• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most idiotic thing you've heard someone say about Brawl?(No Offensive Char. Comments)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This by far takes the cake.

I was going to make this it's own thread but I thought I probably would be yelled at. Anyways, I work at Target and I was helping manage the electronics area. So this lady kindly ask me to get Super Smash Bros. for her. So I got it while she waited. I rang it up and started telling her how I love this game. She buys it and then looks in her bag and starts getting pissed. I takes ou tthe game and starts yelling me "This is not what I wanted!". Surprised, I replied "You did say Super Smash brothers". And she was like "No, Super Smash Brothers for the Wii or whatever you call it you dumba**" I was taken aback. So I said "Ma'am, that game is not out y..." and before I could finish, she's like "Why the f*** not!? It's on my sons Christmas List so it has to be out!" So I replied "It was originally set to release on December 3rd but pushed back to Feb 10th." She went off how I was lying and I was trying to sell her defective merchandise by distracting her. Then she asked why it's pushed back to Feb. 10th.

I told her I had no idea but the people making it decided to. It will come out first in Japan and then in America. This ticked her off. "Why the f*** is it being released in Japan first?!" "Umm...it's being made in Japan, ma'am." "What the f***?! You mean **** are making this s***?" By this time, I was getting made since this is basically my career path. "Uh...yes ma'am. And I would appreciate you not calling Japanese people ****." So she was like "Look s***head, I can all anybody whatever I want. I can f*** you ten times over if you get smart with me." By this time, I had enough and blurted out "Look, MA'AM. This game is not out yet. Your son was wrong. As well, not only do I not appreciate you discriminating against a subject that is passionate to me but also going to be my career." Well, all I remember her is yelling at me, alot of people staring, the manager asking her whats wrong, and her being brought out of the store.

Needless to say, after that....I truly wanted to yell out "SAKURAAAAIII!!!!" and shake my fist at the heavens.

So that in a nutshell is what I think the most idiotic thing I have heard concerning Brawl. It wasn't me but another electronics manager got a call that her son is dying and his dying wish is to be able to play a Wii. So, in good Christmas spirit, she wanted one delivered...free of charge...to her house. The guy hung up on her haha.

vesperview

Smash Hero

I was going to make this it's own thread but I thought I probably would be yelled at. Anyways, I work at Target and I was helping manage the electronics area. So this lady kindly ask me to get Super Smash Bros. for her. So I got it while she waited. I rang it up and started telling her how I love this game. She buys it and then looks in her bag and starts getting pissed. I takes ou tthe game and starts yelling me "This is not what I wanted!". Surprised, I replied "You did say Super Smash brothers". And she was like "No, Super Smash Brothers for the Wii or whatever you call it you dumba**" I was taken aback. So I said "Ma'am, that game is not out y..." and before I could finish, she's like "Why the f*** not!? It's on my sons Christmas List so it has to be out!" So I replied "It was originally set to release on December 3rd but pushed back to Feb 10th." She went off how I was lying and I was trying to sell her defective merchandise by distracting her. Then she asked why it's pushed back to Feb. 10th.

I told her I had no idea but the people making it decided to. It will come out first in Japan and then in America. This ticked her off. "Why the f*** is it being released in Japan first?!" "Umm...it's being made in Japan, ma'am." "What the f***?! You mean **** are making this s***?" By this time, I was getting made since this is basically my career path. "Uh...yes ma'am. And I would appreciate you not calling Japanese people ****." So she was like "Look s***head, I can all anybody whatever I want. I can f*** you ten times over if you get smart with me." By this time, I had enough and blurted out "Look, MA'AM. This game is not out yet. Your son was wrong. As well, not only do I not appreciate you discriminating against a subject that is passionate to me but also going to be my career." Well, all I remember her is yelling at me, alot of people staring, the manager asking her whats wrong, and her being brought out of the store.

Needless to say, after that....I truly wanted to yell out "SAKURAAAAIII!!!!" and shake my fist at the heavens.

So that in a nutshell is what I think the most idiotic thing I have heard concerning Brawl. It wasn't me but another electronics manager got a call that her son is dying and his dying wish is to be able to play a Wii. So, in good Christmas spirit, she wanted one delivered...free of charge...to her house. The guy hung up on her haha.
Oh my God! That old hag truly was bitter.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord

Wow that even beats mine.

Yaya

Smash Champion

This is slaughtering my thread so far.

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
That's a very standard and obviously exaggerated customers_suck story. One that gets progressively more ridiculous as it goes along.

In fact, they get so many things like that they have an entire community for laughing at the ones that obviously go past the line of reality.

Now to wait for the "But no, it's true! Believe me!" response...

Okysho

Smash Ace

OMG I need a copy of this! THis is awesome!

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce

This wins the thread, and internet, and a cookie for being true and nearly unbeatable.

I've met people like this before especially when I sold games. They make humanity look bad. =(

RegalBuster

Smash Lord

I would have laughed at her face and told her to get out.

ThatInsaneKid

Smash Cadet
The stupidest thing I've heard so far is the "no wavedashing? WTF screw this im stickin 2 melee" comment.

But one some of the other ones that have made me laugh have included,

"OMGGGG. YOUNGLINK 4 BRAWLLLL"

and

"Liek, Lucrap sucks! I want Ness!"

Mostly this makes me laugh because it's absolute total noobies saying it.

And Young Link's textures would totally clash with the rest of the Brawl cast's textures.

And the fact that Lucas was originally going to be in Melee instead of Ness, but didn't make it because due to time constraints.

Yay for Wikipedia.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
HOT OF THE PRESSES!

Topic Title: LUIGI'S FINAL SMASH LEAKED!

"I think Sakurai should be in Brawl." Troll

^^Those weren't his exact words, but I did my best.

gsaran

Smash Cadet
"dragon Ball Z Characters Are Gonna Be In Brawl". Most Dumbest Thing I Ever Heard

Okysho

Smash Ace
I don't get it. Why do people think the Widescreen update was so bad?

And on-topic: "If there won't be at least 5 FE represantives i will reject Brawl".
Even you FE fans have to admit that's going too far.
Indeed I agree I'm saying three at most if we're VERY lucky... If not, we're only getting Marth and Ike (See Marth support thread for arguments, you WILL be shot down immediately)

Gamer2774

Smash Cadet
This is something my brother said
"Sonic shouldn't be in Brawl because all he can do is run"
he wasn't joking

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
That's a very standard and obviously exaggerated customers_suck story. One that gets progressively more ridiculous as it goes along.

In fact, they get so many things like that they have an entire community for laughing at the ones that obviously go past the line of reality.

Now to wait for the "But no, it's true! Believe me!" response...
I don't need to prove myself. If you ever work in retail, you would know this happens everday during the holidays.

I talked to another employee who checked out the same lady and she went off on him about how we didn't have something else in stock. My one friend who is in charge of the entire electronics said he had that with Brawl before. One lady came in, wanted it, he said it wasn't out yet, and she chewed his head off. Maybe that my guest just had a bad day or something.

This **** happens. It just goes unnoticed.

Anyways, this isn't a "I hate customer" thread.

EDIT: I do understand why you would think it's exaggerated. I told somebody that after it happened and they didn't believe m at first. That wasn't the first time I've heard racist comment from guests. For instance, one of the store managers is black and a guest starting throwing racial epiphets at him for not apparent reason.

Top Bottom