• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most idiotic thing you've heard someone say about Brawl?(No Offensive Char. Comments)

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
"Who wants Digimon?"
I do! :chuckle:

I feel bad for Stafy...

EDIT: Oh, that was a joke...huh...

Is there any way to stop in the incoming flood of spam from spammers? I mean, you should have to pay to get in here now, or something, geez...feels to me like people are signing up specifically for the task of spamming.

Oh, and I really do like Digimon...

Darkurai

Smash Master
I do! :chuckle:

I feel bad for Stafy...

EDIT: Oh, that was a joke...huh...

Is there any way to stop in the incoming flood of spam from spammers? I mean, you should have to pay to get in here now, or something, geez...feels to me like people are signing up specifically for the task of spamming.

Oh, and I really do like Digimon...
Pay to post is a bad idea. I can't pay money for this. I'm fourteen years old. My parents control me.

On-topic: "I hear Brawl's name was extended. Now it's 'Super Smash Bros. Brawl: The Subspace Emissary'. That name makes no sense. If I can't trust Sega to give the game a decent name, then I can't trust them to make the game good. It's already bad enough that Naruto is playable. Who's next? Ridley?"
I only wish I made that quote up.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
On-topic: "I hear Brawl's name was extended. Now it's 'Super Smash Bros. Brawl: The Subspace Emissary'. That name makes no sense. If I can't trust Sega to give the game a decent name, then I can't trust them to make the game good. It's already bad enough that Naruto is playable. Who's next? Ridley?"
I only wish I made that quote up
You did. :ohwell:

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
"I hear Brawl's name was extended. Now it's 'Super Smash Bros. Brawl: The Subspace Emissary'. That name makes no sense. If I can't trust Sega to give the game a decent name, then I can't trust them to make the game good. It's already bad enough that Naruto is playable. Who's next? Ridley?"
I only wish I made that quote up.
Wow... Just wow. Seriously folks. I think this one wins the thread. I laughed at the noobiness of that statement. Lol I'll state the things wrong with the post because it's the best idiotic thing ever.

1. He just read that one title for the SSE and thought the name was extended. Lol.

2. Probably one of the biggest mistakes made in that was him saying SEGA was making it. I can not believe this. He probably thought because Sonic was in -.-'. I'll prob main sonic but c'mon.

3. Lol. Hah ha, oh man... Naruto in? He's gotta be kidding. I just, I just can't believe that.

4. Ridley is probably one of the most wanted characters that aren't in so if he had a Smash bone in his body or checked SWF's sigs then he'd know. Seriously who says Ridley would be completely weird? I would like to see him in.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
I say Brawl is going to dominate 2008

Friend says "Yeah right Halo is going to PWN 2008. not Brawl"

I say it came out This year

Friend says "No it didin't."

@__@

Viscano

Smash Apprentice
"Brawl is worse than Halo 3."

Not only is it almost certainly untrue, but that person couldn't have known because this was said in October.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Waluigi's still in! You can be an assist trophy and a playable character! Sakurai didn't say you couldn't! LEAVE WALUIGI ALONE!

Okay, I made up that last bit, and paraphrased a bit, but I totally heard someone trying to convince someone else of that in the library today.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
-They should remove all Pokemon from Brawl because that would make it not a kid's game.
-Brawl's going to suck without blood.
-Brawl is for 6-year-olds because Nintendo made it and it has Pokemon.
-Donkey Kong should be the only character in Brawl
-Super Smash Bros. is not a competitive game because it's not a First-Person Shooter
-Brawl is going to suck because you're going to move your character by pointing at the screen and attack by shaking the controller.

All said by the same person.

-Dr. Mario is going to be in Brawl because he's more of a pimp than Mario

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
Oh yeah, i got one. You guys aren't going to believe this:

My Dad said:
Brawl is going to be the biggest dud of the year.
and then i mentioned about how popular melee is, to show that brawl is going to be even MORE popular:

My Dad said:
Melee is the worst game on the gamecube.
Me said:
Oh Really? If it's the worst gamecube game, how come Smashboards.com, the #1 Smash Brothers forum, has over 80,000 members? Hm?
My Dad said:

owned.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Not to mention Melee is the best selling game on the GameCube. 6 mil copies sold. Halo: CE sold 5 mil and Halo 2 sold 8 mil.

OWN3D.

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
If you want to carry on this ridiculous comparison, there's already a "Will Brawl outsell Halo 3" topic where all these points have been beaten into the ground. Use it.

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
My friend says he likes Halo 3 better, yet he's buying Brawl...
Because people can like more than one game, you know >_> Unless you're telling me that you won't buy any games that don't meet the standards of your favorites, no matter how good they look?

Metalknux

Smash Ace
This was one morning when I didn't have time to check the update.

