mr. G&W pulls stuff out of nowhere all the time, does this mean that G&W builds every object right before he uses them? I think that just the fact he defies the laws of nature is reason enough to discredit him building some stuff, except his teleporter, which was essential to the plot of his game... I don't know.
well he is a sprite ya know and has the image of a "cartoon" which pull stuff out of nowhere, but I don't know, maybe he does does have such an ability since he's a sprite

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
well he is a sprite ya know and has the image of a "cartoon" which pull stuff out of nowhere, but I don't know, maybe he does does have such an ability since he's a sprite
but then again, wario could only do that stuff as a sprite too...

Charizard92

Smash Champion
On Bowser:
He's smart? Come on, I actually play the Mario games. That guy can't get into his thick head that every time he tries to capture Peach/Take over something, the same guy always beats him up. Come on! No genius is incapable of learning that what they are doing is getting them nowhere and doing something different (in this world at least).

Darkurai

Smash Master
On Bowser:
He's smart? Come on, I actually play the Mario games. That guy can't get into his thick head that every time he tries to capture Peach/Take over something, the same guy always beats him up. Come on! No genius is incapable of learning that what they are doing is getting them nowhere and doing something different (in this world at least).
He built a galaxy.

Zenthewanderer

Smash Apprentice
You win. Thank you for actually realizing how smart Olimar is (and realizing the connention between him and Mario.)

Your ROB evidence is relevant, but this is only seen in Brawl. It really depends on if we're talking about Brawl ROBs or ROBs. ROBs are just toys that react to infrared rays, not even robots. Just light sensors.

Brawl ROBs, however, are actually robots, living in an ancient society. They are intelligent, unlike their toy counterparts.

Zelda and Link are smart indeed. Do you think someone like Jigglypuff would be able to solve all of the puzzles and create boss-defeating strategies like Link? Being a silent hero means nothing; as said, Olimar is a scientist and the only things he says in Pikmin (2) is a deformed, low-pitched "Olimar!" when you switch to him.
Zelda has the Triforce of Wisdom. Discussion ended. Despite not being stupid, I'm not sure if they'd be classified as the smartest.

But that would still only make DK of average intelligence. So he wouldn't be mentioned in this list.
Thank you. I'm glad someone understands. And its nice to hear that someone else knows about Olimar. ^^ Cool.
Also, the first post needs to be updated again. > > R.O.Bs aren't toys in Brawl- nor do they belong on the stupid list. They are highly advanced robotic beings based on the toys bundled with the NES. Sakurai himself described them as such. Thus the repeated use of the phrase 'based on' when they're described. Tabuu himself acknowledged their genius when he threatened them into building weapons for him.
If anyone belongs at the bottom, its Pichu- even if he's only in Melee. Pichu was a baby pokemon. Basically, an infant animal. How much intelligent could it possibly have? It lives by its instincts and displays as much intellect as Jigglypuff. There's nothing wrong with it, but like I said... its a baby animal. ^^"

T-REX!

Smash Apprentice
ROB, being dumber than peach? The artificial intelligence that he has was put to good use in SSE, he thought for himself. He had emotion, too. But peach gets kidnapped all the freaking time!

Top Bottom