Me: What was the update?
Friend1: (Can't remember what he said.)
Me: Oh. That's okay, I guess.
*Random subject change* Friend1: Falco sucks, he not gonna be in.
Me: *sigh* Whatever. Captain Falcon's not on there yet, either.
Friend1: Yes he is, the put him on today.
Me: No he's not, I checked the Dojo last night.
Friend1: So? I checked it this morning. He's on the veterans page.
Me: If they put him on the veterans page, they would have told you in the update.
Friend1: They don't have to tell you when they update veterans.
Me: Yeah, they do. They did it for Ice Climbers last week.
Friend1: Well, Captain Falcon's different.
Me: He's not on there.
Friend1: *calls other friend* Isn't Falcon on the veterans page already?
Friend2: Yeah.
Me: No he's not.
Friend2: *laughs* Face it, you're wrong this time.
Me: Okay I'm about to go check it in Technology. I bet you 5 bucks he's not on there.
Friends 1 and 2: Okay. If we win, you have to give each of us two fifty.
Me: If he's not on there, you both have to give me 2.50.

They still never gave me my money.

There's another one too, but I can't remember.

Beamblast

Smash Cadet
"Look, I'm not getting Brawl cause its a good game, I'm getting it so I can see more pics of Zero Suit Samus."

Zeta_Stryker

Smash Rookie
Speaking of idiotic. Most (if not all the topics) of the Brawl MB on GameFAQs are filled with idiotic posts.

V

Totally unrelated to Brawl itself

GameFAQs' drewdaford said:
The Year is 2020
My children are playing Super Smash Bros. Revolution,
They say "come pway wiff us dad!"
I say " What's da game?"
"Smaff Bros." they say
"sounds like fun" I say

20 minutes later

kids are being destroyed
"Come on kids pick up ya sticks, I'm whoopin yo *****!" I say
They get scared

More on topic: Bowser Jr. will be in Brawl somehow

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
"togetic for brawl"

Think I'm joking??? Just look at the character thread on here, it was recently added.....Honestly I had to re-read it a few times to make sure I read it corrrectly...just wow.

Okysho

Smash Ace
I've heard a lot of stupid, sad things...

Ike is replacing Marth

Master Chief for brawl

there should be 150 characters

When does Brawl come out for PS3?

Sonic will never make it into brawl...

DeDeDE is stupid...

WTF! HAlo rip-off! (yes I've heard this)

OMG Why isn't t3h br4wl out n00bs! T3hy s41d 1t would b3 r3l34s3d in Oc70b3r!!! (this is after the E3 confrence announcing the Dec 3rd was the date for brawls release...)

Machete

Smash Ace
Ridley won't be in Brawl
Waluigi will be in Brawl
Bowser and Mewtwo suck, they won't be in Brawl!

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
"I can't wait, I'm getting Brawl for Christmas!! It's already preordered!" Several f my friends have said this, or said they are getting it for a family member or something. They all seemed quite shocked and horrified when I told them the truth. And they all either sulked away or rushed off to go find another gift idea!!

"It's Sonic's fault for Brawl being delayed!!!!1!1!!!!" My friends say this alllll the time.

"Brawl has been delayed way too much, it's obvious thta its never coming out!"

"Man, I want to be able to play as *insert terrible character* in Brawl"

"I won't play Brawl, I was never taught to play Melee and always got knocked around, so Smash Bros. SUCKS because I neevr learned how to play!!!" P.S. Thie was a friend of mine, and after hiotting him on the head and showing him some tof the features I convinced him that it would be awesome, and renewed his faith in the series. There's one catch though, i have to teach him how to play when it comes out...from scratch, as he has NO clue. ^_^'

And non-Brawl specific:
"Dood, I heard that you can get Toad as a PC in Melee if you SHOOT ALL THE CREDITS AFTER BEATING 1 PLAYER MODE!! Why hasn't anyone tried that, it sounds easy!!" So, I let them try it after I beat 1 player mode. ;)

"The Wii sucks, those motion controls are lame" as my friend is engrossed in a PS3 Game moving the control around to move.

"The Wii, and all it's games, are for little kids. They don't provide a real gaming challenge"

antimatter

Smash Lord
manhunt 2 anyone?.... i wouldnt play games with blood and gore though, i find them repulsive.

Cheezball

Smash Ace
Ok, I think this is one of the dumbest things I've heard.

guy- "They said there is a new character called Mr. Roboto on melee!"

Me- "There is none, it was a lie.."

guy- "No I checked on a very honest site and it said you need to suicide 101 times with peach to get him. Who's the smart guy now huh?"

Me- "Apparently not you. There is no such character. Go and get a picture and show me."

guy- "Here!" -Shows a pic of sheik-

Me- "That's sheik duh."

guy- "No that is Mr. Roboto duh."

Me- "Look, that site lies. I believe I've been there and they said there is a giant turd as a playable character. Honestly do you believe it?"

guy- "Yes."

This guy drove me nuts. I left after that. Can you believe him? This was at a forum that I used to go to, I think this is what he said, it is not exact words, but it is basically what he said.:psycho:

Top Bottom